PDA

View Full Version : Rio Hondo vs Sinton

ValleyCat
09-06-2014, 12:40 AM
RH goes into next week sporting a 2-0 record. Last week the 'Cats won against a very young 3A ballclub in Santa Rosa. This week they beat a weak 6A team in La Joya Juarez-Lincoln..41-13.

Sinton O will be tough to stop, but RH has it's own weapons. This game could go either way, as Sinton took a shootout last season against a young Bobcat team. 'Cats bring back 27 lettermen...especially 10 starters on defense.

It will go down to the wire,IMO...but I gotta pick my 'Cats. Sorry SFIA.

RH 42
Sinton 38

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Sinton 1st home game of the season, RH usually makes a late comeback and make it a game when they play in Sinton. Sinton defense recovers and offense uses the clock more to keep the defense fresh.

Sinton 45 Rio Hondo 21

ValleyCat
09-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Sinton 1st home game of the season, RH usually makes a late comeback and make it a game when they play in Sinton. Sinton defense recovers and offense uses the clock more to keep the defense fresh.

Sinton 45 Rio Hondo 21

:lies:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2014, 12:58 AM
:lies:

:wave:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2014, 12:59 AM
Are you making the trip to Sinton?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-06-2014, 01:03 AM
Definite Region IV GoTW candidate here.

iFootball
09-06-2014, 01:07 AM
Sinton bounces back in a big way... 42 - 14

ValleyCat
09-06-2014, 01:15 AM
Definite Region IV GoTW candidate here.

'Cats D will be stout, I'm kinda "ify" on our offense, especially having four TOs against SR in week 1...of all teams...SR.

Offensively, 'Cats can't afford to commit ANY TOs....Sinton will turn them into quick scores.

Epicpirates
09-06-2014, 01:15 AM
Sinton will not drop two in a row! They will have something to prove and Rio Hondo gets to be the unlucky recipients of a good old fashioned whoopin', Sinton Pirate style! See you in our " Bone Crusher Arena"! Safe travels! Go Pirates!

ValleyCat
09-06-2014, 01:16 AM
Sinton bounces back in a big way... 42 - 14

Say it ain't so...lol.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-06-2014, 01:16 AM
'Cats D will be stout, I'm kinda "ify" on our offense, especially having four TOs against SR in week 1...of all teams...SR.

Offensively, 'Cats can't afford to commit ANY TOs....Sinton will turn them into quick scores.

Just so you know, not everyone here are Valley folk. They don't know who SR is. (Santa Rosa, 16-3A D1)

ValleyCat
09-06-2014, 01:23 AM
Sinton will not drop two in a row! They will have something to prove and Rio Hondo gets to be the unlucky recipients of a good old fashioned whoopin', Sinton Pirate style! See you in our " Bone Crusher Arena"! Safe travels! Go Pirates!

:tisk::tisk:A good old-fashioned whoopin'?.....'Cats will put that claim to the test. If I'm wrong, I'll say I'm wrong. If I'm right, I'll say I TOLD YOU SO! It's gettin' lively in here.

ValleyCat
09-06-2014, 01:26 AM
Just so you know, not everyone here are Valley folk. They don't know who SR is. (Santa Rosa, 16-3A D1)

SR= (Santa Rosa, 16-3A D1)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Sinton offense keeps putting up the points, defense gets back in track.

YTBulldogs
09-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Not close. Sinton 60-20. Unless RH runs the slot T.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-08-2014, 07:45 AM

Unfortunately for Rio Hondo they run that newfangled spread that everyone seems to run nowadays. Supposedly though, Rio Hondo's defense is pretty stout.

This will be a very stiff test for that defense.

YTBulldogs
09-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Unfortunately for Rio Hondo they run that newfangled spread that everyone seems to run nowadays. Supposedly though, Rio Hondo's defense is pretty stout.

Someone is gonna pay for that RF Pirate performance, and I think it's RH, for Sinton's first home game.

PhiI C
09-08-2014, 12:23 PM
RF game proves to be a wakeup call as Sinton wins 28 to 17.

pirate4state
09-08-2014, 03:01 PM

Ha! Ain't that the truth :speech:

I expect a win, but then again...I always do! GO PIRATES!

ValleyCat
09-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Someone is gonna pay for that RF Pirate performance, and I think it's RH, for Sinton's first home game.

Well, of course someone has to pay to get in to see the game.

Sinton and RH fans a like.

Oh! You must've meant Sinton is going to unleash their wrath on Rio Hondo?? We'll just have to see about that won't we. I wouldn't expect nothing less, my 'Cats need a good test....and I'm looking forward for Sinton to get them ready for district. ARRRR...MATEY!

Best wishes to my 'Cats and the Pirates Friday night. GO 'CATS!

ValleyCat
09-08-2014, 08:50 PM
RF game proves to be a wakeup call as Sinton wins 28 to 17.

Why would Sinton need a wake-up call? Do elaborate.

ValleyCat
09-08-2014, 09:12 PM

newfangled spread?? Come on Tarp, that offense has beaten PI a few times...among other teams.

In my HS days I played in the Slot-T, Wishbone, Option-I....I liked the Slot-T as a TB...it was wonderful when I'd just see the sea part and I saw nothing but green grass. It gave me chills everytime we'd run 122 and 8-hole reverse. Wishbone was smashmouth with the power sweeps. The Option-I was tough to get used to though.

I've first got introduced to the Spread back in '99 when I moved out of the valley and out of state to join the military. I was in Illinois for a few months for Navy bootcamp and hospital corps(medic) school. Purdue and Northwestern were running it. Joe Tiller and Randy Walker were two of the first College coaches to use it as a base offense and I liked how they used fast smaller IRs that could create mismatches with bigger and stronger, but slower LBs.

Now you have different versions of the Spread. Spread Option, Pistol, Air-Raid, No-huddle,etc. Oregon's offense is something I've been studying and it all starts with their inside zone run and outside zone runs.

Anyway, I'm rambling on. LOL.

tango
09-08-2014, 09:15 PM
I know nothing about RH however I have some understanding of Sinton and know they will play with a chip on their shoulder after the loss last week. I will take Sinton in this one.

ValleyCat
09-08-2014, 09:22 PM
I know nothing about RH however I have some understanding of Sinton and know they will play with a chip on their shoulder after the loss last week. I will take Sinton in this one.

Cuero folks getting in on this discussion? Welcome!

I wouldn't expect nothing less but Sinton's best.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Now you have different versions of the Spread. Spread Option, Pistol, Air-Raid, No-huddle,etc. Oregon's offense is something I've been studying and it all starts with their inside zone run and outside zone runs.

Anyway, I'm rambling on. LOL.

It's all a bunch of fecal matter to me. I'm a Slot-T guy always and forever.

iFootball
09-08-2014, 11:45 PM
Friday can't come soon enough. Sinton by 2 Tds.

ValleyCat
09-09-2014, 08:14 AM
It's all a bunch of fecal matter to me. I'm a Slot-T guy always and forever.

Would you change your mind if I've already developed a Slot-T/Spread concept?? Well, it's in the early stages....considering Slot-T folks make it out to be a secret conspiracy. There's never been an actual Slot-T playbook that goes into depth with it.

Fecal matter or not, It can work. I mean if Gus Malzahan uses a Wing-T/Spread version....why not a Slot-T version? Imagine the possibilities....and then to have a dual-threat QB in it? It would rain TDs.

You know I'm crazy enough to think of stuff like that. LMAO.

ValleyCat
09-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Friday can't come soon enough. Sinton by 2 Tds.

Two days and a wake up...GO 'CATS!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Would you change your mind if I've already developed a Slot-T/Spread concept?? Well, it's in the early stages....considering Slot-T folks make it out to be a secret conspiracy. There's never been an actual Slot-T playbook that goes into depth with it.

Fecal matter or not, It can work. I mean if Gus Malzahan uses a Wing-T/Spread version....why not a Slot-T version? Imagine the possibilities....and then to have a dual-threat QB in it? It would rain TDs.

You know I'm crazy enough to think of stuff like that. LMAO.Beeville would run the slot T and the spread but not combine when they had Eric Soza at qb. They also would run that swinging gate stuff a few times as a regular part of their drives.

ValleyCat
09-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Beeville would run the slot T and the spread but not combine when they had Eric Soza at qb. They also would run that swinging gate stuff a few times as a regular part of their drives.

I'm talking about combining both the Slot-T and the Spread. Yes...yes...I'm a little weird...ok alot weird. Ha ha.

MustangFootball
09-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Sinton by 3 TD's.

GobblersUnite
09-09-2014, 08:55 PM
:ditto:
Sinton by 3 TD's.

ValleyCat
09-11-2014, 01:04 PM
In case the Pirates wonder if Bobcats can swim....here's the proof.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSIl2v4FiNg

SintonFan_inAustin
09-11-2014, 04:49 PM
In case the Pirates wonder if Bobcats can swim....here's the proof.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSIl2v4FiNg
That is a fast Bobcat!!!!

UIL ineligible though :)

ValleyCat
09-11-2014, 09:12 PM
That is a fast Bobcat!!!!

UIL ineligible though :)

'Cats are going into Pirate waters and swimming out with a DUBYA. LOL.

Who did y'alls JV and Freshman teams play??

pirate4state
09-12-2014, 12:03 PM
'Cats are going into Pirate waters and swimming out with a DUBYA. LOL.

Who did y'alls JV and Freshman teams play??

Freshman played John Paul II and won 54-0
sub-varsity team played against Beeville and won 26-3
our JV team was on a BYE

panther89
09-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Sinton wins this one 35-14.

SintonFan
09-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Its been raining quite a bit in Sinton:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/537/6kXgLs.jpg (http://imageshack.com/f/ex6kXgLsj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/538/ASABRQ.jpg (http://imageshack.com/f/eyASABRQj)
But the field looks good!
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/912/TncJ3K.jpg (http://imageshack.com/f/pcTncJ3Kj)

99IHSMustang
09-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Hope both teams come out injury free. I believe Sinton comes away with the W.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SintonFan
09-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Looks like that the skies have cleared some and may be rain free for a couple of hours. Go Pirates!!!

ValleyCat
09-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Did I hear right?? Sinton up 14-7....'Cats just got to turn it up in the second half.

SintonFan
09-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Sinton over Rio Hondo 34-7 with 3 min left in the game.

ValleyCat
09-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Sinton over Rio Hondo 34-7 with 3 min left in the game.

Not much else to say, but Sinton was the better team. Best wishes to the Pirates this season.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Sinton 35 Rio Hondo 7 Final

ValleyCat
09-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Good win for Sinton. My 'Cats have work to do on offense before district and the playoffs. Maybe we will meet up with Sinton in the first round. Who do the Pirates play next week??

Epicpirates
09-12-2014, 11:40 PM
Good win for Sinton. My 'Cats have work to do on offense before district and the playoffs. Maybe we will meet up with Sinton in the first round. Who do the Pirates play next week??

We play Beeville. It will be interesting since Jimmy Mitchell was Sinton's former head coach/AD before Coach Allen took over. Heard he's been talking smack about our QB. I look forward to Mr. Handson showing him what he can do. Orange Grove beat them pretty soundly tonight!

ValleyCat
09-14-2014, 05:24 PM
We play Beeville. It will be interesting since Jimmy Mitchell was Sinton's former head coach/AD before Coach Allen took over. Heard he's been talking smack about our QB. I look forward to Mr. Handson showing him what he can do. Orange Grove beat them pretty soundly tonight!

Well, if it's one thing Beeville wouldn't want is to go against a ticked- off Sinton bunch as my 'Cats learned on Friday.