PDA

View Full Version : The Hills Coaching delima..

EAGLETOWN
11-05-2003, 01:29 PM
OK I moved the discussion here so many of you want have to post on a page with that title. That is the best way I could put it. Here I'll move mine and eagle.eyes last posts here for all to get started with.

eagle.eyes:

I, like FBmania, am making this last post to an idiotic thread. I would like to start by saying to all the coach bashers if they remember the Larry Hope regime? Nope....didn't think so! Probably never heard the name Jabo! Why, because you weren't here. You were still living in Baytown, North Shore, Channelview, Etc. or wherever you came from. Yes, that's right with most of you....I know most and see and hear you in the stands. I know who a lot of you are. And most of the trouble makers in BH came from these places. Some of you are pissed parents because your kids are not good enough to play. When Skidmore (who also has forgotten more about football than most people on this site think they know) is gone along with Byrd, you'll see. Of course you'll just be crying about someone else then.
Eagletown:

I Know Jabo well, I use to work under him. That is one of the reasons I changed jobs. Played under Hope remember that well also. I know the HILLS TRADITIION. Born and raised. I want to see it come back to us being the Odessa of 3A. There is several things in common with the Hope regime. One, most of his coaches were and are still teachers.(?) Heck most of the teachers we had for a long time were FORMER COACHES. We rarely made it past the first round.(?) Hope put us in the playoffs. Did he not. Sure coach Price has a good program and I am not saying fire the coach. Frankly I do not like it when we have to start over. Because our school board will probally not hire a proven winner again anyway just like McGalion and if I may Price. Price, now with the help of some tremendious talent is a sure fire winner in our District. WHOO HOOO. When McGalion came we had a chance at the man that help build the HILLS DYNASTY GENE SHARP. Look who we ended up with. Then Skidmore goes to Anahuac whips our tail and we bring him back. (?) I just think in the time he (Price) has been here the players now have been in his program long enough that they should be able to be more diverse with the offense. I don't know with the way it is now who that falls on Price or Skidmore. I am disapointed with the loss of Coach B. I think he is and was very good and will be dissapointed if our school board does something with the Coaches we have now and WE DO NOT GET BETTER FROM IT.

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: EAGLETOWN ]</small>

QB85
11-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Eagletown, check your pm

EAGLETOWN
11-05-2003, 03:59 PM
Hey QB85 check your pm.

hsfan
11-05-2003, 09:34 PM
how do you guys feel about the jv and fresh teams and some of the speed they will bring in future?from what i heard there will be alot of speed in all areas.

eagle08
11-06-2003, 12:08 AM
hsfan, the next couple of years should be very fun for the Hill. The 2004 and 2005 years, with 2005 being the best, will field the best teams the Hill has put on the field in a long time and that is saying something. I just hope the system (coaches, DC, OC) stays intact. I would hate to have to start over with a new system if we were to lose Byrd (33 years experience) and Skidmore (33 years experience and a state championship). There aren't too many schools who can start running the same defensive and offensive schemes, as the varsity, starting from the seventh grade on. The Hill manages to do this with great coaches and tremendous offseason programs. This is not the time to mess up a good thing. This year we are 8-2, or will be after Friday night and there are people complaining. All I can say is be patient the Hill's time is coming.

pgamgt1982
11-06-2003, 02:55 AM
It will not be next year, not with the returning starters Liberty has after this year's state title run. lol

Peace

<small>[ November 06, 2003, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: pgamgt1982 ]</small>

FBmania
11-06-2003, 06:29 AM
pgamgt1982:
It will not be next year, not with the returning starters Liberty has after this year's state title run. lol

PeaceYou might want to finish this year before you start crowing about next year.
:D

EAGLETOWN
11-06-2003, 08:07 AM
hsfan, the next couple of years should be very fun for the Hill. The 2004 and 2005 years, with 2005 being the best, will field the best teams the Hill has put on the field in a long time and that is saying something. I just hope the system (coaches, DC, OC) stays intact. I would hate to have to start over with a new system if we were to lose Byrd (33 years experience) and Skidmore (33 years experience and a state championship). There aren't too many schools who can start running the same defensive and offensive schemes, as the varsity, starting from the seventh grade on. The Hill manages to do this with great coaches and tremendous offseason programs. This is not the time to mess up a good thing. This year we are 8-2, or will be after Friday night and there are people complaining. All I can say is be patient the Hill's time is coming. Yeah and when the 1999, and 2000 crew was coming up we said the same thing. Granted they lossed and few key players in the loss of Matt H to Lee and Mikey S to the knee injurys before the season. But I still say we will once again be disappointed with the out come of the 2004, and 2005 seasons. Not the players. We, I will never be disappointed with them. These kids play their hearts out every play every week. But the teams outcome if some changes are not made and our offense does not become more diverse, and efficient and not so predictable.

eagle08
11-06-2003, 10:26 AM
Eagletown, isn't that the way it works when a team loses you blame it on the coaching. When a team wins it is because the team had all the talent in the world.

spike
11-06-2003, 11:22 AM
To be totally honest, the best chance of a title is coming up with the freshman class. No losses in football now for three years in a row after today. Those kids are the real deal and are a good bunch of kids who are very talented also.

Not to say that the other classes don't have talent, but that group is overall from top to bottom the ones that the majority of the staff has been waiting for to hit the varsity level for years.

Price is/was a successful coach before he came to the Hill and along with the combined efforts of the staff and the kids willingness to sell out to the program they have built a good place for the kids to play.

That is the key to continued success. When the staff stays there and there is consistency for the kids.

eagle08
11-06-2003, 11:29 AM
I agree with you spike. The freshman class is the main class I am talking about. The 2005 season will be their junior year and they should be great. Their senior year will be good to, but I look for the Hill to be 4A that year. Evenso they will still be a great football team. The Hill's time is coming.

RBARKER
11-06-2003, 07:42 PM
EAGLETOWN:

hsfan, the next couple of years should be very fun for the Hill. The 2004 and 2005 years, with 2005 being the best, will field the best teams the Hill has put on the field in a long time and that is saying something. I just hope the system (coaches, DC, OC) stays intact. I would hate to have to start over with a new system if we were to lose Byrd (33 years experience) and Skidmore (33 years experience and a state championship). There aren't too many schools who can start running the same defensive and offensive schemes, as the varsity, starting from the seventh grade on. The Hill manages to do this with great coaches and tremendous offseason programs. This is not the time to mess up a good thing. This year we are 8-2, or will be after Friday night and there are people complaining. All I can say is be patient the Hill's time is coming. Yeah and when the 1999, and 2000 crew was coming up we said the same thing. Granted they lossed and few key players in the loss of Matt H to Lee and Mikey S to the knee injurys before the season. But I still say we will once again be disappointed with the out come of the 2004, and 2005 seasons. Not the players. We, I will never be disappointed with them. These kids play their hearts out every play every week. But the teams outcome if some changes are not made and our offense does not become more diverse, and efficient and not so predictable.Eagletown you are correct!we thought the same thing about the 1999,2000 crew had all the talent in the world but were terribly out coached in the playoffs. I respect our coaching staff they are a great group of guys but something has to change if BH is to get a title run one day. I also agree that it would suck to have to start all over with a new coaching staff with the talented freshman class coming up. So there is the Delima will the coaches make the necissary changes to compete in the playoffs or will another talented class pass through BH quietly. I hope that it all comes together in 2005 and BH can stretch their legs in the playoffs before they become 4A. Goodluck to BH in the playoffs and against that Tough Tarkington Team :D

<small>[ November 06, 2003, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: RBARKER ]</small>

hsfan
11-07-2003, 03:34 PM
the fresh team ran a lot 2 back sets last nite and seemed to mix it up a litte.the coaches like these guys because they have alot speed.some of the guys mite be moved to other pos. next year.