PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado vs. LaVega

toddg
08-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Alvarado at home against LaVega to open the 2014 season..new turf, a lot of new/young players for the Indians..makes for a very interesting game with the Pirates.
Alvarado should be more diverse offensively this year, the passing game already better than last years "non-existant" passing attack.
OL needs to jell and improve, RBs are good, QB is young, but plays with tenacity, and passes well..runs good too..very quick! WRs have speed and quickness..and showing very good potential. overall, offense still working things out, but seem to be going in the right direction.
Defense will be very quick, and aggressive..still some technic issues up front, but getting there! LBs very quick, very strong! Secondary will be better than last year..force very well against the run, and cover the pass pretty good thus far.

i think the Indians will be GEEKED friday night..Indians 28 Pirates 14 :cool:

hollywood
08-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Not sure where to even guess the score, but Alvarillo will prevail.

Good luck this week! Wish the Indians well.

Be prepared for another Air-raid attack in a few weeks.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

:wave:

toddg
08-26-2014, 11:59 AM
Not sure where to even guess the score, but Alvarillo will prevail.

Good luck this week! Wish the Indians well.

Be prepared for another Air-raid attack in a few weeks.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

:wave:BWAHAHA!! hopefully the Indians will have the spot lights and anti-aircraft apparatus in place by then!!:redxpoke:

Gen.Pat
08-26-2014, 07:59 PM
The Tribe by 21.

Rabid Cougar
08-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Cann't go wrong going with LV. They are big and have some horses... nothing has changed.

toddg
08-27-2014, 07:58 PM
Cann't go wrong going with LV. They are big and have some horses... nothing has changed.
Last time we played them we split a home and home back in 2000-2001...we are young this year with 5 sophs from our dominate freshman team last year..should be a good game

Gen.Pat
08-27-2014, 08:16 PM
The Tribe will win this week and defend their House.

defense51
08-27-2014, 10:40 PM
If our O-line can control the line of scrimmage, we put one in the win column.

regaleagle
08-27-2014, 10:48 PM
Were those smoke signals I saw while driving by the other day? I guess the war paint will be applied by the whole Tribe come Friday, huh?

hollywood
08-27-2014, 11:21 PM
Hey toddg, I thought the Indians liked light horses!

toddg
08-28-2014, 05:57 AM
Hey toddg, I thought the Indians liked light horses!
Can't get one past you Hollywood!! HaHa!!
Our freshman team last year pretty much steamrolled every team they
Played, including those YellerJackets and I'm excited to see how some of those kids develope this year on varsity..going to be an interesting season!!

hollywood
08-28-2014, 07:25 AM
Can't get one past you Hollywood!! HaHa!!
Our freshman team last year pretty much steamrolled every team they
Played, including those YellerJackets and I'm excited to see how some of those kids develope this year on varsity..going to be an interesting season!!

Haha!!

Alvarado's freshman were very strong . Looking for some of those starters on varsity to make an impact. I bet you're excited! See ya in a few weeks!

toddg
08-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Tonites action:
Freshman
LaVega 20
Alvarado 16

JV
Alvarado 21
LaVega. 14

defense51
08-29-2014, 11:23 PM
We took a loss, but lots of improvement from last season with the offense moving the ball. I think we had 24-25 first downs, just didn't score in the red zone when we should have. Lots of potential and youth on this team!

Old Timer
08-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Your boy had one hell of a hit defense51!

AHS defense has to improve in the passing game (among other areas). I saw way too many big plays given up to a LV offense that, frankly, wasn't dominant.

AHS offense didn't look too bad. Passing game improved from last year and decent backs. Unfortunately, it looks like the big boys up front aren't quite as dominant as AHS has grown accustomed to over the past few years.

I'm sure the AHS staff will work the numerous areas of weakness. Hopefully we'll see a more effective defensive effort next week, and hopefully that running game will pick it up just a little more!

Overall, not a great showing.