PDA

View Full Version : Jasper you better play better.

mwisnews
11-14-2003, 11:36 PM
Mexia should of won the game. They had so many chances to score on the kickoff fumble and the good field position. If they could actually pass then they could of won the game. I was at the game and Jasper, you need a better play selection other than QB draw, QB option, and direct snap to that Marlin Cook guy. Jasper, if this were a better team you would going home for next week. Mexia shot themselves in the foot so many be times and you got lucky breaks. I am glad you won Jasper, but if you play like this, you will not play to see the next week. You didn't defend on the pass at all. No wonder McGee tore you up last year, that QB had some wide open people, but couldn't pass worth anything. I know that Waco Conally is good so you better step next week.

I am just glad you weren't playing Burnet, yet because they would tore you apart. So step it up next week.

j_dog
11-14-2003, 11:48 PM
mwisnews, thank you for your analysis. Yes, Jasper had better bring their A game next week or it will be all over for them.

As for the pass defense vs Burnet, your analysis doesn't hold water because almost all of that Jasper defense graduated. Offense also. This Jasper team is a totally new team. I think they only brought back 3 starters for the entire team.

Last year, McGee was threading needles for Burnet. He was in a zone unlike any which I have ever seen. Most of the passes he completed were to guys who were covered, at least as far as I could see. Somehow, they always seemed to come down with the ball. Usually for a TD.

mwisnews
11-14-2003, 11:58 PM
I heard fans say that they haven't had much practice on pass defense. That's from the Jasper fans. Plus, please Jasper fans get louder. It was quiet tonight. Pump up the volume.

pakrat
11-15-2003, 12:03 AM
In last year's Burnet game, Jasper played the zone in pass defense. They should have dropped the linebackers back into pass coverage, especially in first half. Burnet ate their lunch until 2nd half and then Shipley was covered pretty well at times. If they are still playing the zone, then shame on them because they looked lost last year.

Sounds like Jasper's play calling was too conserviative. Don't they have more than 3 plays?

j_dog
11-15-2003, 12:08 AM
I suspect that Jasper will take Conally much more seriously next week. I am just glad that Jasper got by Mexia. They beat Mexia 39-0 last year. Jasper may have put that out of their mind, but I would bet you that Mexia didn't forget it. They obviously came to play football.

Hupernikomen
11-15-2003, 12:10 AM
mwisnews:
Mexia should of won the game. They had so many chances to score on the kickoff fumble and the good field position. If they could actually pass then they could of won the game. I was at the game and Jasper, you need a better play selection other than QB draw, QB option, and direct snap to that Marlin Cook guy. Jasper, if this were a better team you would going home for next week. Mexia shot themselves in the foot so many be times and you got lucky breaks. I am glad you won Jasper, but if you play like this, you will not play to see the next week. You didn't defend on the pass at all. No wonder McGee tore you up last year, that QB had some wide open people, but couldn't pass worth anything. I know that Waco Conally is good so you better step next week.

I am just glad you weren't playing Burnet, yet because they would tore you apart. So step it up next week.I was at the game too and I agree with you. If we don't play better next week we will be going home. Jasper's defense was its typical bend but don't break. The offense was very sluggish. Patton's (QB) hurt hand seems to have affected his play and probably the play calling. I was really impressed with Mexia's defensive line and their RB. The RB was tough to bring down. Congrats to Mexia on a tough fought game and a good season.

Chris Hart
11-15-2003, 12:11 AM
Cut Jasper some slack, they WON/ADVANCED! :rolleyes:

j_dog
11-15-2003, 12:14 AM
Chris Hart:
Cut Jasper some slack, they WON/ADVANCED! :rolleyes: I agree with you there. I will take a 1 point sloppy victory anytime if that is what it takes to get to the next level! :D

pakrat
11-15-2003, 12:24 AM
Donating Member
Member # 704

posted November 14, 2003 11:11 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cut Jasper some slack, they WON/ADVANCED!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 1178 | From: Burnet,Tx | Registered: Jun 2002 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator Yeah, all you guys from Burnet would love to see Jasper, again. Your coaches wouldn't have anything to do but get ready for the game after Jasper. All they have to do is rehearse last years
game plan. Jasper ought to change their pass defense scheme, really surprise you! But sounds like they haven't.

JasperDog94
11-15-2003, 12:28 AM
j_dog:

Chris Hart:
Cut Jasper some slack, they WON/ADVANCED! :rolleyes: I agree with you there. I will take a 1 point sloppy victory anytime if that is what it takes to get to the next level! :D But if Burnet played as poorly as Jasper did tonight, everybody would be saying that they were overrated. After what I saw tonight, I think Jasper may be a bit overrated. Maybe I'm being a little harsh, but you can't fumble the ball 4 TIMES and expect to win the football game.

White&Crimson
11-15-2003, 12:56 AM
Maybe I'm being a little harsh, but you can't fumble the ball 4 TIMES and expect to win the football game.[/QB]Someone needs to mention this to the UT football team also...

mojjo_1
11-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Jasper switch to man defense after the Mexia drive against their zone. The defense played a good game. Jasper's problem seemed to be turnover's, coaching decision's, and minor injuries during the game. Jasper has a very good team, let's get it together.

jcwa88
11-15-2003, 06:10 PM
jasper-didn't-play-their-best-football-last-night.But-i-as-a-player-can-guarantee-that-it-wont-be-pretty-for-connaly :mad:

whatusay2
11-15-2003, 06:26 PM
jcwa88:
jasper-didn't-play-their-best-football-last-night.But-i-as-a-player-can-guarantee-that-it-wont-be-pretty-for-connaly :mad: Okay Joshua, we Jasper fans are going to hold you to that.