PDA

View Full Version : Connally (1-0) Vs. China Spring (1-0)

Yoe_09
09-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Connally is coming off a 63-49 win over Cameron Yoe while China Spring picked up an OT win over Lorena.

Thoughts? Who Wins?

regaleagle
09-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Yeah, who wins??? I picked CS in the pickem contest, even though Connally put up 63 on Yoe. CS did win a competitive game against a "no slouch" Lorena team, so.....

regaleagle
09-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Rocket Man picked Connally to win over CS in the pickem contest, but you gotta figure he has a disdain for CS moreso than Connally, lol.

Rocket Man
09-04-2014, 12:44 AM
Rocket Man picked Connally to win over CS in the pickem contest, but you gotta figure he has a disdain for CS moreso than Connally, lol.

Disdain aside; I truly think Connally is the better team.

I do try to be objective when making predictions.

Bosqueville
09-04-2014, 08:39 AM
As much as I hate to admit.. Connally looks like a well oiled machine. Their back ran all over us last year and while our defense is improved, I fear we don't have the "athletic" ability needed to keep up with them.

varsity parent
09-04-2014, 01:28 PM
As much as I hate to admit.. Connally looks like a well oiled machine. Their back ran all over us last year and while our defense is improved, I fear we don't have the "athletic" ability needed to keep up with them.

True, Connally should thrash the boys in baby blue, (powder blue, whatever, it's still a pastel color). I say should with the footnote that the Cadets historically have discipline issues even though they are the better team. With that said CS did beat us in OT last week and they did not look that great doing it. But then again neither did Lorena, although they looked better than I anticipated. I do however think that playing someone from the old district is a good call for all teams involved, because in years past every Friday night was a hard fought battle that nearly always came down to the last week of district to see who would be in and who would be out for play-offs

Rabid Cougar
09-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Connally hung 79 on China Spring last year but also gave up 52. That wasn't against second teamers either as CS kept with 10 to 14 point up until last the several minutes. CS had a decent offense even with half the offense hurt and on the sidelines. They just couldn't stop Elmer Fudd. This year's CS offense is just as good if not better than last years.

Connally hung 69 on Cameron last week. Yes Cameron. But also gave up 49. Its going to be another barn burner. Hopefully the Cougars win but the call should go to the Cadets.

Yoe_09
09-05-2014, 10:58 AM
It was in the 60's, but only 63, ha.

Connally has a very strong offense. I would probably consider it better than last year because all of their play makers are back on that side of the ball. Cameron was extremely fortunate to win the games in 2012 & 2013. In both of those years, if you watched the game you would have said Connally was the dominant team, but they made that critical mistake or two and it end up costing them the game. In 2012 I know they mis-handled a kickoff late and in 2013 all the guy had to do was fall down and the game was over, but he continued to run and was stripped.

In 2014, they did not have that mistake. Cameron had more miscues than Connally. 2 fumbles and 3 wide open TD passes that were dropped. However, Cameron is young and Connally is experienced. The Cadets still had 14 penalties, but once again, did not make the critical mistakes.

Connally has a top 10 offense, but not a top 10 defense. The Yoemen have the most speed they have ever had at the skill positions and they were not really able to contain it. The Yoemen scored 49, but also had those drops.

This should be a high scoring game. I would not be surprised to see a similar score to last year. I'm taking the Cadets by 14-21.

Rabid Cougar
09-05-2014, 01:37 PM
It was in the 60's, but only 63, ha.

Connally has a very strong offense. I would probably consider it better than last year because all of their play makers are back on that side of the ball. Cameron was extremely fortunate to win the games in 2012 & 2013. In both of those years, if you watched the game you would have said Connally was the dominant team, but they made that critical mistake or two and it end up costing them the game. In 2012 I know they mis-handled a kickoff late and in 2013 all the guy had to do was fall down and the game was over, but he continued to run and was stripped.

In 2014, they did not have that mistake. Cameron had more miscues than Connally. 2 fumbles and 3 wide open TD passes that were dropped. However, Cameron is young and Connally is experienced. The Cadets still had 14 penalties, but once again, did not make the critical mistakes.

Connally has a top 10 offense, but not a top 10 defense. The Yoemen have the most speed they have ever had at the skill positions and they were not really able to contain it. The Yoemen scored 49, but also had those drops.

My dad said they had three sure fire TDs dropped.

No. 14 sure made an impression on several of my referee compatriots.