PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum-Refugio Scrimmage story

Scoop27
08-23-2014, 11:57 PM
http://www.advosports.com/news/2014/aug/22/mf_refugio_yoakum_082314_247376/

Pudlugger
08-24-2014, 08:54 AM
So what's up with the tempers flying? Refugio sounds a little out of control. I know the Bulldogs don't cotton to that sort of behavior.

bd62
08-24-2014, 09:32 AM
This group of Bulldogs have several that Coach K will have to tame down and he will or they will be on bench . Saw some of that at Bellville scrimmage.

YTBulldogs
08-24-2014, 12:56 PM
It's always like this when we play Refugio, there. Nothing major happened really. Just hate the fact, last two times we have scrimmaged them there, we were not able to run many plays and what I consider the important live quarter(s), cause it gets shortened due to non-football related activities. Especially this year, and the new :40 sec clock being used, that live quarter would of been nice.

Really don't see any benefit scrimmaging them. They can't service our freshman, cause they don't have a team. Might as well scrimmage our own guys, and get some work in. Or, scrimmage them in the first scrimmage. Usually don't run a live quarter in this one anyways. 2nd scrimmage is too important not to get it in IMO. Had no issues when they came here last year. It's just down there.

What we did run, was nice seeing a major upgrade then the Bellville scrimmage. Just gotta keep improving weekly and gaining that depth we will need in this tough district. Appears we will have a freshman or two make varsity. Can't recall the last freshman we had to make varsity. Should be a very exciting year in Bulldog Country.

regaleagle
08-24-2014, 01:18 PM
I saw the Hights kid in a playoff game in Victoria several years ago, and he's a senior now. He was very impressive back then, so I reckon the Bulldogs will be scoring often this season with him. This is a team that could rise in the polls if they get that special chemistry working and the defense comes together. I think offensively they will be more than capable of contending with the better teams in DII.