PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Buffalos vs Wimberley Texans

buff4ever
08-31-2014, 01:51 AM
What is to expect from this match up.

Pudlugger
08-31-2014, 08:03 AM
Giddings by 20+. Their offense is too much for the Texans this year. The Buffs have returned with that old familiar speed.

lv2937
08-31-2014, 09:39 AM
Giddings

iFootball
08-31-2014, 10:59 AM
This will be a good one! Wimberley by a touchdown

LV_Bearfan
08-31-2014, 01:21 PM
I think WT starts feeling better after this week. Should be a good game.

Gone Fishing
08-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Thanks bear fan and y'all are really good. Defense great. And I mean great. And I know great! My kids and I were here for both SC teams at WT and I watched all years since 2000. Y'all get some of your O in gear and I see y'all coming out of R4 IMO. I don't know about WT right now I am going to stay low. But frankly we have no offense. I have never seen Wimberley shut out in my time here. I'm new to that!!! Very dissatisfied in our progress since Nelms and Dick Smith departure.

Snotbubbles
08-31-2014, 06:20 PM
I have never seen Wimberley shut out in my time here. I'm new to that!!! Very dissatisfied in our progress since Nelms and Dick Smith departure.

As mentioned before, you might still run the same stuff with a few twist's, but--the mastermind behind it is gone and when I see it, it's nothing like Nelms ran execution. He also seem to get more out of what he was coaching.

Might get shut out again here. Buff's by 14.

Gone Fishing
08-31-2014, 07:11 PM
Yeah Snot. Nelms / Smith just had ah,ah,ah,ah,I don't know...…,Lol. (T-shirts sold after 2011 SC YEAR- said - NELMS KNOWS. and he really did. ( does). The 1212 team had leftovers for sure ( 3 playing college now) but many young players and after a slow start still .went two or three deep in playoffs. Weather ford 6A. Won their first game of the season this week and they have only won one game in the last two years. Hum !!! Nelms BUT , Dick Smith too, are the Real Deal.
Our district is weak and every body makes the playoffs but WT's will not go deep and they better play hard to even make it. ........

Snotbubbles
08-31-2014, 07:25 PM
I hope WT never lowers their standards to just making the playoffs, is good enough. Hell, Sam Houston can do that. LOL. Not the same, not being able to see the Texans playing around the holidays late in the fall. Just visiting Wimberley last couple years, not the same at businesses either. Something needs changing though. Just not happening.

bag-o-chips
08-31-2014, 07:27 PM
Our district is weak but I guarantee that Navarro will show up. Ask 5a Medina valley . 0 first downs and -1 yd offense in the second half. I hope Wimberley can right the ship.

tango
08-31-2014, 07:37 PM
Giddings!

Snotbubbles
08-31-2014, 08:02 PM
Our district is weak but I guarantee that Navarro will show up. Ask 5a Medina valley . 0 first downs and -1 yd offense in the second half. I hope Wimberley can right the ship.

Why do posters always have to put a higher classification number, by the cup cake they just beat. 5A MV. When ya thump 3A Luling or Comfort, or even worse, TAPPS St. Michaels, --will ya note that. It's like ya did something special against those Lockheart, Victoria North and South softies. Hell, play Calhoun, Calallen or Tivy. Surely these 5A creme puff's were not the only ones available.

LV_Bearfan
08-31-2014, 09:08 PM
I remember WT starting slow under Nelms more than once. I remember that year when your QB got hurt and you guys lost the first three games. It didn't seem like you guys had the athletes for the system. That's what one of you guys on this board was wondering. Then they caught fire. District play against a few lesser teams helped them get their feet under them. With the exception of Navarro and perhaps a surprise team, the Texans should get just that. I just think this WT team needs something positive to happen. There were times that they showed that fire Friday night, and they layed some impressive licks on some pretty stout kids early in the game. I agree that the matchup was not a good one at this stage of the season, but LV has been on the wrong side of this game plenty of times also and turned it around later. This thing goes in cycles, but our up ticks have never been quite as good as yours (two SC s). I am really curious to see how both teams do this week. We play one of the best offenses in the state. We've never held them under 50. We 're about to find out how good that D is.

Tejastrue
08-31-2014, 10:23 PM
Thanks...Good post.

1st and goal
09-01-2014, 02:52 PM
It sounds like the Buff's D really stepped up in the 2nd half to Gonzales. I'm sure that this game will be a slobberknocker. WT usually brings some big corn fed boys to the table. That being stated, I'll go with the Buffs and the home field by 10 points.

buff4ever
09-02-2014, 11:59 AM
I say the buffs get win two here with a two score victory.

LV_Bearfan
09-02-2014, 01:25 PM
Thanks bear fan and y'all are really good. Defense great. And I mean great. And I know great! My kids and I were here for both SC teams at WT and I watched all years since 2000. Y'all get some of your O in gear and I see y'all coming out of R4 IMO. I don't know about WT right now I am going to stay low. But frankly we have no offense. I have never seen Wimberley shut out in my time here. I'm new to that!!! Very dissatisfied in our progress since Nelms and Dick Smith departure.

Thanks. That means a lot. The next four weeks will be great work for the Bears. Good luck to the Texans.

Cam
09-02-2014, 04:07 PM
I say the buffs get win two here with a two score victory.

...I'd say three scores if you finished paintin' that buffalo!!.....:D

GobblersUnite
09-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Buffs by 17...it seems they are in mid season form.

Tejastrue
09-02-2014, 07:02 PM
I think the Texans will bounce back in a big way...21-14.

buff4ever
09-03-2014, 11:09 AM
...I'd say three scores if you finished paintin' that buffalo!!.....:D

You are always hating on my paint job. When was the last time you saw it?

speedbump
09-03-2014, 02:09 PM

Don't let the criticism get to you. Painting things like that can be a chore. I tried to paint a chicken once but gave up. It kept running by me in the same direction and I never did get the other side done.

buff4ever
09-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Don't let the criticism get to you. Painting things like that can be a chore. I tried to paint a chicken once but gave up. It kept running by me in the same direction and I never did get the other side done.

I am a much better painter than you then. I would have cut that chickens head off to finish the job.

I still say buffs win this one.

speedbump
09-04-2014, 10:07 AM
I am a much better painter than you then. I would have cut that chickens head off to finish the job.

I still say buffs win this one.

That's kinda taking artistic license to the limit. Of course that also eliminates the probability that you're a starving artist. Save them chicken feet though. You can make big bucks selling them to one of the Ricebird opponents to go along with all the bead rattling and chants while they try to put a hex on the birds.

The buffs will fair better than that chicken. Buffs go to 2-0.

region4fan
09-04-2014, 05:09 PM
to close to call for me.

Tejastrue
09-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Come on Wimberley fans. Show some support!! Go Texans!!

1st and goal
09-05-2014, 07:56 AM
Buffs are going to have to stop that Lambert. He seems to have been hampered by injuries in some of our past outings. I know if he's healthy, he's a force. Time to step up Buffalo D!!!

Has Lambert been on varsity since he was a frosh?

LV_Bearfan
09-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Buffs are going to have to stop that Lambert. He seems to have been hampered by injuries in some of our past outings. I know if he's healthy, he's a force. Time to step up Buffalo D!!!

Who was the kid that you guys threw the screen pass to right at the end of the first half last week? That guy is a beast. I was afraid he was going to score from about 60 yards out. I missed his number. If that was Lambert, then Giddings best not let that boy get a head of steam built up. Here's the deal, I think LV hit guys behind the line or at the line all night. If WT can get their guys free in space, the O will have a completely different game this week. The screen game seemed to be the key, and if WT can get some big plays early, it will take some aggressiveness out of the D. I'm sticking with WT in this one even though I know it's not the popular pick. On D, I saw some things I really liked from WT even in a loss.

LV_Bearfan
09-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Who was the kid that you guys threw the screen pass to right at the end of the first half last week? That guy is a beast. I was afraid he was going to score from about 60 yards out. I missed his number. If that was Lambert, then Giddings best not let that boy get a head of steam built up. Here's the deal, I think LV hit guys behind the line or at the line all night. If WT can get their guys free in space, the O will have a completely different game this week. The screen game seemed to be the key, and if WT can get some big plays early, it will take some aggressiveness out of the D. I'm sticking with WT in this one even though I know it's not the popular pick. On D, I saw some things I really liked from WT even in a loss.

Sorry. The above question was meant for the WT people. I realize now that I responded to a Giddings poster. Good luck to both teams.

Gone Fishing
09-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Come on Wimberley fans. Show some support!! Go Texans!!

I guessing the Texans found some points this week in practice! If they can get half as many turn overs as they got last week and get rid of their own then I can see WT's squeezing out a close one. Need a few of those senior boys to step up in the leadership roll , starting tonight.

Cam
09-05-2014, 02:28 PM

to be honest...a couple of years back when ya'll whipped us!!....

greendawg84
09-05-2014, 02:48 PM
buff4ever , maybe you could get Cam to give you a hand with the new paint job ??? I know you could bribe him with some of that BBQ you guys have over there !

1st and goal
09-05-2014, 04:09 PM
OH NO, our BBQ is crappy. Y'all go to Franklin's in Austin with the rest of the crowd. Don't want our locals crowded. :)

1st and goal
09-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Drive safe all you Texan fans.

Tejastrue
09-05-2014, 06:17 PM

Yes, that was "Bull" Lambert as I like to call him (32) and he did play some in Wimberley's SC game as a Frosh in 2011.

LV_Bearfan
09-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Great game! I think R4 DII has a couple of good contenders in WT and Giddings that will give the D15 teams a good run for the region by season's end.

LV_Bearfan
09-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Congrats to Giddings on the win btw! You guys beat a good team this week.

buff4ever
09-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Our boys played all the way to the end. Not showing any quit. Happy to be at 2 and 0 right now. Wimberley is going to be fine is my prediction.

zebrablue2
09-06-2014, 12:40 AM
34-31 Buffs, what a great Texas High School football classic. Two well coached schools going head to head, both will have very good seasons.

1st and goal
09-06-2014, 07:54 AM
I believe the Texans controlled the line of scrimmage on most of the plays. They shot themselves in the foot with turnovers that the Buffs were able to take advantage of. The Buffs key mistakes were penalties, some of which could be argued if game film was available. Buffs ran between the tackles too often IMO, with limited success. Running around the end, and a reverse were some of their best gainers, but not ran often enough. I guess the coach was holding back, sticking with vanilla game plan.

Great to see them stick it out until the end. Scoring on the last drive with a minute something on the clock for the go ahead score. I saw some great plays on both sides of the ball.

Wimberley will fair well this year.

Tejastrue
09-06-2014, 11:11 AM
Stats reflect the closeness of the ballgame. Tough way for the Texans to lose. OL play was much better but the D still needs some tweaking. Dang turnovers.

Congrats to Giddings on the win. The rb Hickey is a good one.

http://teamplayer.statesman.com/web/home.php?site=default&tpl=Boxscore&mkt=&ID=13489&Season=2014