PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville Vs. Everman

2muchOffense
09-06-2014, 04:31 AM
The Jackets will face their first tough game of the season. Everman teams are built alot like Kilgore. You can count on them being well coached, run heavy, big, and fast. Honestly we haven't been tested so far this season against Alaska and Gatesville, so I'm ready to see how we handle Friday night. Time to see if these Jackets are for real.

ValleyCat
09-06-2014, 11:36 AM
The Jackets will face their first tough game of the season. Everman teams are built alot like Kilgore. You can count on them being well coached, run heavy, big, and fast. Honestly we haven't been tested so far this season against Alaska and Gatesville, so I'm ready to see how we handle Friday night. Time to see if these Jackets are for real.

Everman's coach has been there for years.

Smitty
09-06-2014, 01:14 PM

Everman has not been tested either.

2muchOffense
09-06-2014, 01:33 PM
They will on Friday! I'm predicting a Jacket win, Im just hoping our starters get to play the whole game.

hollywood
09-06-2014, 01:37 PM
They will on Friday! I'm predicting a Jacket win, Im just hoping our starters get to play the whole game.

I expect the Jackets to win as well. I'm all for letting the starters play entire game if needed. But if the game is in total control, let the reserves get PT and continue to build depth for the big picture!

2muchOffense
09-06-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm all for the backups getting a chance to display their abilities. In fact, I have been extremely impressed with the effort of the number 2's. I would like to see how our team responds when getting challanged. I'm not saying Everman can hang for four quarters, but I want our team a little more battle tested before we head to district play. As things look right now, we are in for a few battles further down the road.

hollywood
09-06-2014, 01:53 PM
I'm all for the backups getting a chance to display their abilities. In fact, I have been extremely impressed with the effort of the number 2's. I would like to see how our team responds when getting challanged. I'm not saying Everman can hang for four quarters, but I want our team a little more battle tested before we head to district play. As things look right now, we are in for a few battles further down the road.

Agreed. After watching Brownwood get exposed against a decent Graham team, Stephenville's biggest tests in district will come from Wylie and Big Spring. JMO

2muchOffense
09-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Wylie is always good, but we get them at home. Brownwood will be tough because its a rivalry game and in their house. Im a little worried about Big Spring. I think they have been thinking about us since last year. Couple the revenge factor with it being a home game for them, and it could be trouble. I expect a rowdy atmosphere and a maximum effort from them. Will it be enough? We will see. Whoever makes it out of Region 1 will be tested, that much is for sure.

hollywood
09-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Wylie is always good, but we get them at home. Brownwood will be tough because its a rivalry game and in their house. Im a little worried about Big Spring. I think they have been thinking about us since last year. Couple the revenge factor with it being a home game for them, and it could be trouble. I expect a rowdy atmosphere and a maximum effort from them. Will it be enough? We will see. Whoever makes it out of Region 1 will be tested, that much is for sure.

You worry too much 2muchOffense! Lol Save your finger nails. If you call it a rivalry with Brownwood and Stephenville these days, ok. But the true rivalries between these 2 schools has been, well let's just say minimal the past several years... Especially in football. Big Spring will be a challenge obviously. But if the DB's continue to improve like they are and have, I'm not worried about Big Spring. Tannehill relies on the scramble deep ball throw to keep them in the game. Delayed blitz's, disquised blitz's and the pressure the Jackets front 7 will display will be too much.

hollywood
09-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Let's focus on the Big E Bulldawgs this week. When was the last time the Jackets played Everman?

Smitty
09-06-2014, 03:04 PM
I think it would be interesting to have the coaching staff come up with a few plays featuring Williams and Chapman in the backfield. Just for s__ts and giggles.

hollywood
09-06-2014, 03:19 PM
I think it would be interesting to have the coaching staff come up with a few plays featuring Williams and Chapman in the backfield. Just for s__ts and giggles.

Good gosh yes! I've been thinking the same thing. I'm sure they will during the season.

2muchOffense
09-06-2014, 10:12 PM
I know the Jr High boys played Everman last year. I'm thinking the last time the varsity played them was 2011 in Weatherford maybe? I was thinking we played them during the same playoff run as Lake Dallas and Aledo. It would have been Tyler Jones jr year. Could be wrong here.

Sville
09-08-2014, 11:39 AM
I believe our offense will get theirs. This will be a good test for our defense. Everman has a very good OL and one of the top young RB in the DFW. Will the Jacket D give up their first touchdown of the season? Everman started slow in the opener against FW Nolan but crushed FW Southwest last week. Padilla Poll has Sville favored by 6.

Admin can we get a poll added.

Matthew328
09-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Fort Worth Nolan is pretty good, they are 3 time private school champions and gave Lancaster a tussle last week...Stephenville is a very good team...will be an even bigger test for what is still a young Everman team

Texans17
09-09-2014, 03:05 PM
The jackets offense is very good, this will be a good test for this team. However, I'm just worried about the secondary of the jackets, that is the only problem I see with this years team. Still have Jackets by 10 in this one.

jason
09-09-2014, 03:13 PM
The jackets offense is very good, this will be a good test for this team. However, I'm just worried about the secondary of the jackets, that is the only problem I see with this years team. Still have Jackets by 10 in this one.
Everman will only throw 5 passes. If the run defense can bend and not break, it shouldn't be close.

hollywood
09-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Everman will only throw 5 passes. If the run defense can bend and not break, it shouldn't be close.

They contained South High and Gatesville pretty impressively.

Everman is another animal.

I agree.

Texans17
09-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Don't know much about Everman I figured they would be a run and gun team.

Bullaholic
09-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Just glad to see Ville playing teams like Everman instead of teams like Venus. This is good for all---including the Jackets.

Pudlugger
09-09-2014, 05:39 PM
What is the line on Pigskin Prep for this game? It will be a doosey.

Sweetwater Red
09-09-2014, 05:53 PM
What is the line on Pigskin Prep for this game? It will be a doosey.

Everman by 2

Smitty
09-09-2014, 06:40 PM
I saw Ville by 6

Sville
09-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Pigskin prep has Everman by 2, Padilla has Sville by 6, and Harris has Sville by 11. FWIW Everman is only 1-12-3 passing this for 17 yds.

Snotbubbles
09-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Im a little worried about Big Spring. I think they have been thinking about us since last year. Couple the revenge factor with it being a home game for them, and it could be trouble.

Depends if they have the same crew they had against Tivy, then again against the Lobos. If so, they could pull it out late against ya. They have these zebra's on a retainer.

YTBulldogs
09-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Depends if they have the same crew they had against Tivy, then again against the Lobos. If so, they could pull it out late against ya. They have these zebra's on a retainer.

:spitlol::stirpot:

Caprocker
09-10-2014, 12:37 PM

for the record, permian basin officials hate big spring.. the holding penalty vs. monahans that brought their td back was one of those two hands around the waist in the middle of the field calls..you're kicking a dead horse pot stir.

Caprocker
09-10-2014, 12:39 PM
oh and i forgot..i will take the ville in this one but it wont be a blowout unless everman is just down..those boys are normally VERY well coached and athletic as anyone you'll see all year.

2muchOffense
09-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Just because of Everman's athletic abilities, they are always a tough opponent. A loss to them wouldn't be the end of the world. I fully expect a Jacket win, but I'm predicting a hard fought battle. Teams dont usually just walk over Everman. Now IF the Jackets win big, we could have something very special brewing over here in the Ville.

hollywood
09-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Just because of Everman's athletic abilities, they are always a tough opponent. A loss to them wouldn't be the end of the world. I fully expect a Jacket win, but I'm predicting a hard fought battle. Teams dont usually just walk over Everman. Now IF the Jackets win big, we could have something very special brewing over here in the Ville.

Agree!!

2muchOffense
09-13-2014, 12:29 AM
The final here was 36-21 and it wasn't that close. The bulldogs scored a late touchdown in trashtime. I will be the first to admit that this Everman team didnt compare to the 2008 version. However, they were definitely the real deal. I dont want to open the conversation with those boys out in East Texas, but folks come December you will not be able to say we havent seen real speed. I can promise you Everman was loaded in that department. It was gut check time for the Jackets as the bulldogs went up very quickly. The offense responded and the defense settled in and the Jackets forced their will on both sides of the ball. There was some pad popping going on out there. Stidham looked sharp and the recievers played their best game of the year. I was extremely impressed with the defense. After a couple of big plays they really played well. They grew up tonight. I wanted to see how this team would respond when faced with a challenge and boy did they respond. This game reminded me of the 2012 victory over Aledo. After a big win over that quality of an opponent, the team saw their potential and the rest was history. Hopefully history will repeat itself this year. I know the road is long with many bumps along the way, but this team is gonna be special.

Matthew328
09-13-2014, 06:55 AM
The final here was 36-21 and it wasn't that close. The bulldogs scored a late touchdown in trashtime. I will be the first to admit that this Everman team didnt compare to the 2008 version. However, they were definitely the real deal. I dont want to open the conversation with those boys out in East Texas, but folks come December you will not be able to say we havent seen real speed. I can promise you Everman was loaded in that department. It was gut check time for the Jackets as the bulldogs went up very quickly. The offense responded and the defense settled in and the Jackets forced their will on both sides of the ball. There was some pad popping going on out there. Stidham looked sharp and the recievers played their best game of the year. I was extremely impressed with the defense. After a couple of big plays they really played well. They grew up tonight. I wanted to see how this team would respond when faced with a challenge and boy did they respond. This game reminded me of the 2012 victory over Aledo. After a big win over that quality of an opponent, the team saw their potential and the rest was history. Hopefully history will repeat itself this year. I know the road is long with many bumps along the way, but this team is gonna be special.

Just as I said, this is a good Everman team but not vintage....plus they are still very young.....good learning experience against a real good opponent

hollywood
09-13-2014, 07:53 AM
Pigskin prep has Everman by 2, Padilla has Sville by 6, and Harris has Sville by 11. FWIW Everman is only 1-12-3 passing this for 17 yds.

Harris was closest by 11.

Final 36-21, and could have easily been 43-14!

hollywood
09-13-2014, 08:22 AM
After each week the Yellow Jackets play this season, I'm becoming more impressed with the defense and how well they are progressing. I knew coming into this game would be the first real challenge Stephenville had this season. Everman has a very good running game and a stout and speedy defense that can cover laterally corner to corner as fast as any team Stephenville will face this entire season. Everman is being slated as young... Stephenville is just as young overall. Everman has many Jr's a few soph mixed in with several Sr's. Both teams grew last night. Both teams had to overcome a couple of lead changes. Showed character and good coaching.

Folks many of you know Stephenville has been ranked #1 all season. Are they truly the best in 4A? Not sure but they proved last night that they can play very good football against a talented, very athletic and well coached program.

Matthew328
09-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Everman starts on O 6 jrs and a soph....on D 6 jrs....
Stephenville starts 4 jrs and 2 sophs on O and on D....big difference is that senior calling the shots for the O....he's a difference maker and then some

the Ville 89
09-13-2014, 04:01 PM
Absolutely in total agreement with the senior play caller being the big difference in most games, but last night the just as young Jacket D deserves just a little credit for the W. If it wasn't for the 3rd play from scrimmage and the Jacket O sputtering early in the 4th and having to make our 1st punt of the season deep from our side of the field and handicapping the D, the young Everman team only scores 7 but that's why you play the game. Just saying and IMO. I have always enjoyed watching this match up and good luck to Everman the rest of the year.

refereedoc
09-13-2014, 04:23 PM
Everman starts on O 6 jrs and a soph....on D 6 jrs....
Stephenville starts 4 jrs and 2 sophs on O and on D....big difference is that senior calling the shots for the O....he's a difference maker and then some

SHS starts 5 juniors 1 soph on offense, 5 juniors 1 soph on defense

the Ville 89
09-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Jackets start 2 soph on O ....#75 and of course #24.

refereedoc
09-13-2014, 05:20 PM
Jackets start 2 soph on O ....#75 and of course #24.

You are right. Northcutt is so big, I forget he is a sophomore. Tackett #53 a junior gets significant time on the OL also.