PDA

View Full Version : La Grange hosts Columbus

Pudlugger
08-30-2014, 12:32 AM
Can the Leps keep the momentum going and spoil Coach Valastros return to Leopard Stadium with his Columbus Cardinals? Always a tough rival, Columbus is coming off a convincing win over struggling Bay City and would like nothing more than to beat the Leps in their own house with their former coach leading the charge. I don't think it will happen. Leps by 14.

Pudlugger
08-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Where are the Columbus Cardinal posters? There were a few regulars last few years. Let's hear from C Town folks. What's ya got?

tango
08-30-2014, 05:36 PM
LG wins this one and will get some playing time for second stringers.

Not sure why it doesn't allow me to vote have asked through contact us but hear nothing. Anyone have any thoughts on why not able to vote on these polls?

Scoop27
08-30-2014, 06:40 PM
The Cards beat a weak Bay City team and defense play lights out. Have to go with the Leopards though

iFootball
08-30-2014, 10:13 PM
LaGrange rolls against the red birds

Necked
08-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Not sure why it doesn't allow me to vote have asked through contact us but hear nothing. Anyone have any thoughts on why not able to vote on these polls?

due to some abuse of the system. I think you need to reach a minimum number of posts, 100 I think it is...

the genious
08-30-2014, 10:43 PM
Columbus has some holes in their secondary and if they fix those this will be a game.. Columbus will have to keep any decent team under 20 to have a chance because their offense is predictable and not affective against a half way decent defense.. Would love to see Columbus win but think it's gonna take a few weeks for the offense to gel

tango
08-31-2014, 09:50 AM
due to some abuse of the system. I think you need to reach a minimum number of posts, 100 I think it is...

Thanks for feedback. I was once allowed to vote. I will wait for administrator to respond to my PMs, thought they would have responded within a weeks time.

YTBulldogs
08-31-2014, 12:39 PM
Lep's BIG, 55-13.

Pudlugger
08-31-2014, 12:52 PM
Lep's BIG, 55-13.

Thanks YT but I expect the Cardinal defense to be very stout. Coach Cothran is their D co-ordinator and he is one of the best. I'll be happy if the Leps get the win even if it is close. Last year it was 28-14 and I expect it to be a cat fight again this year. 21-7 Leps.

Pudlugger
09-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Hope the Leps don't get too complacent after the win over favored Liberty Hill. The Cardinals love to beat the Leps especially with a former Leopard Coach calling the plays and in our house. Inconsistency is often the hallmark of a young team and the Leps are young. Against LH the defense looked very tough stopping the running game and forcing the Panthers into the air which is not their strength. If the Leps can hold Columbus to less than 20 the offense should take care of business to get the win. This week the Fair is over and now it is time to focus on the job at hand...beat the Cardinals.

zebrablue2
09-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Leps by 20 plus!!!

Pudlugger
09-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Leps by 20 plus!!!

Hope so Zebra. Not much chatter here in LG. Most folks are taking a wait and see approach to this team being as they are so young. Our O line is showing some saltiness against a seasoned Liberty Hill front 4. Our defense had a shutout going until the last 4 minutes when the seconds were in. Hopefully as the season wears on we will see another winning team emerge and more folks from here will start commenting on this board. I always enjoy Game Face and of course the acerbic yet probing comments from Hook.

Scoop27
09-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Webcasts from both towns
Columbus
www.kulmradio.com

La Grange
http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/

BB BULLS
09-04-2014, 06:29 AM
i think the Leps will win but it will be closer than most people think

Pudlugger
09-04-2014, 07:16 AM
i think the Leps will win but it will be closer than most people think

You may be right BB those Cardinals always play hard against the Leps and now with former Coach V returning to Leopard Stadium you know they will be ready to rumble.

BB BULLS
09-04-2014, 07:26 AM
You may be right BB those Cardinals always play hard against the Leps and now with former Coach V returning to Leopard Stadium you know they will be ready to rumble.

how is the defense looking over there in Lep land?

Pudlugger
09-04-2014, 07:45 AM
how is the defense looking over there in Lep land?

The defense was pretty stingy against Liberty Hill holding them scoreless until the last few minutes when the second team gave up a long pass for the Panthers only score. Since the first scrimmage when El Campo moved the ball on the ground very effectively the D has improved remarkably. El Campo is the best offense we have seen thus far and I expect La Vernia will be very similar in strength. La Grange has the advantage in the speed department. I don't think many WRs will get behind Dobbins or Hutchison this year. Likewise theywill shut down the runs outside and force opponents to test the middle. Our offense is getting better as well and with some minor improvements here and there they should be one of the best in the region. We have a good new QB who will be very effective as he gains more confidence in his passing game. We have a solid receiver corp in Rigden and Dobbins and our kicking game with Rigden looks very good so far. Special teams play has been excellent as well.

duckhunter
09-04-2014, 12:43 PM
LG by a bundle

87 TIGER
09-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Leps baby!

Pudlugger
09-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Leps baby!

Hope so Tiger. Game day finally. Go Leps!

Pudlugger
09-05-2014, 11:26 PM
LG 29-6. The first half was vintage Valastro football with pounding the ball up the middle between tackles and controlling the clock. The Lep defense got a couple of stops in the first quarter but the offense sputtered dropping wide open passes and after a nice first down run got an unsportsmanlike penalty then a fumble on our own 12 yard line. That gave the Cardinals a short enough field to get into the endzone. The Leps then scored late in the 2nd on a long run by Dobbins #22 to the 1 followed by Hutchison in the EZ on a dive to go up 7-6 at halftime. Dobbins played quarterback alternating with Janda and in the 3rd it was all LG all the way to the end. The second and third teams got a half quarter of playing time and held the Cardinals scoreless. It was really two games tonight. The Lep first half was dull and listless while the Lep second half was sharp and exciting. They better put it all together for 48 minutes next week against La Vernia in Leopard Stadium or the Bears will hang a lose on them.

buff4ever
09-05-2014, 11:54 PM
LG expectedly outlasted them.

Pudlugger
09-06-2014, 08:13 AM
LG expectedly outlasted them.

The Leps played rope a dope and took the best that Columbus had to offer for the first 16 minutes getting only two offensive series and no first downs and allowing the Cardinals to run the ball for over 12 minutes. During this time our defense bent but did not break allowing only one td on a short field (12 yard line fumble recovery). That woke up our offense and they scored on the following possession to go up 7-6. I don't know what Coach Kates said to the boys at the half but those boys looked entirely stoked in the second half. Most interesting thing was the debut of #22 sophomore Dobbins at Qb. He alternately ran the Qb keeper and handed off to Hutchison effectively keeping the defense off guard. He threw a very nice twenty yard td pass to #10 Rigden as well. He is an exciting athlete to watch and adds another dimension to our offense. Our regular Qb Janda had a good game as well and with #22 rotating in the Lep offense will be very difficult to defense. Our next game with La Vernia at home will be another big test for the Leopards. Our first team defense has only given up 6 points in two games so far and they will have their hands full against the stout LV Bears' offense Friday.
lete