PDA

View Full Version : Burnet-Wimberley predictions

unnamed_bdawg06
10-19-2003, 09:05 PM
shouldnt be a challenge for our dawgs to whoop this team too.

Burnet-58
Wimberley-0

-R. Headrick

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2003, 09:07 PM
unnamed_bdawg06:

Burnet-58
Wimberley-0

-R. HeadrickThat might be about right.

grizwald
10-20-2003, 12:32 AM
Lets not get ahead of ourselfs. The question if we would be scored on in district was on here then the next team went out and scored on us. Remember if anyone in district beats us it will make there season.

bulldogvet85
10-20-2003, 08:24 AM
I think this game will be pretty good I think wimberley will lose but I think that they will play well. Wimberely has got more size this year there linebackers are bigger than they have been since the brent slaughter days. but theres no doubt that I think they will lose I think for wimberely though they will just play well like they have been

Burnet-58
wimberley-17

BulldogGrl64
10-20-2003, 09:20 AM
Burnet and Wimberely are a really good match up and will defnitely be one hell of a game to watch. Both teams have done really well this season, but Burnet will take this victory all the way. Burnet has one damn good team this year and so far they have been unstoppable. Wimberely will put up a good fight against Burnet and go strong til the very end, but Burnet is going home with another mark in the Win column under their name.

Burnet - 56
Wimberely - 10

Bandera YaYa
10-20-2003, 09:32 AM
GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!! BEAT WIMBERLEY!!

bd0707
10-20-2003, 09:51 AM
The officials have been a little, should we say homers in Wimberly the last few trips. I hope they are not an issue this year. Burnet: 54-7

Kosh
10-20-2003, 10:04 AM
Hopefully Burnet’s offense will show up the first half.

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Kosh ]</small>

Jerry10ydCurl
10-20-2003, 10:38 AM

Burnet-58
Wimberley-0

-R. Headrick I thought this was unnamed bulldog, Ryan?????

JCM
10-20-2003, 12:59 PM
I don't think the game will be a blow-out. Wimberley is well coached but suseptable to a power run game (as LH demonstrated). Unfortunately, Burnet does not have a power run game. I'm sure after reviewing the Bandera film, Wimberley will be putting blitz packages into the defense. The Burnet offense struggled against the Bandera pressure defense. Had it not been for the Burnet defense and special teams, the game could have been much closer.
Burnet - 31, Wimberley - 17

beefy
10-20-2003, 02:25 PM
I agree JCM. Burnet's offense did not show up in the first half. But they did score on every possesion of the second half,in addition to two defensive scores. I think the bulldogs have what it takes to play very deep into the play-offs. The only way they can be beaten is to beat themselves. I hope they can get focused and finish district play undefeated. Wimberley is too well coached to take for granted...

PAINTBALL
10-20-2003, 03:15 PM
JCM:
I don't think the game will be a blow-out. Wimberley is well coached but suseptable to a power run game (as LH demonstrated). Unfortunately, Burnet does not have a power run game. I'm sure after reviewing the Bandera film, Wimberley will be putting blitz packages into the defense. The Burnet offense struggled against the Bandera pressure defense. Had it not been for the Burnet defense and special teams, the game could have been much closer.
Burnet - 31, Wimberley - 17Unless Liberty Hill has changed their offense from last year, I disagree that the Hill has a power running game. Their running game is based on running the wing T to perfection and breacking runners open by deception and hiding the ball. Burnet's offense also relies on deception with draws off the pass, etc. If the Wimberly players were fooled by the fakes of Liberty Hill, Levens should be open also. Burnet 45 Wimberly 7. Burnet is home after a long 2 weeks and the offense has something to prove this week.

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

bulldogvet85
10-20-2003, 03:27 PM
I dont know JCM about the burnet running game cuz when I saw them play they did have a good running game and they RB is damn fast it's just that they dont use it much. I think if they started using it more and were more 50-50 on pass to run that we would see alot better run game from them. Dont over look there run game though. I think that whats going to hurt wimberley though is there predicatable offense in my opinion the experinces that I have had playing against and watching wimberley. The hard part comes with stopping them and thats something I think that burnet can do. I have seen them once this year and I will be at the game this week to watch them again and from what I have seen things really havent change beside the fact that they are better than they were last year.

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: bulldogvet85 ]</small>

b-townhottie06
10-20-2003, 04:29 PM
Burnet-49
Wimberly-14

GOOD LUCK WIMBERLY!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!

b-townhottie06
10-20-2003, 04:30 PM
Burnet-49
Wimberly-14

GOOD LUCK WIMBERLY!

GO BULLDOGS!

unnamed_bdawg06
10-20-2003, 07:25 PM
i know im unnamed ... it just gos with the irony that i put my name at the end of my posts.

-R.Headrick

20dawgz05
10-20-2003, 08:52 PM
whoa whoa whoa.....burnet lets not get to confident....dont get me wrong i think we will win....but if our bois get to over confident then we are gonna play just like we did on friday wich we all know was horrible!!!

clay
10-21-2003, 03:22 PM
I know this is stupid but it is spelled
w-i-m-b-e-r-l-E-y. LEY LEY LEY LEY. sorry just a tiff I have. It drives me crazy LY. wink

oldengray1
10-21-2003, 03:38 PM
Smelling an upset in this one. Dogs overconfident-Texans not that bad at 5-2. Good coach and up and coming talent. Last years game was closer than the score. Could happen-it does all the time

espn1
10-21-2003, 03:45 PM
oldengray1:
Smelling an upset in this one. Dogs overconfident-Texans not that bad at 5-2. Good coach and up and coming talent. Last years game was closer than the score. Could happen-it does all the timeYeah! You could also win the Lottery, but not likely. Burnet has snapped and resnapped the ball all week. Burnet by alot.

bigdogsbulldogmom
10-21-2003, 05:13 PM
i think burnet will beat wimberly, and we do have a running game. they have several players coming up off jv that can do it if the varsity can't so we have all areas covered. I say burnet 52 Wimberly 19. But we will see. Well be there to watch. Go Burnet!!! And ya ya is wonderful.

unnamed_bdawg06
10-21-2003, 05:15 PM
we will beat them by more than that

i still stick w/ 58-0

unnamed_bdawg06
10-21-2003, 07:20 PM
Thats about right for "STATE DAWGS"

bulldogvet85
10-22-2003, 08:32 AM
I'm not so sure that this game will be a shut out though

PAINTBALL
10-22-2003, 09:00 AM
bulldogvet85:
I'm not so sure that this game will be a shut out thoughThis will be a good test for our defense in that Wimberley runs a similiar offense as Liberty Hill, except they run it with a wide out instead of two tight ends and pass quite a bit. We will see if our key defensive players make their right reads or take the fakes. Remember boys, follow the blockers to the ball and all that bumble jumble in their backfield will mean nothing.

clay
10-22-2003, 09:03 AM
BulldogMom PLEEEASE, didnt you read my post wimberLEY! LEY LEY LEY. OMG! BurnIT, Would that make you crazy too? :p I still think there is a chance for this board. Im not giving up.

olddawggreen
10-22-2003, 09:50 AM
oldengray1:
Smelling an upset in this one. Dogs overconfident-Texans not that bad at 5-2. Good coach and up and coming talent. Last years game was closer than the score. Could happen-it does all the timeLets remember the real world for a minute. I would say that some of the posters in here may come off sounding overconfident, as some always seem to do, but I would be willing to bet that the Burnet coaching staff is not letting the team take WimberLEY for granted. ONE GAME AT A TIME, TAKE NO ONE FOR GRANTED :D :D :D

<small>[ October 22, 2003, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

olddawggreen
10-22-2003, 09:52 AM
olddawggreen:

oldengray1:
Smelling an upset in this one. Dogs overconfident-Texans not that bad at 5-2. Good coach and up and coming talent. Last years game was closer than the score. Could happen-it does all the timeLets remember the real world for a minute. I would say that some of the posters in here may come off sounding overconfident, as some always seem to do, but I would be willing to bet that the Burnet coaching staff is not letting the team take WimberLEY for granted. ONE GAME AT A TIME, TAKE NO ONE FOR GRANTED :D :D :D

<small>[ October 22, 2003, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

oldengray1
10-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Without taking them for granted or even being overconfident is it possible that WimberLEY could have the best game of the year, Burnet the worst and a few calls go Wimberleys way and come out with a W?

bulldogvet85
10-22-2003, 10:31 AM
oldengray1:
Without taking them for granted or even being overconfident is it possible that WimberLEY could have the best game of the year, Burnet the worst and a few calls go Wimberleys way and come out with a W?I think you have a good point I have to say I can agree with you. But burnet losing I just this year have a hard time believing it. I think though it will be a good game and something worth watching. WimberLEY is a good team this year with good size I feel they will match up well with burnet hopefully they can force and capitalize on some turnovers from burnet. But when it comes down to you laying it on the table honestly I really think that Burnet will win

olddawggreen
10-22-2003, 10:36 AM
Anything can happen any given week. No team is unbeatable. Now that I've said that, I think that if Burnet plays with the skill that I know they have,is free of injuries and makes no mistakes, I think they will win this game. By how many points? Lets wait and see.

BURNETBULLDOG66
10-22-2003, 11:14 AM
Well if the game was in Wimberly again this year it might be closer....The refs there have screwed the bulldogs so hard the past two years it is not even funny. Its time for a little pay back. I hope the refs are totally one sided for burnet this time give them a little dose of their own medicine. I am still mad about two years ago when mcgee and shipley were sophmores and it was coach shipleys first year. Every big play burnet had was called back. Anyway i am done rambling now. Since this one is in b town i say the score will be 42-0 at the half and after half time 49-0 then the fourth quarter the backups come in and let them score so i say 49-7.

bulldogvet85
10-22-2003, 11:27 AM
WOW if you are a player talk about being over confident. You hope the refs goes your way. but if not you still will prolly win. i hope your whole team hasnt got a big head this week all of a sudden.

PAINTBALL
10-22-2003, 01:10 PM
bulldogvet85:
WOW if you are a player talk about being over confident. You hope the refs goes your way. but if not you still will prolly win. i hope your whole team hasnt got a big head this week all of a sudden.How can Burnetbulldog66 be a player when his location shows he is from Huntsville. I wonder if they can get online from prison?

PAINTBALL
10-22-2003, 01:11 PM
<small>[ October 22, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

bulldogvet85
10-22-2003, 01:17 PM
PAINTBALL:

bulldogvet85:
WOW if you are a player talk about being over confident. You hope the refs goes your way. but if not you still will prolly win. i hope your whole team hasnt got a big head this week all of a sudden.How can Burnetbulldog66 be a player when his location shows he is from Huntsville. I wonder if they can get online from prison?LOL good point I didnt even notice that I just went off the way he was talking he was talking like he was a player. I think though people in prison though can use the internet who knows now days theres alot you can do in prison though

PAINTBALL
10-22-2003, 01:41 PM
bulldogvet85:

PAINTBALL:

bulldogvet85:
WOW if you are a player talk about being over confident. You hope the refs goes your way. but if not you still will prolly win. i hope your whole team hasnt got a big head this week all of a sudden.How can Burnetbulldog66 be a player when his location shows he is from Huntsville. I wonder if they can get online from prison?LOL good point I didnt even notice that I just went off the way he was talking he was talking like he was a player. I think though people in prison though can use the internet who knows now days theres alot you can do in prison thoughI was just kidding. He's probably in college.

espn1
10-22-2003, 01:41 PM
BURNETBULLDOG66:
Well if the game was in Wimberly again this year it might be closer....The refs there have screwed the bulldogs so hard the past two years it is not even funny. Its time for a little pay back. I hope the refs are totally one sided for burnet this time give them a little dose of their own medicine. I am still mad about two years ago when mcgee and shipley were sophmores and it was coach shipleys first year. Every big play burnet had was called back. Anyway i am done rambling now. Since this one is in b town i say the score will be 42-0 at the half and after half time 49-0 then the fourth quarter the backups come in and let them score so i say 49-7.He is right about the refs.

BURNETBULLDOG66
10-22-2003, 02:12 PM
What i said came out all wrong. If anyone has gone to wimberly to see the game the last two years knows what i am talking about. I didn't mean i hope the refs are on our side. It would just be good to see for revenge, but i don't want that to happen because i don't want wimberly to have any excuses for their loss. I am confident that that bulldogs will play good and come out on top. Thats my team.

bulldogvet85
10-22-2003, 02:23 PM
I'm not saying you are wrong I've never had a problem with the refs there that I can remember but I'm not saying that it couldnt have happened. They do have a nice field though and so does burnet especially with those new play clocks and the new score board.

JCM
10-22-2003, 02:57 PM
I saw the last two Burnet games in Wimberley and the Refs were terrible but that's to be expected in Wimberley. Wimberley has a huge home-field advantage with their unique turf (you need the right shoes for traction) and sympathetic zebras. It comes with the territory.

PAINTBALL
10-22-2003, 03:16 PM
There's no use talking about the refs this year, because the game is in Burnet. The problem with the shoes raises another interesting debate. Should a school that elects to put in artificial turf be requird to furnish turf shoes to the teams they play that do not own two sets of shoes for their kids.
After Burnet made the playoff's last year, however, and decided because of the crowds to play in areas with turf, the school bit the bullet and bought turf shoes for the team. Burnet would not need to be one of those schools that would have to borrow shoes. It was the least they could do after all the money the boys made the school from the huge crowds.

unnamed_bdawg06
10-22-2003, 05:17 PM
How many ppl yall think are guna be at this game?

unnamed_bdawg06
10-22-2003, 05:18 PM
we know all of burnet, but how many other ppl?

Gobbla2001
10-22-2003, 05:20 PM
The question shouldn't be 'How bad is Burnet gunna beat Wimberly', but 'How bad is Burnet........ gunna get beaten by Marion?'...

unnamed_bdawg06
10-22-2003, 05:22 PM
i hope that was intended to be a joke ... cuz we goin all the way to state .... and are guna win this time

Gobbla2001
10-22-2003, 05:25 PM
unnamed_bdawg06:
i hope that was intended to be a joke ... cuz we goin all the way to state .... and are guna win this timeThis isn't about winning state, this is about having your butts handed to you by Marion...

You can't deny it, Burnet, Marion would put something on you Mr. Clean couldn't take off, I guarantee it... They'd put a couple of pop-knots on your head in the shape of the wishbone formation down thur...

unnamed_bdawg06
10-22-2003, 05:28 PM
keep dreamin, we got mcgee and shiply the best combination since pb&j ... who does marion have?

Gobbla2001
10-22-2003, 05:30 PM
unnamed_bdawg06:
keep dreamin, we got mcgee and shiply the best combination since pb&j ... who does marion have?They have lost this year, and don't wanna lose again, that's what they have...

They're also grounded... They don't have their head in the sky like Burnet, Durnit...

unnamed_bdawg06
10-22-2003, 06:30 PM
well if they lost already, then they cant beat us, cuz we r the best in the state

Ozzy
10-22-2003, 07:58 PM
this is like me argueing with my brother's kids.

Gobbla2001
10-22-2003, 08:00 PM
Ozzy:
this is like me argueing with my brother's kids.Isn't that off of a movie or something?

Ozzy
10-22-2003, 08:03 PM
Bob & Tom. Have you ever heard the Camel Toe song?

Gobbla2001
10-22-2003, 08:06 PM
Ozzy:
Bob & Tom. Have you ever heard the Camel Toe song?Yah, heard it but don't remember it...

I have the movie/show I heard that line on in my head, this may take a minute...

TOMBSTONNNNNNNNE!

Near the first of the movie where that guy talks about blowing some other guy up a bobcat's butt...

Now that I think about it, it might have been 'wildcat's butt', and he uses the A word instead, just don't use that one on this board...

<small>[ October 22, 2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

BURNETBULLDOG66
10-22-2003, 08:10 PM
Why is everybody so high and mighty on the Marion Bulldogs. We will see when it comes down to it. But until then lets let the play on the field do the talking. I hope we do get the chance to play marion. We will see who the real bulldogs are. So until then lets get off mairion's nuts. The real task here is wimberly.

BURNETBULLDOG66
10-22-2003, 08:11 PM
Why is everybody so high and mighty on the Marion Bulldogs. We will see when it comes down to it. But until then lets let the play on the field do the talking. I hope we do get the chance to play marion. We will see who the real bulldogs are. So until then lets get off mairion's nuts. The real task here is wimberly.

olddawggreen
10-22-2003, 09:28 PM
BURNETBULLDOG66:
Why is everybody so high and mighty on the Marion Bulldogs. We will see when it comes down to it. But until then lets let the play on the field do the talking. I hope we do get the chance to play marion. We will see who the real bulldogs are. So until then lets get off mairion's nuts. The real task here is wimberly.EVERYBODY CHILL ABOUT MARION! THEY WERE JUST PULLING YOUR CHAIN. RELAX! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bigdogsbulldogmom
10-23-2003, 12:09 AM
go Burnet Bulldogs i know they will do good as always!

espn1
10-23-2003, 12:41 AM
BURNETBULLDOG66:
Why is everybody so high and mighty on the Marion Bulldogs. We will see when it comes down to it. But until then lets let the play on the field do the talking. I hope we do get the chance to play marion. We will see who the real bulldogs are. So until then lets get off mairion's nuts. The real task here is wimberly.Burnet would never play Marion. Somerset is set in stone. All of this Marion stuff is stupid.

odzachary
10-23-2003, 05:19 AM
Burnet 46

Wimberley 14

<small>[ October 23, 2003, 05:22 AM: Message edited by: odzachary ]</small>

unnamed_bdawg06
10-23-2003, 05:10 PM
Tomorrow is the game ... i still say 58-0 Burnet

thunder
10-23-2003, 06:10 PM
wimberely 28 burnet 21

Gobbla2001
10-23-2003, 06:15 PM
espn1:

BURNETBULLDOG66:
Why is everybody so high and mighty on the Marion Bulldogs. We will see when it comes down to it. But until then lets let the play on the field do the talking. I hope we do get the chance to play marion. We will see who the real bulldogs are. So until then lets get off mairion's nuts. The real task here is wimberly.Burnet would never play Marion. Somerset is set in stone. All of this Marion stuff is stupid.No, all of the people who didn't understand that it was a joke are...

'Got Burnet?'

BHS#1
10-24-2003, 08:46 AM
ttt

Jerry10ydCurl
10-24-2003, 10:09 AM
I am going to say Burnet will pitch a shutout. If the offense struggles, Burnet wins 33-0. If the O is clicking, 53-0.

unnamed_bdawg06
10-24-2003, 10:52 PM
34-0 That's one more dash on the win side for Burnet.