PDA

View Full Version : Week 2-Needville (0-1) at Wharton (0-1)

Scoop27
08-30-2014, 10:49 PM
Will the Tigers bounce back to beat the Jays after their 33-20 loss to Cuero?
The Jays are coming off a 35-7 loss to Class 3A Hempstead
I expect a low scoring game with Tigers winning by at least three touchdowns

Webcast
www.96country.com

YTBulldogs
08-30-2014, 11:37 PM
Wharton 44-7.

Scoop27
09-02-2014, 07:46 PM
The Tigers should bounce back from the loss to Cuero

maestro
09-02-2014, 08:18 PM
The Tigers should bounce back from the loss to Cuero

Careful there scoop

You are answering your own questions.

tango
09-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Wharton will win this one big.

Jayfan1
09-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Jays need to eliminate the turnovers. Had a rough time against Hempstead.

Scoop27
09-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Webcast
http://www.96country.com/

maestro
09-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Jayfan1

Where did the Coaches Blank end up?

Also, what Offense are the Jays running this year?

Wharton scores early and often in this one but....it's a rivalry game for Needville so they will play hard.

OLE'BULL
09-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Jayfan 1, also, what is Coach Valentine doing now? Is he not coaching anymore? I heard Chancellor tried to hire him at Edna when he took the HC job there this year and Valentine turned him down for personal reasons. I know they get along and they were a GREAT 1-2 punch here in Bellville while I played. Valentine ran the Defense for the Brahmas and is one of the best coaches I ever had. I hated to hear it when he got let go, but I could have called it. Needville is a tough place to win.

Saggy Aggie
09-04-2014, 02:16 PM
careful there scoop

you are answering your own questions.

lol....

Jayfan1
09-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Mike Blank at Strake Jesuit --- D line coach
Donald Blank at Ridge Point --- not sure what he's coaching
Brian Blank in North Texas someplace at a small school
Coach V---- Needville Middle School AP

Jays run the spread offense like Baylor. Going for the up tempo style to catch defenses off guard.

OLE'BULL
09-04-2014, 03:27 PM

Jays run the spread offense like Baylor. Going for the up tempo style to catch defenses off guard.

Know anything about V's future? Is he done w/ coaching?

Jayfan1
09-04-2014, 03:49 PM
No, don't know much more about Valentine other than AP job. This is his first full year to be AP. I guess if you are going to be an administrator, Middle School is a good place to start.

region4fan
09-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Wharton

Dub-C
09-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Wharton imposes their will.

maestro
09-05-2014, 05:33 AM

Thanks for the info

Donald Blank is a quality coach that gave Needville's basketball program a chance to win most games they played.

And he is ego free, very professional guy. Good luck to him.

YTBulldogs
09-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the info

Donald Blank is a quality coach that gave Needville's basketball program a chance to win most games they played.

And he is ego free, very professional guy. Good luck to him.

Wharton goes to .500 on the season here.

Pudlugger
09-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Wharton goes to .500 on the season here.

Yep. Sadly Needville is in a huge slump.

BB BULLS
09-05-2014, 11:33 AM
where is Wharton Tiger?

Weebe
09-05-2014, 10:12 PM
So Wharton beats Needville 85-0.

Chicken **** on the part of the Wharton coaches.

I hope El Campo shoves it up their ass this year.

region4fan
09-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Damn, the waterboy got some touches too!!!

Crow22
09-05-2014, 10:33 PM

85-0. Well at least that new up tempo offense is more exciting!!!!

Saggy Aggie
09-05-2014, 10:35 PM
85-0. Well at least that new up tempo offense is more exciting!!!!

LOL, I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it

Saggy Aggie
09-06-2014, 12:09 AM

Looking at the box score, wharton's last 4 TDs were as follows:

Backup RB TD
Backup RB TD
80+ yd Punt return TD
30 yd fumble return TD (which for some reason, their starting qb threw for a 2 pt conversion) to make it 85 instead of 84..?

Wharton scored their last point with 5:30 to go in the game.

maestro
09-06-2014, 05:22 AM
Would like to know Needville's spin on this.

Yes, it would appear that needville is just this bad. Wharton scoring on special teams, int, fumbles, etc.

Why no running clock agreement?

duckhunter
09-06-2014, 07:18 AM
It's not running up the score when you're as bad as needville is. What do you want the other team to do? Score the only td they need in the first quarter then kneel on the ball for the rest of their possessions?

Weebe
09-06-2014, 08:50 AM
It's fine. Wharton has been that bad before. They will be again.

As for this year, I'm hoping El Campo keeps it's foot on the gas the entire game.

speedbump
09-06-2014, 10:10 AM
It's not running up the score when you're as bad as needville is. What do you want the other team to do? Score the only td they need in the first quarter then kneel on the ball for the rest of their possessions?

It was 71 - 0 when Dontre Elliot ran the punt back in the fourth quarter. What was he even doing on the field after the middle of the third?

Saggy Aggie
09-06-2014, 10:31 AM
I just wanna know why wharton's starting qb threw a 2 pt conversion pass after the last TD? Atleast that's what the chronicle box score said....

WhartonTigers
09-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Lol thats funny, too bad the starters were taken out...all except for the QB...I believe our soph rb's finished the game....Elliott ran a punt back because he is the 2nd string put returner, is he suppose to just catch it and fall?

WhartonTigers
09-06-2014, 02:21 PM
It's fine. Wharton has been that bad before. They will be again.

As for this year, I'm hoping El Campo keeps it's foot on the gas the entire game.

Weebe wharton has NEVER been that terrible and NEVER will. No team ever has beat us that bad....

Slyone
09-06-2014, 02:29 PM
It was a bad snap on the PAT so Krenek jumped up and threw for the conversion. That was on that last 2 point conversion

WhartonTigers
09-06-2014, 02:36 PM
These guys are simply going off the score and wasnt even at the game to know that wharton slowed down, needville had already given up....

Weebe
09-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Weebe wharton has NEVER been that terrible and NEVER will. No team ever has beat us that bad....

Or maybe the opposing coaches have had too much class to run up the score.

There have been several years when El Campo could have hung 70 on Wharton.

1stnurseryman
09-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Or maybe the opposing coaches have had too much class to run up the score.

There have been several years when El Campo could have hung 70 on Wharton.

Speaking of 70...wasn't that long ago y'all had 70 hung on y'all
Just saying

maestro
09-06-2014, 06:09 PM
It was a bad snap on the PAT so Krenek jumped up and threw for the conversion. That was on that last 2 point conversion

Thanks for the explanation. Knew Coach Finn was better than that.

maestro
09-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Again,
Why no running clock?
Needville needs to find a way to run the ball, move the chains, get that clock moving.

Saggy Aggie
09-06-2014, 07:22 PM

Makes sense, though I would've taken a knee in that situation

Weebe
09-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Speaking of 70...wasn't that long ago y'all had 70 hung on y'all
Just saying

Lol...Cuero wouldn't consider playing El Campo.

Manso/V8
09-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Makes sense, though I would've taken a knee in that situation
Sure you would have.......

1stnurseryman
09-06-2014, 09:23 PM

Wow that was weak... Look at my past text I told you y'all were 1 and done in 3a guess I was right.

WhartonTigers
09-07-2014, 06:43 AM

It would be a waste if time, Hopkins would murder that defense.....

speedbump
09-07-2014, 07:13 AM

Like Whartons speed was going to do last year?

Weebe
09-07-2014, 08:23 AM

We would beat Cuero by two TD's this year. We'll beat Wharton by 3.

We would go to the semifinals this year if we had the benefit of being placed in region IV again. Can't say the same thing in Region III with Navasota, Kilgore and Carthage.

Weebe
09-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Like Whartons speed was going to do last year?

You mean their best team in 30 years that we held to under 100 yards of offense?

In the last 25 meetings, Wharton has beaten El Campo twice. Pretty embarrassing.

WhartonTigers
09-07-2014, 02:16 PM
You mean their best team in 30 years that we held to under 100 yards of offense?

In the last 25 meetings, Wharton has beaten El Campo twice. Pretty embarrassing.

Lol you are right, we will see this year what happens...but as far as regions you lost 1st round in region 4...you guys havent one a playoff game since going to state. I don't see why this year would be any different.

tango
09-07-2014, 02:28 PM

We would go to the semifinals this year if we had the benefit of being placed in region IV again. Can't say the same thing in Region III with Navasota, Kilgore and Carthage.

Really!? Based on what? Ok, I don't post on here much but here is my take on polls and would and would've. This is highschool sports and without the exposure of collage and pros there is no way any of us knows or sees all of these teams this early in the season so it boils down to homer postt, at least wait for a larger sample of performance before getting carried away. It's not just this thread.

Dub-C
09-07-2014, 02:41 PM

Sounds like El Campo has gotten WC beat already also.

bird_fan
09-07-2014, 11:00 PM
\
Mr Tiger is would be careful saying NEVER will Ive seen many a person say thing like that and i did happen no body can really for sure claim that. It may not happen in your lifetime but It could happen. It could happen to EC (Im sure you love to see that as your post give me the ideal your a real Ricebird hater).
I will point out that one time Bay Citys coacdh Ron Mills said Bay City would never field a weak or losing team again and after that he had 3 losing season at BC when he left BC is was after 2 straight sub 500 seasons. and look at the Black Cats today. So dont think it would never happen

Jayfan1
09-08-2014, 07:27 AM
I knew Wharton was good and going to put it on Needville, but WOW!! What in the world has happened to Needville since Roark left?

Saggy Aggie
09-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Sure you would have.......

Yeah, you're right. Maybe I just wouldn't have had my starting qb in up 83-0

cards4me
09-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Yeah, you're right. Maybe I just wouldn't have had my starting qb in up 83-0

When you score 85 on anybody it does not look good. The score was 49 -0 at the half. Wharton came out after the half and scored again. Which you should do in that situation. The back up QB went in at that point and other changes were made. They scored on a busted play (fumbled snap). Wharton ran back a couple of punts were the returner ran all over the field and scored. More changes were made at QB and a freshman RB was in the game. Wharton looked like they only have about 30 players on the team. I think the only thing Wharton could have done to stop scoring was to take a knee on offense and punt on 3rd down. That sometimes causes more hard feelings than scoring.The game looked like a flag football game and one team had the best athlete and no one could take his flag It was a bad situation no matter what. Needville has taken a step back after showing some improvement last year. I hope it gets better for them soon. They are going to play teams better than Wharton In the district they play in.

speedbump
09-08-2014, 09:22 AM
When you score 85 on anybody it does not look good. I hope it gets better for them soon. They are going to play teams better than Wharton In the district they play in.

It will be interesting to see how many of those better than Wharton teams put 85 on the board.

Weebe
09-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Sounds like El Campo has gotten WC beat already also.

I think WC and Stafford will be tough games.