PDA

View Full Version : Is Burnet done crying finally?

Matthew328
11-25-2003, 10:09 AM
I was just curious...I've NEVER seen more crying about the locale of a game than what I have seen from the Burnet fans..contrary to what some Burnet fans think...the world of high school football doesn't revolve around Burnet, TX....If Sinton doesn't want to agree to a neutral site it is their perrogative to do so...they likely feel flipping home and home gives them the best chance to win....so that is what their Supt. did...when you do that of course you run the risk of having that backfire on you..ie Perryton in 2001 against Everman..they lost the flip and had to drive about 8 hours to play Everman...so it works both ways...sack up, enjoy the trip to Corpus and play the game...and quit cryin..it is ridiculous

BigChamp05
11-25-2003, 10:14 AM
Its about giving your team the best chance to win. Its like us and Falfurrias last year in baseball. We flipped one game or three, and they one the toss and picked one. We lost that one, so it worked out in there favor. There own coach said that was the only chance they had in winning was to play one game. He was right.

Matthew328
11-25-2003, 10:18 AM
You are right..the job of the coaches and even administartors in Sinton is to give their team the best chance to win..by opting home and home that is what they are doing..

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2003, 10:20 AM
Good to see you here, Matt. Have you heard back about your next meeting?

MARLINFAN
11-25-2003, 10:22 AM
Well i see where burnet is coming from 240 miles to 29 miles. burnet as least has to go 210 mi farther.

just look at marlin and lg. were at war right now. coaches could not agree, school board could not agree so now it has went into the hands of the uil. decision will me made today by 12:00

BigChamp05
11-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Well, i dont' even know what happened and how all of this started. But i've just read a couple posts, and it seems to me that everybody is jumping on Burnet's butts. They are unhappy about the travel, which is understandable. When they post that, giving their opinion, everybody and their mother jumped on their back. Maybe i didn't read everything though.

mwisnews
11-25-2003, 10:34 AM
Last year it was a neutral site from 120 miles from Sinton to San Marcos while it was 90 miles from Burnet to San Marcos. This year it is a big difference of course. That is what we are not happy about.

Matthew328
11-25-2003, 10:51 AM
It's called life....sometimes the breaks don't always go your way...Sinton excersised the option they had and it paid off...I am quite sure if Burnet won the toss and Sinton was complaining Burnet would see what everyone is talking about..unfortunatley when you view the world through green colored glasses your views can be somewhat altered..

super88
11-25-2003, 10:53 AM
The only thing this does is motivate our guy's more because, we know that Sinton is not the team they were last year. Burnet is not going to stop until they hit 100. Because, there was no negotiating at all with there coach and administration, which will just back fire on Sinton.

Matthew328
11-25-2003, 10:57 AM
Geez, posts like that is what makes people really dislike Burnet...I am sure Coach Shipley has more class than that to intentionally run up the score...anyone in the know...or who knows anything about high school football, knows that Sinton is a BIG underdog...and when you are a big underdog you do WHATEVER you can to give yourself an advantage...and Sinton did that...

Burnet '94
11-25-2003, 11:09 AM
Matt, I don't think the outcome(us playing in cc) is the problem. It's the way Sinton has handled this entire situation. They have been very smug and disrespectful to Coach Shipley and the admin. There is a way of getting what you want without treating people like crap.

On Friday, we'll return the favor. Poor sinton.

BulldogGrl64
11-25-2003, 11:33 AM
Matthew328:
Geez, posts like that is what makes people really dislike Burnet...I am sure Coach Shipley has more class than that to intentionally run up the score...anyone in the know...or who knows anything about high school football, knows that Sinton is a BIG underdog...and when you are a big underdog you do WHATEVER you can to give yourself an advantage...and Sinton did that...I could not agree with you more, Sinton is the big underdog and they are just looking for a way to try and give themselves any type of advantage that they possibly can. But there is nothing that can be done about the date/time/location now because it has already been decided and finalized. All we can do is wait until friday and watch two teams play for their chance to advance to the next round. The battle should take place on the field between the guys, so lets leave it that way. Although it may seem unfair for Burnet to have to drive down to CC, that's the way it has to be. So lets just focus on the game and not all the technicalities behind it. I unfortunately will not be able to make the game, but my best wishes go out to Burnet. Good luck Bulldogs!

Phil C
11-25-2003, 11:59 AM
I checked the mileage guide and it is 83.1 miles from San Marcos to Burnet and 136.4 miles from Sinton to San Marcos. Next year if the two teams meet and play in Waco it will be 263.9 miles from Sinton to Waco and 99.3 miles from Burnet to Waco.

Ranger Mom
11-25-2003, 12:03 PM
I had just posted this on another thread, but pulled it over here to go with Phil C.

Out of curiousity I went to Map Quest and found out that Greenwood traveled 327 miles to Daingerfield's 152 miles to play in Coppel. We were thrilled to do so!! The next week we traveled 382 miles to Bandera's 219 miles to play for State in Waco. We were ecstatic to that also.

It says Burnet to CC is 240.58 miles!

Wtx_coach
11-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Rangermom, they dont understand traveling until them move to west texas and try to keep up with high school football, hell i remeber like 3 years Pecos used to travel 220 miles every friday to go play in that el paso district!!
Good luck to the kids of Sinton and Burnet!!

Ranger Mom:
I had just posted this on another thread, but pulled it over here to go with Phil C.

Out of curiousity I went to Map Quest and found out that Greenwood traveled 327 miles to Daingerfield's 152 miles to play in Coppel. We were thrilled to do so!! The next week we traveled 382 miles to Bandera's 219 miles to play for State in Waco. We were ecstatic to that also.

It says Burnet to CC is 240.58 miles!

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Been there, done that in West Texas. Of course, several of our district games here are a heck of a long way as well.

bleedmaroon
11-25-2003, 12:24 PM
Super88 - how do you know there was no negotiation? I've heard there was, that neither side liked the other side's neutral site. Hence, under the rules you flip. As for hitting 100 pts, if you really feel that way, shows how smug and unsportsmanlike you are.

Burnet'94 - just because the Sinton coach and admin was not intimidated by Burnet and refused to grant their every wish that makes them smug and disrespectful? I find it hard to believe the Sinton coach and admin treated the Burnet coach and admin like crap, as you put it. I think they just stood their ground and for that you are blasting them. So inappropriate.

I could say more but I don't wish to anger the many fine Burnet fans out there. I have a lot of respect for the fans, the city, and the team. And IF Sinton loses on Friday, I still intend to support Burnet all the way to a state championship.

JCM
11-25-2003, 12:31 PM
For Burnet, the crying time is over. The dismantling time starts at 3:00 PM Firday. It could get ugly.

gochargers!!
11-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Show up & play...
http://www.cyberiapc.com/gallery/albums/userpics/cryingbaby.jpg

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: gochargers!! ]</small>

zippy
11-25-2003, 12:44 PM
Ok Folks...I think we've beat the preverbal dead horse to death. Sure I was upset initially, but HEY!! we can't change what's already been said or done.

Let's get over it and start getting the GAME on our minds instead of the LOCATION. We've all had a chance to let this sink in, so make your holiday plan changes, reserve a hotel room, and most importantly, GET READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL.

In retrospect, I can't blame the Sinton coaches for their selection. I have respected the Sinton town, organization and fans, and continue to do so.

"GET MAD, THEN GET OVER IT" :mad: :D :D

spiveyrat
11-25-2003, 12:47 PM
If Jasper and Burnet get the opportunity to play one another next week, I hear Jasper is pushing to play at the SuperDome in New Orleans! :D

Dawgystyle
11-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Obviously Matt doesn't know the whole story and I can assure you that though Burnet might not be real happy with the locale we are certainly not whining. When we come down with more people than Sinton has in there City limits the truth will be known. The issues are more about how unprofessional and not just unaccomodating Sinton has been. I can't divulge sources but Burnet Admin is not happy with Sinton Admin. Sinton admin has made it personal and left it to this message board to be fought out in words.
Ultimately UIL should all the sites for the playoffs and make them as close to halfway between the competing teams as possible and still have a quality venue. Heck, even the BCS and Superbowl are played on neutral sites.

44INAROW
11-25-2003, 12:57 PM
[ The issues are more about how unprofessional and not just unaccomodating Sinton has been. I can't divulge sources but Burnet Admin is not happy with Sinton Admin. Sinton admin has made it personal and left it to this message board to be fought out in words.
QUOTE]

HOLY MOLY, WHO SAID IT WAS SINTON'S (OR ANYONE ELSE'S FOR THAT MATTER) RESPONSIBILITY TO ACCOMODATE THE OTHER TEAMS WISHES.. YOU BURNET PEOPLE WHO ARE WHINING AND MOANING AND MAKING EXCUSES NEED TO LIGHTEN UP AND ENJOY THE GAME.

bigdawg8
11-25-2003, 01:02 PM
OK Sinton fans the only reason you guys wanted to play there is because you did't think our fans were going to drive that far well yall just wait because our fans support our team and we will go wherever our team plays.

ONE TEAM
ONE TOWN
ONE HEARTBEAT

bigdawg8
11-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Well just for everybody's information that would be our second string that went in the game and made it 70 points. Coach Shipley didnt intentionally run the score up. You cant do anything when you run the ball all the time and get in the endzone what do you want us to do just not move at all?????????

Dawgystyle
11-25-2003, 01:08 PM
Do people really still us HOLY MOLY? Of course in my haste to send a reply to this topic I utilized words that could be twisted. Burnet does not want or need accomodating. I am sure that if Sinton had a big enough stadium they would have chosen to play there. Last year, when Burnet picked San Marcos to play it was the best available stadium. Can some one think of a better, more centrally located stadium for this game. I can assure you that location is the least of the issues with this game. Burnet Fans will gladly travel, on the Friday after Thanksgiving (gee, I wonder who picked that day) and watch Burnet creatively pick apart anything Sinton has to offer on Offense or Defense. What was the Sinton/Wharton score?

bigdawg8
11-25-2003, 01:16 PM
I totally agree with you dawgystyle!!!!

Go Dawgs

Ray_BearKat
11-25-2003, 01:22 PM
I can't believe yall think that traveling to CC is not fair. Like someone else said,"just because your from Central Texas doesn't mean people should come to you!" You don't see people from the valley crying about playing in SA. For example:

Liberty vs Port Isabel @ Seguin
Liberty Hill is 98 miles from Seguin. Port Isabel is 312 miles from Seguin...do you hear any people from PI crying about the trip?

Another example in 4A:
Mission Sharyland vs New Braunfels Canyon @ SA
This one is even more lobsided NB is 43 miles from SA and Sharyland is 246 miles from SA but in our valley site none of them have complained about the about trip there excited to be playing.

Enough crying just be glad to be playing.

Owen B
11-25-2003, 01:27 PM
Dawgystyle:
...I can assure you that though Burnet might not be real happy with the locale we are certainly not whining.Several of your fans certainly are. Whining about Sinton choosing home-home, rather than neutral location, whining about distance, whining about the day, whining about the time of day, whining about not being able to buy reduced-price student section tickets for children that won't be sitting in that section, and so on.

Not one of those things are unusual in the playoffs. Lots of teams choose home-home. Lots of teams travel farther than Burnet will to CC. More than half of the teams still in the playoffs will be playing this Friday. Several playoff games are scheduled for Friday afternoon. Many playoff games won't have any reduced price tickets, for students or anyone else.

rholl
11-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Holy crap this is crazy...If I remember correctly...last yrs Championship game was in San Antonio...so Everman fans basically had to drive THRU Burnet to get to the game.....but its a playoff game and thats the breaks!!! I just hope Burnet doesn't lose a game on their way to the title...I don't think this website will be big enough!!!!!!!

PAINTBALL
11-25-2003, 01:41 PM
This was pretty much over with until you brought it back up. I guess you're bored since Everman got beat. :D

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

PAINTBALL
11-25-2003, 01:42 PM
<small>[ November 25, 2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

dog92
11-25-2003, 01:44 PM
It don't matter where this one is played. It is going to get ugly. Sinton has probably traveled throught the weakest draw in the state thus far.

rholl
11-25-2003, 01:49 PM
actually just back to the board since this weekend...so I'm just chiming in. No not bored...getting ready to lace up the basketball sneakers and try for a repeat title there!!! I'm guessing you were trying to bait me into something else...but no dice...we take the loss and roll on!!!!

SintonFan
11-25-2003, 01:50 PM
PAINTBALL:
This was pretty much over with until you brought it back up. I guess you're bored since Everman got beat. :D Gonna love to see you eat crow. But when it comes to you, eating crow is alot better than the stuff that comes out of it. :rolleyes: :p

poncho
11-25-2003, 01:51 PM
This topic is like a wild FIRE, everytime it dies down and the Burnet,Sinton fans start to talk football. Somebody starts it up again. Am I the only one tired of this??? Let's move on. :cool:

Buccaneer
11-25-2003, 01:55 PM
bigdawg8
Scrub
Member # 4062

posted November 25, 2003 12:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK Sinton fans the only reason you guys wanted to play there is because you did't think our fans were going to drive that far well yall just wait because our fans support our team and we will go wherever our team plays.

ONE TEAM
ONE TOWN
ONE HEARTBEAT

bigdawg,
It was a simple fact that the Sinton coach did not want to play Burnet indoors or on turf! Can you blame him? You play to win the game! Burnet would not agree to our choice of neutral site of Seguin. I heard Coach Shipley picked the day & time. I don't think any thought went into your fan base!

Polysemous13
11-25-2003, 02:01 PM
I think their are some supernatural forces at work here. I have been looking into it and I think I have found something. Someone in Burnet has used a gypsy to get "jekhipe"--which literally means "oneness". Instead of putting a curse on Sinton they have tried to unite their own team. This seems right out of a paramitsha. Is their perhaps a new ofisa (fortune telling establishment) in the area?

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Polysemous13 ]</small>

GOFOR2
11-25-2003, 02:12 PM
Dawgystyle:
Burnet Fans will gladly travel, on the Friday after Thanksgiving (gee, I wonder who picked that day). Your coach picked that day.
Sinton wanted Saturday so you could have some travel time. Blame your coach for that call.

GOFOR2
11-25-2003, 02:17 PM
bigdawg8:
Do you really believe that, or is that what you have been spoon-fed up in the hill country?
Is that why Bridge City and Everman decided to play Sinton in College Station back in 2001? Sinton still had around 4500 people show up to the game. Get a clue and get over yourself. It is not about the world against Burnet like you may think. It is about Sinton wanting the best chance to win.

Rabbit'93
11-25-2003, 02:19 PM
Yes it is the world vs Burnet. but i tend to think Burnet would win. I mean who in the world is gonna stop 'em. hehehe :D wink :p

bleedmaroon
11-25-2003, 02:29 PM
It's been said, but I'm going to repeat, maybe it will finally sink in, but I doubt it. The two schools could not agree on a site. For some reason there are a few of you Burnet fans who feel like Sinton should have just given in and said sure, we'll do whatever you want. Have you few Burnet fans become that spoiled that you feel you are entitled to anything exactly the way you want it? It seems Sinton made a counter-offer for another neutral site. You don't see Sinton fans complaining about how unaccomodating, classless, and uncooperative that Burnet school did not accept the counteroffer. A few Burnet fans made this an attack on the Sinton coach and the Sinton administration because it didn't turn out the way they wanted it. Grow up, life rarely happens the way you want it. And some of the very things you are complaining about your administration agreed to. Maybe I should check CNN and ESPN to see if they have camera crews watching Burnet fans picketing and rioting outside the Burnet school district's administration offices. But then again, maybe not, because I'm sure it's not happening. BOTTOM LINE: A few of you didn't get what you wanted so you've made it a personal attack against Sinton by trying to find someone blame.

sinton66
11-25-2003, 02:59 PM
Well, Matthew, I guess you got your initial question answered.

Bandera YaYa
11-25-2003, 03:21 PM
HOLY MOLY!!! Yes, I said it, too. I can't believe all this hype because some people don't like the location....(Whistle!!) (Flag thrown!!)
Penalty given..."UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT" !!
eek! eek! eek!

You posters from Sinton, just ignore SOME of these Burnet posters on here......they have disgraced themselves, their community and their team. Shame on them, I would have expected better from them. Sure makes me not feel the same way about Burnet....and I know it's not everyone that's whinning on here....but that's "football playoffs" people....and Burnet, you have to roll with the punches, just like everyone else, you are not more special than anyone else still in the playoffs...and if you think you are, then have the players prove it on the field, not on here! That said, I do wish both teams all the best and may ALL enjoy a glorious day of football!!

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2003, 03:29 PM
Way to go, Ya Ya. Hey, if you don't have any plans for Saturday, you could come to Seguin & root for us. We'd love to have you! :D

dawgmeister
11-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Bring on the game! Welcome to week 13, Sinton! We don't care where we have to drive, play, eat, or sleep. We just wanna' get down to the nitty gritty!
All this griping and complaining is laughable! Let the performances on the field speak for themselves. You'd better enjoy the play-offs while you can! We're comin' to play ball; not have a pitty party! GO DAWGS!! We're ready! :cool:

PAINTBALL
11-25-2003, 04:34 PM
Bandera YaYa:
HOLY MOLY!!! Yes, I said it, too. I can't believe all this hype because some people don't like the location....(Whistle!!) (Flag thrown!!)
eek! eek! eek!

You posters from Sinton, just ignore SOME of these Burnet posters on here......they have disgraced themselves, their community and their team. Shame on them, I would have expected better from them. Sure makes me not feel the same way about Burnet....and I know it's not everyone that's whinning on here....but that's "football playoffs" people....and Burnet, you have to roll with the punches, just like everyone else, you are not more special than anyone else still in the playoffs...and if you think you are, then have the players prove it on the field, not on here! That said, I do wish both teams all the best and may ALL enjoy a glorious day of football!!LoL YaYa you have never supported Burnet. You have wanted Burnet to get beat from week one. What people say on some stupid discussion board doesn't disgrace their town. We in Burnet know what type of community we have. We are a very close community and we stand behind each other through thick or thin. The regulars on this board think they are all great friends and some even attack the posters from their own town in favor of another regular poster from the other town. I have been as guilty as the rest. I wish I knew some of these people's real names so I could apologize in person. Our friends are our neighbors in our community. Not these out of town posters on this board. :p :p :p :p

3afan2K3
11-25-2003, 04:56 PM
Didnt Everman have to travel over 400 miles to SA last year to play Burnet???? Thats about a 4 hour drive for Everman and about a 1 1/2 hour for Burnet

Phil C
11-25-2003, 05:05 PM
No 3A Everman only had to drive about 260 while Burnet drove about 96 miles. A good half way point would have been Waco then both sides would have only had about an hour and a half drive.

20dawgz05
11-25-2003, 05:07 PM
well im not crying about it!!!!..... i want to go to corpus its fun....thanx for the invite sinton!!!!....Oh and my dad said it is just so they wont have to drive so far after they lose!!! :p

3afan2K3
11-25-2003, 05:11 PM
Phil C:
No 3A Everman only had to drive about 260 while Burnet drove about 96 miles. A good half way point would have been Waco then both sides would have only had about an hour and a half drive.But they didnt. Everman had to drive for 4 hours while Burnet only had to drive for about 1 hour

olddog73
11-25-2003, 05:30 PM
PAINTBALL:

Bandera YaYa:
eek! eek! eek!

You posters from Sinton, just ignore SOME of these Burnet posters on here......they have disgraced themselves, their community and their team. Shame on them, I would have expected better from them. Sure makes me not feel the same way about Burnet....and I know it's not everyone that's whinning on here....but that's "football playoffs" people....and Burnet, you have to roll with the punches, just like everyone else, you are not more special than anyone else still in the playoffs...and if you think you are, then have the players prove it on the field, not on here! That said, I do wish both teams all the best and may ALL enjoy a glorious day of football!!LoL YaYa you have never supported Burnet. You have wanted Burnet to get beat from week one. What people say on some stupid discussion board doesn't disgrace their town. We in Burnet know what type of community we have. We are a very close community and we stand behind each other through thick or thin. The regulars on this board think they are all great friends and some even attack the posters from their own town in favor of another regular poster from the other town. I have been as guilty as the rest. I wish I knew some of these people's real names so I could apologize in person. Our friends are our neighbors in our community. Not these out of town posters on this board. :p :p :p :p Paintball, I will go after some one from Burnet in a second if I think they are shinning a bad light on Burnet and making a butt out of themselves. I know who you are and I know all about you. heck, I might even be one of your customers from time to time. But I have to say, I am really surprised at the way you have conducted yourself since over something that is really not a big deal.
Some of us live in a world that is bigger than just Burnet. I have many friends out side of Burnet as well as in Burnet. There are good people every where. One can never have too many "friends". Ive seen some of these same people that you are running down support our town and our team. I am very proud of our town and our community and I think the way you conduct yourself on this site does reflect on us. Yes, I wish things had worked out differently and we had played in San Antonio, but they didn't. And knowing you as I do, I know that if you were in Sintons position as the underdog to a very tough team, you would do everything you could to give your team any advantage or chance possible, and if all you had at your disposal was the ability to make your opponant travel a great distance without some of their fan base, you would do it in a minute. You do it in your profession all the time. Its called stratagy. Ive seen you win cases with it.

I think that the true victor is the one that can defete his opponent but still gain their respect at the same time. I think our boys have done a very good job of this, and it really pi**es me off to see any adult take that away from them.

For all of you that don't know Paintball, let me say this, he is a good person who contributes to the community and to the youth of our area. He has donated much time to youth sports and other worthey causes in our community. This thing has just gotten to be a burr under his saddle and hes had trouble letting it go.

PAINTBALL
11-25-2003, 05:32 PM
olddog73:

PAINTBALL:

Bandera YaYa:
eek! eek! eek!

You posters from Sinton, just ignore SOME of these Burnet posters on here......they have disgraced themselves, their community and their team. Shame on them, I would have expected better from them. Sure makes me not feel the same way about Burnet....and I know it's not everyone that's whinning on here....but that's "football playoffs" people....and Burnet, you have to roll with the punches, just like everyone else, you are not more special than anyone else still in the playoffs...and if you think you are, then have the players prove it on the field, not on here! That said, I do wish both teams all the best and may ALL enjoy a glorious day of football!!LoL YaYa you have never supported Burnet. You have wanted Burnet to get beat from week one. What people say on some stupid discussion board doesn't disgrace their town. We in Burnet know what type of community we have. We are a very close community and we stand behind each other through thick or thin. The regulars on this board think they are all great friends and some even attack the posters from their own town in favor of another regular poster from the other town. I have been as guilty as the rest. I wish I knew some of these people's real names so I could apologize in person. Our friends are our neighbors in our community. Not these out of town posters on this board. :p :p :p :p Paintball, I will go after some one from Burnet in a second if I think they are shinning a bad light on Burnet and making a butt out of themselves. I know who you are and I know all about you. heck, I might even be one of your customers from time to time. But I have to say, I am really surprised at the way you have conducted yourself since over something that is really not a big deal.
Some of us live in a world that is bigger than just Burnet. I have many friends out side of Burnet as well as in Burnet. There are good people every where. One can never have too many "friends". Ive seen some of these same people that you are running down support our town and our team. I am very proud of our town and our community and I think the way you conduct yourself on this site does reflect on us. Yes, I wish things had worked out differently and we had played in San Antonio, but they didn't. And knowing you as I do, I know that if you were in Sintons position as the underdog to a very tough team, you would do everything you could to give your team any advantage or chance possible, and if all you had at your disposal was the ability to make your opponant travel a great distance without some of their fan base, you would do it in a minute. You do it in your profession all the time. Its called stratagy. Ive seen you win cases with it.

I think that the true victor is the one that can defete his opponent but still gain their respect at the same time. I think our boys have done a very good job of this, and it really pi**es me off to see any adult take that away from them.

For all of you that don't know Paintball, let me say this, he is a good person who contributes to the community and to the youth of our area. He has donated much time to youth sports and other worthey causes in our community. This thing has just gotten to be a burr under his saddle and hes had trouble letting it go.Old Dog 73 don't take this junk so seriously. Nothing anyone says on a stupid discussion board refects against their community. Actions speak a lot louder then words. Remember, your friends are the people in Burnet, not these guys from these other towns who claim to support Burnet. I'm going to rephrase an old School college song to reflect my feelings about Burnet and the other Burnet posters that you have been lecturing.Here goes:

"I'd rather be a Burnet Bulldog and be a so and so, then be from any other school a rolling in gold. I rather be a plain old Bulldog and this is no lie. I'll always be a Bulldog till the day that I die. I'm true to the colors of Green and White, if they win or lose or if they're WRONG OR RIGHT. But if they lose, old pal, you'll always hear me say. Let's go out tonight and drink our cares away. I rather be on a road trip no dime to my name, then have my picture hanging in the hall of fame. I'd rather be a plain old Bulldog and this is no lie. I'll always be a Bulldog till the day that I die."

Don't take this stuff so seriously. Lighten up and have fun. :D

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

BHS#1
11-25-2003, 05:42 PM
3afan2K3:
Didnt Everman have to travel over 400 miles to SA last year to play Burnet???? Thats about a 4 hour drive for Everman and about a 1 1/2 hour for BurnetEverman and Burnet wanted to play in an indoor stadium!! I don't see what bearing it has in the case they BOTH AGREED to play there!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Burnet Dawg06
11-25-2003, 05:52 PM
3afan2K3:

Phil C:
No 3A Everman only had to drive about 260 while Burnet drove about 96 miles. A good half way point would have been Waco then both sides would have only had about an hour and a half drive.But they didnt. Everman had to drive for 4 hours while Burnet only had to drive for about 1 hourWow I didn't know that we could get to San Antonio in the same amount of time it takes to get to Austin.

Bongo
11-25-2003, 06:06 PM
The statemet "Nothing anyone says on a stupid discussion board refects against their community" is pretty dumb. Words have meaning. And if you are coaching kids you should understand that words do have meaning and can have an tremendous positive or negative impact upon them.

So Matthew I guess you got your answer, obviously it's NO.

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2003, 06:19 PM
Bongo, you are so right. In addition, many of the people on this board are kids and are learning from their elders.

3afan
11-25-2003, 06:27 PM
PAINTBALL:
Don't take this stuff so seriously. Lighten up and have fun. :D boy, you're one to talk - why the about face?

29x281
11-25-2003, 06:47 PM
Looking back through the thread, I really don't see what PAINTBALL has said that makes him a "disgrace" to his community.

He's disagreed with most of you. Basically that's about all. Does that make him a disgrace? Or is it that you equate dissent with disgrace? We do live in America.

Allow the man to disagree with you. It's OK.

bulldogman
11-25-2003, 06:50 PM
Yes there is plenty of whining going on from Burnet posters on this site. Probably me included. But think about it. We will bring our crying towels friday and personally deliver them to you. You will need them. Burnet wins big.

bleedmaroon
11-25-2003, 07:36 PM
I wish people would quit saying the reason Sinton wanted to get Burnet to Corpus was to reduce their fan base. That is not totally incorrect. The reason was to get the team to unfamiliar surroundings. It is certainly unfortunate that some people will not be able to make the game because they must work on Friday. I'm sure there will be people from Sinton (only 30 miles away) who will miss the game on Friday because Burnet wanted to play on Friday yet Sinton wanted to play on Saturday.

sinton66
11-25-2003, 07:48 PM
29x281:
Looking back through the thread, I really don't see what PAINTBALL has said that makes him a "disgrace" to his community.

He's disagreed with most of you. Basically that's about all. Does that make him a disgrace? Or is it that you equate dissent with disgrace? We do live in America.

Allow the man to disagree with you. It's OK.heh, heh, kin to him are ya?

PAINTBALL
11-25-2003, 08:02 PM
sinton66:

29x281:

Allow the man to disagree with you. It's OK.heh, heh, kin to him are ya?http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Words/Other_Words/Friends.gif
LoL Just good friends along with most of these other guys from Burnet.
:D :D :D :D

sinfan75
11-25-2003, 10:14 PM
20dawgz05:
well im not crying about it!!!!..... i want to go to corpus its fun....thanx for the invite sinton!!!!....Oh and my dad said it is just so they wont have to drive so far after they lose!!! :p No,actually it's so we won't have far to go to have a beer at our favorite waterin holes!! :D :D :D

sinfan75
11-25-2003, 10:21 PM
If it makes some of you Burnet people feel better I was hopin the would be played in SA or SM.I don't mind drivin.Hell I'd even liked Waco.I like drivin in that area.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2003, 10:21 PM
bulldogman:
Yes there is plenty of whining going on from Burnet posters on this site. Probably me included. But think about it. We will bring our crying towels friday and personally deliver them to you. You will need them. Burnet wins big.Need Them for what? win or lose we dont cry in the stands, we show our spirit for our team having given us fans the joy of coming together as a community. if any crying it will be the players who it will be there last high school game they will ever play. So dont make it sound like crying for these kids is a bad thing.

Hottogo
11-25-2003, 10:47 PM
OK, Paintball lets try to put this in terms that you, an attorney will understand;

You the attorney (coach) are faceing the toughest trial (game) of the year. You are defending a client that, based on all the physical evidence appears to be guilty. (your team is the definate underdog in this upcomming game and based on stats, record, ect. appears to have very little chance of a victory) You have very few options available to you to win this case. (As a coach you have very few options available to you to win this game)

Through research you find that the prosecuter has made a mistake, filed papers wrong, ect., or what ever. It appears that your only option is to use the mistake you found to try to get your guy off on a technicality.

(your only option as a coach is try to make your opponent travel as far as possible and play in your own back yard in hopes that the home field advantage will give your team any kind of edge)

As an attorney do you use everything available to you, in this case maybe the only thing available to you, to win the case for your client?

(As a coach, do you use everything available to you to try to get any kind of an edge you can in order to win the game?)

Understand, I am not attacking you in anyway with this post, Im just trying to put this in terms you might be able to relate to.

Now give an honest answer to what you the attorney would do in this case and then try to relate that to the decision that the Sinton coach made.

Its my opinion that this has gotten totally out of hand and, sorry, it does reflect in a bad way on our community. Lets try to set a little better example for the young people who visit this site. Its really all about them anyway.

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Hottogo ]</small>

GOFOR2
11-25-2003, 10:58 PM
Hottogo:
OK, Paintball lets try to put this in terms that you, an attorney will understand;

You the attorney (coach) are faceing the toughest trial (game) of the year. You are defending a client that, based on all the physical evidence appears to be guilty. (your team is the definate underdog in this upcomming game and based on stats, record, ect. appears to have very little chance of a victory) You have very few options available to you to win this case. (As a coach you have very few options available to you to win this game)

Through research you find that the prosecuter has made a mistake, filed papers wrong, ect., or what ever. It appears that your only option is to use the mistake you found to try to get your guy off on a technicality.

(your only option as a coach is try to make your opponent travel as far as possible and play in your own back yard in hopes that the home field advantage will give your team any kind of edge)

As an attorney do you use everything available to you, in this case maybe the only thing available to you, to win the case for your client?

(As a coach, do you use everything available to you to try to get any kind of an edge you can in order to win the game?)

Understand, I am not attacking you in anyway with this post, Im just trying to put this in terms you might be able to relate to.

Now give an honest answer to what you the attorney would do in this case and then try to relate that to the decision that the Sinton coach made.

Its my opinion that this has gotten totally out of hand and, sorry, it does reflect in a bad way on our community. Lets try to set a little better example for the young people who visit this site. Its really all about them anyway.Could not have said it any better myself Dan Morales.

GOFOR2
11-25-2003, 10:58 PM
GOFOR2:

Hottogo:

Its my opinion that this has gotten totally out of hand and, sorry, it does reflect in a bad way on our community. Lets try to set a little better example for the young people who visit this site. Its really all about them anyway.Could not have said it any better myself Dan Morales.You know I was just kidding about the Dan Morales thing.

Hottogo
11-25-2003, 11:13 PM
Sorry Dan Morales doesnt have anything to do with this. This has nothing to do with integridy, Paintball's integridy is unquestionable. This is about stragedy. Yes, I know you were just kidding though.

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Hottogo ]</small>

PAINTBALL
11-25-2003, 11:29 PM
Hottogo that was a well thought out post and very amusing, but like too many posters on this board you give what people say on this board too much credit. You, like too many others care what people from other towns think of you. In truth, a lot of these people who claim to be Burnet fans have been wanting us to lose since week one. My true friends are my neighbors from Burnet, not these posters from other towns. If my administrators say the Sinton coach acted like a jerk then I am going to support them. Sinton 66 has been on every Burnet poster who has supported our admistration since Sunday. I'm not going to support him over my friends just because he's been on here a long time. That's just my take. Thanks for taking up for my integrity.

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

Hottogo
11-25-2003, 11:59 PM
PAINTBALL:
Hottogo that was a well thought out post and very amusing, but like too many posters on this board you give what people say on this board too much credit. You, like too many others care what people from other towns think of you. In truth, a lot of these people who claim to be Burnet fans have been wanting us to lose since week one. My true friends are my neighbors from Burnet, not these posters from other towns. If my administrators say the Sinton coach acted like a jerk then I am going to support them. Sinton 66 has been on every Burnet poster who has supported our admistration since Sunday. I'm not going to support him over my friends just because he's been on here a long time. That's just my take. Thanks for taking up for my integrity.Your welcome, but you didnt answer my question.

bleedmaroon
11-26-2003, 12:03 AM
The Sinton coach is a jerk because he was not afraid to stand up to Burnet administration and do what was right for his team? Another distorted view of the world. Jeez!!

Dawgystyle
11-26-2003, 12:10 AM
Hopefully to help give this thing a rest. Heard from good sources that Coach Shipley is the one who wanted to play on Friday so as not to break up the whole long weekend. I figure it also gives the boys one extra day of rest for the next game. (Too presumptuous?, I doubt it). I am not really sure about the whole distance thing. Most coaches realize that that is part of the playoffs. I believe that the issues with Admin vs Admin problems is Sinton Admin's attitude. I am not sure what went south in the meeting but knowing the Burnet Administrators, they don't have a tendency to blow things out of preportion(sp). In the long run it just doesn't matter. Bob will have his boys ready to play and as I said in an earlier post...They will creatively dissect anything Sinton has to offer on Offense or Defense and move on to next week. Oh yea, I also asked the score of Sinton v Wharton.

Hottogo
11-26-2003, 12:14 AM
PAINTBALL:
Hottogo that was a well thought out post and very amusing, but like too many posters on this board you give what people say on this board too much credit. You, like too many others care what people from other towns think of you. In truth, a lot of these people who claim to be Burnet fans have been wanting us to lose since week one. My true friends are my neighbors from Burnet, not these posters from other towns. If my administrators say the Sinton coach acted like a jerk then I am going to support them. Sinton 66 has been on every Burnet poster who has supported our admistration since Sunday. I'm not going to support him over my friends just because he's been on here a long time. That's just my take. Thanks for taking up for my integrity.Your welcome, but you didnt answer my question. And of course I care what others from other parts of the state think about my school and my community. I believe our Chamber of Commerce and local business do also. And as far as everyone else wanting to see Burnet lose, that goes with any team in the #1 spot. The guy on top has to come down for others to advance. Usually after teams fall out, their fans continue to support the teams from their district, region or just their favorite team still in the playoffs. Last year we had lots of supporters from other areas including Sinton. Where do you come off thinking no one else outside Burnet matters. You live in a very small world if thats the way you feel. I promise Ive been in Burnet a lot longer than you and I care. Its called common curtesey. Its something some of us in Burnet still believe is important. I would still like an answer to my original question, and be honest, Im familiar with some of your past cases.

sinton66
11-26-2003, 12:17 AM
Sinton vs Wharton is and always has been 0 to 0. As far as I know, they have never played each other.

bleedmaroon
11-26-2003, 12:17 AM
Too presumptuous on his part? Nah, I don't think so. It was the smart call for your coach to make. You have to play the odds, I'm sure he feels he's got a good chance to win this game and would like that extra day for the next game.

GlenRosePoster
11-26-2003, 12:20 AM
As a good man once said, "BOO-FRIKKITY-WHO, CRY ME A FRIKKIN RIO GRANDE". If Burnet's fans and players are near as good as they claim to be then they shouldnt care where the game is played.
Don't get me wrong though,Burnet is probably as good as they say they are.

Hottogo
11-26-2003, 12:25 AM
GlenRosePoster:
As a good man once said, "BOO-FRIKKITY-WHO, CRY ME A FRIKKIN RIO GRANDE". If Burnet's fans and players are near as good as they claim to be then they shouldnt care where the game is played.
Don't get me wrong though,Burnet is probably as good as they say they are.Weeee dont care where we play!

PAINTBALL
11-26-2003, 12:41 AM
If you want legal advice HOTTOGO, set up an appointment and I will give it to you at my standard hourly rate. :D :D :D

As far as what is said on this board, actions speak a lot louder then words. I have seen the people come together in our community for those in need time and time again. I know what type of community we live in and so do you. Don't worry about these people who are just looking for reasons to make fun of us at every turn. If you try to make a good comment about something , someone makes fun. If you make fun someone gets mad. If you support your town, someone bashes you. It's just a dicussion board for goodness sake, not the Chamber of Commerce. Now be nice. If you want to carry on this conversation with me, you can P.M., tell me who you are(Although I think I already know) and I will be glad to discuss football with you, as well as a coaches obligations. :p :p

Football GOD
11-26-2003, 12:48 AM
WOW :confused:

j_dog
11-26-2003, 12:48 AM
spiveyrat:
If Jasper and Burnet get the opportunity to play one another next week, I hear Jasper is pushing to play at the SuperDome in New Orleans! :D And if I understand this business correctly, it will be Jasper's turn to pick. That is, didn't they lose the toss last year, (including other things such as their xxx and yyy)? :D If Jasper wins this week I surely hope we don't have to go through this same routine. :rolleyes: How about playing the game (if it comes about) in Newton? That way, it would still be in Texas. :p

SintonFan
11-26-2003, 03:38 AM
PAINTBALL:
If you want legal advice HOTTOGO, set up an appointment and I will give it to you at my standard hourly rate. :D :D :D

As far as what is said on this board, actions speak a lot louder then words. I have seen the people come together in our community for those in need time and time again. I know what type of community we live in and so do you. Don't worry about these people who are just looking for reasons to make fun of us at every turn. If you try to make a good comment about something , someone makes fun. If you make fun someone gets mad. If you support your town, someone bashes you. It's just a dicussion board for goodness sake, not the Chamber of Commerce. Now be nice. If you want to carry on this conversation with me, you can P.M., tell me who you are(Although I think I already know) and I will be glad to discuss football with you, as well as a coaches obligations. :p :p .
Paintball, you've got some nerve! You for the most part kept this thing going! Now you try to smooth it out among your townspeople??????
Wow! eek!
I see one person who is worried about what others are seeing around you. It is you.
I made fun of your 'dog' last night.
BTW, folks...
This paintball 'turned' me in to Angelfire last night because I had the best of him. I took his little piZZing dog and used on him(on this board defending Ranger MOM and others) and he claimed to my site's administrators that what I did was abuse! I'm still fighting it! :mad: It seems that some here who were defending their town (Sinton) justly, can't get an apology from someone like your hometown laywer PAINTBALL! Of course, in his local, 'my world is the only important world', I am GOD to Burnet self-proclaimed title he goes away with a clean bill of health????????????
DO YOU NOT REALIZE THE HARM THIS FOOL HAS CAUSED BETWEEN OUR TOWNS??????????????
It's important to me! Many of us have made friendships! Why in the HECK would any of us want to meet?!?!?!?!?!?!
It's not important what is said here...of course.
Really. A wink and it all goes away...
He will still not apologize for accusations against our town and community(CC does the seating, NOT SINTON!)!!!!!!!!!!!!
The game IS fun, but this is almost personal...
You would not have acted the way you did PAINTBALL if all this was JUST a discussion board...
I call your bluff. It's too bad you're trying to call one on your own town... eek!
Hottogo, spaniard, Chris, CTF, olddog and so many others...
I am so sorry. Many of us have a nice friendship and have tried to set this guy straight. I begin to wonder if he says who he is...

<small>[ November 26, 2003, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

3afan
11-26-2003, 07:26 AM
i'm still baffled why PAINTBALL has done a 180 ... did he actrually go back and read some of his own posts? or did he just see the light? or was his true identity revaled and now he's trying to save face? just curious ....

<small>[ November 26, 2003, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2003, 07:47 AM
3afan, I don't believe Paintball has made a 180. Opinions are like behinds - everybody's got one. I believe that his opinion - and has not changed - (correct me if I'm wrong PB) is that Sinton admin's were wrong, etc in the location of the game. Of course, what he considers wrong for Burnet may be best for Sinton. It is not really a matter of wrong or right - Sinton won the coin toss. Paintball does not care about posters from other towns - only about the Burnet folks. He's said that in numerous posts. When he told Hottogo to be nice, he's telling her to be nice to him - she is from Burnet.

Paintball, I have wished someone you are close to good luck and prayed for no injuries. That is still the case. If you choose not to consider folks on here from other towns your friends, so be it. That is definitely your prerogative.

<small>[ November 26, 2003, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: LH Panther Mom ]</small>

bleedmaroon
11-26-2003, 08:22 AM
OK, I'm going to say this AT LEAST one more time, because I want to make sure everyone understands this. If the two teams cannot decide on a neutral site, the process mandates a coin toss. However, they do not flip, and then the winner gets to decide everything. Actually, as I understand it, and somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, each side must first agree to what "heads" means and what "tails" means. So for example, a hypothetical situation might be Team X says we want heads and if we win it'll be in sunny South Texas on Saturday afternoon and we get the light jerseys, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Then Team Y says no, we agree to all that but we want the game on Friday. Then Team X says OK. We're only half way there folks. Then Team Y says we take tails and if we win the game will be in cold, frigid North Texas on Friday, we want light uniforms, and so on. So, as I understand, each side knows exactly what the conditions are before the toin coss. If one side doesn't like it, they should have kept negotiating.

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2003, 09:29 AM
Bleedmaroon, I edited so it should be more accurate.

Football GOD
11-26-2003, 09:32 AM
CAN of WORMS,
COW PATTIES,
MUD SLINGING,
STRATEGIE?
SENSELESS?
WEIRD!!!
LET THE BOY'S PLAY BALL.
GO SUPPORT YOUR TEAM AND ENJOY THE MOMENT.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE STATE PLAYOFF TEAMS.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!
SUPPORTING THE FIGHTING PORT ISABEL TARPONS ALL THE WAY,FROM SOUTH TO NORTH AND EAST TO WEST.WE
TARPON BACKER'S WILL FOLLOW TO LEND SUPPORT
AND SOAK IN THE MEMORIES FOR GENERATIONS TO COME.

Hottogo
11-26-2003, 09:34 AM
LH Panther Mom, good luck to your guys this weekend. I would love to see one of your games. With my husband working around the weather, its all we can do to make ours sometimes. I am with you there in spirit though.

bleedmaroon
11-26-2003, 09:36 AM
Sorry to be such a stickler for detail, but with all the misinformation that has been kicked about in an attempt to bash Sinton, I have taken a week's vacation this week to monitor all posts and defend Sinton's honor.

:p Just kidding, I was going to take vacation anyway. But I wonder why I bother taking vacation, I almost always end up at work on vacation anyway.

FranksBullDog
11-26-2003, 10:39 AM
Its good to see Marlin LG. are not the only ones having trouble with where and when they play.Isee it as the two under dogs trying to find a way to even the playing field and i have no problem with that but you always have to remember theres a chance you may play the same team next year and have to pay up.I have no doubt Burnet will win the game anyway.Good luck to Burnet the MB are behind you.

PPHSfan
11-26-2003, 01:05 PM
Dawgystyle:
....Heck, even the BCS and Superbowl are played on neutral sites.Actually, the BCS and Superbowl sites are selected long before anyone knows who will be playing in them. And I can't remember the last time a Superbowl was played at what I would call a "Neutral" site. Is is almost always a lot "friendlier" of an area for one team or the other.

PAINTBALL
11-26-2003, 03:10 PM
SintonFan:

PAINTBALL:

As far as what is said on this board, actions speak a lot louder then words. I have seen the people come together in our community for those in need time and time again. I know what type of community we live in and so do you. Don't worry about these people who are just looking for reasons to make fun of us at every turn. If you try to make a good comment about something , someone makes fun. If you make fun someone gets mad. If you support your town, someone bashes you. It's just a dicussion board for goodness sake, not the Chamber of Commerce. Now be nice. If you want to carry on this conversation with me, you can P.M., tell me who you are(Although I think I already know) and I will be glad to discuss football with you, as well as a coaches obligations. :p :p .
Paintball, you've got some nerve! You for the most part kept this thing going! Now you try to smooth it out among your townspeople??????
Wow! eek!
I see one person who is worried about what others are seeing around you. It is you.
I made fun of your 'dog' last night.
BTW, folks...
This paintball 'turned' me in to Angelfire last night because I had the best of him. I took his little piZZing dog and used on him(on this board defending Ranger MOM and others) and he claimed to my site's administrators that what I did was abuse! I'm still fighting it! :mad: It seems that some here who were defending their town (Sinton) justly, can't get an apology from someone like your hometown laywer PAINTBALL! Of course, in his local, 'my world is the only important world', I am GOD to Burnet self-proclaimed title he goes away with a clean bill of health????????????
DO YOU NOT REALIZE THE HARM THIS FOOL HAS CAUSED BETWEEN OUR TOWNS??????????????
It's important to me! Many of us have made friendships! Why in the HECK would any of us want to meet?!?!?!?!?!?!
It's not important what is said here...of course.
Really. A wink and it all goes away...
He will still not apologize for accusations against our town and community(CC does the seating, NOT SINTON!)!!!!!!!!!!!!
The game IS fun, but this is almost personal...
You would not have acted the way you did PAINTBALL if all this was JUST a discussion board...
I call your bluff. It's too bad you're trying to call one on your own town... eek!
Hottogo, spaniard, Chris, CTF, olddog and so many others...
I am so sorry. Many of us have a nice friendship and have tried to set this guy straight. I begin to wonder if he says who he is...I never turned you in to anybody for any reason. I realize you Sinton fans don't need a reason to make stuff up or accuse people unjustly, but this is absud.

PAINTBALL
11-26-2003, 03:15 PM
LH Panther Mom:
3afan, I don't believe Paintball has made a 180. Opinions are like behinds - everybody's got one. I believe that his opinion - and has not changed - (correct me if I'm wrong PB) is that Sinton admin's were wrong, etc in the location of the game. Of course, what he considers wrong for Burnet may be best for Sinton. It is not really a matter of wrong or right - Sinton won the coin toss. Paintball does not care about posters from other towns - only about the Burnet folks. He's said that in numerous posts. When he told Hottogo to be nice, he's telling her to be nice to him - she is from Burnet.

Paintball, I have wished someone you are close to good luck and prayed for no injuries. That is still the case. If you choose not to consider folks on here from other towns your friends, so be it. That is definitely your prerogative.That was nice. Thank you. Good luck to Liberty Hill. I picked the Panthers by 14 by the way.

<small>[ November 26, 2003, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

Football GOD
11-27-2003, 12:54 PM
GOOD FOR YOU PAINTBALL(SNIFFING PAINT LATELY)
RIDICULOUS PREDICTION.IT WILL BE A HARD FOUGHT GAME FOR SURE.HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!
LET'S GO BLUE!!!
###################################

<small>[ November 27, 2003, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Football GOD ]</small>