PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 1 GotW: Newton Vs. Tatum

Yoe_09
08-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Thoughts? Who Wins?

SHSBulldog00
08-26-2014, 07:28 PM
If I lived closer I would so go to this game.

Pudlugger
08-26-2014, 07:49 PM
Tatum sounds like a very strong team and should win this one against an always tough Newton.

Gen.Pat
08-26-2014, 08:33 PM
Pulling for our playoff rivals. Tatum flys high and wins by 7.

cowboyandchrist
08-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Tatum will wear Newton down with depth in 95 degree heat and win by 3 TD's. The defense will be one of the fastest in 4A this year. They are the real deal this year. The junior class has lost one game since the fifth grade. They won the youth Super Bowl in the Longview, texas league two years in a row. From what I have been told, the Tatum folks have been waiting on these jr and sr to play together.

lostaussie
08-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Tatum will wear Newton down with depth in 95 degree heat and win by 3 TD's. The defense will be one of the fastest in 4A this year. They are the real deal this year. The junior class has lost one game since the fifth grade. They won the youth Super Bowl in the Longview, texas league two years in a row. From what I have been told, the Tatum folks have been waiting on these jr and sr to play together.I love when folks say "fastest in Texas" ..........really, nobody has played. How u know? The youth super bowl championship is also impressive. Don't get me wrong Cowboy, I know Tatum will be good..........but you bowed out early last year in 2A playoffs and now you thinking you gonna roll thru the next classification up. More power to you.

cowboyandchrist
08-28-2014, 07:37 AM
Most of this jr class was on the jv last year. Tatum had two jv teams last year. They are all back together now to go along with some very talented sr's.

cowboyandchrist
08-29-2014, 08:13 PM
Most of this jr class was on the jv last year. Tatum had two jv teams last year. They are all back together now to go along with some very talented sr's.

21 to 0 Tatum up in the 2nd quarter

cowboyandchrist
08-29-2014, 08:22 PM
Touch down Tatum called back on holding call down field.
Next play, Tatum scores with 24 yard pass, now 27 to 0.

cowboyandchrist
08-29-2014, 08:36 PM
I love when folks say "fastest in Texas" ..........really, nobody has played. How u know? The youth super bowl championship is also impressive. Don't get me wrong Cowboy, I know Tatum will be good..........but you bowed out early last year in 2A playoffs and now you thinking you gonna roll thru the next classification up. More power to you.

Good evening my friend, it appears Tatum may be as good as advertised. Defense is dominating this game so far in the first half.

cowboyandchrist
08-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Tatum defense allowed Newton 2 first downs in the first half. Newton has 35 yards in the first half. Two times Tatum held Newton to 4 and out.

lostaussie
08-29-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm glad Tatum is thumping Newton. I never said you were no good........just maybe pull the reigns a bit.

cowboyandchrist
08-29-2014, 09:49 PM
I'm glad Tatum is thumping Newton. I never said you were no good........just maybe pull the reigns a bit.

I never said Tatum would roll through 4A, I said they were my sleeper team. Long way to go, but they beat a very good Newton team. If they can keep a team like Newton from scoring a point, that is impressive. I don't know if they can beat Gilmer, but it should be one heck of a ball game.

cowboyandchrist
08-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Tatum 39 Newton 7 final. Newton scores with no time left on the clock due to Tatum penalty.
Looking forward to the Gilmer game. Should be a knock down drag out.

cowboyandchrist
08-30-2014, 07:55 AM
Newton is still a good football team, they were just over matched. They will still be the team to beat in 3A. Tatum is just loaded with team speed at all positions. The defense runs to the ball and tackle when they get there, no arm tackling going on with this bunch. The offense is a work in progress and can be outstanding as time goes on. The back up Q/B threw 4 touch downs passes and lead the offense on the fastest pace I have ever seen from a Tatum team. It looked as though the ball was being snapped as soon as the ref set it down.
Up next is the Gilmer machine, they are as good as advertised. I believe the best offense in East Texas and one of the best defenses in East Texas will face each other in two weeks. I believe Tatum has a very good chance to beat Gilmer in Tatum. Tatum will have to play mistake free ball and not give Gilmer the short field. I think Tatum will get to the Gilmer Q/B a few times with ether a fumble or INT. This could be the game of the week and possibly a preview of the playoffs. I know Gilmer has owned Tatum since 2002 with Tatum having one win in 2010, but this team is way better than 2010. The defense is just flat out good. The 2010 offense was outstanding and had a good defense, but this Tatum team has the makings of being something special. I hope and pray for no injuries, grade problems, or anything that slows a team down with this group of Tatum players. Coach Evans is a good Christian man and a great coach and he will this group ready to play Gilmer in two weeks. God Bless

buckeyebob
08-31-2014, 09:17 AM
Newton is still a good football team, they were just over matched. They will still be the team to beat in 3A. Tatum is just loaded with team speed at all positions. The defense runs to the ball and tackle when they get there, no arm tackling going on with this bunch. The offense is a work in progress and can be outstanding as time goes on. The back up Q/B threw 4 touch downs passes and lead the offense on the fastest pace I have ever seen from a Tatum team. It looked as though the ball was being snapped as soon as the ref set it down.
Up next is the Gilmer machine, they are as good as advertised. I believe the best offense in East Texas and one of the best defenses in East Texas will face each other in two weeks. I believe Tatum has a very good chance to beat Gilmer in Tatum. Tatum will have to play mistake free ball and not give Gilmer the short field. I think Tatum will get to the Gilmer Q/B a few times with ether a fumble or INT. This could be the game of the week and possibly a preview of the playoffs. I know Gilmer has owned Tatum since 2002 with Tatum having one win in 2010, but this team is way better than 2010. The defense is just flat out good. The 2010 offense was outstanding and had a good defense, but this Tatum team has the makings of being something special. I hope and pray for no injuries, grade problems, or anything that slows a team down with this group of Tatum players. Coach Evans is a good Christian man and a great coach and he will this group ready to play Gilmer in two weeks. God Bless

I hate to say...well said...prior to start of season, Carthage was to be GAME...I find myself thinking that perhaps Tatum will replace 'em

cowboyandchrist
08-31-2014, 12:58 PM
To be honest, Gilmer is scary good and no way will I say Tatum will beat Gilmer, I think they have a chance and I think they are good enough, but Gilmer may be as good as the 2004 team. It will be a great game. As far as my Dawgs, they may loose several games before district, with 17 to 18 new starters, it may be a tuff road. On the bright side there are four freshmen that will see a lot of playing time. Running back 6ft 1 and 210 lbs and three others.

Eagle8
09-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Yeah, Gilmer is loaded. Studs all over the field. We got some studs this year as well. Mighty actually match up with the Buckeyes in the depth department this year as well.

buckeyebob
09-02-2014, 07:11 AM
We will know next week...It may very well be East Texas Game of the Week...who will be the best prepared? If tatum has the talent we hear about, the Home Field Advantage may be the advantage.