PDA

View Full Version : BONUS GOTW: Gilmer @ Tatum

buckeyebob
09-06-2014, 09:20 AM
The Gilmer machine is in high gear, mowing down the opposition like blades of grass. Tatum, coming off a successful bye week, will be the next to experience the Shock & Awe of the Orange & Black Machine. The Buckeyes have the Tatum Teams number & promise to not embarrass them by making them cry...old rivalry that has been unsuccessful for Tatum in many years...can the Buzzards stand up to : "Eight Different Gilmer Players Score in Buckeyes’ 68-20 Rout of Pine Tree Plus Three Different Quarter Backs Toss TD Passes"

We travel to their liar but it will not matter. Sorry Buzzards, such is life.

Eagle8
09-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Buzzards???? Bit disrespectful isn't it? Pine Tree would struggle with our JV for the love of god. Both of your opponents gift wrapped several touchdowns for ya'll the last 2 weeks. You wont get that this week. Better work on that front 7 on defense. We'll cut through what I saw last night like butter. Offense has high octane, ours does too. Both of our secondaries are tough, our front 7 is 3 times as good as ya'lls. Better get it fixed. It's already been exposed.....now it'll get taken advantage of.

WOS1
09-06-2014, 10:38 AM
I think this is gonna be one heckuva game... Tatum must be the real thing seeing what they did to Newton then what Newton did to BC this week. Wish I could see this one.

Pudlugger
09-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Umm yummy. Smack talk!

Aesculus gilmus
09-06-2014, 10:56 AM
2010 was not that many years ago and the loss was at Buckeye Stadium. So it's possible. But I've heard this "gonna be one heckuva game" talk before. I last heard it before the 34-0 shutout in Tatum in 2011.

This is not the 2010 Buckeyes by a warp factor or two. I'm also not sure Tatum has a duo like Jalen Overstreet and B.J. Allen.

If they do, then I agree the front seven will have a lot of problems, but so will the Tatum front seven with our duo or octo or however many score next week.

poisoned10
09-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Buzzards???? Bit disrespectful isn't it? Pine Tree would struggle with our JV for the love of god. Both of your opponents gift wrapped several touchdowns for ya'll the last 2 weeks. You wont get that this week. Better work on that front 7 on defense. We'll cut through what I saw last night like butter. Offense has high octane, ours does too. Both of our secondaries are tough, our front 7 is 3 times as good as ya'lls. Better get it fixed. It's already been exposed.....now it'll get taken advantage of.

Don't get all upset over being called Buzzards.

Our front 7 has been exposed. I'm glad that it has this early in the season, it will give us that much more time to get it right. As far as a weakness goes, that's the only one I've seen. Both secondaries are good. Tatum allowed 0 passing yards on 9 attempts from Newton's QB, who is going to A&M by the way, hopefully not as a QB. Gilmer held Pine Tree last night to 1 of 7 for 4 yards by the starting QB and 35 yards passing on 14 attempts by Liberty-Eylau the week before that. No doubt Newton is good, but I doubt they have anyone like Kris Boyd or Blake Lynch to compliment Elam.

Last night, Gilmer had 11 different players carry the ball and had 10 different players get a reception and 8 different players score TD's. You will be hard pressed to find many teams with scoring that wide spread.

Regardless, it should be a good game that I don't see Gilmer losing. I have no doubt it will be closer than Gilmer's first 2 games, but I think Gilmer gets the win.

Gen.Pat
09-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Go Tatum take some of the Starch out of Gilmer.

lostaussie
09-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Buzzards???? Bit disrespectful isn't it? Pine Tree would struggle with our JV for the love of god. Totally agree. SMH when I read name of this thread. Do I think we are gonna win? Yea. Do I think we should have respect for our opponents? Yea.

hollywood
09-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Don't get all upset over being called Buzzards.

Our front 7 has been exposed. I'm glad that it has this early in the season, it will give us that much more time to get it right. As far as a weakness goes, that's the only one I've seen. Both secondaries are good. Tatum allowed 0 passing yards on 9 attempts from Newton's QB, who is going to A&M by the way, hopefully not as a QB. Gilmer held Pine Tree last night to 1 of 7 for 4 yards by the starting QB and 35 yards passing on 14 attempts by Liberty-Eylau the week before that. No doubt Newton is good, but I doubt they have anyone like Kris Boyd or Blake Lynch to compliment Elam.

Last night, Gilmer had 11 different players carry the ball and had 10 different players get a reception and 8 different players score TD's. You will be hard pressed to find many teams with scoring that wide spread.

Regardless, it should be a good game that I don't see Gilmer losing. I have no doubt it will be closer than Gilmer's first 2 games, but I think Gilmer gets the win.

I'm glad Gilmer is in D2,

cowboyandchrist
09-06-2014, 02:25 PM
All the good people on this site don't be fooled by the Gilmore, Gilmoe, Gilmoron, or how ever you say their name. I talked to several people that went to both Gilmer games and LE shot them selves in the foot the whole game and were terrible, Pine Tree has not had a good football team since 1982, they have been 0 and 10 and 1 and 9 many times over the last 10 years. The Gilmer people on this site know very well what is coming

lostaussie
09-06-2014, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=cowboyandchrist;The Gilmer people on this site know very well what is coming[/QUOTE]
is that supposed to make us shake in our boots?

cowboyandchrist
09-06-2014, 03:31 PM
All the good people on this site don't be fooled by the Gilmore, Gilmoe, Gilmoron, or how ever you say their name. I talked to several people that went to both Gilmer games and LE shot them selves in the foot the whole game and were terrible, Pine Tree has not had a good football team since 1982, they have been 0 and 10 and 1 and 9 many times over the last 10 years. The Gilmer people on this site know very well what is coming

The starting 11 on Tatum's defense has not allowed a touch down in scrimmages or a football game. The defense will get to the Gilmer Q/B and cause a fumble or an INT. The Gilmer front seven on defense had better play way better than they have the last two ball games or Tatum will unload with the horses they have. Tatum ran 9 different backs against Newton and six different receivers caught passes with the back up Q/B. I will not say Tatum wins this game, but they will test Gilmer to the very limit. It has been proven to beat Gilmer you have to have a great defense and that is exactly what Tatum has and this year for the first time the depth to go with it. Gilmer has beat Tatum in the past by wearing them down with fresh legs, won't happen this time. Gilmer will have to play 4 full quarters. Gilmer should be picked to win this game because they have owned Tatum since 2002. The only time Tatum beat Gilmer was in 2010. Tatum would have beaten them in 2005 but Canton hung 63 on them one week before Tatum could get a chance. By the way Tatum beat Canton 42 to 20 the next week on the way to beating the Hippos for the state championship. I believe this defense can be as good as the 2005 defense if everyone can stay healthy. The offense is getting better, but has a long way to go to be 05 good. If Gilmer does beat Tatum by 3 touch downs or more then I will have to say no one will beat them. I believe Tatum can win this game, I am not like the experts from Gilmer that say they will win by 21 or more points, but I will say no one will know until 10 pm Friday night. This game is going to be one heck of a slobber knocker and will go down to the last minutes. Gilmer may have the fastest guy on the field, but Tatum will have the fastest 11 (team speed) on both sides of the ball. God Bless and pray no injuries.

Dawgs
09-06-2014, 03:43 PM
I'm pulling for the Eagles in this one. That's our neighbors just down the road about 15 minute drive. It's going to be a tall task, but by all accounts this is the best team Tatum has had in awhile. It's also supposedly the best team Gilmer has had too, but every year is the best Gilmer team so you have to take it with a grain of salt. I just dont know if Tatum can out athlete Gilmer. I'm not sure anybody in the state in 4a can. The formula for beating Gilmer is there. Big physical play on offensve line, and defensive front 7, and you can beat Gilmer. ie. Argyle, Kilgore, Carthage. But to try to get in a track meet with Gilmer is not wise. We will know a lot more about both teams after Friday night. This has the makings to be one of the best games of the season. Hope for no injuries. Both teams have a lot of football left to play. I haven't looked at the brackets but I'm sure there is a good chance they could be playing again in Nov - Dec. Good luck to both teams. Time to show off some of that East Texas speed. These are 2 of the best at it!

movethechain
09-06-2014, 03:44 PM
I looked for a "thumbs down" button for this thread title and couldn't find one, so here ya go ... :thmbdwn:

Eagleborn
09-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Giving up 250 yards a game to below average teams has to be a concern for Gilmer.

Get ready for the monster formation.

Oh and all those penalty yards. Tsk tsk tsk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle8
09-06-2014, 04:28 PM
The starting 11 on Tatum's defense has not allowed a touch down in scrimmages or a football game. The defense will get to the Gilmer Q/B and cause a fumble or an INT. The Gilmer front seven on defense had better play way better than they have the last two ball games or Tatum will unload with the horses they have. Tatum ran 9 different backs against Newton and six different receivers caught passes with the back up Q/B.

Actually 11 different players carried the ball, 14 different players contributed to the total yards.

Eagle8
09-06-2014, 04:35 PM
2010 was not that many years ago and the loss was at Buckeye Stadium. So it's possible. But I've heard this "gonna be one heckuva game" talk before. I last heard it before the 34-0 shutout in Tatum in 2011.

This is not the 2010 Buckeyes by a warp factor or two. I'm also not sure Tatum has a duo like Jalen Overstreet and B.J. Allen.

If they do, then I agree the front seven will have a lot of problems, but so will the Tatum front seven with our duo or octo or however many score next week.

If you're waiting to see if we have a duo your gonna be in for a surprise, lol. Offense by committee. We're loaded at the skills. No single player on our team has ran the ball more than 8 times which was our QB, no other player had more than 4 touches on the ground.

poisoned10
09-06-2014, 05:22 PM
The starting 11 on Tatum's defense has not allowed a touch down in scrimmages or a football game. The defense will get to the Gilmer Q/B and cause a fumble or an INT. The Gilmer front seven on defense had better play way better than they have the last two ball games or Tatum will unload with the horses they have. Tatum ran 9 different backs against Newton and six different receivers caught passes with the back up Q/B. I will not say Tatum wins this game, but they will test Gilmer to the very limit. It has been proven to beat Gilmer you have to have a great defense and that is exactly what Tatum has and this year for the first time the depth to go with it. Gilmer has beat Tatum in the past by wearing them down with fresh legs, won't happen this time. Gilmer will have to play 4 full quarters. Gilmer should be picked to win this game because they have owned Tatum since 2002. The only time Tatum beat Gilmer was in 2010. Tatum would have beaten them in 2005 but Canton hung 63 on them one week before Tatum could get a chance. By the way Tatum beat Canton 42 to 20 the next week on the way to beating the Hippos for the state championship. I believe this defense can be as good as the 2005 defense if everyone can stay healthy. The offense is getting better, but has a long way to go to be 05 good. If Gilmer does beat Tatum by 3 touch downs or more then I will have to say no one will beat them. I believe Tatum can win this game, I am not like the experts from Gilmer that say they will win by 21 or more points, but I will say no one will know until 10 pm Friday night. This game is going to be one heck of a slobber knocker and will go down to the last minutes. Gilmer may have the fastest guy on the field, but Tatum will have the fastest 11 (team speed) on both sides of the ball. God Bless and pray no injuries.

Who here has said Gilmer will win by 21 or more? I guess I missed that post.

Sent from my Nexus 5

lostaussie
09-06-2014, 05:28 PM

Sent from my Nexus 5I was thinking the same thing. Must be listening to the idiots on the other site. I can't even make myself go over there. Probably 15 pages of garbage by now:doh:

cowboyandchrist
09-06-2014, 05:29 PM

Sent from my Nexus 5

Read the post on Smoaky, it says Gilmer 42 Tatum 21 by Gilmer fans.

lostaussie
09-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Read the post on Smoaky, it says Gilmer 42 Tatum 21 by Gilmer fans.Like I said:D

cowboyandchrist
09-06-2014, 05:41 PM
What the good folks on this site may not know about this group of Tatum players. Most of the JR'S were on the JV last year, Tatum has two JV teams. This group won the Longview league super bowl two years in a row when they were in the 5th and 6th grades. They have lost one game since that time. The people of Tatum have been waiting for this group to join the talented group of Sr's this year. Last year Tatum had a very good team loaded with Sr's that won 11 ball games. From what I am told this team has more talent and depth than Tatum has had since the 2005 team. They will be ready for Gilmer, beating Gilmer would build the confidence like no other team could. In East Texas, if you beat Gilmer you are a dang good football team.

poisoned10
09-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Read the post on Smoaky, it says Gilmer 42 Tatum 21 by Gilmer fans.

LoL. You have to assume that 99% of the people on that site have no idea what they are talking about, because that is usually the case. All you get there are people who talk out of their ... and shout off their team will win by 100 points.

Here is where you will find the true and realistic fans. Especially when it comes to Gilmer. Please do yourself a favor and stop listening to what people 'over there' say when it comes to Gilmer.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Eagleborn
09-06-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm all for serious..... At least over here.

regaleagle
09-06-2014, 06:24 PM
What the good folks on this site may not know about this group of Tatum players. Most of the JR'S were on the JV last year, Tatum has two JV teams. This group won the Longview league super bowl two years in a row when they were in the 5th and 6th grades. They have lost one game since that time. The people of Tatum have been waiting for this group to join the talented group of Sr's this year. Last year Tatum had a very good team loaded with Sr's that won 11 ball games. From what I am told this team has more talent and depth than Tatum has had since the 2005 team. They will be ready for Gilmer, beating Gilmer would build the confidence like no other team could. In East Texas, if you beat Gilmer you are a dang good football team.

In North Texas, if you beat Gilmer you are also a dang good football team.

Gen.Pat
09-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Go Tatum.

Dawgs
09-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Here is where you will find the true and realistic fans. Especially when it comes to Gilmer. Please do yourself a favor and stop listening to what people 'over there' say when it comes to Gilmer.

Sent from my Nexus 5

What about Bob?

lostaussie
09-06-2014, 07:08 PM
What about Bob?He don't count........everyone has one:D

movethechain
09-06-2014, 07:10 PM
What about Bob?

He's unique and if you ever figure him out let me know. ;)

lostaussie
09-06-2014, 07:10 PM
He don't count........everyone has one:DBy the end of this week we may have 4 or 5 :thumbsup:

buckeyebob
09-06-2014, 08:24 PM

My bad...my auto fill / correct did that...type in one thing & you get another...drives me crazy...and those guys that know me will tell you I would never do such a thing on purpose...

buckeyebob
09-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Giving up 250 yards a game to below average teams has to be a concern for Gilmer.

Get ready for the monster formation.

Oh and all those penalty yards. Tsk tsk tsk

Early in the 1st, we had 75 yards of rushing & 45 yards of penalties...terrible...my thoughts that everyone was very keyed up & very aggressive...I would think that this will be a non-issue from here on.

Eagleborn
09-06-2014, 08:34 PM
Keyed up? Playing Pine Tree?

Ok.

buckeyebob
09-06-2014, 08:40 PM
What about Bob?

What? Are you an igmo?...everyone knows I have no clue what I say most of the time...I only have brief moments of lucid comments. It was not me that predicted any point spread...that would require some amount of connective thought.

buckeyebob
09-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Keyed up? Playing Pine Tree?

Ok.

OK...you come up with the reason

Eagle8
09-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Looking forward to this matchup. Gonna be a ton of fireworks.

waterboy
09-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Looking forward to this matchup. Gonna be a ton of fireworks.

It's shaping up to be good matchup. Lots of offensive plays, but lots of good defensive plays, too. I'm rally not sure what to expect in this one. In some ways this Buckeye team looks like it could be a great team, but then they have times where they just look good but not great. The defensive front seven will have to fix some things to make sure Tatum doesn't get into an offensive rhythm. If they allow Tatum to get rhythm offensively, this game could become a shootout. Gilmer's offense is much better than Newton's, but they have had a ton of penalties and missed plays.

By the way, I know you bleed orange and black from way back. You ain't torn just a little...?

Eagle8
09-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Been bleeding Green my whole life brotha. Must be mistaking me for someone else.

Eagleborn
09-08-2014, 07:47 AM
I once pee'd orange for a couple years. But then I got smart and left 8 mile.

waterboy
09-08-2014, 08:04 AM
Who did Newton play this past weekend, and what was the result? Anybody know?

waterboy
09-08-2014, 08:08 AM
Been bleeding Green my whole life brotha. Must be mistaking me for someone else.

Yep. Must have you confused with someone else. There is a Tatum poster that played for Gilmer in the mid '80s. Don't remember which poster it is.

Eagleborn
09-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Early week: How they stack up.

Coaching - if counting titles it's a tie. If counting all time wins/experience it's Tatum. If counting wins against each other it's Gilmer. If counting overall winning % it's Gilmer.

QB play - Gilmer
RB play - Tatum
WR play - Tie
TE play - lol
OL play - Gilmer

DL play - Tatum
LB play - Tatum
DB play - tie

KO return - Gilmer
PR return - Tatum

FG/XP - Gilmer
Punter - ???

Overall depth - Tatum
Overall speed on offense - tie
Overall speed on defense - Tatum

IMO, this game will be a lot closer/better than anyone not in Gilmer or Tatum will think.

Truth is it's hard to gauge either team. Tatum has played one game, against a run only team, but Tatum's strength on defense is usually against spread type teams. But that team had a total of 83 yards against Tatum's first defense.

Gilmer has played two games. One against a team that had more mistakes than the Duggar's pop out kids. Gilmer also played Pine Tree. Newton May have had more talent that PT.

Here's the thing though.. Both Gilmer and Tatum did what they were suppose to do against their opponents.

It's going to be war.

Still lots of question marks though. Biggest one to me is can and/or will these teams be able to keep long drives going? Will the players/coaches be patient?

If I'm Gilmer my game plan is try to create match up probs. move everyone around.

If I'm Tatum my game plan is come out and hit Gilmer in the mouth. Be more physical every play.

Again, this will be war.

waterboy
09-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Good summation, Eagleborn. Not sure it's all correct as far as advantages and disadvantages, but we'll see. I know the front seven of Gilmer will have some work to do to get prepared for Tatum. If I know Barr, he'll have some adjustments made for what Tatum does offensively, and Turner will have a game plan that will work against Tatum's defense. Likewise, I'm sure Evans and staff will have a plan that will seek out the weak spots in Gilmer's game, and they've had two weeks to prepare for it.

Being the homer I am, I still have to say Gilmer will find a way to win. If it's by one point or twenty points, I think the Buckeyes will win.

The sad part for me is I won't be able to attend. I'll have to record it on cable and watch it at my first opportunity which will probably be Saturday night.

Eagleborn
09-08-2014, 09:05 AM
It's going to be interesting. What's not to like about the chest match that will be played between the OCs and DCs?

Can't speak for Gilmer but, through the two scrimmages and game, Tatum hasn't showed anything besides the no huddle. Offense has been basic and simple. Maybe 4 different formations. No monster, bull or wildcat. Seriously doubt the patriot is shown this week. Would be fun to see all three QBs lined up in backfield though. Just simple gun with doubles with exception of 2 or 3 plays.

I think the hurry up caught Newton off guard.

Gilmer sees it every day in practice. Will be nothing new to y'all.

waterboy
09-08-2014, 09:57 AM
It's going to be interesting. What's not to like about the chest match that will be played between the OCs and DCs?

Can't speak for Gilmer but, through the two scrimmages and game, Tatum hasn't showed anything besides the no huddle. Offense has been basic and simple. Maybe 4 different formations. No monster, bull or wildcat. Seriously doubt the patriot is shown this week. Would be fun to see all three QBs lined up in backfield though. Just simple gun with doubles with exception of 2 or 3 plays.

I think the hurry up caught Newton off guard.

Gilmer sees it every day in practice. Will be nothing new to y'all.

True. Is it just me, or has this new 40-second clock just made games longer?

movethechain
09-08-2014, 11:23 AM

I think it gives the Refs an excuse to throw more flags to get a chance to catch their breath. At least it seemed that way in the first half last week. Seriously hope we have far fewer from here on out.

Eagleborn
09-08-2014, 12:17 PM

For y'all it's probably just playing bad teams that either made a lot of mistakes or gave up a lot of scores.

Eagleborn
09-08-2014, 03:12 PM
On the bright side, the weather will be wonderful around game time.

movethechain
09-08-2014, 04:46 PM
For y'all it's probably just playing bad teams that either made a lot of mistakes or gave up a lot of scores.

Against Pine Tree It was something like 10-1 against us until just before half. Played a bad team but we got almost all the flags. Your expectation is what most would think as well, but be managed to "Buck" common sense.

bobcat1
09-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Glimer by a lot.

Aesculus gilmus
09-08-2014, 07:12 PM
There is a Tatum poster that played for Gilmer in the mid '80s. Don't remember which poster it is.

I don't mean to reveal anyone's identity, but one of the most famous Tatum boosters I know (who also played for the Buckeyes in the mid '80s) is a fellow named Ricky Stone, who might even have made it to the NFL had he not been injured while at TCU.

Ricky Stone's son was a pretty good player for Tatum a few years ago.

Eagleborn
09-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Lol. He's hardly a Tatum booster. No where near it.

The son played for ACU for a while but found out the oil field pays better.

Eagleborn
09-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Glimer by a lot.

Any reason for that? Which scrimmage or game have you seen either play?

Thought so.

Out of Towner throwing out the easy prediction.

Ask any Gilmer person (that has a clue) and they will tell you otherwise.

bobcat1
09-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Any reason for that? Which scrimmage or game have you seen either play?

Thought so.

Out of Towner throwing out the easy prediction.

Ask any Gilmer person (that has a clue) and they will tell you otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk You're right. I have friends that I trust. Sorry if my post hurt your little feelers.

Eagleborn
09-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Hurt feelings? Hardly. That's not gonna happen.

To be honest I love it.

lostaussie
09-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Glimer by a lot.Finally someone with sense:D

hollywood
09-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Gilmer by 1+ :D

waterboy
09-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Gilmer by 1+ :D

Now dat's what I'm talking 'bout!:D I wit ya on dat one...

This game will definitely be more competitive than what we've seen in the first two games of the season. I still don't think most Tatum fans understand what this Buckeye team brings to the table, and to be honest, we'll really have to play against them to see how they justify their confidence. With that being said, most Buckeye fans don't know what Tatum brings to the table, either. We'll just have to see. All I know is there will be a whole LOT of speed on these two teams. I still say Gilmer wins somehow, some way.

d0tc0m
09-09-2014, 03:52 PM
This is the type of game that makes my heart ache so badly to be back in Texas. I'll be flipping back and forth between this broadcast and the Celina/Argyle broadcast on Friday while I'm covering watered down football in the Springfield area. I have no ties to either of these teams, nor will I be able to see them play, but its these types of games that still just get me so fired up.

Eagle8
09-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Driving me crazy....Friday can't get here fast enough.

Eagle8
09-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Bonus game of the week? I'll take it, lol.

Aggie98
09-10-2014, 09:11 PM
I'm taking Tatum in a 39-36 nail biter. Definitely won't be the last time these two see each other this season.

waterboy
09-11-2014, 07:36 AM
I'm taking Tatum in a 39-36 nail biter. Definitely won't be the last time these two see each other this season.

Just curious, Aggie98..., have you seen Tatum play this year?

Aggie98
09-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Just curious, Aggie98..., have you seen Tatum play this year?

I have not. I really don't have any justification for picking Tatum other than a gut feel and a buddy at work who's been telling me how great their Jr. class is for about 4 years now.

Eagleborn
09-11-2014, 09:59 AM
I have not. I really don't have any justification for picking Tatum other than a gut feel and a buddy at work who's been telling me how great their Jr. class is for about 4 years now.

Great? I wouldn't say that but that group of Juniors are pretty darn good...

waterboy
09-11-2014, 10:03 AM

Yep, we've been hearing about this group as well for several years. The thing is, though, Gilmer does this every year. They have had some very good classes, and then they have had some great classes. This class appears to be the fastest we've had in the Traylor era. That doesn't necessarily mean they will win because of it. They still have to go out there and execute the way they are supposed to. I remember the same Tatum folks saying the same thing at least a couple of times before, and they got manhandled by Gilmer. This year "could" be different, and probably will be, but I don't see Tatum winning. I've been wrong before, though. We'll see...

cowboyandchrist
09-11-2014, 09:23 PM
When this group of juniors were in the 9th grade they beat Gilmer 45 to 6 if I am mistaken someone from Gilmer will correct me..

poisoned10
09-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Tonight's games:

Freshmen:
Gilmer won, not sure of the score.

JV:
Gilmer - 41
Tatum - 13

Dawgs
09-11-2014, 11:06 PM
Ok I'm taking Tatum in a thriller. I like everyone else that knows anything about Tatum has heard all about this group for 3 or 4 years. It's hard to stop Gilmer, but they will not play mistake free football. Never have never will. That is the only down fall of the Mighty Gilmer Buckeyes. Gilmer will turn the ball over a minimum of 3 times. Tatum will need to make 2 defensive stops, and create points on all 3 Gilmer turnovers. If there defensive front seven can be physical enough to get just 2 stops they have a real chance. Gilmer will put up atleast 35 points even with 3 turnovers. Tatum will also need long sustained drives to keep the Buckeye athletes on the sidelines. I like Aggies98 pick. I will take Tatum over the Bucks 36-35 in an instant classic. With that said if those Buckeyes get rolling and some how play mistake free it could get ugly in a hurry. I see this game going 1 of 2 ways. Tatum takes advantage of Gilmers mistakes and pulls out the upset, or Gilmer starts very fast and it's never a ball game.

Dawgs
09-11-2014, 11:16 PM
They should be studying the Kilgore tape from last year. That is the formula to beat the Buckeyes. That IMO is the only way any teams in ETX can hang with the Bucks, an that's maybe 1 or 2 teams at best evey year with that makeup and mentality. There is one other way to beat the Buckeyes, and that's to out scheme Traylor. That only happens in ETX when Scott Surratt is on the opposite sideline. But don't worry guys we know what's coming in 2 weeks. We will take it like men. But that is neither here not there. This is going to be a heck if a ball game tomorrow night. This is what ETX football is all about. This ladies and gentleman will be East Texas speed on showcase. Look forward to seeing highlights!

Eagleborn
09-12-2014, 08:51 AM
For anyone wanting to listen to this game it can be found at:

QX-FM.com and it's also available on the TuneIn app.

Gilmer also has a broadcast but they will be broadcasting from their stands and not sure how it would sound.

waterboy
09-12-2014, 09:02 AM
Extremely homer...ish..., lol! Our broadcasters are about as "homer" as it gets. Sometimes, they get sidetracked and don't keep up iwth what's going on on the field. It's okay, though. They're not professionals, strictly volunteers, and love our Buckeyes.

Eagleborn
09-12-2014, 10:23 AM
Tatum has new broadcasters this season. One has a hint of homer, the other is pretty much down the middle.

And they get sidetracked too. Lol

waterboy
09-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Tatum has new broadcasters this season. One has a hint of homer, the other is pretty much down the middle.

And they get sidetracked too. Lol

Do you know a radio station that will be carrying this game?

NM, I found it. 100.3 or 97.9

I won't be near a computer tonight.

Eagleborn
09-12-2014, 12:23 PM
It's not 97.9.

GodleyEast
09-12-2014, 01:11 PM
I'll take Glimmer City by at least 2 td's it kind of chilly out.

buckeyebob
09-12-2014, 01:45 PM
7th Grade 1-1 (scrimmage)
8th Grade 28-0 Bux
9th Grade B (Carthage) 22-12 Bux
9th Grade A 24-0 Bux
Junior Varsity 41-13 Bux

Last night results...funny how no one from Tatum mentioned anything about this.

Well, sorry to spoil the record...guarantee Gilmer will score from scrimmage...we have been hearing woulda, coulda, shoulda for years & still no cigar. We love a slobber knocker. We know how to win & loose. Tonight we be a win for the Bux...oh & thanks to the Ttatumites for moving your band to our side...we will scare em good...they will be wanting Mommy, just like the boys on the field.

Aggie98
09-12-2014, 01:50 PM
They should be studying the Kilgore tape from last year. That is the formula to beat the Buckeyes. That IMO is the only way any teams in ETX can hang with the Bucks, an that's maybe 1 or 2 teams at best evey year with that makeup and mentality. There is one other way to beat the Buckeyes, and that's to out scheme Traylor. That only happens in ETX when Scott Surratt is on the opposite sideline. But don't worry guys we know what's coming in 2 weeks. We will take it like men. But that is neither here not there. This is going to be a heck if a ball game tomorrow night. This is what ETX football is all about. This ladies and gentleman will be East Texas speed on showcase. Look forward to seeing highlights!

Yeah, you can't beat Gilmer by playing at their pace because they will run off and leave you. You have to shorten the game with time consuming drives and you have to finish those drives with TD's. I think Tatum knows that. I don't know if Tatum has the offensive line to just run right at Gilmer all night, but I think if they can spread Gilmer out and run the QB 15-20 times they can move the sticks and shorten the game. Wish I could see this one.

Eagleborn
09-12-2014, 02:21 PM
7th Grade 1-1 (scrimmage)
8th Grade 28-0 Bux
9th Grade B (Carthage) 22-12 Bux
9th Grade A 24-0 Bux
Junior Varsity 41-13 Bux

Last night results...funny how no one from Tatum mentioned anything about this.

Well, sorry to spoil the record...guarantee Gilmer will score from scrimmage...we have been hearing woulda, coulda, shoulda for years & still no cigar. We love a slobber knocker. We know how to win & loose. Tonight we be a win for the Bux...oh & thanks to the Ttatumites for moving your band to our side...we will scare em good...they will be wanting Mommy, just like the boys on the field.

I'll mention something..

1) It's subvarsity.
2) 7th grade was actually 2-1, 3-1 if you count what would be a pick six.
3) 8th grade was 4-1.

Still not to shabby for Gilmer. But it's a shame those kids are busting their butts year round only to have next years recruiting class take their position.

Eagleborn
09-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Yeah, you can't beat Gilmer by playing at their pace because they will run off and leave you. You have to shorten the game with time consuming drives and you have to finish those drives with TD's. I think Tatum knows that. I don't know if Tatum has the offensive line to just run right at Gilmer all night, but I think if they can spread Gilmer out and run the QB 15-20 times they can move the sticks and shorten the game. Wish I could see this one.

All three QBs will be toting the rock.

orange machine
09-12-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm gonna go with Tatum tonight. Just a gut feeling Tatum comes out swinging for the fences and if anybody is gonna knock them off this is the only team that's gonna do it. If this was a playoff game I would take Gilmer.

Tatum 45
Gilmer 43

Aggie98
09-12-2014, 03:28 PM
All three QBs will be toting the rock.

That's what I'm talmbout.

cowboyandchrist
09-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Gilmer 14 Tatum 7 end of the 1st

cowboyandchrist
09-12-2014, 08:17 PM
This may be the best Gilmer Team they have ever had. They are better than I thought they were and I knew they were good. Tatum has no answer for the Gilmer offense so far.

lostaussie
09-12-2014, 08:20 PM
21-7 Gilmer

poisoned10
09-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Gilmer up 27-7

2:03 to halftime.

bobcat1
09-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Gilmer up 27-7

2:03 to halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Like I suspected. Good job Gilmer.

lostaussie
09-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Like I suspected. Good job Gilmer.still not sure if we will be able to score. No one has scored on Tatum in any scimmages

Aggie98
09-12-2014, 08:46 PM
still not sure if we will be able to score. No one has scored on Tatum in any scimmages

Lol

cowboyandchrist
09-12-2014, 08:49 PM
I have to admit that if any team in 4A could beat this Gilmer team including the Ville, I would be surprised. Tatum is a good football team and Gilmer is doing what ever they want to do. I will be a Gilmer fan after they play my Dawgs. If any team from East Texas has a chance to play for the Championship it will be Gilmer.

Dawgs
09-12-2014, 08:58 PM
still not sure if we will be able to score. No one has scored on Tatum in any scimmages

Hahaha. I thought Tatum would play them a little closer. I thought if Gilmer got out early they would cruise. I don't think Gilmer will be tested until deep in the playoffs. I was hoping for a Tatum victory to ease the beating the Dawgs will take :smoker:. Doesn't look like that will happen. I am like my boy C&C. I will be a closet Gilmer fan this season with the exception of in 2 weeks.

lostaussie
09-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Hahaha. I thought Tatum would play them a little closer. I thought if Gilmer got out early they would cruise. I don't think Gilmer will be tested until deep in the playoffs. I was hoping for a Tatum victory to ease the beating the Dawgs will take :smoker:. Doesn't look like that will happen. I am like my boy C&C. I will be a closet Gilmer fan this season with the exception of in 2 weeks.Tatum is good. We may see them again. At least maybe starters get full game!!

cowboyandchrist
09-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Tatum is good. We may see them again. At least maybe starters get full game!!

Tatum has been out played and out coached so far in this game. I thought the defense would be good enough to slow Gilmer down and make it a close game.

waterboy
09-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Final Gilmer 41 , Tatum 35

Wow! What a comeback by Tatum! The Eagles are good, folks. They took the momentum away in the second half and made a game of it. These two teams will likely meet again in the playoffs, in my opinion. Congrats to the Eagles! Good that Gilmer had a game like this. Maybe they can work some of the sloppiness out of their game. Actually both teams. Nearly 200 yards in penalties. That's not acceptable.

poisoned10
09-12-2014, 11:15 PM
Tough game played by 2 very good teams. If I were a betting man, I would say these 2 teams will be playing for the Region 2 Championship.

Eagle8
09-12-2014, 11:34 PM
All Gilmer in the first half, all Tatum in the 2nd half til we went for it on 4th and 6 from around our own 45 with 2:22 left in the game, tied 35-35 and came up half a football length from the first down marker. Gilmer sealed the deal with 26 seconds left on the clock.

hollywood
09-12-2014, 11:59 PM
Wow! This game lived up to hype, ya think?!

Congrats to both programs and Gilmer for pulling it out in the last seconds to get the W!

Eagleborn
09-13-2014, 12:07 AM
Was a fun game to watch....

IMO, Tatum rotating QBs in the first half hurt them..

Taylor should be QB from now on...

Gilmer is a good team... So is Tatum. Gilmer was better tonight..

See y'all in the playoffs.

Aggie98
09-13-2014, 12:08 AM
All Gilmer in the first half, all Tatum in the 2nd half til we went for it on 4th and 6 from around our own 45 with 2:22 left in the game, tied 35-35 and came up half a football length from the first down marker. Gilmer sealed the deal with 26 seconds left on the clock.

I think Tatum can come away from this one with two things:

1. You know you can play with Gilmer
2. You know how good you need to be by rd. 4.

WOS87
09-13-2014, 12:21 AM
Really Gilmer!? Celina lost and you let this game get close. We better stay #2 next week! :smoker:

cowboyandchrist
09-13-2014, 12:28 AM
I have no way of explaining this game, Tatum came out in the second half and showed what they can do. Make no mistake Gilmer is every bit as good as advertised. There were more flags thrown in this game than I have ever seen on two teams. Turn overs killed both teams. This will be the game of the year if they meet in the playoffs. Tatum can play with Gilmer and can beat them, but they will have to make fewer mistakes than Gilmer to do it. This game made me older than I already am. If they are not the two best in DII, I would hate to see the teams that are better.

WOS87
09-13-2014, 12:29 AM
I have no way of explaining this game, Tatum came out in the second half and showed what they can do. Make no mistake Gilmer is every bit as good as advertised. There were more flags thrown in this game than I have ever seen on two teams. Turn overs killed both teams. This will be the game of the year if they meet in the playoffs. Tatum can play with Gilmer and can beat them, but they will have to make fewer mistakes than Gilmer to do it. This game made me older than I already am. If they are not the two best in DII, I would hate to see the teams that are better.

I'd worry about La Grange and WOS

Aesculus gilmus
09-13-2014, 12:33 AM
Tough game played by 2 very good teams. If I were a betting man, I would say these 2 teams will be playing for the Region 2 Championship.

It seems like I had it figured out at one point that they'd have to meet in the third round. You could be right, though.

Aesculus gilmus
09-13-2014, 12:51 AM
Game-winning catch:
http://youtu.be/IgsuW36dvvQ

Eagle8
09-13-2014, 01:08 AM
Ahhhh, the 13' Salado QB pass to the 13' Troup QB for the win.

cowboyandchrist
09-13-2014, 07:55 AM
I'd worry about La Grange and WOS

If Tatum and Gilmer gets better and I no they will, I will not worry about any team. The team that beats them will have to be a championship type team.

buckeyebob
09-13-2014, 08:15 AM
A very intense game by all (I will need to have my pacemaker returned)...I have never seen a referee have players take a knee for a lecture...I will say that I saw the 2nd best high school game of my old man's life last night (Ceuro vs Gilmer semifinal of 2009 still #1) kudos to the Eagles on a well fought game...real sloppy on both teams parts (think we had 100 yds of penalties but were beat by Tatum with 110 yds) but both showed they are Championship Teams

Pudlugger
09-13-2014, 09:41 AM
If Tatum and Gilmer gets better and I no they will, I will not worry about any team. The team that beats them will have to be a championship type team.

All quality teams get better each week. Who's to say now what will be in 3 months and 12 games from now? Congrats to Gilmer and Tatum for a hard fought game. Good luck next week. One week at a time.

Eagle8
09-13-2014, 09:54 AM
A very intense game by all (I will need to have my pacemaker returned)...I have never seen a referee have players take a knee for a lecture...I will say that I saw the 2nd best high school game of my old man's life last night (Ceuro vs Gilmer semifinal of 2009 still #1) kudos to the Eagles on a well fought game...real sloppy on both teams parts (think we had 100 yds of penalties but were beat by Tatum with 110 yds) but both showed they are Championship Teams

Yes sir, hell of a game indeed. We get 6 more inches on the 4th down play and we could be singing a different tune this morning. We had ya'll up against the ropes throwing hay makers the whole 2nd half but the Buckeyes buckled down and made the one stop they needed to in order to not let us steal the game. When we made that 4th down stop inside our redzone with 5 minutes left, combined with the fact that you hadn't stopped a single one of our drives the whole 2nd half, I just knew we were about to pull it off. Gilmer is loaded......looking forward to that possible rematch. Good luck along the way.

poisoned10
09-13-2014, 10:34 AM
It seems like I had it figured out at one point that they'd have to meet in the third round. You could be right, though.

I meant the winner of the Gilmer vs Tatum game in the playoffs, should that happen, should be head and shoulders favorite to win the region.

Dawgs
09-13-2014, 11:15 AM
I thought this game was over at half. I didn't think Gilmer could play mistake free, and would turn the ball over. I guess they just waited till the 2nd half. As everyone else I expect to see these 2 meet again. Congrats to Gilmer on a great win, and congrats to both teams on a great ball game.

Question, How many yards did Lynch have last night? It seemed like he scored every TD last night, and all on long runs. I won't get too petty, but with out 2 senior move-ins Gilmer is just above average. Posters can say whatever they want to, but look at the stat line. Blake Lynch is the best player on Gilmer's team. Or atleast that's what the stats tell me.

Eagle8
09-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Lynch scored 5 of their 6 TDs

buckeyebob
09-13-2014, 09:22 PM

Depends on how each finish in District Play...bracket on UIL website

hollywood
09-13-2014, 10:58 PM

Kid is a BEAST!

movethechain
09-14-2014, 12:13 AM
Kid is a BEAST!

The crazy thing is he never looks to be in a rush or even trying hard. He makes it look really easy.

Aesculus gilmus
09-14-2014, 08:17 AM
I meant the winner of the Gilmer vs Tatum game in the playoffs, should that happen, should be head and shoulders favorite to win the region.

I understand and agree. Actually, you are probably right about them meeting in the quarterfinals rather than the third round because my reading of the brackets was based on the assumption that Gladewater would win that district and I wouldn't say they're the favorite anymore after seeing Tatum.

On edit: I typed this before seeing BB's comment, who is saying the same thing I said.

buckeyebob
09-14-2014, 09:08 AM

Lynch caught 4 passes for 114 yds & 2 TD's (incl. game winner with 21 seconds left) & 10 carries for 73 yds & 3 TD's...
Carter comp. 14 of 23 passes...220 yds & 2 TD's
Special shout-out to Soph. Big Kollin Hurt (not to be confused with Regular Kollin Hurt) 2 interceptions incl. the late one to seal the win.

Great job guys & to all the Buckeyes who had the tenacity & drive to get 'er done.

Hats off to the Eagles for never giving up.

Not trying to be Politically Correct (those that know me will attest that I never am) but there were two winning teams on the field Friday night.

Eagle8
09-14-2014, 09:37 AM
I understand and agree. Actually, you are probably right about them meeting in the quarterfinals rather than the third round because my reading of the brackets was based on the assumption that Gladewater would win that district and I wouldn't say they're the favorite anymore after seeing Tatum.

On edit: I typed this before seeing BB's comment, who is saying the same thing I said.

Yeah, almost everybody had Gladewater pegged as the #1 due to their returners. We had a tremendous Jr. class move up from jv that added a ton of speed and talent that nobody took into consideration in the preseason hoopla. All of those jet sweepers that you saw out of the bull were jrs pretty much. They all got about 4 to 6 carries each. A couple of them lined up at RB some too. Also don't forget that Atlanta has been putting on a clinic as well. I got it 1. Tatum, 2. Atlanta, 3. Gladewater right now. Think ATL is too much for G-water as well.