hollywood
08-31-2014, 01:55 AM
https://806hssc.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/coooperrr.jpg

Smitty
08-31-2014, 11:53 AM
Nice!!!

hollywood
08-31-2014, 03:42 PM
This game will be a rematch of last seasons quarterfinals. Cooper fans travel well. I'm expecting a huge crowd anyway but even more that's it's a Thursday night and it'll be on ESPN!

refereedoc
08-31-2014, 04:38 PM
:2thumbsup. It should be a great atmosphere!

jason
08-31-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm expecting a huge crowd anyway but even more that's it's a Thursday night and it'll be on ESPN!

That will keep the crowd small.

hollywood
08-31-2014, 05:50 PM
That will keep the crowd small.

Recorders

db8coach
08-31-2014, 07:09 PM
I love high school football, but I personally think that ANY high school game (except maybe the State Finals games) that is televised is a bad idea. From what I hear from other teachers is that it seems to give the players and coaches an inflated sense of self importance.

refereedoc
08-31-2014, 07:22 PM
I love high school football, but I personally think that ANY high school game (except maybe the State Finals games) that is televised is a bad idea. From what I hear from other teachers is that it seems to give the players and coaches an inflated sense of self importance.

Evidently you don't know our coach or our kids.

db8coach
08-31-2014, 07:27 PM
Having taught for close to 20 years...I kinda have a feeling for "teens"...and I don't think that "yours" would be much different.

refereedoc
08-31-2014, 07:45 PM
Reread what I just said. I have taught for 20 years also. Joseph Gillespie is the most humble guy you will meet and he will not let that happen to our kids. The people In the community may get the big head, but not the kids.

tango
08-31-2014, 07:57 PM
Should be a great experience for both of these schools.

hollywood
08-31-2014, 08:05 PM
Should be a great experience for both of these schools.

:iagree:

Benchwarmer
09-01-2014, 06:00 AM
Reread what I just said. I have taught for 20 years also. Joseph Gillespie is the most humble guy you will meet and he will not let that happen to our kids. The people In the community may get the big head, but not the kids.

The whole coaching staff is a bunch of hard working humble men.

STUDMYSTRO
09-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Coach Gillespie simply will not allow for the TV crew or ESPN to go to the heads of his coaching staff or the young men that proudly wear the Yellow Jacket uniform. They will prepare for this battle like any other, and will take the field ready to go to war.

caleb_mccaig
09-02-2014, 08:54 AM

If I found out that our coach turned down the opportunity for us to play on ESPN and be a nationally televised game then I, and I think any other player, would think the coach and school weren't looking out for the player's best interests. It's a chance, for not only Stidham, but for all for all of the other players to possibly prove something and get noticed on the biggest stage.

My senior year (2008) football season there was a rumor going around that La Vega, who we had beaten in the quarterfinals the year before at Floyd Casey, wanted a rematch in week 0 at WISD stadium since we were no longer in the same district. From what I was told, he turned it down and there were a lot of the players who were not pleased. It wasn't ESPN, but it was a chance to play on a Thurs/Sat night and be the biggest game in the area. Every player wants to be on the big stage.

Snotbubbles
09-02-2014, 09:05 AM
From what I hear from other teachers is that it seems to give the players and coaches an inflated sense of self importance.

It's clear coach, you come from a different area of the state. Old school mindset. And, really know nothing much about football, and it's importance in the student/athlete development. I'm aware you coached at the junior high level for decades, and I thank you for getting them geared for the varsity experience. Maybe not after seeing this post? If either of these teams, and any other in the state failed to allow their athletes to experience this ESPN showcase on national TV, they failed them at what could be a once in a life time experience. It's something that 95% of athletes will never have a chance to do. Kudos to both these programs, and best wishes come Thursday night. I'll be watching.

Not sure, but---I also sense some jealousy from ya coach.

db8coach
09-03-2014, 11:25 PM
It's clear coach, you come from a different area of the state. Old school mindset. And, really know nothing much about football, and it's importance in the student/athlete development. I'm aware you coached at the junior high level for decades, and I thank you for getting them geared for the varsity experience. Maybe not after seeing this post? If either of these teams, and any other in the state failed to allow their athletes to experience this ESPN showcase on national TV, they failed them at what could be a once in a life time experience. It's something that 95% of athletes will never have a chance to do. Kudos to both these programs, and best wishes come Thursday night. I'll be watching.

Not sure, but---I also sense some jealousy from ya coach.

Where do ya'll get this Jr. High business? Ad Hominem attacks are a sign of lazy argumentation.

I also take umbrage at the suggestion that I "really know nothing much about football (no comma needed) and its(no apostrophe needed) importance in (should be to) the student/athlete development" As an educator for close to 20 years, my number one priority is to the students, some of who happen to play sports. Snotbubbles, and I might be making an erroneous accusation here, it is my feeling that you do not teach and do not know the pressures that the students, teachers and administrations of schools are under every day. What YOU see as a nationally televised opportunity, I see as undeserved pressure on a school. I dare say that you know little about the education system and the mind of the average teenage student.

No jealousy for me. Like I said, I prefer that high school football isn't televised (unless it is an important game like a State Championship game.) While a once in a lifetime opportunity, the students (and that is what they are, teenage students) do not deserve the focus and pressure that a nationally televised game brings. As well as the pressure placed on the teachers; who have to make sure that these STUDENTS, who should be focused on school, learn something in the week(s) leading up to the game. Not to mention the inflated sense of importance that SOME would feel being a part of such an event. Lest I neglect to mention the resentment felt by students that are not associated with the football program who could see this as focus on a program that eclipses everything else in the school.

Schools don't FAIL their students unless they FAIL to provide a high class education, of which, participation in a nationally televised game isn't listed in the Texas Essential Knowledge Skills.

This isn't limited to football, I feel the same way about all events that a high school student participates in, be it band, speech, theater, choir.....Unless it is an important event like the State or National Finals, the event shouldn't be nationally broadcast.

That being said, Stephenville has a class program with rabid fans that travel WELL and make noise wherever they play. I also think Lubbock Cooper will have a fair amount of fans in the stands as well. After all, it IS Texas High School Football.

hollywood
09-13-2014, 08:32 AM
It's that week in the season! With 3 games into the season, the Ville is 3-0. Just came off of a 36-21 win over a talented and solid 5A Everman team.

What will 5A Lubbock Cooper bring to the field? Cooper is 1-2 with a game one win over 3A Idalou and 2 consecutive losses to 5A Canyon Randall and 5A Wolforth-Friendship.

2muchOffense
09-13-2014, 08:47 AM
I have heard both that the game is at Cowboys stadium and at TSU. What's the real deal?

hollywood
09-13-2014, 08:50 AM
I have heard both that the game is at Cowboys stadium and at TSU. What's the real deal?

What? Haven't heard AT&T stadium yet! Keep us posted.

refereedoc
09-13-2014, 10:52 AM

TSU. Done deal

Bosqueville
09-13-2014, 07:08 PM
What a snooze fest this game will be. Espn really?

Caprocker
09-13-2014, 08:54 PM
TSU. Done deal

Ville rolls in this one also.. Espn will be disappointed.

Smitty
09-13-2014, 10:11 PM
Does anyone know which ESPN will be covering the game? Need to setup the DVR.

toddg
09-13-2014, 10:35 PM
I for one, will watch this game, be it DVR or otherwise..looking fwd to seeing the Red Raider commit!! And other standouts! RefDoc's son should have a big game..and maybe catch a glimps of "superCam man himself!!

refereedoc
09-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know which ESPN will be covering the game? Need to setup the DVR.

ESPN 2 at 8 pm

refereedoc
09-14-2014, 03:49 PM
I for one, will watch this game, be it DVR or otherwise..looking fwd to seeing the Red Raider commit!! And other standouts! RefDoc's son should have a big game..and maybe catch a glimps of "superCam man himself!!

I will be on the sideline with camera in hand. If anyone could tell me how to post pictures on the Downlow, I would.

Smitty
09-14-2014, 06:01 PM
DVR....Check.....tickets......Check.....can.....Ch eck.......stadium seats......check......cap & t-shirt......check. Think I'm ready!

hollywood
09-14-2014, 08:09 PM
DVR....Check.....tickets......Check.....can.....Ch eck.......stadium seats......check......cap & t-shirt......check. Think I'm ready!

Ditto!

Matthew328
09-14-2014, 08:39 PM
I'm not a fan of HS games being on TV either....but thats just me...ESPN will be disappointed, Stephenville rolls

hollywood
09-15-2014, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure what Cooper has returning this season but was impressed with their execution and size of players. Cooper in general has a quality athletic program. I expect Cooper to be amped up from their defeat of last season and being that this game will be nationally televised. I think the Stephenville/Big Spring game would have been a better choice for ESPN, but that's just me. I have mixed emotions about this game being televised. Will still be a great experience for both programs.

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Cooper in general has a quality athletic program.

I disagree. They had a poor to average program then a huge growth spurt that allowed them to be the big fish
in a small pond for the last four years or so. Now they're playing teams closer to their size where they will be
average at best in all sports. The exception might be baseball, we'll see.

FWIW - pigskin prep has Stephenville favored by 26 points

hollywood
09-15-2014, 01:31 PM
I disagree. They had a poor to average program then a huge growth spurt that allowed them to be the big fish
in a small pond for the last four years or so. Now, They're playing teams closer to their size where they will be
average at best in all sports. The exception might be baseball, we'll see.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see if it was a 4 year run of being the bigger school or if they have good things going for their athletic program.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Was up in Dallas area the wrong week!!! This one would had been good to see Stephenville play on Thursday. They look solid in videos that been posted.

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2014, 01:51 PM
I suppose we'll have to wait and see if it was a 4 year run of being the bigger school or if they have good things going for their athletic program.

They missed the playoffs twice in football (2009 and 2012) the last five years while being in Panhandle districts if that tells you anything.

Ville-D
09-15-2014, 02:46 PM
Nailbiter... Ville by 1. :kiss:

Smitty
09-15-2014, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Matthew328;1823258]I'm not a fan of HS games being on TV either....but thats just me...ESPN will be disappointed, Stephenville rolls[/QUOT

I bet you watch it!

db8coach
09-15-2014, 07:34 PM
I bet you watch it!

Nah, I'd rather watch the Buccaneers vs. the Falcons.

Smitty
09-15-2014, 09:06 PM

uh-huh

Ville-D
09-15-2014, 09:07 PM

What High School team are you affiliated with?

db8coach
09-16-2014, 08:19 AM
What High School team are you affiliated with?

I wouldn't watch the game on TV if the teams were the school I teach at vs. my high school alma mater.

hollywood
09-16-2014, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't watch the game on TV if the teams were the school I teach at vs. my high school alma mater.

Each to their own.

hollywood
09-16-2014, 11:57 AM
From last years venue

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/1340thefan.com/files/2014/02/Image00001.jpg?w=300&h=200&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/f/2d/f2d78adb-611c-50e6-97f7-7b5751e36591/52a7785702af7.image.jpg

http://mediaassets.reporternews.com/photo/2014/03/05/1210_absp_LubbockCooper1_3297521_ver1.0_640_480.jp g

Ville-D
09-16-2014, 01:55 PM

I guess you misunderstood my question... I'm not sure I can make that any more clear. Where did I ask you anything about watching the game? I guess I can try again. What high school team are you affiliated with?

jason
09-16-2014, 02:02 PM
I guess you misunderstood my question... I'm not sure I can make that any more clear. Where did I ask you anything about watching the game? I guess I can try again. What high school team are you affiliated with?
New 4a powerhouse Godley...
They've won 50 games in the last 5 years!!

db8coach
09-16-2014, 02:14 PM

And the answer is: My affiliation is not germane to the conversation . I disagree with televising high school activities unless it is a major event like state or nationals. Also, If you REALLY want to know, my location is pretty obvious through context clues.

hollywood
09-16-2014, 02:42 PM
Why does a "major" event like state or nationals constitute televising is "OK" contrary to a non "major" event like Stephenville vs Lubbock Cooper?

db8coach
09-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Why does a "major" event like state or nationals constitute televising is "OK" contrary to a non "major" event like Stephenville vs Lubbock Cooper?

Because a major event has the "distractors" that go with it built into the expectations of the school. A non-major event adds those same distractions that I mentioned several posts ago onto a regular school week.

AND, at least two of the dates for the UIL State Games this year are during most schools Christmas vacations, thus mitigating the effects of the "distractors."

Smitty
09-16-2014, 07:00 PM
And the answer is: My affiliation is not germane to the conversation . I disagree with televising high school activities unless it is a major event like state or nationals. Also, If you REALLY want to know, my location is pretty obvious through context clues.

its a simple question! Geez!

Aguilafanatico
09-16-2014, 07:45 PM

I'm lost. What do the Germans have to do with it??

2muchOffense
09-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Im glad our kids get a chance to be on national television. they work as hard as any in the state. However, Espn is not gonna be pleased with this matchup. I'm not saying Cooper is not worthy, but frankly there is little history between the two programs. This isn't a marquee matchup or a big time rivalry game. Also throw in the weather forecasted for Thursday and it could be a snooze fest. I will be at the game but TV viewers may not be able to resist the urge to change the channel. Jackets win big by the way!

ccmom
09-16-2014, 08:15 PM
its a simple question! Geez!

Haha...he's a Steer, of the BS persuasion. :)

jason
09-16-2014, 08:48 PM
Because a major event has the "distractors" that go with it built into the expectations of the school. A non-major event adds those same distractions that I mentioned several posts ago onto a regular school week.

AND, at least two of the dates for the UIL State Games this year are during most schools Christmas vacations, thus mitigating the effects of the "distractors."
This will help prepare the team for the TV distractions in December....

db8coach
09-16-2014, 08:49 PM

SEE! Someone DOES understand context!

YTBulldogs
09-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Don't be a hater db. Anytime we can showcase Texas High School Football, we should. Plus, the kid's might gain something out of this, besides cutting open a frog in lab, had they stayed in class Thursday. Congrats S'ville and Cooper. I think SV is about to give Cooper a learning experience, so---some education is coming out of this.

db8coach
09-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Don't be a hater db. Anytime we can showcase Texas High School Football, we should. Plus, the kid's might gain something out of this, besides cutting open a frog in lab, had they stayed in class Thursday. Congrats S'ville and Cooper. I think SV is about to give Cooper a learning experience, so---some education is coming out of this.

There is NO DOUBT that Stephenville is going to murder on this one. And there is no hate. I am just one who thinks school's a priori should be to educate.

D'Highlander
09-17-2014, 06:18 AM
Heard a rumor Kingsbury is wanting to land his heli at the game and make a big entrance for ESPN

jason
09-17-2014, 07:56 AM
Heard a rumor Kingsbury is wanting to land his heli at the game and make a big entrance for ESPN
Ha! After the show Tech put on against Arkansas, he better pray any of his recruits actually show up in Lubbock. That was embarrassing!!

hollywood
09-17-2014, 08:32 AM
heard a rumor kingsbury is wanting to land his heli at the game and make a big entrance for espn

lol!

panfan
09-17-2014, 09:27 AM
I spend a lot of time out west, and you can usually catch a HS football game on the local channels or a cable channel out there. Maybe not ESPN, but still they are televised. Why not here? Again, maybe the level of play should match the level of media outlet, but I say pick a couple games a week that should be good match ups and broadcast them! For the most part, due to UIL rules, they would have to be delayed broadcast anyways. How is ESPN getting around this for the Ville game?

caleb_mccaig
09-17-2014, 09:56 AM
I spend a lot of time out west, and you can usually catch a HS football game on the local channels or a cable channel out there. Maybe not ESPN, but still they are televised. Why not here? Again, maybe the level of play should match the level of media outlet, but I say pick a couple games a week that should be good match ups and broadcast them! For the most part, due to UIL rules, they would have to be delayed broadcast anyways. How is ESPN getting around this for the Ville game?

That's a great question......do things like the game being played on a Thursday or the game taking place on a field that isn't on a UIL school's property matter?

jason
09-17-2014, 10:07 AM
That's a great question......do things like the game being played on a Thursday or the game taking place on a field that isn't on a UIL school's property matter?
Games can be aired live on Thurs & Sat but not on Friday, that is why you always see tape delayed games on Friday nights.

Ville-D
09-17-2014, 10:17 AM

Ok, I did the research and see where you are from. It makes sense now. If you are so worried about kids and education (a great thing to be passionate about, btw), why is it that the majority of your posts come during the school day? Shouldn't you be busting your hump to get these kids educated, instead of wasting your time trolling a football forum? Is all this wasting of taxpayer dollars authorized by the BSISD? I for one am glad none of our teachers and "coaches" waste teaching time here.

Ville-D
09-17-2014, 10:21 AM

One other thing... Why be so confrontational when I asked such a simple question?

Ville-D
09-17-2014, 11:16 AM
In this match up, I will have to go with the "East Texas" team for the win. Stephenville rolls 49-0.

Smitty
09-17-2014, 12:18 PM
In this match up, I will have to go with the "East Texas" team for the win. Stephenville rolls 49-0.

Now thats funny!

Smitty
09-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Ville-D, you should have put something in that post about "Speed Kills"!

db8coach
09-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Ok, I did the research and see where you are from. It makes sense now. If you are so worried about kids and education (a great thing to be passionate about, btw), why is it that the majority of your posts come during the school day? Shouldn't you be busting your hump to get these kids educated, instead of wasting your time trolling a football forum? Is all this wasting of taxpayer dollars authorized by the BSISD? I for one am glad none of our teachers and "coaches" waste teaching time here.

Have you not heard of things like "passing periods" and "conference periods?" Or do they not have those at Stephenville?

regaleagle
09-17-2014, 02:14 PM
Auburn@KState on ESPN in Manhattan with a pregame at 6PM and kickoff at 6:30. Stephenville/Lubbock Cooper will be televised on ESPN 2 starting at 8pm.

JacketSwarm
09-17-2014, 06:40 PM
this won't even be a game. The Jackets by 50. cooper best stay home and catch this game on espn.

Fire Away

Smitty
09-17-2014, 06:52 PM
good chance it's going to be wet.

db8coach
09-17-2014, 06:56 PM
this won't even be a game. The Jackets by 50. cooper best stay home and catch this game on espn.

Fire Away

Don't know if your coaches will let it go to 50...49 is usually where coaches stop.

JacketSwarm
09-17-2014, 08:01 PM
hello, national exposure. I say run it up. cooper hurt our qb last season. cost us a state title. Stephenville by as many as they want. no one has seen the wrath the Jacket O can bring yet.

Fire Away

toddg
09-17-2014, 09:13 PM
hello, national exposure. I say run it up. cooper hurt our qb last season. cost us a state title. Stephenville by as many as they want. no one has seen the wrath the Jacket O can bring yet.

Fire Away
didnt know the QB played defense too..guess Kilgore was just lucky.:

jason
09-17-2014, 09:21 PM
didnt know the QB played defense too..guess Kilgore was just lucky.:
He did in some situations where you knew it was a passing down, probably won't do much of that this year.
Obviously cooper didn't hurt Stidham in the quarter-finals game, he tore his hamstring on a night that was literally in the teens temperature wise - just bad luck.
With a heathy Stidham the Kilgore game would have been closer than 44-6 and maybe a win for Stephenville, we'll never know...

hollywood
09-18-2014, 11:44 AM
Only draw back about this game is the delay between changes of possession for TV timeouts. This game is going to drag out! 8PM start means it will not be over until after 11PM. :helpme:

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Only draw back about this game is the delay between changes of possession for TV timeouts. This game is going to drag out! 8PM start means it will not be over until after 11PM. :helpme:

Exactly why I'm not going to be there. Too long a drive back for someone that starts their day between 5:00 and 5:30 am.
Otherwise, I'd be interested at getting a look at this year's SV team before they possibly play at Jerry World.

jason
09-18-2014, 01:21 PM
raining pretty hard here now in stephenville - looks like there is a 40% chance around kickoff and 20% chance the rest of the night

hollywood
09-18-2014, 01:40 PM
Exactly why I'm not going to be there. Too long a drive back for someone that starts their day between 5:00 and 5:30 am.
Otherwise, I'd be interested at getting a look at this year's SV team before they possibly play at Jerry World.

I don't blame you having to travel that far. Watch it at home or your favorite sports bar. ;)

jason
09-18-2014, 01:41 PM
Drive on into Big Spring and watch it on TV with db8coach!!

hollywood
09-18-2014, 01:45 PM

lol, that made me laugh.

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2014, 01:58 PM
I don't blame you having to travel that far. Watch it at home or your favorite sports bar. ;)
I'll have it on in one of the rooms. It's just not the same as being there though. The camera lets you see a few moving parts.
When you're there you can watch the whole machine at work.

Ha! Good one

db8coach
09-18-2014, 02:08 PM

He would have to come to school. I have a lot of grading and planning to do. I'll probably be slinging the NFL game though.

defense51
09-18-2014, 03:21 PM
I'm lost. What do the Germans have to do with it??

Was zur holle :thinking:

lostaussie
09-18-2014, 04:01 PM
How's the weather and will it be any kind of factor?

ccmom
09-18-2014, 05:30 PM

Hahahahahaha!!

Smitty
09-18-2014, 05:44 PM

Now that's funny!

Ville-D
09-18-2014, 05:45 PM
He would have to come to school. I have a lot of grading and planning to do. I'll probably be slinging the NFL game though.

Should have done that in those off periods instead of trolling. Time management.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

db8coach
09-18-2014, 05:59 PM
Should have done that in those off periods instead of trolling. Time management.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

Thursday is my planning day. Getting ready for the week(s) ahead. Plus, the stuff I'm grading is grading from today.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Stephenville pass defense?

Bosqueville
09-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Think there might be a little too much adrenaline from the Ville. Ugly pass defense.

Deuce
09-18-2014, 09:05 PM
From what I have seen so far, I would take the QB from Ville that went to Texas St over what they have now. Not impressed yet.

varsity parent
09-18-2014, 09:09 PM
How the heck does Stidham have so many stickers after three games? Are they giving them out per yard? Or are those just for ESPN?

toddg
09-18-2014, 09:13 PM
From what I have seen so far, I would take the QB from Ville that went to Texas St over what they have now. Not impressed yet.
JacketSwarm not a very good predictor of games..but, Just stay tuned, the Jackets will will catch fire.. A lot of game left!!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2014, 09:13 PM
LC qb nice fake

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 09:35 PM
Cooper has done a good job keeping everything in front of them on defense. The qb for Cooper, Eakins, is not too bad either. Lubbock Cooper does not look like a slouch. They are playing the Yellowjackets fairly even so far. Stidham does have much potential, but he's not ready for the next level quite yet. Maybe by the end of this season he will be tons more polished and his true athletic abilities will start to blossom even more. There's no question he's a talent.

hollywood
09-18-2014, 09:45 PM
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Sville locker room at halftime! Can you say arse chewing?! Lol

Not sure if it's the lengthy broadcast time outs, big stage, or what that's throwing Sville off their game. Sville playing sloppy so far. Cooper is no slouch, credit to their team as well. But the unforced miscues, not characteristic of Jacket football. Hope y'all get to see what we've been seeing so far this season. Cooper O has been averaging 30 pts a game on O against 5A's. We'll see

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:02 PM
How in the world did Padilla favor the Yellowjackets by 27 pts. when Cooper was averaging 30 pts/gm in 5A? To me, it looks like Cooper has been slighted and that Stephenville has been overblown because of Stidham. Maybe Stephenville is really, really good and Cooper is just doing a great job against them tonite, I dunno. I don't want to give the wrong impression or bruise any feelings on here.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Cruz missile up the gut a few times, then Ehlers around the end, TD. Ehler's playing lights out. Game on.

defense51
09-18-2014, 10:06 PM
Score?

ccmom
09-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Score?

Cooper 28
Sville 21

8 left in third

FB-fanatic
09-18-2014, 10:08 PM
28-21 Lubbock 7:55 in 3rd

FB-fanatic
09-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Tied 28-28

YTBulldogs
09-18-2014, 10:10 PM
28-28, S'ville on a 40 yard bubble screen. 7:48 in 3rd. Great game. Enjoying it bd8coach?

bearbear78
09-18-2014, 10:10 PM
Gonna be a back and forth now? Nice run Cruz answered by a nice run williams.....Williams was more impressive I'll say

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:11 PM
That was a great run by Williams to score on that play to tie it up now....just the shot in arm the Yellowjackets needed. He was hit hard but not wrapped up, bounced off and found daylight to outrun the defenders to the end zone. Really good football instincts.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2014, 10:13 PM
Kingsbury might take the local kid, Ehlers. I see he moved to LC sideline now. Get'em both.

SintonFan_inAustin
this just might be the turning point on that bloop kick that Stephenville recovers

Yoe_09
this just might be the turning point on that bloop kick that Stephenville recovers

Yep, can't make mistakes like that.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Wow, nobody for Cooper fielded that pooch kick by Stephenville and the Yellowjackets recover for a huge turn of events here. They take over on the Cooper 35 or 40...somewhere in that area of the field. But a Cooper player is down on the field right at the point of the play, so it's difficult to say.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Cooper didn't do a good job on that swing pass to Williams to let him go to the house with it. You just have to cover him....he's a weapon. Somebody missed an assignment on that one...it was just too easy. But it was a great call by the Yellowjacket staff.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Stephenville 36
Lubbock Cooper 28

Still in the 3rd.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Now Cruz for Cooper takes it all the way down to the Yellowjacket 25 for a 43 yd. run.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Big TE for Cooper outjumps everybody at the 2 to take in the pass. On the next play Stephenville holds. Ehlers is looking good....he dives over on 2nd effort for a Cooper TD. The fade jumpball pass to the tall TE for Cooper ties it up now....36-36. That was a BIG 2pt play.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2014, 10:27 PM
Great game,

Roughneck93
09-18-2014, 10:28 PM
Good game...:1popcorn:

toddg
09-18-2014, 10:28 PM
Stephenville 36
Lubbock Cooper 28

Still in the 3rd. both offenses explosive..defenses not as bad as they look

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:30 PM
Both offenses are really ginning now. We'll see if things settle down on the defensive sides in the 4th. STill in the 3rd.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:32 PM
No pressure on Stidham now. He has plenty of time....just not hitting the mark....yet.

FB-fanatic
09-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Bruner ChevroLet gets some national exposures...

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:34 PM
Looks like Stephenville will settle for a field goal from 28 yds. He drills it.

Stephenville 39
Cooper 36

3 mins. left in 3rd.

FB-fanatic
09-18-2014, 10:35 PM
Who's that talking to Kingsbury? With headphones?

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:37 PM
There goes the Cooper Wildcat for 30 yds. Uh-oh....wipe it out. Late flag for illegal block against Cooper.

caleb_mccaig
09-18-2014, 10:38 PM
Hate me if you want, but I took a pic with Kingsbury tonight. My girlfriend told me she would kill me if I didn't.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:38 PM
This has turned out to be a really great game to watch. I'm sure ESPN is getting lots of views on this one...now that the Auburn game is done.

bearbear78
09-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Does Cruz have a neck? LoL
That kids like a tank

FB-fanatic
09-18-2014, 10:40 PM
What a throw and catch!

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:41 PM
Ehlers hits Soph Watts for another TD pass for Cooper. The Stephenville secondary is not able to keep up against very good passing from Ehlers. He is hitting the mark repeatedly.

Cooper 43
Stephenville 39

39 secs. left in 3rd

YTBulldogs
09-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Does Cruz have a neck? LoL
That kids like a tank
5'5" missile. The Cruz Missile.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2014, 10:43 PM
Ehlers is a baller. SV coaches son killing them with two, 15 yard penalty's.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:43 PM
Williams is everything a Coach could want in a RB.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2014, 10:44 PM
He pushed off.

Yoe_09
09-18-2014, 10:45 PM
He pushed off.

Yep, pretty clear on that one. I thought the Cooper defender had a good chance at the INT.

bearbear78
That PI penalty HURTTT

regaleagle
That was a push-off on the dback on that long pass by Stidham. I really don't think he really needed to push off on him...to make that reception.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2014, 10:47 PM
Damn, what a game. db8coach, this is why we showcase Texas football on a Thursday night, national TV.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:47 PM
Lots of game left here for both teams....an entire quarter. Both qbs are slinging it now. It may start to come down to who has the last possession, or which D can get the stop they need.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2014, 10:49 PM
:1popcorn::2thumbsup:clap:

Snotbubbles
09-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Did they bring their defenses?

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Cooper forces Stephenville to punt now. Cooper will have a full field to work with from their own 20

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Ehlers gets a 1st on 3rd and 9 with another quickhitting pass. Big first down for field position.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Some hard hitting down on the field from both teams. They are really playing hard on both sides of the ball. Great game.

Snotbubbles
09-18-2014, 10:55 PM
SV can't contain corners, and LC not fast. Wait till they play someone with speed.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Stephenville forces Cooper to punt now from deep in its own end.

FB-fanatic
09-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Nice defensive stand.

Yoe_09
Yeah, Cooper turned what should have been a 3rd & 5 into a 3rd & 11 and then the pass that probably could have been caught right at the mark. Big stop for Stephenville.

regaleagle
Fair catch for Stephenville to take over. It looks like they will have the ball on about their own 35. Lots of time left, but it is the 4th qtr and they are behind. Anything can happen.

toddg
09-18-2014, 10:58 PM
Some hard hitting down on the field from both teams. They are really playing hard on both sides of the ball. Great game.
We need the Ville to win..!!!

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:00 PM
It appears the Yellowjacket recievers are not getting open for Stidham, or he's just not seeing them quick enough, I can't tell from the TV view.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:01 PM
4th and 2 and Stephenville will opt to punt it from their own 43.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Now your defense arrived snot.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Cooper takes over at their own 27. They will attempt to get some first downs, control the ball and burn the clock. Let's see if Stephenville's D can come up the stop.

hollywood
09-18-2014, 11:03 PM
It appears the Yellowjacket recievers are not getting open for Stidham, or he's just not seeing them quick enough, I can't tell from the TV view.

Stidham looks like he wants to throw and no one is open. He usually tucks and runs for first. It's like he is trying too hard to find an open receiver. Take what's given. Play football!! Lol

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2014, 11:03 PM
We need the Ville to win..!!!
Why?

I wouldn't mine seeing a Pirate team come out on top on national TV :)

I'm just glad its a great game of HS football

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Cooper picks up 7 on 1st down with a run over left tackle.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:05 PM
!st down Cooper. Ehlers does read option for 4 more. 2nd and 6 now.

Yoe_09
09-18-2014, 11:06 PM
HUGE 1st down right there.

regaleagle
Now the Yellowjackets D is starting to really stick the Cooper runners, but Ehlers goes to the air and hits his receiver for another big play.

toddg
Why?

I wouldn't mine seeing a Pirate team come out on top on national TV :)

I'm just glad its a great game of HS football

Because the Indians play them next week... It's never cool to play a coach G team after a loss! LOL!!

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Stephenville D is up against the ropes here in the 4th and need a stop...bad.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:08 PM
Cruz powers for another 1st for Cooper. He needed 3 and got 4./

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:09 PM
Here comes the holding penalty call against Cooper now. That's a 10 yarder.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:09 PM
Looks like it's 2nd and 19 now for Cooper.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Because the Indians play them next week... It's never cool to play a coach G team after a loss! LOL!!ahh lol! Hey now I know where Alvarado is, pass by there couple of Saturdays ago. tried taking a shortcut off I35 to 360 going through the lights of your town should had stayed on I35 and had to stop on every light lol. was going to six flags

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:10 PM
How about a big play for Stephenville D on sacking Ehlers. 3rd and 21. Screen pass nearly picked off by Reynolds.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:12 PM
What a game . Time out Cooper. 3:41 left and 4th down for Cooper. Too far for a field goal. Long way for a 1st. I say punt it and let your D try to win it for you.

Yoe_09
09-18-2014, 11:12 PM
What a game . Time out Cooper. 3:41 left and 4th down for Cooper. Too far for a field goal. Long way for a 1st. I say punt it and let your D try to win it for you.

I agree. Try to pin them inside the 10.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2014, 11:13 PM
wow!!

Roughneck93
Wow....

caleb_mccaig
Wow Cooper.....

YTBulldogs
3 min to go, and you gave life to the champ LC. Should of punted.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:14 PM
Oh blunder of blunders for Cooper. Tried the double pass, but the receiver caught it and lost it on the attempted sling. Now the Yellowjackets get great field position.

Yoe_09
09-18-2014, 11:15 PM
I think you have to go for it.

YTBulldogs
4&7, here it goes.

caleb_mccaig
Wasn't a fan of that decision there.....

YTBulldogs
09-18-2014, 11:16 PM
Just WOW!!!!!:eek: TD Ehlers, nail in coffin.

regaleagle
Stidham is trying too hard. He needs to relax on his passing attempts. 4th down and 7 for Stephenville and Stidham. He fires high and hard. Incomplete and Cooper takes over with 2:39 left at about midfield.

SintonFan_inAustin
That's ball game

caleb_mccaig
Good God Stephenville.

FB-fanatic
09-18-2014, 11:17 PM
Glad Kingsbury is there.... 400 plus yds

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:17 PM
Ehlers takes it on a keeper up the middle, cuts to his right and takes it to the house for the big enchilada gamewinner.

caleb_mccaig
09-18-2014, 11:18 PM
Game isn't over yet....2:31 with three timeouts.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:18 PM
Stephenville will have to score twice with 2:30 left.
Cooper 50
Stephenville 39

Bosqueville
09-18-2014, 11:19 PM
Holy Crap..

varsity parent
09-18-2014, 11:19 PM
Uh-oh! Stidham is going to lose a few stickers! Cooper QB is pretty dang good!

YTBulldogs
09-18-2014, 11:20 PM
WOW!!! Great game for us fan's.

bearbear78
09-18-2014, 11:21 PM
Ehlers with over 400 yards! Wow....excellent freaking game!!!

regaleagle
Big completion downfield by Stidham comes back for illegal man downfield.

caleb_mccaig
That's game.

bearbear78
09-18-2014, 11:22 PM
Picked by LC. Damn....ouch

FB-fanatic
09-18-2014, 11:22 PM
Int Stidham

caleb_mccaig
09-18-2014, 11:23 PM
Where's that one guy who was complaining about football on a school night and on tv?

Is it past his bedtime?

YTBulldogs
Thank you ESPN.

regaleagle
Intercepted by Robert Cooper of Cooper. That will do it for tonite's gem of a game. Outstanding game for Ehlers of Cooper and the whole team. They came and they conquered. It was a worthy game for the ESPN network as well.

YTBulldogs
Where's that one guy who was complaining about football on a school night?

Is it past his bedtime?

that was bd8coach. He is grading papers.

FB-fanatic
09-18-2014, 11:24 PM
I was complaining about school'in on a football night!

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 11:24 PM
Congrats to Lubbock Cooper for a big road win against a good Stephenville team.
Lubbock Cooper 50
Stephenville 39
Final

bearbear78
09-18-2014, 11:25 PM
Putting 50 on the jackets in their house is impressive ...Damn good game...pretty sure Stidhams frustrated with his receivers ...and he should be

YTBulldogs
09-18-2014, 11:26 PM
I seen Stidham over throw a few receivers in a row when they settled for a FG. They could of walked in. Not all receivers fault.

ccmom
09-18-2014, 11:28 PM
My oh my....what a game!! At least I stayed up past my bedtime for a good one!!

toddg
09-18-2014, 11:29 PM
Good God Stephenville.

Thank you ESPN.

Great Game!!! Both teams played their heart out and represented Texas HS football well on a national stage!!

hollywood
09-18-2014, 11:39 PM
Stephenville got beat by a better team tonight. No shame in that. Cooper is legit. Glad they're 5A! They looked better this year than last year! Goodness

jason
09-18-2014, 11:42 PM
Good ball game. Cooper definitely better than last year.
Stephenville offense wasn't sharp, but the 100+ yards in penalties didn't help.
Bad combination of Stephenville's worst game (by far) and probably Cooper's best game.

bearbear78
09-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Stephenville got beat by a better team tonight. No shame in that. Cooper is legit. Glad they're 5A! They looked better this year than last year! Goodness
No shame in tonight...I honestly thought it would whichever team had last possession would win it but some late mistakes hurt the jackets . Great game and was worthy of national exposure

hollywood
09-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Congrats to Cooper. Great football team and showed good sportmanship. Good night for football. Jackets will be just fine. They made costly mistakes but nothing that can't be fixed. It's why you schedule tough competition, to get better. Never count Stephenville out. It's still early in the season. The inexperience on D got exposed. Those kids will grow up from this. Good luck to Cooper the rest of the season.

Snotbubbles
09-18-2014, 11:46 PM
SV in trouble if they face a team with speed. Ehlers ate em up, and he isn't known as a burner. Poor job containing the corners. But, great game to watch.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2014, 11:48 PM
SV in trouble if they face a team with speed. Ehlers ate em up, and he isn't known as a burner. Poor job containing the corners. But, great game to watch.

Like ET speed, or just speed snot?

Snotbubbles
09-18-2014, 11:53 PM
Like ET speed, or just speed snot?
ET speed. LC couldn't put 50 on Idalou, Randall or Frenship (and one of these lost to a EP school).

YTBulldogs
09-18-2014, 11:59 PM
O'well, that's down the road in the playoffs, till that type of speed has to be dealt with. All I know, I was entertained tonight, and glad ESPN got this together.

bd62
09-19-2014, 12:03 AM
Both teams represented Texas High school football
well.Fun game to watch and great sportsmanship
by both teams. Both teams will have a great season
by playing tough Competion. . This is type of game
That both teams will get better . Congs to LC for a big
win and the Jackets will be just fine rest of year.

Sville
09-19-2014, 12:27 AM
Congrats to LC, well played. That wasn't the same Jacket team I have watched over the first 3 weeks. Kinda at a loss for words. I guess with KK in the house we played Tech like defense. Definitely plenty to work on this week, but ultimately nothing hurt but your pride. I am glad we don't have a bye and get back on that horse against the Injuns in a week.

hollywood
09-19-2014, 12:32 AM

Snot, it was the zone read that ate Sville's dinner. Inexperience on D was exposed. Speed? Stephenville got their dose of that last week. Everman had way more team speed (ET type speed) than Cooper. Cooper just executes their spread scheme very well. Sville needed that type of loss. They'll be just fine.

toddg
09-19-2014, 12:40 AM
Congrats to LC, well played. That wasn't the same Jacket team I have watched over the first 3 weeks. Kinda at a loss for words. I guess with KK in the house we played Tech like defense. Definitely plenty to work on this week, but ultimately nothing hurt but your pride. I am glad we don't have a bye and get back on that horse against the Injuns in a week.
The Jacket DLine played very well!! Reynolds at NT is awesome!! Bad angles and poor tackling from the backers and secondary was very unJacket like.. I'm sure they will get it righted next week in practice.. Very good ball game to watch, I expected a big play everytime Stidham got the snap!! Martin was open a lot in the last possessions..I couldn't figure out why Stidham didn't find him.. But what do I know! Jackets will be fine!

Ville-D
09-19-2014, 12:42 AM
JacketSwarm not a very good predictor of games..but, Just stay tuned, the Jackets will will catch fire.. A lot of game left!!

Sometimes its better to be humble, makes it easier when you get humbled.

toddg
09-19-2014, 12:45 AM
Sometimes its better to be humble, makes it easier when you get humbled.
I agree, Jackets still looked plenty solid to me!

Snotbubbles
09-19-2014, 01:23 AM
I agree, Jackets still looked plenty solid to me!

Don't know about solid, they did give up half a hundred after all. I do agree, their offense will score, and should be just fine on into district. As their own mentioned, they have to shore up that defense.

2muchOffense
09-19-2014, 02:26 AM
Damn what a game! First off lets start by saying Lubbock Cooper played their butts off tonight. Losing sucks but I can handle if it is against that kind of effort. As for the Jackets, I thought we caught fire early and shot ourselves in the foot. We left the door cracked open and Cooper kicked it down. Both teams played very hard but we have got to eliminate the penalties. We made so many costly mistakes and the frustrating part is this isn't the first game this has happened. With the talent in our district and region, we can't make bonehead plays and expect to win games. After a loss, expecially one on national television, you get humbled. All you can do is get back to the grind and look to get better. I expect us to circle the wagons and regroup. Come late in the year, we will still be in the mix.

D'Highlander
09-19-2014, 05:51 AM
Wow, what a game!

All 4A need to thank LC for the blueprint to beat Stephenville. Read option out of shotgun trips. Throw the swing to the trips all night. It looked like Stephenville never adjusted and just kept 2 guys with a safety over the top. 6+ yards at a time. On the read option Stephenville could never get to the edge. It almost looked like Stephenville was playing one man short. The way Stephenville played tonight, give me Big Spring out of that district. It looks like they will be able to give Stephenville fits.

D'Highlander
09-19-2014, 05:55 AM

Still feel that the kids/coaches wont/didn't come in overconfident? 100+ yards of accepted penalties. Hard to win a game like that.

regaleagle
09-19-2014, 06:19 AM
Yeah....the Jackets made a lot of mistakes last night and didn't play as cleanly as they would have liked. But hey....it's early in the season and this is what happens to players in some games early on. Looking back on it, I think Stephenville would have been better served running more with Williams off play-action with Stidham having a run/pass option look in the 4th when that double pass didn't work for Cooper. There was plenty of time left at that point to take the ball down on an engineered short pass and run type drive that would have been more in the Jacket tradition. I think the long pass attempts just caused undue pressure on the offense and played into the hands of the LC defense. Some short passes and runs in that series may have changed the outcome of the game....but that's only conjecture and it's history now.

lostaussie
09-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Congrats to LC, well played. That wasn't the same Jacket team I have watched over the first 3 weeks. Kinda at a loss for words. I guess with KK in the house we played Tech like defense. Definitely plenty to work on this week, but ultimately nothing hurt but your pride. I am glad we don't have a bye and get back on that horse against the Injuns in a week.Exactly right..............nothing hurt but your pride. And 16-18 year old kids got short memories. Small setback and wake up call. That's all it is.

YTBulldogs
09-19-2014, 07:39 AM
IMO, that Jacket series (3Q) in which a wide open receiver was over thrown, on back to back play's from around the 15, was big in this game. Settled for the FG instead of what should of been a walk in TD. I just got a sense seeing the players react, this was a pivotal moment.

I do agree, too many penalties didn't help either. #8 (WR, back up QB) from LC had his tough penalties too. Calling back a TD and a long run as I recall. Along with the 5'5" "Cruz missile" up the gut to counter Ehlers passing (some were one receiver routes) to convert first downs, to keep drives alive, was key too. They kept SV off balance, and opened it up when Ehlers kept on read plays. Hat's off to LC game plan, and executing it.

None the less, great game by both teams and very entertaining. Ya'll represented Texas Football nationally well.

slingshot
09-19-2014, 08:14 AM

Fire Away

Uh-Huh... tell us more.

Bosqueville
09-19-2014, 08:35 AM
It was a great game to watch. I know they want the QB to get his yards but man.. RUN THE BALL. That running back is a beast and reminds me of the Katy running back. Every time he touches it he looks like he could go to the house.

Deuce
09-19-2014, 08:49 AM
It was a great game to watch. I know they want the QB to get his yards but man.. RUN THE BALL. That running back is a beast and reminds me of the Katy running back. Every time he touches it he looks like he could go to the house.

I agree. College coaches foaming at the mouth this morning over the Ville RB!

lostaussie
09-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Uh-Huh... tell us more.I knew that was coming......and it was still funny!!

panfan
09-19-2014, 09:01 AM
I knew that was coming......and it was still funny!!

Can't help but laugh at that.
What a damn fine game that was. Both teams giving it their all. Espn got their money's worth out of this contest.

jason
09-19-2014, 09:02 AM
I agree. College coaches foaming at the mouth this morning over the Ville RB!
There was at least one D1 head coach in the crowd last night.
Probably there to make sure his prize recruit is still coming after their embarrassing performance vs Arkansas last weekend...

Snotbubbles
09-19-2014, 09:07 AM
Maybe he didn't wanna be in Lubbock while they were about to fire his def. coord, before he resigned? Odd the HC isn't present for that. After that D performance against Ark, I can see why he was using something.

Sweetwater Red
09-19-2014, 09:16 AM
I wonder how many Monahans folks watched lastnight's game and what their take is given that the Loboes play at Lubbock Cooper in eight days.

Sville
09-19-2014, 09:30 AM
I had a night to digest the game and my belly is still upset from it. but anywho, Cooper had a dang good game plan with very SOLID OL play. They killed Sville on the zone read and swing pass off of PAP. I know one thing as solid as Ehlers was last night the Jackets better figure that zone out before we play BS or Tannehill will tear them a new one. This is my captain obvious statement but we committed to many penalties with 10 for 100 yds, and it seem like most of them were just silly mental ones.

Offensively the Jackets hit their season average of about 40 points and 500 yards. Obviously they left some on the table last night b/c of penalties, drops, and overthrows. They also got away from the run in the 4th. The radio guys said Williams only had 2 rushes in the 4th and at one point the Jackets had -5 yards on 11 consecutive pass attempts.

Sometimes you need to be humbled and we got it last night. I have no doubt this is still a top 3 4A football team though.

STUDMYSTRO
09-19-2014, 09:38 AM
First off I want to say great game to LC, they had a plan and executed it. Both teams played their hearts out last night and I am sure that ESPN is happy they put this one on the schedule.

Not making any excuses at all...but this was not the same Yellow Jacket team I have watched through the first three games of the season. Our young defense saw some things that maybe they have not seen up to this point and could not make the right adjustments in the secondary. I will however give props to the D-Line on a game well played. I have no doubt that the D will continue to grow and learn from their mistakes and will propel the Yellow Jackets deep in to the playoffs.

As for the offense, I feel that we started the game with a bang and looked like a well oiled machine. But we let mental mistakes and errors take control of the game. I feel that our D gave us the opportunity to take the ball to the house and win a couple of times in the 4th, but the offense simply could not execute. Several passes over thrown or dropped really crippled us on the last couple of drives. I would have liked to see the Yellow Jackets exercise the run on that last drive. Trust the o-line to make a push and put the ball in Kaegan or Chapman's hands and let them go to work or go to the option while taking time off the clock.

This was a humbling experience for the Yellow Jackets, they got their pride bruised; but this will ultimatley make them better as the season progresses.

Deuce
09-19-2014, 10:20 AM
There was at least one D1 head coach in the crowd last night.
Probably there to make sure his prize recruit is still coming after their embarrassing performance vs Arkansas last weekend...

Yeah, ESPN put the camera on him about 50 times last night.

ccmom
09-19-2014, 10:24 AM
Yeah, ESPN put the camera on him about 50 times last night.

And that still wasn't enough:inlove:

STUDMYSTRO
09-19-2014, 10:27 AM
This isnt really game related, but I wanted to say thankyou to the LC players that were on the field for the coin toss. This was the Heart of Gold game for the Yellow Jackets and it was very touching when the LC players removed their helments and kissed the forehead of the little girl that is suffering from a form of cancer. I would also like to thank the LC school district for donating $500.00 to help her and her family with the treatments.

This was a true class act!

Rattler
09-19-2014, 10:49 AM
This isnt really game related, but I wanted to say thankyou to the LC players that were on the field for the coin toss. This was the Heart of Gold game for the Yellow Jackets and it was very touching when the LC players removed their helments and kissed the forehead of the little girl that is suffering from a form of cancer. I would also like to thank the LC school district for donating $500.00 to help her and her family with the treatments.

:2thumbsup:clap::2thumbsup:clap:

D'Highlander
09-19-2014, 11:17 AM

^^^^The best and most important thing that happened last night.^^^^

Sville
09-19-2014, 12:00 PM
this isnt really game related, but i wanted to say thankyou to the lc players that were on the field for the coin toss. This was the heart of gold game for the yellow jackets and it was very touching when the lc players removed their helments and kissed the forehead of the little girl that is suffering from a form of cancer. I would also like to thank the lc school district for donating $500.00 to help her and her family with the treatments.

^^^this^^^

Scoop27
09-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Fell Asleep watching this what turned out to be a fantastic game

YTBulldogs
09-19-2014, 01:06 PM
Fell Asleep watching this what turned out to be a fantastic game

Damn, you are old. LOL. Sleep last thing I thought about watching this one.

db8coach
09-19-2014, 02:04 PM
Count me in as the people surprised with that score.

JacketSwarm
09-20-2014, 01:21 PM
Uh-Huh... tell us more.

Jacket's still best 4A team in state. cooper got lucky and happened to be clicking. one eyed pirates find a treasure every now and then. wylie ok this year? Jacket's gonna stomp a mud hole for the bull pups to squander in next few weeks. come get ya some.

Fire Away

bearbear78
09-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Jacket's still best 4A team in state. cooper got lucky and happened to be clicking. one eyed pirates find a treasure every now and then. wylie ok this year? Jacket's gonna stomp a mud hole for the bull pups to squander in next few weeks. come get ya some.

Fire Away
Such a shame decent ville fans have to share a hometown with you...you should stop drinking your bathwater...it turns you into an angry little leprechaun

panfan
09-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Such a shame decent ville fans have to share a hometown with you...you should stop drinking your bathwater...it turns you into an angry little leprechaun

He hasn't gradumicated yet, at least mentally. Takes some folks a while to grow up.

slingshot
09-20-2014, 02:25 PM
He hasn't gradumicated yet, at least mentally. Takes some folks a while to grow up.I think he is really Rocket and just moved to Stephenville... Clown.

Razorback88
09-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Lubbock Cooper got rolled by Canyon Randall and Frenship-S'Ville fans are at a loss but I'll bet that Monahans beats Cooper in Lubbock next Friday by 2-3 TD's and Andrews dominated Monahans last night. The Jackets might not be district champs. BS Steers are better overall and I've seen both teams. I'm thinking that Andrews might be the best team in D-1

bearbear78
09-20-2014, 02:49 PM
Lubbock Cooper got rolled by Canyon Randall and Frenship-S'Ville fans are at a loss but I'll bet that Monahans beats Cooper in Lubbock next Friday by 2-3 TD's and Andrews dominated Monahans last night. The Jackets might not be district champs. BS Steers are better overall and I've seen both teams. I'm thinking that Andrews might be the best team in D-1
Someone has to lose and that night the ville had several mistakes...most know im not usually a big jacket fan but that doesnt take away from them being good. I dont think this game is any sign of whats to come from the ville. Plus using the we beat them and they beat you to determine the best? Dont think that works

hollywood
09-20-2014, 03:00 PM

Good luck with your assessment. Maybe you'll get one right someday.

slingshot
09-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Honestly--I still think S'ville is the best team in 3A. Think their defense got exposed a little by Cooper, I have no doubt that Coach Gillespie and staff will clean that up. Playing against (and sometimes getting beat by) strong competition makes you better--it shows you where your weaknesses are and what you need to work on. District play is what really matters--Jackets will be just fine. Stephenville, Big Spring and Wylie (and even Brownwood if their team comes together--they have the athletes) should make for an interesting race.

Smitty
09-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Honestly--I still think S'ville is the best team in 3A. Think their defense got exposed a little by Cooper, I have no doubt that Coach Gillespie and staff will clean that up. Playing against (and sometimes getting beat by) strong competition makes you better--it shows you where your weaknesses are and what you need to work on. District play is what really matters--Jackets will be just fine. Stephenville, Big Spring and Wylie (and even Brownwood if their team comes together--they have the athletes) should make for an interesting race.

I believe the "District of Doom" has changed locations