PDA

View Full Version : Carthage Loss

ronwx5x
08-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Unless I missed it, not a mention of the 52-20 Hallsville win over the Dawgs. Wow!

cougartino
08-30-2014, 09:17 AM
Dawgs will be in the mix come crunch time.

Bosqueville
08-30-2014, 09:17 AM
That's shocking!

Snotbubbles
08-30-2014, 09:27 AM
I agree. This is one of the biggest upset's in state. 5A, 6A, they can't lay a egg against Hallsville.

buckeyebob
08-30-2014, 09:40 AM
Not shocking at all...Carthage is terrible early...unfortunately, we never get 'em early...it is strange how a train wreck turns into a sleek locomotive...they will be fine, perhaps not as fine as last year, but none the less.

Eagleborn
08-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Two of Carthage's state championship teams started the season off with a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saggy Aggie
08-30-2014, 10:27 AM
I'm not concerned at all for Carthage. Surratt will have them ready come playoff time

ctown81
08-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Buckeye you're right. Not a big deal here In Carthage. 2-3 preseason record would not surprise me. Our schedule is brutal. Now if yall blow us out so close to district, then I got the panic button.

poisoned10
08-30-2014, 07:57 PM
18 players got their 1st start on varsity last night. I somewhat expected this. Maybe not quite as bad as it was but some growing pains is to be expected when you have that many starters to replace. They will be good come district and when the playoffs roll around they will be rolling.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Dawgs
08-30-2014, 08:10 PM
I hope all you guys are right. I just don't know how high our cieling is this year. We hardly have any seniors. I know one thing we better get quick in a hurry, cause our schedule is brutal. All Dawg fans were concerned this year, and this proved the concern. Hopefully we will continue to get better. Because I would hate to see us to into week 5 playing like we did last night. I'm Surratt we trust!

Aesculus gilmus
08-30-2014, 08:34 PM
It's probably going to be at least as good as the young team that nearly beat Argyle in 2011 in spite of its inexperience.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/football-news/headlines/20111125-regional-semifinal-roundup-missed-pat-costs-carthage-in-35-34-double-ot-loss-to-argyle.ece

Dawgs
08-31-2014, 08:41 AM
It's probably going to be at least as good as the young team that nearly beat Argyle in 2011 in spite of its inexperience.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/football-news/headlines/20111125-regional-semifinal-roundup-missed-pat-costs-carthage-in-35-34-double-ot-loss-to-argyle.ece

Thank you that makes me feel better! I have no doubt we will get better, and another year like 2011 will be fun. Heck with Scott Surratt we might win state again, who really knows. I will say one thing about 2011 is we had a player named Ed Pope who is catching touchdowns at A&M. We don't have a player like that this year. He gelled that young squad. It's going to be fun seeing who steps up. I do know Surratt will find the places to put everybody during the first 5 games. The number one thing is that we don't get you freakin Buckeyes at our best! I'm not at all conceding the game or anything, but it will definitely be an uphill battle. I'm serious when I say that...that's the respect we ETX fans have for Gilmer. Obviously besides a state championship game, would rather see Carthage play Gilmer than any other game. Just below the state championship, is the ETX championship...that's means more to us than any other trophy besides the big one. To prove we are the best program in ETX you have to play the best programs on a consistent basis. I think this game should happen every year. Along with both schools plying Kilgore.

buckeyebob
08-31-2014, 08:46 AM
Buckeye you're right. Not a big deal here In Carthage. 2-3 preseason record would not surprise me. Our schedule is brutal. Now if yall blow us out so close to district, then I got the panic button.

You need to prepare yourself...that is all.

buckeyebob
08-31-2014, 08:50 AM
Thank you that makes me feel better! I have no doubt we will get better, and another year like 2011 will be fun. Heck with Scott Surratt we might win state again, who really knows. I will say one thing about 2011 is we had a player named Ed Pope who is catching touchdowns at A&M. We don't have a player like that this year. He gelled that young squad. It's going to be fun seeing who steps up. I do know Surratt will find the places to put everybody during the first 5 games. The number one thing is that we don't get you freakin Buckeyes at our best! I'm not at all conceding the game or anything, but it will definitely be an uphill battle. I'm serious when I say that...that's the respect we ETX fans have for Gilmer. Obviously besides a state championship game, would rather see Carthage play Gilmer than any other game. Just below the state championship, is the ETX championship...that's means more to us than any other trophy besides the big one. To prove we are the best program in ETX you have to play the best programs on a consistent basis. I think this game should happen every year. Along with both schools plying Kilgore.

We could not get the commit from Kilgore...little Div 2 team isn't worthy. But, this year we have two certified "Ed Popes", Kris Boyd (many offers 21 at last count) & Blake Lynch (verbal SMU)...both very smart & Savvy Seniors. There are a large group that could join them by year end...it appears to be a Homer's Dream Ream...may be wrong, early & injuries is always an issue & they are teenagers.

Dawgs
08-31-2014, 08:53 AM
Not shocking at all...Carthage is terrible early...unfortunately, we never get 'em early...it is strange how a train wreck turns into a sleek locomotive...they will be fine, perhaps not as fine as last year, but none the less.

Bob, you know Carthage well. It's a funny thing being a fan at Carthage. It's painful watching us early, but it sure is fun late in the season. I had kinda even forgot about how we used to lose early.

Dawgs
08-31-2014, 09:03 AM
We could not get the commit from Kilgore...little Div 2 team isn't worthy. But, this year we have two certified "Ed Popes", Kris Boyd (many offers 21 at last count) & Blake Lynch (verbal SMU)...both very smart & Savvy Seniors. There are a large group that could join them by year end...it appears to be a Homer's Dream Ream...may be wrong, early & injuries is always an issue & they are teenagers.

Ed Pope was born and raised in Carthage Texas. So y'all have "one" in Gilmer too. Troup got lucky and got one, but...

2muchOffense
08-31-2014, 10:40 AM
Nah it's too early to be worried Carthage folks. The Ville looked a little off and we aren't starting 11 new players on offense. Honestly I don't know much about the 2014 Dawgs, but I suspect you will be in the mix at the end of the year. It's no fluke that the same teams are always there late in the season. So come late November we will still be reading forums about Navasoto, Kilgore, Carthage, Gilmer, Argyle, and Stephenville. Tradition never graduates!

poisoned10
08-31-2014, 06:36 PM

Blake is committed to Baylor, not SMU.

Sent from my Nexus 5

buckeyebob
09-01-2014, 06:51 AM
Blake is committed to Baylor, not SMU.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Wishful thinking...my bad