PDA

View Full Version : Burnet @ Marble Falls

Cam
08-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Always a battle no matter the talent level on either side...the rivalry isn't as nasty as I hear it used to be....now a days, kids from both towns are pretty friendly with each other...but friendships will still go out the door for a few hours tomorrow...Greendawg will probably be the only one who will be trying to stir things up with a school official or Marble resident!!!...

http://www.dailytrib.com/2014/08/28/burnet-marble-falls-football-ready-battle-burnet-county/

slingshot
08-28-2014, 12:31 PM
This one used to be a slobberknocker... two towns and kids that really did not like each other.

greendawg84
08-28-2014, 01:14 PM
This one used to be a slobberknocker... two towns and kids that really did not like each other.

We still dont like each other , we just hate LH more than MF now days .

If you do go to this game DO NOT sit or stand near Cam . The boy will anger the mean arse school lady then run off leaving you holding the bag !

Cam
08-28-2014, 01:22 PM

were you from this area sling? Did you hear about the horse head incident?

Marble Falls folks still look at Burnet as the step-child town next door....

Marble has a Wal-Mart....Burnet has a Dollar Store
Marble has a Lowe's & Home Depot....Burnet has Hoover's Hardware (no offence Mr. Hoover..it's a fine store)
Marble has an 8 screen theater....Burnet has a Red Box!
Marble has game show host Chuck Woolery, movie director Robert Rodriguez, and John Travolta with residences there......Burnet has Cam & Greendawg!...:doh:
Marble has the annual speed boat races.....Burnet has used boats for sale!
Marble has a Chicken Express....oh wait, Burnet has one too!
Marble has a Tractor Supply....Burnet just has tractors....
Marble has a Sonic, Whataburger, and Dairy Queen......so does Burnet....but we got Storms!!:taunt:
...the list is endless.....

+

lv2937
08-28-2014, 02:22 PM
Cam, Marble has a Storms also. The people you named do not live in Marble Falls. They have homes in Horseshoe Bay. I still like living in Burnet. Would not live in Marble Falls.

refereedoc
08-28-2014, 02:26 PM

Marble Falls folks still look at Burnet as the step-child town next door....

Marble has a Wal-Mart....Burnet has a Dollar Store
Marble has a Lowe's & Home Depot....Burnet has Hoover's Hardware (no offence Mr. Hoover..it's a fine store)
Marble has an 8 screen theater....Burnet has a Red Box!
Marble has game show host Chuck Woolery, movie director Robert Rodriguez, and John Travolta with residences there......Burnet has Cam & Greendawg!...:doh:
Marble has the annual speed boat races.....Burnet has used boats for sale!
Marble has a Chicken Express....oh wait, Burnet has one too!
Marble has a Tractor Supply....Burnet just has tractors....
Marble has a Sonic, Whataburger, and Dairy Queen......so does Burnet....but we got Storms!!:taunt:
...the list is endless.....

+

Cam, MB has the Blue Bonnet Cafe :), but the traffic sucks.

slingshot
08-28-2014, 02:54 PM

Marble Falls folks still look at Burnet as the step-child town next door....I grew up in San Saba--when I was in high school our district was Burnet, Brady, Llano, Marble Falls and San Saba. Not a lot of love between any of the teams. What is this 'horse head' story?

Cam
08-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Cam, Marble has a Storms also. The people you named do not live in Marble Falls. They have homes in Horseshoe Bay. I still like living in Burnet. Would not live in Marble Falls.

oh crap they have a storms?.....I had no idea.....don't much venture to Marble that much.....Horseshoe Bay to me same as Marble....don't their kids go to Marble schools?...IDK......I'm like you, I like living in Burnet!....

Cam
08-28-2014, 03:57 PM
I grew up in San Saba--when I was in high school our district was Burnet, Brady, Llano, Marble Falls and San Saba. Not a lot of love between any of the teams. What is this 'horse head' story?

Well, it was before my time in Burnet....but something about someone hanging a dead horse head at Marble Falls high school..or something like that...Greendawg could probably tell the story better than I can....in fact, he may have even been involved!!!.....:eek:

Cam
08-28-2014, 04:00 PM
Cam, MB has the Blue Bonnet Cafe :), but the traffic sucks.

ref rubbin' it in!....I like the Blue Bonnet.....and you're right, the traffic has become horrible over there!.....

lv2937
08-28-2014, 05:21 PM
Well, it was before my time in Burnet....but something about someone hanging a dead horse head at Marble Falls high school..or something like that...Greendawg could probably tell the story better than I can....in fact, he may have even been involved!!!.....:eek:the next time your in the Mexican, have the owner tell you about the horse head. He wasn't involved in it bit we are both related to someone that was. Storms in Marble is across from HEB, where Sonic use to be.

greendawg84
08-29-2014, 08:02 AM
Well, it was before my time in Burnet....but something about someone hanging a dead horse head at Marble Falls high school..or something like that...Greendawg could probably tell the story better than I can....in fact, he may have even been involved!!!.....:eek:

I was NOT involved , I do know the guilty but I was only a Freshman when it happened !

panfan
08-29-2014, 08:11 AM
We still dont like each other , we just hate LH more than MF now days .

If you do go to this game DO NOT sit or stand near Cam . The boy will anger the mean arse school lady then run off leaving you holding the bag !

Gdawg - hate is such a strong word. Why you wanna be so rude?

greendawg84
08-29-2014, 08:11 AM
I grew up in San Saba--when I was in high school our district was Burnet, Brady, Llano, Marble Falls and San Saba. Not a lot of love between any of the teams. What is this 'horse head' story?

Short version . Horse passed away at one of the Vets clinic. Head was removed painted green and run up the flag pole at MF High School . Times were different back then , just think what would happen to kids now days if they did something like that ! I was on the Freshman team and when we walked out onto the field there was not a whisper to be heard during the whole warm up they just glared at us . Was a little bit eerie . If I remember correctly they whooped all 3 teams . LOL

panfan
08-29-2014, 08:45 AM
Short version . Horse passed away at one of the Vets clinic. Head was removed painted green and run up the flag pole at MF High School . Times were different back then , just think what would happen to kids now days if they did something like that ! I was on the Freshman team and when we walked out onto the field there was not a whisper to be heard during the whole warm up they just glared at us . Was a little bit eerie . If I remember correctly they whooped all 3 teams . LOL

Someone needs to make a paper mache horse head, paint it green, with some blood splatter for effect and run it up the MF flag pole for old time sake. Ought to get a rise out of them. I can see it now, a bunch of old fat guys running from the law.....

greendawg84
08-29-2014, 08:52 AM
Gdawg - hate is such a strong word. Why you wanna be so rude?

Your right panfan , we dislike purple a whole lot ..... forgot we live in such a PC world today ! :helpme: LOL

greendawg84
08-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Someone needs to make a paper mache horse head, paint it green, with some blood splatter for effect and run it up the MF flag pole for old time sake. Ought to get a rise out of them. I can see it now, a bunch of old fat guys running from the law.....

Cam is slim , tall and built for speed , I on the other hand have a low center of gravity . ( PC correct for panfan ) Therefore he would outrun me and leave me holding the bag again . ( Or horse head in this case ) So I am out on this deal ! That boy already hung me out to dry once in MF and it aint gonna happen again ! ;)

buff4ever
08-29-2014, 09:13 AM
I got the dogs over the horses in this one. Cam, stay on the green side of the stadium please. We need you to be able to access a computer next week.

Cam
08-29-2014, 01:53 PM
I got the dogs over the horses in this one. Cam, stay on the green side of the stadium please. We need you to be able to access a computer next week.

don't you worry buff....unfortunately I'll be here.....

Bulldogs going for the clean sweep tonight!

Burnet Freshmen B - 12 Marble Falls B - 0
Burnet Freshmen A - 24 Marble Falls A - 6
Burnet JV - 20 Marble Falls JV - 6

OK, I'm going back into hiding now....been a rough two days...doc thinks I'm battling another kidney stone!....dang!....it's been over a year since my last one......:bigcry:

Cam
08-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Whew!....like my older son said, "that was the most stressful game I've ever seen!"...he was dying to put the pads on again and jump on the field!.....with a 45-17 Burnet lead late in the game, and Marble Falls fans leaving the stands in droves, this was a perfect example of what you get when two rival towns get together!....probably the craziest game in the entire state last night!

http://www.dailytrib.com/2014/08/30/burnet-hangs-51-45-ot-win-marble-falls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOM6AmsZVu8&feature=youtu.be

Cam
08-30-2014, 02:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drRrMfb6y9Q&feature=youtu.be

Cam
08-30-2014, 02:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xzE7raXZXQ&feature=youtu.be

Cam
08-30-2014, 02:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsrS0G4k70w&feature=youtu.be

Cam
08-30-2014, 03:00 PM
Junior LB Cullen Ferrill "Hog" is just plain fun to watch!...Young man was all over the field.....Nice motor that kid has.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T24XTBNlVRw&feature=youtu.be

Cam
08-30-2014, 03:03 PM
As with last night's win, the 2014 SWEEP is complete!!

Burnet Varsity - 51 Marble Falls - 45

Back to work for Burnet!...they have some things to work on to continue to improve.....

refereedoc
08-30-2014, 03:53 PM
As with last night's win, the 2014 SWEEP is complete!!

Burnet Varsity - 51 Marble Falls - 45

Back to work for Burnet!...they have some things to work on to continue to improve.....

Wow , what a crazy game. Always enjoy seeing those clips. Hope you give birth to that stone quickly. Ehhhhhh