Celina 20
Liberty Christian 14

Bosqueville
08-25-2014, 08:22 AM
Celina 28
LC 21

Celina8
08-25-2014, 06:00 PM
I thought Celina would at least be favored by a bigger margin than this. Now I am a little worried.

regaleagle
08-25-2014, 07:43 PM
I'ma thinkin' them Bobcats are gonna come out and do some serious scoring come Friday nite....cuz they only got a couple of weeks to get ready for Argyle in Argyle. I'll guarantee that date is marked on their calendars, for sure. They'll be working real hard this year to avenge those losses, and it all starts with Liberty Christian this week.

BILLYFRED0000
08-26-2014, 05:30 AM
It is the first game with only 3 weeks in pads.... The offense will probably be a little sluggish from time to time.
I am more interested in how the defense stacks up.

Celina8
08-27-2014, 04:42 AM
It is the first game with only 3 weeks in pads.... The offense will probably be a little sluggish from time to time.
I am more interested in how the defense stacks up.

I was not able to make it to the Scrimmage on Friday against Sanger , but did talk with several people who did go. There are some concerns as the offense was not able to score and the defense had a difficult time with the Indians offense. I agree it will take the offense a little time to click, so how the defense stacks up will be key for the Bobcats this season.

hollywood
08-27-2014, 08:43 AM
The outlook for Celina appears to be a work in progress. What's going on in the land of the orange and white? Is the majority of the talent pool moving to Prosper?

marler1972
08-27-2014, 09:43 AM
The outlook for Celina appears to be a work in progress. What's going on in the land of the orange and white? Is the majority of the talent pool moving to Prosper? Celina is fine. This group of Seniors (27) is a good group. As for the last scrimmage last week, The offense will be fine, they were real vanilla as far as the plays they ran. Not much passing at all. They rotated alot of kids in and out. On the Defensive side they are working on some things......... As far as Prosper dont think so and dont care I think they won 2 or 3 games last year. Friday night can't get here soon enough.

regaleagle
08-27-2014, 12:13 PM
I got news for you....Sanger ain't no lay-down this season. They have been in a rebuilding mode for the past 2 seasons and have a very good senior class with some good athletes on that team. They are in Argyle's district and will be in the hunt for winning our district. Argyle may have trouble beating the Sanger Indians this season....I believe they will be that good. Of course, Argyle could be that good by the time we play Sanger as well. But that team has lots of returning starters, a 6-1, 200 lb. senior qb in his 3rd season, and a very good rb in Trevon Jackson in his 3rd varsity season. Then there's some juniors and sophs back that played last season as starters. They have 14 starters returning, 7 on offense and 7 on defense. They will be a contender this year.

orange machine
08-27-2014, 02:51 PM
I got news for you....Sanger ain't no lay-down this season. They have been in a rebuilding mode for the past 2 seasons and have a very good senior class with some good athletes on that team. They are in Argyle's district and will be in the hunt for winning our district. Argyle may have trouble beating the Sanger Indians this season....I believe they will be that good. Of course, Argyle could be that good by the time we play Sanger as well. But that team has lots of returning starters, a 6-1, 200 lb. senior qb in his 3rd season, and a very good rb in Trevon Jackson in his 3rd varsity season. Then there's some juniors and sophs back that played last season as starters. They have 14 starters returning, 7 on offense and 7 on defense. They will be a contender this year.

There Qb isn't 200 lbs more like 220, looks like a bowling ball.