PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport @ Boyd

Bullaholic
09-06-2014, 09:05 AM
This 4OT thriller was not one for the faint of heart last night at Yellowjacket stadium. Either team had numerous chances to put this one away, but couldn't do it, and traded scores until the Bulls intercepted a Jacket pass in the end zone to end the 4th OT period and take the win 56-48. Hats off to a young and very good Boyd Yellowjacket team, who played their hearts out, and just fell short. Our young Bulls grew up a lot last night, scrapped hard, never gave up, and got their first victory since the 2012 season, and most importantly, learned how to win again. I am so proud of, and happy for these kids---especially our Seniors who will not have to endure another O-fer season in their last year as a Bull. Go Bulls!

5wide
09-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Couldn't agree more. I never thought I'd say this but it was good to see the Bulls get a win. Congrats to them!!

Bullaholic
09-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Couldn't agree more. I never thought I'd say this but it was good to see the Bulls get a win. Congrats to them!!

You know we're both going to have to change our names and leave town if some of us Bulls and Eagles start "kissing up", 5wide....:D Seriously---thank you for the kind words. Best of luck to the Eagles, except that one big "Battle of Big Sandy" week....

Gen.Pat
09-06-2014, 02:05 PM
All of Godley Fans will see You next week.

grahampaw
09-06-2014, 10:53 PM
wells the Boyd jr RB goes for 442 yards rushing . Here's my question for Bridgeport fans , how many of you think that if the Boyd coach had went for two with that wildcat play in the second OT to Wells ,that it would have most likely been a different outcome . Not that the Bulls didn't have multiple chances to win the game. I thought Bridgeport was the best team but just let Boyd hang around untill it almost bit them. I was happy they got the W and hopefully realize they can win again.

Bullaholic
09-08-2014, 10:09 AM
wells the Boyd jr RB goes for 442 yards rushing . Here's my question for Bridgeport fans , how many of you think that if the Boyd coach had went for two with that wildcat play in the second OT to Wells ,that it would have most likely been a different outcome . Not that the Bulls didn't have multiple chances to win the game. I thought Bridgeport was the best team but just let Boyd hang around untill it almost bit them. I was happy they got the W and hopefully realize they can win again.

I had the same thought, grahampa. When you have a back like #1 running for 7-8 yds, or more on every touch---why would you throw in a critical OT down? The only answer I can guess would be that the Jackets had beaten our corners for scores on passes previously. The throw was just off on this one. I hope the Bulls can keep ahead of Godley enough in regulation to not get ino another OT shootout.