PDA

View Full Version : Bellville's Tough Pre- District.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Looks like Coach Chancellor has scheduled, a host of last years play-off teams for Pre- District.
Calldwell, Cameron Yoe, Marlin, Yoakum, and Gonzales, the Brahmas will have to rebuild fast to keep up with this years schedule. Not only in Pre-District, But will have to play 3 teams in District, that made the play-offs last year, Navasota, Sealy, and Rice, that is now on Bellville's District schedule.
I hope for some of the Pre-District games, we will find a spot in the middle to play, Yoakum and Gonzales is far enough, but Marlin will be an even longer drive!
Bellville will find out from the start, how good the Brahmas will be, after losing most of their starters to graduation.
Good luck to the Bellville Brahmas!!!

JasperDog94
02-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Jasper graduated almost everyone two years ago, yet they still competed very well. It can be done. Best of luck to you this year! :)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Thanks Jasperdog, we might be ok, we have a good group of under classmen all won district this past year, 7th, 8th, 9th, and JV. Bellville looks to see a bunch of last years Freshmen under the lights on Friday's this year. That group has been undefeated from Jr High.

Bellville22
02-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Right on 'FBB'. It should be a very interesting year for the Brahmas. D23 will be a solid football district w/ Rice, Navasota, Sealy, and Bellville. I kinda think that Rice and Navasota are in the drivers seat right now, but I'm anxious to see how Bellville and Sealy rebuild after losing great senior classes. I like the tough pre-district for the Bulls. That should pay off later in the year for what will probably be a young team. Bellville will return a few playmakers, but they'll need someone to step up and handle the leadership like this years senior class did.

Former: check your PM.

Bull's-eye
02-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Looks like I will be putting some miles on my new car. I don't think the old one could of handled this pre-season schedule, but I know the Brahmas are up for the challenge. Go Brahmas!!

<small>[ February 04, 2004, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-04-2004, 09:45 PM
I think Navasota will have more players back from last year, but Rice also lost mant to graduation.

texcaj
02-05-2004, 11:57 AM
Thanks Jasperdog, we might be ok, we have a good group of under classmen all won district this past year, 7th, 8th, 9th, and JV. Bellville looks to see a bunch of last years Freshmen under the lights on Friday's this year. That group has been undefeated from Jr High. I know for a fact that the bellville 7th grade fb team did not win district. The navasota 7th grade team beat them. They went 9-0 this year. Know the facts.

BrahmaMom
02-05-2004, 06:52 PM
I think Bellville can handle the schedule. I was surprised that we got as many young players as we did on the field in the play-offs. That does nothing but build a team up--quick! It will be fun to follow the Brahmas, I think they'll surprise folks. Go Bulls!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Hey tex, Bellville had 2 7th grade teams and the a team went undefeated, Maybe Navasota has 2 7th grade teams also.