PDA

View Full Version : DE Michael Sam coming to Dallas?

Cam
09-02-2014, 04:22 PM
This is probably a no-news story....but oh well.....here it is....if the dude can develop, I say bring him in..I could care less if Dallas brought in Liberace's ghost to be the kicker!...anything to make the Cowboys better right??.......Tony Romo and little guys like him just need to remember not to bend over to pickup the soap!!....:doh:....that was really tacky on my part!....absolutely no class!.....no couth whatsoever!.....:thumbsup::thumbsup:......this is all Greendawg's fault!!...

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/11455007/dallas-cowboys-bring-michael-sam-physical

cougartino
09-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Jerry will bring in the ghost of Christmas Past if brings more attention to the Cowboys. But I don't think this guy is going to bring the defense out of the doldrums any more than Jim Dwyer or David Ponder.

caleb_mccaig
09-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Sam truly didn't look bad during the pre-season. The Dallas defense needs all the help it can get. I'm just worried the media circus and the Oprah reality show will be a big distraction.

Rabid Cougar
09-02-2014, 08:26 PM
7th Round draft choice beat out by an undrafted free agent.

Scoop27
09-02-2014, 09:01 PM
They kept saying on WWE Monday Night Raw that he Sam will make address on next Monday's show

bobcat1
09-02-2014, 09:14 PM
I wonder if he will pass the prostrate exam.

Cam
09-02-2014, 09:53 PM

oh have I got a prostrate story for you!!.....

Cam
09-02-2014, 09:55 PM
here's what I think is happening here....If Sam makes it to the practice squad, his boyfriend will be the first man to try out for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders!.....you heard it here first!!!

Saggy Aggie
09-02-2014, 11:19 PM
here's what I think is happening here....If Sam makes it to the practice squad, his boyfriend will be the first man to try out for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders!.....you heard it here first!!!
Lmao

cougartino
09-03-2014, 12:05 AM
"Big D" is gonna take on a whole new meaning!

buckeyebob
09-03-2014, 07:01 AM

Tackey Tackey...so politically incorrect...at least you said nothing about enjoyment

buff4ever
09-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Tackey Tackey...so politically incorrect...at least you said nothing about enjoyment

yet you just did

ronwx5x
09-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Prostrate as in horizontal or prostate as in male organ? Maybe both?

caleb_mccaig
09-03-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm more offended by the jokes on this thread than I am by the Redskins name.

gatordaze
09-03-2014, 10:25 AM
heard that he is happy to be a cowboy but he secretly wanted to be the construction worker...

D'Highlander
09-03-2014, 10:59 AM
He passed the physical and is now a Cowboy. Will Smith cut from the practice squad to make room.

Cam
09-03-2014, 11:45 AM
He passed the physical and is now a Cowboy. Will Smith cut from the practice squad to make room.

so basically what you're sayin' is Will Smith got the "shaft"!!.....

cougartino
09-03-2014, 11:57 AM
And the place where the Cowboys spend the night for home games? Gaylord Texan Resort.

Cam
09-03-2014, 12:00 PM
:thinking:...I have no earthly idea why:vrycnfsd:....but this thread just reminded me of a story my brother-in-law told me many years ago....While in the high school athletic showers, on a dare, he claims he took one of them big ol' ZEST soap bars, walked up behind an unsuspecting victim, and proceeded to shove up so far up his arse cheeks that when he let go, the dang soap bar "popped out" and fell to the shower floor....with some brown "stains" clearly visible on one of the corners of the bar!!.....:ack!::eek:..needless to say, that bar of soap stayed there a while!!..NO one would get near it!.....TMI for sure!!.....to this day, I have no idea why my sister married that guy!!.....but I guess they did raise a fine family...one's a dentist..the other is a physicians assistant.....IDK....maybe I should tell them this story about their daddy!!!.........:vrycnfsd:

...this is all Greendawg's fault!....

D'Highlander
09-03-2014, 12:12 PM
That story reminds me of the good ole days where all the HS boys shared a locker room and we had one big shower with a pipe sticking up in the middle with 8 shower heads coming off in every direction so everyone could stand naked in a circle. Never made much sense to me but some guys liked it. Well, that and the guys peeing on each other's leg. That school was brand new when I was a freshman and they are still using it. I wonder if they still have the same shower setup?

I feel I have shared too much.

Cam
09-03-2014, 12:14 PM
That story reminds me of the good ole days where all the HS boys shared a locker room and we had one big shower with a pipe sticking up in the middle with 8 shower heads coming off in every direction so everyone could stand naked in a circle. Never made much sense to me but some guys liked it. Well, that and the guys peeing on each other's leg. That school was brand new when I was a freshman and they are still using it. I wonder if they still have the same shower setup?

I feel I have shared too much.

Do you feel ashamed somewhat???......did you and my brother-in-law go to the same school??.....:spitlol:

Cam
09-03-2014, 12:16 PM
there's a limerick somewhere in here........:thinking:

GrTigers6
09-03-2014, 12:26 PM
WOW Somewhere this thread took a major turn. Oh wait Cam is posting on it. Nevermind!:D

Cam
09-03-2014, 01:06 PM
WOW Somewhere this thread took a major turn. Oh wait Cam is posting on it. Nevermind!:D

....look....all I know is Sam is going to take every inch of opportunity that's given to him and in return, he's going to give every inch he's got!!:eek:....give the man a chance I say.....

....but all kiddin' aside....Dallas needs help!....this dude was the SEC Defensive Player of the Year!......True, he's one dimensional and not the fastest guy...but aren't most DE's the same?.....this guy knows one thing, he can rush the passer!.....last time I looked, Dallas has no one who can.....I agree with the radio guys....he'll be on the 53 man roster before you know it!!....I'm rootin' for him....and, I no gay!!.....:D

bobcat1
09-03-2014, 01:09 PM
I've never been accused of political correctness.

bobcat1
09-03-2014, 01:11 PM
He passed the physical and is now a Cowboy. Will Smith cut from the practice squad to make room.Jada isn't going to be happy at all.

bobcat1
09-03-2014, 01:13 PM
....look....all I know is Sam is going to take every inch of opportunity that's given to him and in return, he's going to give every inch he's got!!:eek:....give the man a chance I say.....

....but all kiddin' aside....Dallas needs help!....this dude was the SEC Defensive Player of the Year!......True, he's one dimensional and not the fastest guy...but aren't most DE's the same?.....this guy knows one thing, he can rush the passer!.....last time I looked, Dallas has no one who can.....I agree with the radio guys....he'll be on the 53 man roster before you know it!!....I'm rootin' for him....and, I no gay!!.....:DIf he can just get by the tight end. :smoker:

pancho villa
09-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Michael Sam will "fit right in" with the Cowboys.

movethechain
09-03-2014, 02:13 PM
:thinking:...I have no earthly idea why:vrycnfsd:....but this thread just reminded me of a story my brother-in-law told me many years ago....While in the high school athletic showers, on a dare, he claims he took one of them big ol' ZEST soap bars, walked up behind an unsuspecting victim, and proceeded to shove up so far up his arse cheeks that when he let go, the dang soap bar "popped out" and fell to the shower floor....with some brown "stains" clearly visible on one of the corners of the bar!!.....:ack!::eek:..needless to say, that bar of soap stayed there a while!!..NO one would get near it!.....TMI for sure!!.....to this day, I have no idea why my sister married that guy!!.....but I guess they did raise a fine family...one's a dentist..the other is a physicians assistant.....IDK....maybe I should tell them this story about their daddy!!!.........:vrycnfsd:

I'm guessing Daddy turned out to be a Proctologist.

Cam
09-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Michael Sam will "fit right in" with the Cowboys.

well look who decided to show up!!.......you and tarponfan still feudin'??.....:D

Cam
09-03-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm guessing Daddy turned out to be a Proctologist.

no....although he can be quite anal....he ended up a teacher!.....:doh:.......and shouldn't it be called Analogist instead?.....English very Confucius!....

Proctologist: "Did you see the game last night?"
Jim: "No, did we beat them?"
Proctologist: "We didn't just beat em, we rectum!"

lostaussie
09-03-2014, 03:16 PM
This thread has taken on a life of its on. Its in a dark, dark place :doh:

bobcat1
09-03-2014, 03:31 PM
This thread has taken on a life of its on. Its in a dark, dark place :doh:LMAO :fnypost:

Cam
09-03-2014, 04:10 PM
This thread has taken on a life of its on. Its in a dark, dark place :doh:

....with some possible diverticulosis too!!.....

Cam
09-03-2014, 04:13 PM
....why is everybody being so anal on this thread???......:crazy1::doh:

bobcat1
09-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Here is one for you Cam. I wonder what Jerry meant when he said he is a tweener? What is he tween? And what are his chances of converting to tight end?

cougartino
09-03-2014, 04:34 PM
I got two warnings from the moderator on dallascowboys.com. I wrote back that I didn't give a shiggidy (paraphase) and hate fornicating (paraphrase) way Jerry has turned my beloved Cowboys into a circus.

Eagle 1
09-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Well he should fit right in, because the Cowboys are going to really suck this year. LOL

cougartino
09-03-2014, 09:32 PM
I posted this on Facebook:

While you all are celebrating the fact a gay player is on a practice squad (and he's not the only gay player in the NFL), fans who know football understand he's too undersized to beat NFL tackles on a consistent basis, and too slow for outside LB or safety. I think he would have been better served going to Canada for a year or two, working on his quickness and agility to be better suited for the pro game. At this juncture, he's still a project. He needs a consistent amount of reps and playing time, but he won't get that on a practice squad. The Cowboys defense was pathetic already. A cut 7th rounder on practice squad won't change that. Again I understand folks' celebration, but as Cowboys fan who wants to win, from a talent standpoint, Sam is not even on the same level as prior Cowboys DL, Shante Carver, Kavika Pittman, Kevin Brooks, Danny Noonan, and Rhondy Weston.

And,

Jerry doesn't care about Sam. He couldn't get Manziel so to "keep the Cowboys relevant" he signs the next highly publicized player. He can now $ell more jerseys and tickets. And what's the top story tonight on ESPN and NFLN? Hmmm.

D'Highlander
09-04-2014, 05:35 AM
The Cowboys will not sell a Michael Sam jersey.

Txbroadcaster
09-04-2014, 06:42 AM
I posted this on Facebook:

While you all are celebrating the fact a gay player is on a practice squad (and he's not the only gay player in the NFL), fans who know football understand he's too undersized to beat NFL tackles on a consistent basis, and too slow for outside LB or safety. I think he would have been better served going to Canada for a year or two, working on his quickness and agility to be better suited for the pro game. At this juncture, he's still a project. He needs a consistent amount of reps and playing time, but he won't get that on a practice squad. The Cowboys defense was pathetic already. A cut 7th rounder on practice squad won't change that. Again I understand folks' celebration, but as Cowboys fan who wants to win, from a talent standpoint, Sam is not even on the same level as prior Cowboys DL, Shante Carver, Kavika Pittman, Kevin Brooks, Danny Noonan, and Rhondy Weston.

And,

Jerry doesn't care about Sam. He couldn't get Manziel so to "keep the Cowboys relevant" he signs the next highly publicized player. He can now $ell more jerseys and tickets. And what's the top story tonight on ESPN and NFLN? Hmmm.

Or maybe just maybe a team with defensive issues especially in the front 7 is bringing in someone they want to see if can eventually help with that issue...and to compare him to past player who were 1st round picks is crazy...No one is saying he will start and be good, but PS is for roster churning and that is what they are doing.

BB BULLS
09-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Sam is a joke there is no way he should be in the NFL. that is why he came out before the draft to draw attention to himself. i bet Cam could beat him off the ball

pancho villa
09-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Michael Sam is not the first gay Cowboy. Troy Aikman was openly GAY!

buckeyebob
09-04-2014, 08:35 AM
....with some possible diverticulosis too!!.....

I think I had that once...got it in Reynosa...like to have never got rid of it

buckeyebob
09-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Michael Sam is not the first gay Cowboy. Troy Aikman was openly GAY!

Take it back...that is a lie...not Troy

cougartino
09-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Or maybe just maybe a team with defensive issues especially in the front 7 is bringing in someone they want to see if can eventually help with that issue...and to compare him to past player who were 1st round picks is crazy...No one is saying he will start and be good, but PS is for roster churning and that is what they are doing.

I made the comparison because those guys were high round busts. The Cowboys are counting on a cut 7th rounder on the practice squad who does not have the talent of any of those guys. It's more about how far the Cowboys have fallen (thanks to "GM" Jerry).

Cam
09-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Sam is a joke there is no way he should be in the NFL. that is why he came out before the draft to draw attention to himself. i bet Cam could beat him off the ball

hmmm....."beat him off the ball".....I'm just not sure how to interpret that BB!.......but I'll go with it.......:D......

Cam
09-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Here is one for you Cam. I wonder what Jerry meant when he said he is a tweener? What is he tween? And what are his chances of converting to tight end?

bobcat, not exactly sure what ol' Jerry meant.....I think Mr. Jones is just trying to divert attention from his recent photos with the babes to be honest....My guess is soon we'll see a pic of Jerry posing with Sam with their hands on each others butt cheeks!.....that'll get Mrs. Jones even more confused and frustrated about her man!.....Jerry's just hoping it'll be enough to distract her and keep her in line....
To answer your other questions: I'd imagine Sam is tween some butt cheeks on occasion......IDK......Absolutely no chance of going to a tight end when he's already a loose end!.....Sam's first boyfriend, a dude named Jadarius Rucker Goldstein, made sure of that!.......why did I even respond to this thread???....ay ya yay ya yay la chingada!......:doh:

orange machine
09-04-2014, 04:31 PM
The world we live in is so sick and vile! It's ridiculous that a gay man is getting g this much attention for being gay, I don't get it. Has there ever been so much hype about a 7th round draft pick who was drafted then, cut then picked up by another team? 3 words "Sodom and Gamorrah"=America's same fate!

region4fan
09-04-2014, 05:04 PM
The media eats this stuff up.

cougartino
09-05-2014, 09:09 AM
The world we live in is so sick and vile! It's ridiculous that a gay man is getting g this much attention for being gay, I don't get it. Has there ever been so much hype about a 7th round draft pick who was drafted then, cut then picked up by another team? 3 words "Sodom and Gamorrah"=America's same fate!

Signs of the times.

Farmersfan
09-05-2014, 10:57 AM

I'm suggesting that perhaps God is more tolerant now than he was during the destruction of Sodom and Gamorrah! After all, he did allow his priests to rape over 10,000 children in this country alone without showing up! I can't imagine he would bring his wrath now because of Michael Sam........................:hand::dispntd:

D'Highlander
09-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Really FF? :rolleyes:

Cam
09-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Really FF? :rolleyes:

....holy crap!...this thread is still going??......who started this anyways??....:crazy1:

icu812
09-05-2014, 12:36 PM
I'm suggesting that perhaps God is more tolerant now than he was during the destruction of Sodom and Gamorrah! After all, he did allow his priests to rape over 10,000 children in this country alone without showing up! I can't imagine he would bring his wrath now because of Michael Sam........................:hand::dispntd:

Can't tell if your being serious but:

1) God's character is unchanging, He is not tolerant but He is forgiving
2) those priests allowed themselves to sin - its called free will

On topic, its been reported the NFL made some phones calls to make sure Sam found a job. JJ likes the attention of the media.

icu812
09-05-2014, 12:42 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/04/report-nfl-officials-asked-teams-to-consider-signing-michael-sam-to-practice-squad/

greendawg84
09-05-2014, 01:40 PM

Nope I had nothing to do with that ..... way TMI :taunt:

Farmersfan
09-05-2014, 02:05 PM

The God Character is ever changing icu812! Nothing in human existence is subjected to more debate and argument than that very subject. But it is nice that you have it figured out.

God does and has interfered with Free Will in scripture in order to accomplish his goals. That is a very, very lame way to justify Gods inactivity in protecting children he is supported to love.

lostaussie
09-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Well this won't last much longer:D

D'Highlander
09-05-2014, 02:45 PM

the minority coming in and crashing the party... ruining it for everyone else...

greendawg84
09-05-2014, 02:49 PM

Always one in the bunch as they say .... made for some funny reading while it was here .

Cam
09-05-2014, 03:15 PM
...I'm just wonderin' if any Cowboy is gonna try my brother-in-laws ZEST soap trick on this guy??......:eek:

Cam
09-05-2014, 03:19 PM
I just heard Cowboy management has ordered signs be put up in the locker rooms & showers......the signs will read, "MEAT GAZIN' PROHIBITED"......my question is, how is poor little 5'6" Cole Beasley going to be able to avoid this??.....

icu812
09-05-2014, 03:30 PM
The God Character is ever changing icu812! Nothing in human existence is subjected to more debate and argument than that very subject. But it is nice that you have it figured out.

I see what you did there. Your the character not God :-) Yep its nice.

God does and has interfered with Free Will in scripture in order to accomplish his goals. That is a very, very lame way to justify Gods inactivity in protecting children he is supported to love.

Why does God allow this? or that? Christians to be slaughtered or some reporter to have his head cut off? We are living in a depraved world in which evil is very real. There is no such thing as innocent suffering after the fall of man. As far as love goes, God loved Job and look what happened to him.

Your right this subject can and will be debated and argued over until the end of time. Farmersfan, I enjoy a lot of your posts, however, this isn't the time or place for this subject so I'm done.

Cam
09-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Dangit I ain't done!....

Cut by the Rams now Michael is back,
Cowboys wishing he'll provide them with sacks,
Will he stay focused and chase quarterbacks?,
Fears linger will Sam gaze at butt cracks?,
And avoid touching Romo's tiny nut sacks!.............:doh:

.....that's it....I'm outta here.....Go Dawgs!.....Burnet Bulldogs that is!.....Wylie coming to town to kick our arses!!!......

cougartino
09-05-2014, 03:44 PM

On topic, its been reported the NFL made some phones calls to make sure Sam found a job. JJ likes the attention of the media.

The last sentence of your post is what this is all about. The Hades with trying to win. In ol' JJ's eyes, just stay relevant.

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2014, 02:32 AM
I made the comparison because those guys were high round busts. The Cowboys are counting on a cut 7th rounder on the practice squad who does not have the talent of any of those guys. It's more about how far the Cowboys have fallen (thanks to "GM" Jerry).

How are they counting on him? He is on the PS..nothing more right now..where alot of 7th rounders go. He is simply a practice guy.

cougartino
09-06-2014, 09:27 AM
How are they counting on him? He is on the PS..nothing more right now..where alot of 7th rounders go. He is simply a practice guy.

I don't know if you read or post on dallascowboys.com but some on there think Sam is the great hope to save the Cowboys defense. You have the same questions/thoughts that I have, but if you went on their voicing those concerns, you'd be called "fair-weathered" and "troll" and anything but a fan. I'm a Cowboys fan since 71. But I got enough sense to know you can't win a gunfight with a butter knife. And don't get me started on the Johnny come lately fans on Facebook. The world clock will run out of time.

Tejastrue
09-06-2014, 11:27 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/04/report-nfl-officials-asked-teams-to-consider-signing-michael-sam-to-practice-squad/