PDA

View Full Version : David Ash substains concussion in game against North Texas

Scoop27
09-01-2014, 04:12 PM
http://coachingsearch.247sports.com/Article/Charlie-Strong-reacts-to-losing-starting-quarterback-30774839

Roughneck93
09-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Time for him to call it a career....

Snotbubbles
09-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Time for him to call it a career....

Hope so. But, Swoopes can't do it either. Hell, LaGrange's Logan Vinklarek or Heard is a better option then Swoopes IMO.

Ash stunk when healthy. So, I hope he considers his health, and hangs it up.

Roughneck93
09-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Hope so. But, Swoopes can't do it either. Hell, LaGrange's Logan Vinklarek or Heard is a better option then Swoopes IMO.

Ash stunk when healthy. So, I hope he considers his health, and hangs it up.

I agree, I'm not sold on Swoopes either. Time will tell, but damn, starting center gone as well. This might get ugly real quick.

I feel bad for Ash, he needs to do the smart thing and call it quits.

Saggy Aggie
09-01-2014, 06:25 PM
I bet you guys Texas gets blown out by BYU

hookandladder
09-02-2014, 06:58 AM
I really feel for Ash and hope he recovers, have to admitt if he were my son he would be done with football. These days you just cannot take those chances with your future, the game is played at such a high level of contact. Definitely a big blow to the team with also losing Dom (starting center) however the offense never really looked good overall against NT, I feel Swoopes with bring an added demention to the offense but will need to make the correct reads when needed. Time will tell.

caleb_mccaig
09-02-2014, 09:00 AM
I really feel for Ash and hope he recovers, have to admitt if he were my son he would be done with football. These days you just cannot take those chances with your future, the game is played at such a high level of contact. Definitely a big blow to the team with also losing Dom (starting center) however the offense never really looked good overall against NT, I feel Swoopes with bring an added demention to the offense but will need to make the correct reads when needed. Time will tell.

I agree with everything you said, but "demention".....really? lol.

Autocorrect gets me every time too! haha.

Rabid Cougar
09-02-2014, 10:11 AM
however the offense never really looked good overall against NT,.

Think it might have had something to do with the Mean Green Defense?

hookandladder
09-02-2014, 10:50 AM
I agree with everything you said, but "demention".....really? lol.

Autocorrect gets me every time too! haha.

Yea that was bad, dimension. My 8th grade education failed me, lol.

hookandladder
09-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Think it might have had something to do with the Mean Green Defense?

They did stack the LOS however their offense was pretty terrible, they did however collect a nice paycheck.

Saggy Aggie
09-03-2014, 08:50 PM
2 more linemen kicked off the team... Lol

Roughneck93
09-03-2014, 09:14 PM
2 more linemen kicked off the team... Lol

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/644/709/d4a.gif

Roughneck93
09-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Update....

Estelle and Harrison suspended only for the BYU game.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/03/report-charlie-strong-dismisses-a-pair-of-offensive-linemen/

Saggy Aggie
09-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Update....

Estelle and Harrison suspended only for the BYU game.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/03/report-charlie-strong-dismisses-a-pair-of-offensive-linemen/

I still stick with my prediction of a BYU blowout win lol

Saggy Aggie
09-04-2014, 09:04 AM
I bet the players are loving this nazi regime going on in Austin.

Snotbubbles
09-04-2014, 09:17 AM
I bet the players are loving this nazi regime going on in Austin.

Imagine him at A&M. Manzel would of not won Heisman, cause he would of never been eligible to play a game with his actions he did.:smoker: LOL.

Keep it up Strong.

regaleagle
09-06-2014, 05:57 PM
I'm hearing from a devout Gator fan that is a friend of mine from the Tampa area that Muschamp will most likely be replaced at the end of this season and the job will be offered to Charlie Strong. Florida is his alma mater, and supposedly he will accept if offered. You can bet the money will be commensurate. So anyways....he says Strong will do what he said he will do at Texas....clean up the mess and return the program to discipline. Take it for what it's worth.....could just be some hopeful BS from a Fla. Gator fan. Muschamp hasn't exactly fulfilled what the Gator faithful had hoped for so far.

Rabid Cougar
09-07-2014, 09:22 AM
I'm hearing from a devout Gator fan that is a friend of mine from the Tampa area that Muschamp will most likely be replaced at the end of this season and the job will be offered to Charlie Strong. Florida is his alma mater, and supposedly he will accept if offered. You can bet the money will be commensurate. So anyways....he says Strong will do what he said he will do at Texas....clean up the mess and return the program to discipline. Take it for what it's worth.....could just be some hopeful BS from a Fla. Gator fan. Muschamp hasn't exactly fulfilled what the Gator faithful had hoped for so far.

Florida cannot afford him now.

Macarthur
09-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Why would Florida want him?

Saggy Aggie
09-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Lol to bring in the nazi regime of course

Gen.Pat
09-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Charlie Strong a good coach and it will take time to correct 10 years of camp cupcake.

Poor David Ash needs to stop and preserve his long term health.

hookandladder
09-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Lol to bring in the nazi regime of course

Yes Sumlin does not care what you do, stealing and still playing without sitting any games. A true aggy code of honor, Lol.

Saggy Aggie
09-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Yes Sumlin does not care what you do, stealing and still playing without sitting any games. A true aggy code of honor, Lol.

lol sour grapes

hookandladder
09-08-2014, 07:19 AM
lol sour grapes

Saggy, tell us the aggy code of honor, do you know it. Lol

Saggy Aggie
09-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Lol I guess it would help if I knew who you were referring to

hookandladder
09-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Lol I guess it would help if I knew who you were referring to

Take your pick, if you even know the aggy code of honor. You went there, right.

Rabid Cougar
09-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Take your pick, if you even know the aggy code of honor. You went there, right.

"Aggies does not lie, cheat or steal or tolerate those who do". Now do you know the Longhorn code of honor? You went there, didn't you?

Roughneck93
09-08-2014, 04:45 PM
No surprise here, Ash sidelined indefinitely....

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/08/texas-faces-uphill-battle-as-qb-ash-is-sidelined-indefinitely-with-concussion/

1st and goal
09-08-2014, 05:10 PM
"Aggies does not lie, cheat or steal or tolerate those who do". Now do you know the Longhorn code of honor? You went there, didn't you?

But aside from that, the UT new code of honor is spelled C-H-A-R-L-I-E S-T-R-O-N-G. Does not matter what the rest of the honor code is.

I will let hooky answer if he wants.

hookandladder
09-08-2014, 06:30 PM

No I did not go there but my money goes there , just making a point of the aggy code of honor is not worth the paper it is wrote. Got it Jack, as Si would say. Why have a code of honor , just say we play to win at all cost.

hookandladder
09-08-2014, 06:32 PM

But aside from that, the UT new code of honor is spelled C-H-A-R-L-I-E S-T-R-O-N-G. Does not matter what the rest of the honor code is.

I will let hooky answer if he wants.

No code, just core values. Very simple but some people do not understand them, so yes they must leave and yes I agree 100 percent with Coach Strong.

Saggy Aggie
09-08-2014, 07:26 PM

lmao...

Saggy Aggie
09-08-2014, 07:27 PM
No code, just core values. Very simple but some people do not understand them, so yes they must leave and yes I agree 100 percent with Coach Strong.

Lol, Texas brings in a nazi to run the show and now the whole univesity is full of boy scouts and A&M the thug school.

At least our qb didnt watch as a girl got raped

hookandladder
09-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Lol, Texas brings in a nazi to run the show and now the whole univesity is full of boy scouts and A&M the thug school.

At least our qb didnt watch as a girl got raped

Saggy aggy, that was before Strong. Just like the last time Texas and atm met, we all know what happened at atm stadium. Sorry but you brought up the past, LOl.

hookandladder
09-08-2014, 07:52 PM
lmao...

Whatever lmao stands for, some ******* stuff I guess. So did you go there saggy or are you a t shirt fan with an aggy name, just keeping it real.

Saggy Aggie
09-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Whatever lmao stands for, some ******* stuff I guess. So did you go there saggy or are you a t shirt fan with an aggy name, just keeping it real.

You don't know what lmao stands for????

And yes... I went to school there, unlike the Texas fans on this board. In fact, I went there before A&M was the cool school. My freshman year was the year we blew about a half dozen halftime leads. I've taken my share if lumps and heard plenty of crap from the longhorn faithful. I'm dishing it out just like I always have, I just have more Ammo these days

Saggy Aggie
09-09-2014, 09:43 AM
So did you go there saggy or are you a t shirt fan with an aggy name, just keeping it real.

LOL, still laughing at this one. H&L thought I was a t-shirt fan...

Cam
09-09-2014, 01:44 PM

man, what am I missin' over here....good stuff going on!....:1popcorn:.....anyways, heck yeah hook....that Saggy is as edu-macated as they come!....that boy knows his math!...some sort of hotshot engineer I hear......oh, I think lmao stands for "laughing my ass off"....but I've heard others.....like, "loving my ass only", or "like my ass or not?", or "look my ass over".....to name a few.....carry on....

Saggy Aggie
09-09-2014, 05:41 PM
man, what am I missin' over here....good stuff going on!....:1popcorn:.....anyways, heck yeah hook....that Saggy is as edu-macated as they come!....that boy knows his math!...some sort of hotshot engineer I hear......oh, I think lmao stands for "laughing my ass off"....but I've heard others.....like, "loving my ass only", or "like my ass or not?", or "look my ass over".....to name a few.....carry on....

"look my ass over".... LOL

1st and goal
09-10-2014, 01:57 PM
In fact, I went there before A&M was the cool school.

A&M has been cool for a lot longer than you think.

From the outside looking in, you can't understand it.
From the inside looking out, I can't explain it.

New Taiton
09-10-2014, 02:35 PM

Looks like the hookanddumber from September 2012 through September 2013 is back in full swing now that it's been proven that Texas still sucks and Texas A&M doesn't....

Hook - in light of your agreement with Coach Strong and his "core values", I'd like to hear your opinion on the Patrick Grant case in Louisville.

Patrick Grant is the kid who was attacked by teammates in the locker room at Louisville. He sustained a career ending eye injury during the melee. He was instructed to say he hit his eye "horsing" around, supposedly in an effort to keep from suspending some or all of the attackers. Coach Strong promised to honor his scholarship but didn't. Does this violate the core value of "honesty"?

I'm looking forward to what you think. Thanks!

New Taiton
09-10-2014, 02:40 PM

Hey Hook - quick question.

What are your thoughts are Michael Dyer being admitted to play for Louisville after being kicked out of Auburn for failing his drug test. He then tranferred to Arkansas State where he ws dimissed before he played a single down for the same reason. Then, he was pulled over for going 26mph over the posted speed limit and was carrying a pistol and a bag of weed. Why would Coach Strong offer this kid a position on the roster knowing that he's violated 40% of the core values?

I'm looking forward to it. Thanks!

hookandladder
09-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Looks like the hookanddumber from September 2012 through September 2013 is back in full swing now that it's been proven that Texas still sucks and Texas A&M doesn't....

Hook - in light of your agreement with Coach Strong and his "core values", I'd like to hear your opinion on the Patrick Grant case in Louisville.

Patrick Grant is the kid who was attacked by teammates in the locker room at Louisville. He sustained a career ending eye injury during the melee. He was instructed to say he hit his eye "horsing" around, supposedly in an effort to keep from suspending some or all of the attackers. Coach Strong promised to honor his scholarship but didn't. Does this violate the core value of "honesty"?

NT, I am betting this is what you read through the media and really have no inside source what actually happened. Honestly I do not know what Strong did before he came to Texas, the past does not really matter as to what he is trying to do at Texas now. Texas along with many schools have major issues within their program, I could give a ratts ass what he did before now as long as he cleans the mess up at Texas. You can think what you want, you opinion means nothing. When the media was dogging Manziel, most all aggy fans denied everything and now when the media reports bad news on Texas you beleive every word. Sounds about right for an aggy, Lol

New Taiton
09-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Honestly I do not know what Strong did before he came to Texas, the past does not really matter as to what he is trying to do at Texas now.

The past absolutely does matter. Texas would not have hired him without his past successes at Louisville and Florida, etc. If some of his past actions got him his current job, how can we omit some of his other actions? The Pat Grant deal is still in litigation, but there's no denying the Michael Dyer saga. Does Coach Strong bend his core values if the violater is a good player? Surely not, right?

When the media was dogging Manziel, most all aggy fans denied everything and now when the media reports bad news on Texas you beleive every word. Sounds about right for an aggy, Lol

Pooooor hook - don't turn this back around on us stoooopid aggieieys and your head-deamon John Manziel.

Is it not a fact that Dyer was arrested on gun charges, failed drug tests, and was kicked out of two other schools only to find a new home in Louisville?

New Taiton
09-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Here's another media report I'll give you so that you can deny:

Did Coach Strong pull strings to keep Kennedy Estelle and Desmond Harrison enrolled at UT? Was it because they were starters and he knew how young the backups were?

hookandladder
09-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Here's another media report I'll give you so that you can deny:

Did Coach Strong pull strings to keep Kennedy Estelle and Desmond Harrison enrolled at UT? Was it because they were starters and he knew how young the backups were?

Again there is your ignorance with beleiving the media, did you see his press confernece when he was directly asked this question. So you are saying he flat out lied to the media and fans, damn you know everything. Lol

hookandladder
09-10-2014, 03:39 PM

Now why you got to go name calling, are you in 5th grade. I know that must like a graduate at New tation, Lol.

New Taiton
09-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Again there is your ignorance with beleiving the media, did you see his press confernece when he was directly asked this question. So you are saying he flat out lied to the media and fans, damn you know everything. Lol

He was flat out asked but he sure did dance around the question until he was forced to comment on it in which he mumbled gibberish before saying he doesn't have to talk to anyone about suspensions.

Any other thoughts on the Michael Dyer case? Or are you cool with him being a hypocrite this time?

New Taiton
09-10-2014, 03:46 PM
I know that must like a graduate at New tation, Lol.

LOL at your ironic typo.

hookandladder
09-10-2014, 03:54 PM
He was flat out asked but he sure did dance around the question until he was forced to comment on it in which he mumbled gibberish before saying he doesn't have to talk to anyone about suspensions.

Any other thoughts on the Michael Dyer case? Or are you cool with him being a hypocrite this time?

You sure are butthurt with Texas hiring Strong, it's ok your aggys are doing good right now. Got a couple more tough games in the next two weeks, Lol.

Saggy Aggie
09-10-2014, 04:09 PM
LOL.... H&L, time to go home. You just got schooled.

Saggy Aggie
09-10-2014, 04:12 PM
A&M has been cool for a lot longer than you think.

From the outside looking in, you can't understand it.
From the inside looking out, I can't explain it.
C'mon man.... We all know A&M has always been cool to the bald headed corp dorks running around on campus but it wasn't the premier school in Texas until sumlin and Johnny came along.

The last 3 years, A&M has picked up incredible recruits and as many bandwagon fans as you can imagine. Things are WAY different now for A&M than they used to be just a few years ago.

hookandladder
09-10-2014, 04:16 PM
LOL.... H&L, time to go home. You just got schooled.

Saggy baggy shows up, you a major Troll. Lol

1st and goal
09-10-2014, 04:24 PM
C'mon man.... We all know A&M has always been cool to the bald headed corp dorks running around on campus but it wasn't the premier school in Texas until sumlin and Johnny came along.

The last 3 years, A&M has picked up incredible recruits and as many bandwagon fans as you can imagine. Things are WAY different now for A&M than they used to be just a few years ago.

I think there is about 100,000 Aggies at least that would beg to differ with you. 20 years from now, you will understand the real meaning of cool.

If I'm reading your thinking right, I will admit that the football team is WAAAAYTOOOCOOOOL for some years now. But believe me, there have been many of cool years in the program prior.

Rabid Cougar
09-10-2014, 04:25 PM
All coaches think they can fix "what's wrong". They all have their favorite "projects".

New Taiton
09-10-2014, 04:26 PM
You sure are butthurt with Texas hiring Strong, it's ok your aggys are doing good right now.

I'm butthurt Texas hired Strong? Wrong. I'm elated Texas hired Strong. He's stumbled and mumbled and fumbled his way through that program since he was hired from pulling schoolarships to sending mail to coaches that haven't been at a district in several years to running off half the team in an effort to buy more time. Typically, when a team hires a new coach, there is a quasi-spark in recruiting, etc. However, after Strong was announced, their recruiting class fell apart and he's been unable to regain his feet.

I would've hated for Texas to hire Art Briles, Jim Mora, or Nick Saban, or the Harbaughs or whoever they made a run at but failed to hire. I couldn't be more happy for Texas and their choice of Charlie Strong. Texas fans sound just like us aggies did when we went through the Francione years. L. O. L.

Got a couple more tough games in the next two weeks, Lol.

You're right. Then on with the 5th most difficult schedule in the country. Lol.

Rabid Cougar
09-10-2014, 04:28 PM

Please see 1984 through 1994 > Sherrill and Slocum years.

New Taiton
09-10-2014, 04:31 PM
By the way, Hook - are you intentionally not sharing with us your opinions about Coach Strong and Michael Dyer, or do you just concede the point?

Thanks.

Saggy Aggie
09-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Please see 1984 through 1994 > Sherrill and Slocum years.

Eh, before my time, so I wouldn't know.

For the majority of my life, a&am was the butt of every joke. Only recently has that changed

Roughneck93
09-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Coach Strong announces David Ash is giving up football due to injury.

Roughneck93
09-17-2014, 06:50 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/17/david-ash-retires-from-football-ut-loses-dt-to-season-ending-injury/