PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard anything on this??

Ranger Mom
08-13-2003, 10:06 AM
Memorial High Freshman Dies
Amanda Perez, Newscenter 25

Posted: August 12th, 2003 - 11:02 pm

A Memorial High School freshman football player died Tuesday night following practice. The student, whose name was not released as of 10pm Tuesday, passed away around Nine O'clock. School officials, as well as the young man's family and teammates, gathered at the hospital. Officials say it is too early to know if the death was heat-related. Stay tuned to Newscenter 25 for more on this developing story.

Victoria Memorial 2003

CHS_Grad '85
08-13-2003, 11:08 AM
There really isn't that much out there about this yet... my prayers go out the family...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE VICTORIA ADVOCATE

MHS football player dies

August 13, 2003

A Memorial High School freshman football player died after practice Tuesday, according to DeTar Hospital Navarro spokesman Jerrell Robinowich.

Robinowich would not release the identity of the 14-year-old player.

"Because he was a minor, we can't release any information now," Robinowich said. "Now is not the time to bombard the parents of this person for information."

Robinowich said the player died at 8:34 p.m. after being transported to DeTar Hospital Navarro.

exbccards76'smom
08-13-2003, 05:23 PM
I haven't heard about that. But I do know that the Nederland High School quarterback had to be taken to the hospital last week. It was apparently heat exhaustion. He had to have IV fluids.

JasperDog94
08-13-2003, 05:57 PM
You guys take care out there. I know Texas High School Football is sacred and everything, but know what your body can handle. I hate hearing news stories like this. frown

BrahmaMom
08-13-2003, 05:57 PM
My prayers go out to the family, friends, team, and town. Please remind your players to hydrate enough, coaches and trainers sometimes get caught up in other things. My other prayer is that this is the only incident this year, anywhere.

Ranger Mom
08-13-2003, 05:59 PM
My daughter is a student trainer this year and I told her to make sure her brother had plenty of water!! wink

sinton66
08-13-2003, 06:52 PM
Last week had some terrible temperatures. Corpus Christi even hit 101. Peculiar thing is they're NOT saying what caused this one. If it was the heat, I wouldn't see any harm in saying so even if they don't divulge the player's name because of his age. Guess we'll just have to wait to see.
Life is so fragile, I really feel for his parents and friends.

Old Green
08-13-2003, 08:03 PM
I know the young man's Uncle well. Our prayers are with his family.

CowboyFan
08-14-2003, 12:09 AM
My Sister was at band practice, which the field are next to one another when the ambulance came to pick him up first they thought he had a broked leg or something is what the other players said, they have done studies to see what the cause was and from what I've heard is that is wasn't from dehydration or heat, but that the cause of death is still undetermined.