11-29-2003, 03:29 PM
VERNON 6 VS. SWEETWATER 3 F :D

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: fury900 ]</small>

fury900
11-29-2003, 05:22 PM
good game :D

vet93
11-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Vernon just keeps on surprising people. Good defense and ball control offense can be hard to beat. Congratulations to Vernon on an upset win and congratulations to a very tough Sweetwater team on a great season. They definitely proved that they can win without Mychael Carrillo. If you look real high...hovering over lubbock you will see z-motion walking on cloud 9 right now!!

Leopards,class of 75
11-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Way to go Vernon, who do you play next? Good luck to you down the play-off road!

VWG
11-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Big win for Coach Hall and the Lions.
Vernon has a good group of athletes.
6 to 3 sounds like a baseball score. Somebody give us a recap!

Ranger Mom
11-29-2003, 07:29 PM
It was a defensive battle the whole game. They went into halftime 0-0. It was the shortest game I think I have ever been to. Kick-off was 2:00 and I was driving out of the parking lot and called my husband to tell him the score at 4:01.

Congrats Vernon on the win - congrats Mustangs on a great season! (I still wish it could have been the Rangers and Mustangs meeting up again next weekend!)

Da Mules
11-29-2003, 08:01 PM
Two very good defenses; Vernon's was a little better today. Both teams can be proud of a tough and well-fought battle, and Sweetwater you had a good run again this year....I was impressed by your offense; Vernon just had the corners to cover your speed.
Sweetwater fans, just how many more of those Carillo's do you have hidden away. That kid is going to be a handful for the next two years.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-29-2003, 09:10 PM
WOW AND WOW AND WOW! That was a great game. Not much scoring but two great defenses keeping their teams in it. What a great game. There were a lot of 3 and outs and in the second half Sweetwater converted like four 4th downs. Not a lot of passing just run after run after run. Vernon started moving the ball late in the second qtr. Then half comes Vernon gets the ball and drives the field and scores a TD. They miss the extra point (West Texas wind was blowing strong). Then Sweetwater moves the ball down the field but Vernon's Defense holds them out and they kick a field goal with the wind. That was it--defense from then on.

Sorry I would have liked to meet up with some of the downlow posters but there was no common areas.

Congrats to Vernon! They just keep playing better and better. Peaking at the right time. Next looks to be Kennedale as they are ahead right now. Have no idea where this one will be played.

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Z motion 10 out on 2 ]</small>

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-29-2003, 09:18 PM
vet93:
Vernon just keeps on surprising people. Good defense and ball control offense can be hard to beat. Congratulations to Vernon on an upset win and congratulations to a very tough Sweetwater team on a great season. They definitely proved that they can win without Mychael Carrillo. If you look real high...hovering over lubbock you will see z-motion walking on cloud 9 right now!!Thanks Vet, your right this run is awesome! What a great ride home tonight.

The Natural91
11-29-2003, 09:22 PM
great to see Vernon making some noise...remember their great teams well. didn't get to play them in 90, but 91 was a classic with the dogs, and the SLC-Vernon game was one of the best ever period.Good luck Lions.

wildstangs
11-30-2003, 12:23 PM
What a great game. The defenses played as hard as the wind blew. Vernons defense continously shut down the Mustangs offense. I hated to see Sweetwater lose, but its hard to complain about a season when your the district champs and win 2 rounds of the playoffs. Best of luck to Vernon. Only 2 more months until realligment!

BrainDamage
12-01-2003, 09:45 AM
Vernon gets to play the Kennedale Wildcats next.
Hey congrats on beating Sweetwater. Where is Vernon located... Isn't it up around Lubbock somewhere?

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-01-2003, 09:54 AM
Vernon is straight up highway 287 halfway betwen Amarillo and Ft. Worth. 1 hour west of Wichita Falls.