PDA

View Full Version : Lorena at China Spring

Bosqueville
08-25-2014, 10:09 AM
China Spring looks much improved in the two scrimmages. Last week against University, China Spring moved the ball at will and have two very strong passers. The running game also was very impressive as CS had 2 long TD runs. The defense will still need to be priority after last year's struggles. I would say the one area of concern is the corners. They seem to struggle when opposition runs wide. Lorena is a tough first game and I have no idea what they return.

China Spring by 7.

Yoe_09
08-25-2014, 10:46 AM
I believe both teams will be fairly young this season. To me, this could be a toss up.

caleb_mccaig
08-25-2014, 11:11 AM
I have zero clue what CS looks like this year. The only kid I knew who would have been on the team was Robert Martinez, I'm really good friends with his older brother, but I know he isn't playing. Does it look like they'll make it back to the playoffs anytime soon? It's been tough watching them not really succeed these past few years.

Bosqueville
08-25-2014, 12:29 PM
I have zero clue what CS looks like this year. The only kid I knew who would have been on the team was Robert Martinez, I'm really good friends with his older brother, but I know he isn't playing. Does it look like they'll make it back to the playoffs anytime soon? It's been tough watching them not really succeed these past few years.

I have no doubt they will be in the playoffs but of course at this time of year, everyone has a shot. They could have made the playoffs last year. They averaged 45 points a game last year but couldn't stop anyone. They scored 50 against Connally and still lost.

caleb_mccaig
08-25-2014, 03:34 PM
I have no doubt they will be in the playoffs but of course at this time of year, everyone has a shot. They could have made the playoffs last year. They averaged 45 points a game last year but couldn't stop anyone. They scored 50 against Connally and still lost.

Wow.

regaleagle
08-25-2014, 08:10 PM
I'ma bettin' the coaches get that fixed, lol. They'll probably end up being a pretty feisty defense this season because of last year's debacle on that side of the ball. And if the offense is as good....look out!

FB-fanatic
08-25-2014, 11:13 PM
Seriously strange meeting the CS boys the first game of the year, instead of the last. Normally we're playing some team not so personable, but right off the bat one of our past rival games. I will be there with bells (no pun intended) on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4byFlQsUF3c

Rabid Cougar
08-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Very young team but much larger and more athletic than the past several years. There is no drop off with the offense except now with more play makers. Most are sophmores. Lorena could not stay of the field with them during in Midway's 7 on 7 league. Defense is bigger and much more aggressive, and still very young. China Spring is about to be real good for the next several years.

It's Lorena. Week Zero or Week 10... We still don't like them.

caleb_mccaig
08-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Seriously strange meeting the CS boys the first game of the year, instead of the last. Normally we're playing some team not so personable, but right off the bat one of our past rival games. I will be there with bells (no pun intended) on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4byFlQsUF3c

It's more strange to me that China Spring actually circles games against Lorena in recent years......

Rocket Man
08-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Very young team but much larger and more athletic than the past several years. There is no drop off with the offense except now with more play makers. Most are sophmores. Lorena could not stay of the field with them during in Midway's 7 on 7 league. Defense is bigger and much more aggressive, and still very young. China Spring is about to be real good for the next several years.

Y'all don't like anybody...........reciprocity is in effect.

Anyway, I'll be interested to see how this one turns out and see who has what.....................safe travel and no injuries to all.

hollywood
08-26-2014, 12:23 PM

Sounds like Brownwood 2007 or 2008, can't remember which year exactly. Such high expectations with Pachall and the drop to 3A and didn't make the playoffs.

regaleagle
08-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Sounds like Brownwood 2007 or 2008, can't remember which year exactly. Such high expectations with Pachall and the drop to 3A and didn't make the playoffs.

Just a wee bit easier to be a playoff team nowadays, wouldn't you say? Split divisions and 4 teams per district in the playoffs means if your team doesn't make the playoffs they are bottom-dwellers. Even in a highly competitive district with 5 or 6 "good" teams....if you don't make the cut, you're really not worthy enough.

hollywood
08-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Just a wee bit easier to be a playoff team nowadays, wouldn't you say? Split divisions and 4 teams per district in the playoffs means if your team doesn't make the playoffs they are bottom-dwellers. Even in a highly competitive district with 5 or 6 "good" teams....if you don't make the cut, you're really not worthy enough.

I concur sir!

Now what's funny is, 2 years before that Brownwood team that didn't make the playoffs and when Pachall was a Soph., they were in a 4A district with Waco High, Waco Midway, Waco University and Killeen High. They flipped a coin to get into the playoffs and then went 4 rounds deep only to lose to State finalist Waco High in the Qarter Finals. Jarrod Salubi was the RB for WH... great team.

Rabid Cougar
08-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Y'all don't like anybody...........reciprocity is in effect.

Rocket Man , Ya'll are number 1 on the list. Have been for a long time. The oldest still gets jacked for Robinson and he's been out since 09.
Rest assured, the last second touchdown in last year's game did not go un-noted by the Cougar faithful.

Rabid Cougar
08-26-2014, 02:53 PM
It's more strange to me that China Spring actually circles games against Lorena in recent years......

Unfortunately Caleb, except when ya'll played them, and Shawn Bell's run, they have owned CS forever.

2013 LL 55-41
2012 LL 52-35
2011 LL 24-21
2010 LL 14-13
2008 and 2009 CS was in Region 1 and didn't play them
2007 CS 23-6
2006 CS 27-10
2005 LL 23-20

However there is always:
1979 CS 96-0
1978 CS 75-0

Part of China Spring's 29 game win streak.

Cam
08-26-2014, 03:09 PM

Lorena....Robinson haters.....shoot!...with this new district Burnet can now be your bestest friends!!.....

Rabid Cougar
08-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Lorena....Robinson haters.....shoot!...with this new district Burnet can now be your bestest friends!!.....
Hate? No. Dislike during athletic events? Most definitely.

Too bad you don't get experience baseball season. Even with all the select team cross overs. Gets pretty interesting.

You have already vowed revenge for '08. Cannot back track on a vow of revenge. Man Law.

Rocket Man
08-26-2014, 04:20 PM

E tu?

But our BLUE is so much prettier than those other people's almost BLUE.

Y'all are gonna bring some GREEN into the mix..........never had a GREEN team in the district.

Rocket Man
08-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Rocket Man , Ya'll are number 1 on the list. Have been for a long time. The oldest still gets jacked for Robinson and he's been out since 09.
Rest assured, the last second touchdown in last year's game did not go un-noted by the Cougar faithful.

Maybe it was done for points in case of a tie-breaker...........I don't know why.......maybe Bell said something to Allison somewhere along the way and it was payback....or maybe Allison just wanted to pile it on..........we've been on the other side of those before too.

As an historical side note; I was on the RR team in '78 that posted the one win against y'all when y'all won state........I went to the State game in Temple and watch y'all pound Lexington was it? Anyway, y'all beat us the next year (my senior year) so it was a 1-1 split against y'all for me on varsity.

Rabid Cougar
08-26-2014, 07:47 PM
Maybe it was done for points in case of a tie-breaker...........I don't know why.......maybe Bell said something to Allison somewhere along the way and it was payback....or maybe Allison just wanted to pile it on..........we've been on the other side of those before too.

As an historical side note; I was on the RR team in '78 that posted the one win against y'all when y'all won state........I went to the State game in Temple and watch y'all pound Lexington was it? Anyway, y'all beat us the next year (my senior year) so it was a 1-1 split against y'all for me on varsity.

Well I was on the Cameron Yoemen from 1979 through 1981. I never played against Robinson except in scrimmages.

Rocket Man
08-26-2014, 09:46 PM
Well I was on the Cameron Yoemen from 1979 through 1981. I never played against Robinson except in scrimmages.

Yes, yes..the Yoe scrimmage was always tough. We sweated together on the same field. I met a fella from Mart recently that I had played against back in the day......dang, the years have sure flown by quickly.

varsity parent
08-28-2014, 10:27 AM
Hate? No. Dislike during athletic events? Most definitely.

Too bad you don't get experience baseball season. Even with all the select team cross overs. Gets pretty interesting.

You have already vowed revenge for '08. Cannot back track on a vow of revenge. Man Law.
Rabid Cougar: Agree about the baseball. I think its pretty neat how a lot of those same boys hang out with each other or do things together outside of ball season. Small town sports are the best.

varsity parent
08-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Unfortunately Caleb, except when ya'll played them, and Shawn Bell's run, they have owned CS forever.

2013 LL 55-41
2012 LL 52-35
2011 LL 24-21
2010 LL 14-13
2008 and 2009 CS was in Region 1 and didn't play them
2007 CS 23-6
2006 CS 27-10
2005 LL 23-20

However there is always:
1979 CS 96-0
1978 CS 75-0

Part of China Spring's 29 game win streak.
Have a question for you China Spring posters: where is the oldest Boutwell kid now? I distinctly remember him from the hit he put on "inmate" Parr when the two of them met in the hole in the play-off game vs LaVega years back at Floyd Casey! Dang! Had Parr sucking his thumb and crying for mommy! And second: what was the QB's name again? He was a stud! And whatever became of him? Didn't y'all beat us that year also?

Rabid Cougar
08-30-2014, 08:24 AM
Have a question for you China Spring posters: where is the oldest Boutwell kid now? I distinctly remember him from the hit he put on "inmate" Parr when the two of them met in the hole in the play-off game vs LaVega years back at Floyd Casey! Dang! Had Parr sucking his thumb and crying for mommy! And second: what was the QB's name again? He was a stud! And whatever became of him? Didn't y'all beat us that year also?

He went to North Texas and started 31 games his sophmore thru Senior season at DT (see avatar photo). Graduated with his Masters in four years and now a Stength and Conditioning Coach at University of North Carolina Pembroke. ( NC version of Tarleton).

19 Mike Hicks went on to play Free Safety at Baylor. He now plays professionally in Europe.

Dustin Eskew. Never panned out in baseball or football.

Yes 23-6