PDA

View Full Version : What's worse......

panfan
08-27-2014, 09:16 AM
We are talking noise. So what's the most annoying: cowbells, cans filled with who knows what, or rabid pack of bubba mama's and grandmas yelling, hooting, and hollering " kill em jr."?

refereedoc
08-27-2014, 09:19 AM
VuVuzuelas, but then we are partial to cans filled with ball bearings.:crazy1:

D'Highlander
08-27-2014, 09:25 AM

This ^^

And an opponent's band playing the same tune after every first down when your team cant make a stop.

cougartino
08-27-2014, 09:26 AM

I'm the vuvuzela king in La Marque! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMQ4SyUGqO0 5:54 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEAtrfWfRu4 7:00 mark

greendawg84
08-27-2014, 09:30 AM
Cowbells or having to sit next to the band take your pick .

panfan
08-27-2014, 09:36 AM

Good one - haven't had the pleasure of those bursting my ear drums (VuVuze... whatever).

After a couple of years of cowbells and/or a snaggled toothed grandma hollerin "get em, kill em" the whole game. I have come to the conclusion the cowbell is an ancient roman games torture device that causes madness when continually rung in ones' ear.

coach
08-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Good one - haven't had the pleasure of those bursting my ear drums (VuVuze... whatever).

After a couple of years of cowbells and/or a snaggled toothed grandma hollerin "get em, kill em" the whole game. I have come to the conclusion the cowbell is an ancient roman games torture device that causes madness when continually rung in ones' ear.

The most annoying part of high school football is how long the halftimes are

hollywood
08-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Good topic panfan! noise makers aren't annoying to me unless I'm too close. The cans Sville has sound awesome when on the opposite side or the opposite end from where you're sitting. Vavuzuelas I like. I like soccer though. Most probably don't on this forum. :D

Most annoying is hearing parents, grandmaws and paws, or random fans yelling constantly at the refs or coaches... like they can hear them or something! Very annoying!

Example: The father of the RB in the movie "When The Game Stands Tall". Total idiot. There are dads, moms and fans like him at real games.

caleb_mccaig
08-27-2014, 10:22 AM
Good topic panfan! noise makers aren't annoying to me unless I'm too close. The cans Sville has sound awesome when on the opposite side or the opposite end from where you're sitting. Vavuzuelas I like. I like soccer though. Most probably don't on this forum. :D

Most annoying is hearing parents, grandmaws and paws, or random fans yelling constantly at the refs or coaches... like they can hear them or something! Very annoying!

Example: The father of the RB in the movie "When The Game Stands Tall". Total idiot. There are dads, moms and fans like him at real games.

Agreed. There is nothing I hate more than when parents argue/yell at refs when it was a clear flag or foul in any sport.

D'Highlander
08-27-2014, 10:23 AM
The most annoying part of high school football is how long the halftimes are

But the Bands!!! We have to have time for the Bands!!!

OldBison75
08-27-2014, 10:32 AM
I still have trouble with the air horns. Those damn things scare the hell outta me every time. I agree that the people that think they know more than the coaches and refs are annoying, but, they are also pretty entertaining. It is amazing that some of them found their seats with the lack of knowledge they show about football. I am surprised they did not end up in the gym.

coach
08-27-2014, 11:37 AM

My favorite "fan" story comes from an Aggie game I went to a few years ago. We were sitting by this obnoxious lady who was criticizing the coaching staff after every play. It was 4th and long and the Aggies were punting. After the punt the lady screamed, "That's it, I have had it with this coach! We are down 7 points and we didnt onside kick!" I laughed so hard I cried.

BwdLion73
08-27-2014, 11:56 AM
My favorite "fan" story comes from an Aggie game I went to a few years ago. We were sitting by this obnoxious lady who was criticizing the coaching staff after every play. It was 4th and long and the Aggies were punting. After the punt the lady screamed, "That's it, I have had it with this coach! We are down 7 points and we didnt onside kick!" I laughed so hard I cried.
:clap: I agree. During our 2010 season we played All Saints at Jerry World. I listened to a lady in a Lions shirt with cowbell ask her husband how many points we got when we scored a T.D.
But she got her 40 dollar nachos, commemorative cup and a selfie!
:cool:

hsfootballfan
08-27-2014, 12:54 PM
:clap: I agree. During our 2010 season we played All Saints at Jerry World. I listened to a lady in a Lions shirt with cowbell ask her husband how many points we got when we scored a T.D.
But she got her 40 dollar nachos, commemorative cup and a selfie!
:cool:

I once had the misfortune of sitting in front of a woman who was the mother of a dance team member who talked nonstop. She regaled everyone within earshot with stories about how her oldest son played football from 7th through the 12th grade and was never hurt until the final "inning" of his last game. Says she never missed a game. At the start of the second quarter she proceeded to ask "Why are we going the opposite direction now and trying to get to the other team's endzone?" :doh: Thank God she left after halftime.

coach
08-27-2014, 01:19 PM
but the bands!!! We have to have time for the bands!!!

ftb!

coach
08-27-2014, 01:20 PM
I once had the misfortune of sitting in front of a woman who was the mother of a dance team member who talked nonstop. She regaled everyone within earshot with stories about how her oldest son played football from 7th through the 12th grade and was never hurt until the final "inning" of his last game. Says she never missed a game. At the start of the second quarter she proceeded to ask "Why are we going the opposite direction now and trying to get to the other team's endzone?" :doh: Thank God she left after halftime.

Wait, football has innings now?

coach
08-27-2014, 01:21 PM

And I bet her son sat the bench 7th grade - 12th until the coach put him in the last inning of his illustrious career!

Rabid Cougar
08-27-2014, 01:25 PM
BANDS and CHEERLEADERS having their own little parties DURING a football game.

pirate4state
08-27-2014, 01:31 PM
ftb!

:clap: DUDE.................:spitlol::spitlol::spitlol::s pitlol::spitlol: :D

I have a BIG cowbell and all the people around me love me yeah right, but you think I give a crap? NOPE!!! :evil:

I like yelling out "holding" after every play, just to annoy folks AND because we know there is holding on EVERY play ;)

my favorite fan story is from state championship weekend 2 years ago. I believe it was a Mart fan yelling at the coach "WE AT STATE! and that's what he gonna call. WE AT STATE!" after he did not like the play he called...cracked me & Red up so bad because of the disgusted tone and the fact that he kept repeating it to his buddy HAHA

99IHSMustang
08-27-2014, 01:55 PM
I went to watch SA Brandeis and Cibolo Steele play in the quarterfinals in '12 and there was a gentleman in front of me on the Steele side that kept yelling "that's they one". I asked him what he was referring to and he said that Brandeis wasn't going to be getting anymore first downs. He had my cousin and I cracking up. Needless to say Brandeis had many more first downs and he kept saying it. Then it started to get annoying.

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2014, 02:19 PM
I just hate hearing people complain (yell) about penalties that are so obvious...

But yet the ref is 'screwing the game' or something thereabouts

coach
08-27-2014, 02:54 PM
:clap: DUDE.................:spitlol::spitlol::spitlol::s pitlol::spitlol: :D

I have a BIG cowbell and all the people around me love me yeah right, but you think I give a crap? NOPE!!! :evil:

I like yelling out "holding" after every play, just to annoy folks AND because we know there is holding on EVERY play ;)

my favorite fan story is from state championship weekend 2 years ago. I believe it was a Mart fan yelling at the coach "WE AT STATE! and that's what he gonna call. WE AT STATE!" after he did not like the play he called...cracked me & Red up so bad because of the disgusted tone and the fact that he kept repeating it to his buddy HAHA

I dont remember hearing a whole lot of that cowbell in the semis last year...

bobcat1
08-27-2014, 02:56 PM
I dont remember hearing a whole lot of that cowbell in the semis last year...:spitlol::fnypost:

hsfootballfan
08-27-2014, 03:27 PM
And I bet her son sat the bench 7th grade - 12th until the coach put him in the last inning of his illustrious career!

That was pretty much the consensus among everyone who had to suffer her constant yapping. Funny thing is she probably thought we were all cheering for the team when they came out onto the field after half (7th inning stretch? :cool:) but it was because she got up and headed for the exit.

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Also I can't help but laugh at the people who show up only for halftime and then leave once the 3rd qtr starts...

Rabid Cougar
08-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Also I can't help but laugh at the people who show up only for halftime and then leave once the 3rd qtr starts...

BAND and Dance Team Parents!!!!!!

CS band is freaking good but we have Band Nazi's( ie parents) in the stands. I cannot say anything or I get the "Look". I want to tell them that 100,000 people dont pack themselves into the stands in Austin and College Station on Saturdays to watch the bands...... And all the dancing shows that everyone calls "marching" now????? I can live without it.

pirate4state
08-29-2014, 12:14 AM
I tried early on, but the nazi police at Rhodes wouldn't allow it. Probably why we lost ;-)