PDA

View Full Version : If Adrian Peterson played for UT?

the-O-fence
10-04-2003, 10:57 AM
Longhorn fans can you imagine having Vince Young and Adrian Peterson in the same backfield. According to Fox Sports last night it could be a good possibility.

KL3
10-04-2003, 11:52 AM
OU or A&M.

Jacket2000
10-04-2003, 12:14 PM
Hell, they've already got Benson back there, and we see what difference he's makin'.
J2K

eaglefan
10-04-2003, 12:35 PM
you may love the prospect of vince young and peterson.....but the horns do already have benson.........we aggies love the prospect of a Reggie McNeal/Adrian Peterson backfield though.

Gobbla2001
10-04-2003, 12:38 PM
Yah, eaglefan, but Benson's a Junior... Uno mas year and he's gone... Peterson would be the perfect fit...

HOPEFULLY, the O-line for UT will pick up the pace if Peterson does go there...

statguru83
10-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Why would Peterson go to UT he would be the third running back trying to play with Benson and Selvin Young. Since he wont redshirt as a freshman, OU doesnt seem like a good fit just because they dont run the ball that much, and then another one of his favorites Miami just turned into a perfect choice with the loss of the star running back, and plus Miami has a balanced offense so that seems like the best choice.

Gobbla2001
10-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Benson and Young won't be in Austin FOREVER, Benson's done in a year and Young is about to be gone himself...

What do you think colleges do... "Hmmm, I'm gunna wait until my star RB graduates, then I'll sign a good fish"...

They'll do just like Mack did with Ced...

Young started but Ced took over... If Ced wouldn't have taken over he would have atleast gotten good experience for a year before making him their hoss...

PhiI C
10-04-2003, 08:05 PM
How do we know Benson will return his senior year. He may be gone after this year because he might go for the early NFL draft.

Gilmer Buckeye
10-04-2003, 08:43 PM
What NFL team would want him right now?

Benson averages about three yards a carry up against good defenses. Just check out his stats for the game today if you don't believe me.

Plus, a fumble cost the 'Horns from three to seven points (even though I thought he should have been whistled down already).

As long as I'm 'dissing' running backs, I saw a 'highlight tape' Friday night a week ago on a Tyler TV station of Peterson against White Oak (small 3A school near Longview).

He fumbled four times, losing one, and gained 'only' about 160 yards. I say 'only' because I was led to believe he gained at least 200 every time he suited up. If he can't make 200 against White Oak, a 3A team which probably won't even make the playoffs in a relatively weak district, I have to question the hype a little bit. I think he had a bruised shoulder was the excuse given by the narrator of the scoreboard show that night.

One player I can say for sure appears not to have been overhyped coming out of high school is Vincent Young. He's the real deal. I hope everyone is convinced of that by now. Are you listening, Mack Brown?

3ahunter2k4
10-05-2003, 11:20 PM
the only thing peterson says he likes about miami is the uniforms, i don't think he's going there although it seems to make sense as far as early playing time with gore being injury prone.

3ahunter2k4
10-05-2003, 11:21 PM
as far as ced B, his line is an NFL-material passblocking huge slow guys line, not made for a guy like ced benson who loves the sweep plays and cutting it up the field... sucks for him

KL3
10-06-2003, 12:26 AM
Peterson has absolutely no offensive line. I don't care how good you are, if you are getting hit behind the line of scrimmage most of the time, it will be tough to get yards.

As for Vincent Young, the guy has awesome athletic ability, but I still want to see him actually sit in the pocket and go through his progressions and complete a pass. He's not gonna be able to just throw it deep against Oklahoma. If Texas tries to do that, OU will destroy them.

St. Ivender
10-06-2003, 08:16 AM
Gobbla2001:
Yah, eaglefan, but Benson's a Junior... Uno mas year and he's gone... Peterson would be the perfect fit...

HOPEFULLY, the O-line for UT will pick up the pace if Peterson does go there...The O-line is young they can grow with Peterson. It would be great. Another Heisman at UT.

JasperDog94
10-06-2003, 09:14 AM
Gilmer Buckeye:
Plus, a fumble cost the 'Horns from three to seven points (even though I thought he should have been whistled down already).Yeah! Whatever happened to forward progress being stopped and blowing the whistle. Plus, that "incomplete pass" that was actually a fumble in K-State territory. I'm glad that those calls didn't effect the outcome of the game.

JasperDog94
10-06-2003, 09:16 AM
As for Adrian Peterson, the announcers for the UT/Kansas State game acted like OU was the front runner. I hope not, but only time will tell. I really think UT would be a great fit for him. Let's see if Mack Brown can put on that ol' charm like he has done with soooo many recruits.

Go Horns! Beat OU! (please....) wink

Bellville22
10-06-2003, 11:35 AM
It's between OU and A&M, and A&M isn't making a very good showing lately.

I think he'll be a Sooner, but my fingers are crossed.

JasperDog94
10-06-2003, 03:41 PM
Bellville22:
It's between OU and A&M, and A&M isn't making a very good showing lately.

I think he'll be a Sooner, but my fingers are crossed.Do you know this for a fact or is this just your opinion?

Bellville22
10-06-2003, 03:55 PM
99% fact. Heard/saw this from/on several reliable sources. Of course every year there's that recruit who changes his mind at the last minute.

KL3 can probably offer more info on this topic.

1 ranger fan
10-06-2003, 04:06 PM
If he is any good, he could take Cedrics place. Ced has gone off the deep end with his Ricky Williams wanta be stuff. Gone to his head. Get someone else.

Gobbla2001
10-06-2003, 04:12 PM
Not a thing has gone to Benson's head...

HIS O-LINE IS YOUNG AND THEY'RE NOT DOING VERY WELL...

And if RB's didn't need an o-line they wouldn't put one out there...

JasperDog94
10-06-2003, 05:06 PM
As long as Cedric keeps his nose clean, he'll be the starter. I agree that you can't do much without an O-Line.

22, I hope that your sources are wrong. But, you know them better than I. Only time will tell.

BigDog
10-06-2003, 05:13 PM
Peterson and the QB from Grand Prairie will both be Sooners laughing and kicking both UT and TA&M rear ends!

BigDog
10-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Peterson and the QB from Grand Prairie will both be Sooners laughing and kicking both UT and TA&M rear ends!

KL3
10-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Gobbla2001, I think 1 ranger fan just has a different opinion than you on this topic, it is okay to discuss things on the DownLow right? I guess you didn't see the statements Benson made about 3 weeks ago regarding his team and some of the coaches?

El Bongo Ced is not even the best running back on his team, that honor goes to Selvin Young.

Gobbla2001
10-06-2003, 06:44 PM
When did I say we couldn't discuss stuff here?

Yes, his opinion is different then mine, meaning mine's different than his...

I didn't hear the statements Benson made... Wanna get me a link to 'em?

And regarding who the best back is RIGHT NOW, it's neither Ced nor Young, it's the little white guy (forget his name) that's going to be doctor...

<small>[ October 06, 2003, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

KvilleWildcats60
10-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Vince Young is the man!

the-O-fence
10-06-2003, 08:18 PM
I hate it when the Texas top recruits go to a out of state college, especially a rival like OU.