PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill v Brenham

Pudlugger
09-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Not much chatter out of the Hill Country regarding this game. Brenham is rebuilding and coming off a lose to Houston Lamar while LH rebounds from a disappointing debut at home against La Grange. Can the Panthers put it together and upset the Bears? You decide.

speedbump
09-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Brenham by 32.

Cam
09-04-2014, 10:19 AM
not sure, but I think panfan is in some desolate Idaho town where they have no puters!........

buff4ever
09-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Even though I think lh is better than last week's score (ex. The 14 point swing when lh was attempting to tie the game early at one and fumbles and then 99 yd td by dobbins), I don't quite think that lh is ready for Brenham this week.

Just 30 seconds like the above example can totally kill any momentum lh or any team has going. Lh had turnovers kill them in the first game against us as well last year.

HEMOTOXIC
09-04-2014, 06:17 PM
Not much chatter out of the Hill Country regarding this game. Brenham is rebuilding and coming off a lose to Houston Lamar while LH rebounds from a disappointing debut at home against La Grange. Can the Panthers put it together and upset the Bears? You decide.

Brenham Cubs not Bears and no, I don't think that LH will upset Brenham.

Pudlugger
09-04-2014, 07:28 PM
:DCome on Hemo cubs are just little bears ya know. Well, I'll take the Panthers in an upset by !.

HEMOTOXIC
09-04-2014, 09:08 PM
:DCome on Hemo cubs are just little bears ya know. Well, I'll take the Panthers in an upset by !.

Yeah, but it just doesn't sound right...lol

panfan
09-04-2014, 10:11 PM
I got a puter, just limited access to internet. LH will correct most of what was causing us problems last week against La Grange. A TD called back due to penalites, and then a fumble going in for another score will break any team's momentum. I'm hoping for the win, but fully know what we are up against in Brenham. If we play them close and lose, I can accept that given that caliber of team we all expect them to be. It just gets us that much more prepared for a good run later when it really matters. Go Panthers!

greendawg84
09-05-2014, 07:56 AM
Look out , panfan gots his puter working again !:kiss:

1st and goal
09-05-2014, 07:59 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how you guys ended up in a game against Brenham??? Is there a connection behind the curtains?

It would be a very tall order for the panthers to win this one. But it is possible.

LHPfactory
09-05-2014, 09:16 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how you guys ended up in a game against Brenham??? Is there a connection behind the curtains?

It would be a very tall order for the panthers to win this one. But it is possible.

Its hard for our our Coach's to schedule opponents. Even the big schools that are close wont touch a game with us. I was told that we dont want to travel all over the state, but its getting necessary. AW, Brenham, etc, have the same problem. Remember most average teams dont want to play these kind of teams early in the season when a coach is trying to build momentum and confidence, especially if there are other options. So we scrimmage Stephenville and Alvarado and open against LaGrange, then travel to Brenham and Abilene and such.

I believe this LH team has the right stuff to make great improvement over the season. When play offs come, we wont be up against anything better than what we have already played.

Back when I played I never entered a game thinking I would loose, I cant think that way, its not in me. I coach the LH youth teams and work very hard to instill an expectation of winning in them as well. This is how I am wired. I constantly push this attitude at my 10th grade son who will be playing in this game tonight.

So Brenham will have to beat LH to convince me that we are going to loose, sorry, my expectation to always win is chronic and incurable, no matter what the odds are.

GAME ON!

hollywood
09-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Its hard for our our Coach's to schedule opponents. Even the big schools that are close wont touch a game with us. I was told that we dont want to travel all over the state, but its getting necessary. AW, Brenham, etc, have the same problem. Remember most average teams dont want to play these kind of teams early in the season when a coach is trying to build momentum and confidence, especially if there are other options. So we scrimmage Stephenville and Alvarado and open against LaGrange, then travel to Brenham and Abilene and such.

I believe this LH team has the right stuff to make great improvement over the season. When play offs come, we wont be up against anything better than what we have already played.

Back when I played I never entered a game thinking I would loose, I cant think that way, its not in me. I coach the LH youth teams and work very hard to instill an expectation of winning in them as well. This is how I am wired. I constantly push this attitude at my 10th grade son who will be playing in this game tonight.

So Brenham will have to beat LH to convince me that we are going to loose, sorry, my expectation to always win is chronic and incurable, no matter what the odds are.

GAME ON!

Great post LHPF! I have the same mindset.

1st and goal
09-05-2014, 12:21 PM

GAME ON!

That's a tough schedule.

Pudlugger
09-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Liberty Hill Panthers make a huge statement and beat 5A powerhouse Brenham 49-47. You have to believe if you want to win. Congratulations to the Panthers.

panfan
09-05-2014, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=Pudlugger;1820754]Liberty Hill Panthers make a huge statement and beat 5A powerhouse Brenham 49-47. You have to believe if you want to win. Congratulations to the Panthers.[/QUOTE
LH needed a win against a solid opponent to gain some confidence. Brownwood is next. Go panthers! Congrats to La Grange on another victory.

LV_Bearfan
09-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Really nice win LH. Big bounce back after a tough first game.

buff4ever
09-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Even though they have up too many points. Still an impressive win for lh.

zebrablue2
09-06-2014, 12:35 AM
Liberty Hill Panthers make a huge statement and beat 5A powerhouse Brenham 49-47. You have to believe if you want to win. Congratulations to the Panthers.

WTH:eek:

1st and goal
09-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Great win LH. Glad to see you get this W against Brenham.

HEMOTOXIC
09-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Wow, I missed this one. Congrats to the Panthers!

Pudlugger
09-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Wow, I missed this one. Congrats to the Panthers!

You and 19 others Hemo. I saw them against LG and felt they were a better team than what most thought after our win. I also thought their coach would address the problems they encountered in our game and have them ready to ambush Brenham.

maestro
09-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Way to go Liberty Hill !!!!

Cam
09-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Way to go Liberty Hill !!!!

The Barney's pull it off!....I'm just happy for panfan's boy!.....#3 (Jacob) is a special kid!...West Point bound too!....:2thumbsup

panfan
09-06-2014, 10:22 PM
The Barney's pull it off!....I'm just happy for panfan's boy!.....#3 (Jacob) is a special kid!...West Point bound too!....:2thumbsup

Thanks Cam. Bummer not being at the game, but at least I got to listen to it.

hollywood
09-06-2014, 11:16 PM
Congrats LH! Good win!

refereedoc
09-07-2014, 08:47 AM

:ditto: