PDA

View Full Version : Bellville at Caldwell

OLE'BULL
08-26-2014, 10:18 AM
Well it is finally game week! I am hoping to make the trip to Caldwell to see what the Brahmas have. They started off pretty strong at the Needville scrimmage, then tapered off. With 11 new faces on offense, it will be hard to get them clicking week 1. The play of our senior quarterback Brady Zapalac has been impressive. He surprised me with his arm strength and poise. He can move around on his feet better than I though too! He has thrown some beautiful passes, we just need to find some guys who can catch it. That, and find some guys who will keep running under the ball. I am confident that will come as the weeks progress, hopefully sooner rather than later. I think the biggest question will be our RB's. They looked pretty solid in the scrimmage, but there is some definate fall off from last year, which was expected when you replace 2-3 three year starters. Higginbothem had a good first scrimmage and seems to be a good little RB. Marek has some Varsity experience and I love the way he runs. He is short and small, but definately muscular and runs much bigger than he is. He is tough and fun to watch. Defensively the Brahmas will be just fine. We have 6ish returning starters. I think our DL and LB's will be the strength, and teams will have a tough time running on the Brahmas. I expect big things out of our DE Strieder. He has started since his freshman year for us. Dylan Jackson at MLB will be another one to keep an eye on. He is short but brings a load when he gets to the ball. If he can learn the system after moving from DT, he could be a force to be reckoned with for us the next couple years. He is only a sophmore and started last year as a freshman. Unfortunately, unless Caldwell has made a major turn around, they will not be a good measuring stick for us. We need to go out and beat them handily to prove we are where we need to be week 1. Looking forward to a great game and hoping both sides are injury free! 42-7 good guys! GO BRAHMAS!

rancher
08-26-2014, 10:49 AM
Having watched both scrimmages now, the defense will be the strong point for this years team. However, the offense is very week. Passing game is not there, no receivers, QB lacks arm strength. The offense will be the weak link for the team. When this team faces a good defense, they are in big trouble. I hope the offensive coord. can get out of his netural gear and put in a few more plays that we have been seeing the past years. I see more L's than W's for this years team.

OLE'BULL
08-26-2014, 02:09 PM
I have to disagree with you. His arm, IMO, is good for a high school QB. Also, since Rowe has been here, our passing game has definately not been a big part of our offense. At all. The passing game will not determine our win/loss record. Our RB's and OL, along with the defense, will....

Pudlugger
08-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Bellville will win this one by 14+. Even though they are young their defense and special teams will keep them in the game and make some breaks allowing their offense room to score. might even be a blow-out.

bd62
08-26-2014, 07:13 PM
I thought they did a very good job executing on offense in first scrimmage against Yoakum. Especially replacing 11 starters. That very unusual. The facl that Refugio had only one TD on first team against Yoakum should tell you Bellville will be just fine. Bellville by 3 TD.

OLE'BULL
08-27-2014, 04:40 PM
I thought they did a very good job executing on offense in first scrimmage against Yoakum. Especially replacing 11 starters. That very unusual. The facl that Refugio had only one TD on first team against Yoakum should tell you Bellville will be just fine. Bellville by 3 TD.

Agreed. Also, I just read the Bellville Times write up and the 2 TD's scored on Bellville were on the 2nd team defense. Yes, Needville had their first team offense in. So in the live portion, 1's vs 1's, Bellville "won" 14-0.

duckhunter
08-28-2014, 07:32 AM
Good thing Bellville doesnt throw the ball. It could be sloppy at the Hornet's Nest if we get the predicated rain today.

Scoop27
08-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Webcast
http://www.bellvillesports.com/

BB BULLS
08-30-2014, 08:09 AM
that was ugly on the offensive side of the ball to many fumbles and no one can catch the ball, Rowe is gonna have to fix that. hell of job by the defense to just keep fighting

Pudlugger
08-30-2014, 08:54 AM
that was ugly on the offensive side of the ball to many fumbles and no one can catch the ball, Rowe is gonna have to fix that. hell of job by the defense to just keep fighting

OK everyone is wondering if Caldwell is that good or did Bellville just not show up? the Hornets returned 8 starters on Offense and defense from their 1-8 2013 squad so I guess their more seasoned now. This was a real defensive battle all the way to the end. Special teams and a stout defense win it for the Brahmas.

87 TIGER
08-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Wow! Shocker. Really thought I'd see a blowout in this one

rancher
08-30-2014, 10:19 AM
I told you the offense is bad. Just wait until they play teams that can stuff the run. They cannot pass, slow white boys running the ball and an offensive coord. who does not know how to call plays. Like I said more L's this year than W's.

Saggy Aggie
08-30-2014, 10:25 AM
I told you the offense is bad. Just wait until they play teams that can stuff the run. They cannot pass, slow white boys running the ball and an offensive coord. who does not know how to call plays. Like I said more L's this year than W's.

Ouch..

rancher
08-30-2014, 10:28 AM
This offense is starting to look like the Doug Foster era when he destroyed the program.

BrahmaMOMMA
08-30-2014, 10:54 AM

It has nothing to do with"white kids" they are just not clicking yet on offense. And to compare the era is wrong. No need for bringing color into conversation they are still kids and none of them have Started a varsity game til last night. Rowe is a great coach and will do what needs to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobcat1
08-30-2014, 11:05 AM

This offense is starting to look like the Doug Foster era when he destroyed the program.

It has nothing to do with"white kids" they are just not clicking yet on offense. And to compare the era is wrong. No need for bringing color into conversation they are still kids and none of them have Started a varsity game til last night. Rowe is a great coach and will do what needs to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttp://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/dogncar1/badassbuddy_com-bitchslap.gif

bd62
08-30-2014, 11:08 AM
They are replacing 11 offensive starters and for most this was probably first game of Friday nite lights . Comments from rancher is an insult to some hard working kids. You need to support 11 kids who never started a high school game. Not my town but I hate when people make comments like that about good kids. And kids in sports are the best of the best.

Scoop27
08-30-2014, 11:12 AM
How long was the field goal and what time and what quarter?

BrahmaMOMMA
08-30-2014, 11:15 AM
They are replacing 11 offensive starters and for most this was probably first game of Friday nite lights . Comments from rancher is an insult to some hard working kids. You need to support 11 kids who never started a high school game. Not my town but I hate when people make comments like that about good kids. And kids in sports are the best of the best.

Well said bd62

BrahmaMOMMA
08-30-2014, 11:20 AM
3 rd quarter around 25 - 30 yards

OLE'BULL
08-30-2014, 11:28 AM

Well said! Rancher is the most negative and inappropriate Brahma fan on this board, always has been. He does not represent us well.

OLE'BULL
08-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Does anybody know what the delay at half-time was all about? It seemed like the Brahmas took a lot longer than Caldwell to come back out?

duckhunter
08-30-2014, 12:46 PM
Does anybody know what the delay at half-time was all about? It seemed like the Brahmas took a lot longer than Caldwell to come back out?

Butt chewing?

OLE'BULL
08-30-2014, 01:39 PM
Butt chewing?

That was my guess. I was nervous we would be getting a delay of game penalty to start the second half. Not sure what was going on or even if they were "delaying".

Scoop27
08-30-2014, 05:13 PM
You don't see many 3-0 games anymore. They are few and far between. I went to a game in the 70s when Alief beat Hungerford 2-0 with a safety. That's when both schools were Class A and then the town of Alief started to explode

XMan
08-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Well, looks like Crossroads Tavern has their wi fi up and running seeing that Rancher is back at it. He needs to stay in Sealy.

rancher
08-30-2014, 08:15 PM
From the BCS Eagle
BELLVILLE TOTAL YARDS 112 TOTAL PASSING 1 OF 10. YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE TRUTH

MJMbrahmas10
08-30-2014, 08:17 PM
Bellville disowns rancher.

87 TIGER
08-30-2014, 11:42 PM
Maybe we need to give some credit to Caldwell defense

Pudlugger
08-31-2014, 08:12 AM
Maybe we need to give some credit to Caldwell defense

Good point Tiger. Bellville has a young team but they always come up with the talent. They will be okay. Meanwhile Caldwell remains a potential spoiler in D11 with so many returning starters.

BB BULLS
08-31-2014, 09:02 AM
From the BCS Eagle
BELLVILLE TOTAL YARDS 112 TOTAL PASSING 1 OF 10. YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE TRUTH

rancher I think everyone knew that the offense was going to have problems. IMO everyone is pissed because you commented on the color of the kids running the ball and to be honest they are not that slow. you are a low life scum bag for putting down the kids on the team that worked hard to be there and do the best that they can. now that being said the coach's need to do a better job of mixing in the pass there are kids on the team that can catch the ball they just have to put them on the offensive side of the ball on passing plays. there is a youtube video from when these same boys that are playing now where in jr high go watch that and you will see how good they passed the ball. I know it is jr high and this is the big boys but just go watch it and you will see the boys that can catch, those same boys are varsity right now

87 TIGER
08-31-2014, 09:04 AM
What's up pud! Good luck to the leps this year. Tell all my laGrange friends hello. Next time your in the Rock look me up

The Bull #40
09-01-2014, 03:15 PM
I had a feeling our offense would take a few weeks to gel, but I think it was expected by most of the Brahma fans considering we lost all 11 offensive starters from last year. The Bellville defense, however, deserves a pat on the back for shutting out an offense that was bigger and faster than them and had a couple of solid athletes. I believe Rowe will make the necessary adjustments and we will continue to get better each week. I was most disappointed with the number of turnovers from the Brahmas though, but I attribute a large part of that to the center and QB needing more time to work together.