PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Opening Kick-Off from Pine Tree & what not to do

buckeyebob
09-06-2014, 09:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVt7oK9kx4A&feature=youtu.be

Opening kick-off return by Kris Boyd…ball to official before he crosses goal…Blevin Burns recovers in end zone for TD

Pudlugger
09-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Ha Ha what an embarrassing moment. I bet he wont showboat like that again after Coach has a talk with him. Heads up play by his teammate to fall on the football to score the td.

OLE'BULL
09-06-2014, 09:49 AM
That kid can flat out fly!

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Ha Ha what an embarrassing moment. I bet he wont showboat like that again after Coach has a talk with him. Heads up play by his teammate to fall on the football to score the td.

I do not think he was showboating..I think he thought he crossed the line so was tossing ball to official

Pudlugger
09-06-2014, 10:08 AM
I do not think he was showboating..I think he thought he crossed the line so was tossing ball to official

Perhaps but he was doing an EZ dance when his teammate pounched on the ball. BTW heads up by the Ref to let the ball bounce off him to the ground rather than catch it. He could have messed things up if he wasn't on top of things like he was.

Aesculus gilmus
09-06-2014, 10:14 AM
You're looking at this all wrong. Kris Boyd just wants to let some of his teammates score. That may be Blevin Burns' first TD of his career.

buckeyebob
09-06-2014, 08:22 PM
The Buckeyes always return the ball to the refs...one of the team rules that is followed.

movethechain
09-06-2014, 08:54 PM

I noticed more than one Coach-Player face-to-face "conversation" in last night's game. Kris has way more football intelligence than he had last year. However, he still leaves you shaking your head sometimes with his slipups.

movethechain
09-06-2014, 08:59 PM

You may be right. At the speed he runs, everything is probably a blur, so it's probably hard to judge distances accurately. :D

Tejastrue
09-06-2014, 09:02 PM
Stop making excuses.. he messed up. lol

waterboy
09-06-2014, 09:15 PM
That kid can flat out fly!

Yes he can. He ran a 4.37 40, and a 10.6 100M. He is a player that leaves you shaking your head sometimes with some of his antics and lack of discipline, but no doubt he has speed and talent. He is a senior and a highly recruited 4-star player that is uncommitted.

buckeyebob
09-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Yes he can. He ran a 4.37 40, and a 10.6 100M. He is a player that leaves you shaking your head sometimes with some of his antics and lack of discipline, but no doubt he has speed and talent. He is a senior and a highly recruited 4-star player that is uncommitted.

and 17...at that age, I had trouble finding my ###...I am amazed at how disciplined they all are

Eagleborn
09-08-2014, 08:16 AM

Lmao.

It's Kris Boyd. He was show boating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waterboy
09-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Lmao.

It's Kris Boyd. He was show boating.

He has been known to showboat at times, but DANG that young man is talented. He most likely didn't realize he hadn't crossed the plane yet, and I doubt he was aware of that until it was pointed out to him on the sidelines. He will get an earful, I'll guarantee it.

Eagleborn
09-08-2014, 08:55 AM
He is talented indeed.

Mojo84
09-08-2014, 11:50 AM
What's the rule on an illegal forward pass? Looks like he threw the ball forward. Should that have been a touchdown?

Eagleborn
09-08-2014, 12:15 PM
What's the rule on an illegal forward pass? Looks like he threw the ball forward. Should that have been a touchdown?

Those officials had issues all night.

I get there's a shortage in zebras, but some crews are "out there"..

waterboy
09-08-2014, 01:14 PM

One of the refs on here can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is just considered a fumble, not a lateral, so it was a live ball until a player recovered it.

Eagleborn
09-08-2014, 01:16 PM
One of the refs on here can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is just considered a fumble, not a lateral, so it was a live ball until a player recovered it.

Thought a team could not advance a fumble? Ball gets spotted where fumble occurred?

Farmersfan
09-08-2014, 01:33 PM
If it's intentional then doesn't it have to be either a lateral or a forward pass? I didn't think there was such a thing as a intentional fumble..........

waterboy
09-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Thought a team could not advance a fumble? Ball gets spotted where fumble occurred?

If I'm correct, the ball rolled into the endzone before it was recovered, which means it wasn't advanced. At least that's the way I understand the rule. We need a ref on here to clarify that for sure. It doesn't really matter. The crews we've had in our first two games were flag happy, and missed a lot of obvious calls. It didn't cost us, but I'd like to see the referees get better as the season progresses, and I think they will. I'm sure there's a lot of newbies this year.

icu812
09-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Impressive looking athlete though. Reminds me of Justin Johnson except way more speed.

GrTigers6
09-08-2014, 03:57 PM
It is considered a fumble and can be advanced unless its fourth down then it can only be advanced by the fumbling player.

Mojo84
09-08-2014, 05:53 PM
How is the intentional throwing of the ball forward considered a " fumble"? If he threw it sideways or backwards and then the ball rolled into the endzone, I'd understand and agree with the call. However, that is not what happened.

I think the ref may have made as big of a mistake as the player.

lostaussie
09-08-2014, 08:32 PM
It was a non-factor, although bone head move, in the loss by the Pine Tree Pirates