PDA

View Full Version : Stafford (1-0) at Bellville (1-0_

Scoop27
09-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Stafford is coming off a 41-15 win over East Bernard and Bellville is coming off a 3-0 win over Caldwell

duckhunter
09-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Stafford is coming off a 41-15 win over East Bernard and Bellville is coming off a 3-0 win over Caldwell

I just came off the pot. Stinky ;)

Saggy Aggie
09-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Stafford is going to win this game....

Feels weird saying that considering they've been the doormat of this region up until very recently

BB BULLS
09-03-2014, 09:48 AM
i think you will see a big change in the Bellville offense this week.

The Bull #40
09-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Does Stafford have a new coach or are they just progressing under the old coach? They haven't been a problem for the Brahmas in past years. That being said I think the Brahmas are inexperienced this year but will continue to get better as the season goes on. I'm hoping to see MUCH FEWER turnovers than last game - but I think many of them were due to the bad weather. Any Stafford posters with any insight into the type of base offense and defense they are running this year?

football344
09-04-2014, 01:58 AM
stafford hired a new coach last year. not a lot of size but A LOT of speed

speedbump
09-04-2014, 04:31 AM
Stafford will find there is a huge difference in playing a rebuilding Bellville and a rebuilding East Bernard.

OLE'BULL
09-04-2014, 08:45 AM
i think you will see a big change in the Bellville offense this week.

What have ya heard? I don't see them getting very far away from what they do best? The score doesn't show it, but Bellville still had a pretty darn good game on the ground. I could maybe see a few more passes, but not many.

OLE'BULL
09-04-2014, 08:46 AM
Stafford will find there is a huge difference in playing a rebuilding Bellville and a rebuilding East Bernard.

I would assume you mean a rebuilding Bellville will be tougher than a rebuilding East Bernard, correct?

BB BULLS
09-04-2014, 09:11 AM
What have ya heard? I don't see them getting very far away from what they do best? The score doesn't show it, but Bellville still had a pretty darn good game on the ground. I could maybe see a few more passes, but not many.

Bull there will be a few more passes but you are right they will run the ball and execute the play better. the young men will hold on to the football this week. there could be a few new faces on the offense this week just depends on how the ground game goes.

pancho villa
09-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Bellville's Moms will spit copenhagen in the eyes of the Spartans

speedbump
09-04-2014, 09:38 AM
I would assume you mean a rebuilding Bellville will be tougher than a rebuilding East Bernard, correct?

Correct..... much tougher.

duckhunter
09-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Bull there will be a few more passes but you are right they will run the ball and execute the play better. the young men will hold on to the football this week. there could be a few new faces on the offense this week just depends on how the ground game goes.

throwing the ball more when your completing percentage is .17%. (1 of 7 last week) might not be the best way to improve a struggling offense. I would think getting more consistent completing the passes might improve the team more? But what do I know? I am just a duckhunter......Ole'Bull is correct in saying they wont be getting away from the run. It is what they do best. I would bet a 100 dollar bill that the 7 passes thrown last week will be the most thrown all year. :smoker:

rancher
09-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Bellville will only start to put together an offensive game when they make a change at the offensive coordinator. This will be a replay of last week's game plan.

OLE'BULL
09-04-2014, 01:36 PM

New faces? I'm not used to the 11 new faces on offense yet! haha. Where do you think the changes will be made? OL?

OLE'BULL
09-04-2014, 01:44 PM
throwing the ball more when your completing percentage is .17%. (1 of 7 last week) might not be the best way to improve a struggling offense. I would think getting more consistent completing the passes might improve the team more? But what do I know? I am just a duckhunter......Ole'Bull is correct in saying they wont be getting away from the run. It is what they do best. I would bet a 100 dollar bill that the 7 passes thrown last week will be the most thrown all year. :smoker:

I am telling you, Zapalac is a good QB. Bellville will be a better passing team this year than they were last year, IF given the opportunity. The Caldwell game is not a good indicator for a couple of reasons. The field was wet, it was week 1, first Varsity start for Zapalac, most of our attempts were out of desperation, etc. And by desperation, I mean that it was an obvious passing situation (3rd and loooong, time running down, etc.). When Zapalac is given the opportunity to manage a game and is allowed to throw the ball on 1st and 10, 2nd and short, etc. and get in a rhythem, he will be fine. I would like to see us try and throw the ball 10-12 times a game. We are very predictable and I dont think we are talented enough, or big enough, to line up man on man facing a stacked box and run through people every play.

OLE'BULL
09-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Bellville will only start to put together an offensive game when they make a change at the offensive coordinator. This will be a replay of last week's game plan.

Isn't this the same coordinator we have had since Rowe has been here? It's only 1 game, the first week of the season. Give them a chance, shheeeessshh.

Scoop27
09-04-2014, 05:10 PM
In some cases the defense is ahead of the offense in the first game

Pudlugger
09-04-2014, 07:32 PM
The Bulls start to pull together as a team and get the win by 7.

BB BULLS
09-05-2014, 07:35 AM
In some cases the defense is ahead of the offense in the first game

yes they are, i think we have eight returning starters on defense.

BB BULLS
09-05-2014, 07:43 AM
I am telling you, Zapalac is a good QB. Bellville will be a better passing team this year than they were last year, IF given the opportunity. The Caldwell game is not a good indicator for a couple of reasons. The field was wet, it was week 1, first Varsity start for Zapalac, most of our attempts were out of desperation, etc. And by desperation, I mean that it was an obvious passing situation (3rd and loooong, time running down, etc.). When Zapalac is given the opportunity to manage a game and is allowed to throw the ball on 1st and 10, 2nd and short, etc. and get in a rhythem, he will be fine. I would like to see us try and throw the ball 10-12 times a game. We are very predictable and I dont think we are talented enough, or big enough, to line up man on man facing a stacked box and run through people every play.

i agree 100% Brady has a very good arm and can put it on the money, but like i said they have to get some kids out there that will catch the ball. they will keep throwing ball they have no choice cant run everytime. they will be fine by the time district rolls around.

pancho villa
09-05-2014, 07:45 AM

Your boy sitting on the bench?

BB BULLS
09-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Your boy sitting on the bench?

:fnypost: you may be right there pancho

football344
09-05-2014, 07:55 AM
Just saying don't sleep on stafford

BB BULLS
09-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Just saying don't sleep on stafford

trust me football after that 3-0 blowout last week these guys will not sleep on anyone.

YTBulldogs
09-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Bellville will be fine. I know in our scrimmage, they missed wide open receivers, against some speedy DB's we had. Run great routes, timing was just off. They'll get that down and have a solid one-two punch when the games matter. I say they get all rolling tonight, and win by 21.

Pudlugger
09-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Good luck to our neighbors to the Northeast. Brahmas roll.

OLE'BULL
09-05-2014, 10:40 AM
i agree 100% Brady has a very good arm and can put it on the money, but like i said they have to get some kids out there that will catch the ball. they will keep throwing ball they have no choice cant run everytime. they will be fine by the time district rolls around.

Yep, at the Needville scrimmage we had too many drops. Also, BZ had some beautiful long balls that the WR's just stopped running on. They just needed to keep running and it would have been 6.

BB BULLS
09-05-2014, 11:29 AM
New faces? I'm not used to the 11 new faces on offense yet! haha. Where do you think the changes will be made? OL?

Bull i tried to get more information out of my boy last night and he would not say much. asked was they gonna do anything different he just said wait and see. so i think they got something up their sleeve's.

The Bull #40
09-05-2014, 01:10 PM
I don't know if the Bulls are gonna roll Stafford after last weeks outing, but I think the offense will look much better on a dry field and after another week of practice under their belt. The defense just needs to keep flying around and we should be fine. I say Brahmas win 28-14.

BB BULLS
09-05-2014, 10:59 PM
I don't know if the Bulls are gonna roll Stafford after last weeks outing, but I think the offense will look much better on a dry field and after another week of practice under their belt. The defense just needs to keep flying around and we should be fine. I say Brahmas win 28-14.

sad to say but the offense did not look very good until they started spreading it out a little but it was to late. turnovers are killing us think we had five tonight.

Saggy Aggie
09-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Stafford is going to win this game.....

Just stopping by...

Scoop27
09-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Stafford 14, Bellville 9
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=212835&TeamID=176&SearchType=Teams

duckhunter
09-06-2014, 04:53 AM
The lack of speed and size is hurting the Brahmas. This is the first team in a long time that doesn't have either one of those components..... They are lucky they don't run the spread offense. They dont have the personnel for it. Good thing is that they only have to win one game come district time to have a chance for playoffs. Everyone is a winner still!!! Well almost everyone

This is the kind of team that should continue to get better each week. By district they should be fine. The defense will at least keep them competitive in most games.

rancher
09-06-2014, 08:48 AM
I will give the RANCHER report on last nights game. This report will not be a rainbow, butterflys and fairy tell version. It was the good and bad last night. The DEFENSE deserved to win the way they played. I thought at any moment they would win the ball game with a big play, but the ball did not bounce their way. However, the offense has two speeds SLOW AND SLOWER. The play calling was abysmal and the offensive coord. must be a left over coach of the DOUG FOSTER ERA. Unless changes are made and quickly, he is going to sink the program back to the depths before Rowe took the helm. One only has to look at the total yardage stats last night to see how bad it was Total Yards 115. Until changes are made on the offensive side of the ball from the top, Bellville will have a lot of L's this year and will be on the outside watching the playoffs.

Manso/V8
09-06-2014, 08:02 PM
The Brahmas may lack the size and speed we have had in most year, but they will get it together and have decent season. The Bull's defense looked pretty good. The offense needs a bit of work, but will get better as this new crew gets a bit more experience. The QB throws a nice ball. It was a good game and both teams showed sustained........#3 for Stafford is quick!

The Bull #40
09-07-2014, 11:46 AM
I will give the RANCHER report on last nights game. This report will not be a rainbow, butterflys and fairy tell version. It was the good and bad last night. The DEFENSE deserved to win the way they played. I thought at any moment they would win the ball game with a big play, but the ball did not bounce their way. However, the offense has two speeds SLOW AND SLOWER. The play calling was abysmal and the offensive coord. must be a left over coach of the DOUG FOSTER ERA. Unless changes are made and quickly, he is going to sink the program back to the depths before Rowe took the helm. One only has to look at the total yardage stats last night to see how bad it was Total Yards 115. Until changes are made on the offensive side of the ball from the top, Bellville will have a lot of L's this year and will be on the outside watching the playoffs.

The offensive coordinator has been the same since Rowe arrived. He is NOT from the Doug Foster era. We've literally been running the same offense since he got here. We just don't have as much size or talent as we have had lately so the offense doesn't work as well.