PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville vs Anchorage (AK) South High 8/29

hollywood
08-23-2014, 10:48 PM
First game of the season starts with an opponent traveling further away than any other team the Jackets have ever played. A larger school than Stephenville, the Wolverines will come into this game most likely playing further south geographically than any game they have ever played. Will the hot and humid weather be a defying factor in this game? Absolutely it will and especially for the Wolverines. As it will be the warmest climate the Wolverines will have likely ever played in, but rest assured, they will be excited and intense to the challenge. This will be a very good experience for both teams. Season has started and will be officially kicked off next Friday for the 5 time State Champions Stephenville Yellow Jackets. What do we know about the South High Wolverines? We will find out next Friday night! Get ready folks,'Friday night lights are here... Just a few days away.

http://sawolverines.com

Caprocker
08-23-2014, 10:59 PM
First game of the season starts with an opponent traveling further away than any other team the Jackets have ever played. A larger school than Stephenville, the Wolverines will come into this game most likely playing further south geographically than any game they have ever played. Will the hot and humid weather be a defying factor in this game? Absolutely it will and especially for the Wolverines. As it will be the warmest climate the Wolverines will have likely ever played in, but rest assured, they will be excited and intense to the challenge. This will be a very good experience for both teams. Season has started and will be officially kicked off next Friday for the 5 time State Champions Stephenville Yellow Jackets. What do we know about the South High Wolverines? We will find out next Friday night! Get ready folks,'Friday night lights are here... Just a few days away.

http://sawolverines.com
And will be more than likely a blowout for the ville against a bunch of guys who are better ice fishermen, snowmobilers, and Iditarod dog mushers.

YTBulldogs
08-23-2014, 11:01 PM
And will be more than likely a blowout for the ville against a bunch of guys who are better ice fishermen, snowmobilers, and Iditarod dog mushers.

LOL. Totally agree. Ville by 40. Unless it snows, then by 35. If Sarah Palin comes, let me know, I'd like to see her.

Caprocker
08-23-2014, 11:06 PM
I bet anchorage boys can grow some beards though.. Get some of that.

Cam
08-24-2014, 12:08 AM
LOL. Totally agree. Ville by 40. Unless it snows, then by 35. If Sarah Palin comes, let me know, I'd like to see her.

:thinking:....did you mean "I'd like to seed her"???....:eek:

Gen.Pat
08-24-2014, 07:43 AM
Jackets will beat the Breaks off them Boys.

Aesculus gilmus
08-24-2014, 08:09 AM
At least they're the school on the south side of town. Shortens the distance a bit.

Gilmer's hospital just announced it was closing. I hope the one in Stephenville is still open and ready to accept all the "heat stroke" victims.

http://nationalhsfootball.com/2014/01/anchorage-south-to-travel-to-texas-for-high-school-football-game-against-stephenville/

2muchOffense
08-24-2014, 08:09 AM
After looking at their team page, it looks like them Alaska boys have some good size. However since they spelled Stephenville wrong on the schedule I don't think they have done enough homework. I'm a little concerned about them already playing two games, but I doubt they face very many spread teams up there. Had we not lost to Mexico in 2012 we might have taken this game too lightly. You can count on Coach G having these Jackets fired up. Our cans are dusted off and its gonna be loud this Friday in the Ville.....and hot!

Pudlugger
08-24-2014, 08:57 AM
Those Anchorage boys will be tough. After putting up with mosquitoes all summer they will enjoy the dry heat of West Texas. This will be their third game so they should be getting it together by now.

hollywood
08-24-2014, 10:55 AM
At least they're the school on the south side of town. Shortens the distance a bit.

Gilmer's hospital just announced it was closing. I hope the one in Stephenville is still open and ready to accept all the "heat stroke" victims.

http://nationalhsfootball.com/2014/01/anchorage-south-to-travel-to-texas-for-high-school-football-game-against-stephenville/

Wolverines will be fortunate that a cold front is forecasted for Friday. The high will be 91 degrees! It hasn't gotten over 61 degrees in Anchorage the week.

Even Fort Laurderdale had issues with the heat last year. I don't see the Alaskans handling this weather very well. Hopefully for the players safety they have been training in a controlled heated facility! Otherwise, heat exhaustion will be a risk.

regaleagle
08-24-2014, 12:58 PM
I don't expect those Wolverines with an enrollment of over 1700 have any idea what they'll be up against playing smaller classification schools from Texas in football, haha. Heck, they'd probably have trouble with an East Bernard or Cisco, much less Stephenville. I believe they done went and chewed off a bit more than they realized here, lol. Now maybe they could give somebody like Perryton out in the much "cooler" climate of the Panhandle a whirl, but we won't ever know. Looks like the Yellowjackets backups better get ready for a lot of minutes in the 2nd half.

hollywood
08-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Soph RB for Sville should have a field day

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/634/15/3015634.JPG

Rabid Cougar
08-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Watch the second half of the North Texas vs Ball State game from last season. Played in Denton on a September Saturday afternoon. If there ever was a team that melted in the second half. from the Texas heat ... Ball State.

Emerson1
08-25-2014, 08:35 AM
According to their schedule they play Stephensville, not Stephenville.

Seriously, why do so many people want to add an S to it?

jason
08-25-2014, 08:38 AM
This will be the Fox Sports Southwest DQ Big Game of the Week.

It won't be 60-0. I heard they have a pretty solid defense but struggle to put up points.
They have played 2 games already so they also might be a little more polished than most week 0 opponents.
I think Stephenville (and the heat, even if it is only in the low 90's) eventually win out, but it might be a little closer than what people think.

Rabid Cougar
08-25-2014, 09:02 AM
According to their schedule they play Stephensville, not Stephenville.

Seriously, why do so many people want to add an S to it?

Join the club...... China Spring"S".

hollywood
08-25-2014, 09:35 AM
There is good football outside of Texas believe it or not! lol

I think South High will be a very good team. I did some research on their school. They are the #803 nationally ranked high school is the US in academic indicators. Stephenville is #1998 for what it's worth. South High is the #1 public high school in Alaska academically. Do they know football? I bet their pretty salty. Most likely, they play smart football! :D

Anchorage South High
2014 Academic Indicators
National Rank #803
College Readiness Index 39.0
Math Proficiency 2.8
Reading Proficiency 2.9
Student/Teacher Ratio 21:1

Stephenville High
2014 Academic Indicators
National Rank #1,998
College Readiness Index 18.5
Geometry Proficiency 3.3
Reading Proficiency 2.8
Student/Teacher Ratio 14:1

refereedoc
08-25-2014, 09:40 AM
There is good football outside of Texas believe it or not! lol

I think South High will be a very good team. I did some research on their school. They are the #803 nationally ranked high school is the US in academic indicators. Stephenville is #1998 for what it's worth. South High is the #1 public high school in Alaska academically. Do they know football? I bet their pretty salty. Most likely, they play smart football! :D

Anchorage South High
2014 Academic Indicators
National Rank #803
College Readiness Index 39.0
Math Proficiency 2.8
Reading Proficiency 2.9
Student/Teacher Ratio 21:1

Stephenville High
2014 Academic Indicators
National Rank #1,998
College Readiness Index 18.5
Geometry Proficiency 3.3
Reading Proficiency 2.8
Student/Teacher Ratio 14:1

Wow we are getting technical! I guess since we are better geometrically speaking, our better understanding of angles should help us win, huh?:helpme:

D'Highlander
08-25-2014, 09:44 AM
What is the conversion rate between "West Texas Speed" and "South Alaskan Speed"?

Sville
08-25-2014, 09:51 AM
This will be the Fox Sports Southwest DQ Big Game of the Week.

It won't be 60-0. I heard they have a pretty solid defense but struggle to put up points.
They have played 2 games already so they also might be a little more polished than most week 0 opponents.
I think Stephenville (and the heat, even if it is only in the low 90's) eventually win out, but it might be a little closer than what people think.

^^This plus for whatever reason we seem to start slowly.

Ville-D
08-25-2014, 09:57 AM
I think we will start fast this year. The combined running ability of Stidham and Williams will soften teams up early, then we will be able to pass when ever we need to. I see it as a blowout. Once we take the red jersey off of Stidham, it opens up a whole new side of the game that has not been there the past 2 weeks.

Stephenville by 40 to 50.

caleb_mccaig
08-25-2014, 10:00 AM

Nothing worse than when someone says China Spring(s). Or when people try and put an "r" in my last name, happens all the time.

hollywood
08-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Wow we are getting technical! I guess since we are better geometrically speaking, our better understanding of angles should help us win, huh?:helpme:

I like your logic refereedoc!

:2thumbsup

hollywood
08-25-2014, 10:06 AM
Nothing worse than when someone says China Spring(s). Or when people try and put an "r" in my last name, happens all the time.

Even worse is when people say Walmarts. Drives me crazy!!

refereedoc
08-25-2014, 10:12 AM
What is the conversion rate between "West Texas Speed" and "South Alaskan Speed"?

Can a jack rabbit outrun a polar bear?:hairpunk:

Sweetwater Red
08-25-2014, 10:27 AM

Another member of the club is Big Spring"s". People that have lived out here in the area their entire
lives still add the s.

waterboy
08-25-2014, 11:11 AM
That's alright. A lot of people not from our area still call us Gilmore. It's GILMER dufusses!:foul:

This Alaska team coming down here to Texas might be a little better than we realize. It's better to be cautiously optimistic than to be overconfident. I do think the heat down here will make them wilt, and I think Stephenville wins going away. Can you say CRAMPS?

hollywood
08-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Here's a story on the Wolverines commenting on the opportunity to play Stephenville when the agreement started. Why they chose Stephenville, guess it's because they wanted to play the best. :cool:

http://nationalhsfootball.com/2014/01/anchorage-south-coach-john-lewis-says-his-team-will-not-be-intimidated-by-texas-team-in-out-of-state-showdown/

Ville-D
08-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Pictures from their Game 1 - How many kids does it look like they suit up?

https://plus.google.com/photos/107982745568890740260/albums/6048674101941592225?banner=pwa

(https://plus.google.com/photos/107982745568890740260/albums/6048674101941592225?banner=pwa)

D'Highlander
08-25-2014, 12:20 PM
How many kids does it look like they suit up?

I read where they are limited to 45 but that looks like way less.

Sville
08-25-2014, 12:20 PM
I think we will start fast this year. The combined running ability of Stidham and Williams will soften teams up early, then we will be able to pass when ever we need to. I see it as a blowout. Once we take the red jersey off of Stidham, it opens up a whole new side of the game that has not been there the past 2 weeks.

Stephenville by 40 to 50.

I hope so, the Jackets are 2-4 the last 6 years in openers and both wins were by 1 point.

Ville-D
08-25-2014, 12:27 PM
I read where they are limited to 45 but that looks like way less.

Looks like about 25 to 30 to me.

2muchOffense
08-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Yeah but the last six games included two from that feisty bunch south of the border and the other four were against some very good Aledo teams. Three which ended up being state champs.

toddg
08-25-2014, 01:04 PM
that's alright. A lot of people not from our area still call us gilmore. It's gilmer dufusses!:foul:

This alaska team coming down here to texas might be a little better than we realize. It's better to be cautiously optimistic than to be overconfident. I do think the heat down here will make them wilt, and i think stephenville wins going away. can you say cramps?

pickle juice

waterboy
08-25-2014, 01:09 PM
pickle juice

Personally, I've never tried it. Does it really work?

I know that we played a little ol' team from Las Vegas in '06 called Bishop Gorman in our opener. You would think they would be used to the heat seeing as they are from the desert, but they started wilting and cramping before halftime. They were jello in the second half. We put a good ol' whooping on them Vegas boys to the tune of 56-17, if memory serves.

toddg
08-25-2014, 01:30 PM

I know that we played a little ol' team from Las Vegas in '06 called Bishop Gorman in our opener. You would think they would be used to the heat seeing as they are from the desert, but they started wilting and cramping before halftime. They were jello in the second half. We put a good ol' whooping on them Vegas boys to the tune of 56-17, if memory serves.

way faster, and more effective than gatorade type products..electrolyte super boost!!! plain water intake, and pickle juice shots readily available..no team would wilt!!!

Sville
08-25-2014, 01:47 PM
One of the best electrolytes on the planet is coconut water. If I know I am going to be on a fire scene for a while I will bring some with me.

hollywood
08-25-2014, 01:52 PM
One of the best electrolytes on the planet is coconut water. If I know I am going to be on a fire scene for a while I will bring some with me.

I may be going out on a limb here but I bet coconuts are hard to find in Alaska. They may have to raid HEB when they arrive in Stephenville this week.

:D

refereedoc
08-25-2014, 01:53 PM

Absolutely correct. They used it in WWII for IV's in the Pacific when they ran out of glucose.

hollywood
08-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Pictures from their Game 1 - How many kids does it look like they suit up?

https://plus.google.com/photos/107982745568890740260/albums/6048674101941592225?banner=pwa

(https://plus.google.com/photos/107982745568890740260/albums/6048674101941592225?banner=pwa)

They will be enlightened by our crowd. Looked like a packed house in those photos of their 1st game. What 200-300? :eek:

hollywood
08-25-2014, 01:57 PM
pickle juice

I like pickle juice... but not purple pickle juice

:crazy:

toddg
08-25-2014, 02:05 PM
I like pickle juice... but not purple pickle juice

:crazy:

PURPLE & VEGAS GOLD PICKLE JUICE is the BOMB!!
accept no substitutes!!!

Sville
08-25-2014, 02:31 PM
I may be going out on a limb here but I bet coconuts are hard to find in Alaska. They may have to raid HEB when they arrive in Stephenville this week.

:D

Most convenience stores sell it in the same section as Gatorade, it is much better for you than the sugar filled sports drinks.

hollywood
08-25-2014, 03:05 PM
Most convenience stores sell it in the same section as Gatorade, it is much better for you than the sugar filled sports drinks.

Yes it is Sville! I've used it in smoothies, juices, and have drunk it by itself for several years. By itself... blah!! But it's good for you.

alaskacat
08-25-2014, 03:29 PM
Dont make much difference, several of the south players are from Texas , and Somoa :) They are big and quick. Dont underestimate them. Schools up here venture outside once in awhile mostly to washington and win as many as they loose, but they always pick on the big guys. The heat will bother them, since as hot as it got up here is like 76.

caleb_mccaig
08-25-2014, 03:33 PM
pickle juice

Coaches made us drink pickle juice before every game and at halftime when I played. I can honestly say that in all three years of varsity I never cramped once in a game.

Did anyone see those kids during one of the games on ESPN this week who were chugging mustard straight from bottle? It made me want to throw up, but apparently is also a way to fight cramps.

hollywood
08-25-2014, 04:02 PM
I know the Wolverine is suppose to be one tough creature! But how they can handle Texas heat and a swarm of pissed off Yellowjackets will be entertaining.

I'm just glad we're not playing the Honeybadgers! Wholly shite... that would be a brawl.

Sville
08-25-2014, 04:19 PM
FWIW I wouldn't mind enjoying some Anchorage weather this time of year.

Gone Fishing
08-25-2014, 04:38 PM
My dad used to tell me that when he played at Rice back in the 40's that Jess Neely would have them iced down coke a colas when they got to the locker at half time.....lol true story

Smitty
08-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Its not the heat that's going to get them, it's the humidity!

Cam
08-25-2014, 06:44 PM

I tried pickle juice once......gave me the shiites!!!.....

regaleagle
08-25-2014, 07:24 PM
Methinks the team from Alaska will be really excited come Friday nite under those lights in Stephenville with all those rabid fans attending. It's just a different kind of atmosphere for high school football than just about anywhere else....and they'll definitely be impressed. It'll probably be a highlight experience they'll remember for many, many years....and we do it every week all over the state, regardless of classification. Put on your gamefaces and make us proud, you Jacketeers.

refereedoc
08-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Methinks the team from Alaska will be really excited come Friday nite under those lights in Stephenville with all those rabid fans attending. It's just a different kind of atmosphere for high school football than just about anywhere else....and they'll definitely be impressed. It'll probably be a highlight experience they'll remember for many, many years....and we do it every week all over the state, regardless of classification. Put on your gamefaces and make us proud, you Jacketeers.
Oh yea, 7000 can shaking fans. It will be a great atmosphere.

alaskacat
08-25-2014, 10:26 PM
Those Anchorage boys will be tough. After putting up with mosquitoes all summer they will enjoy the dry heat of West Texas. This will be their third game so they should be getting it together by now.they will, and here is a little insite, a little video of this year and before''

http://www.hudl.com/team/18961/highlights/71626901

Crowd size will probably be their week point..lol here a couple hundred show up usually :)

hollywood
08-25-2014, 10:47 PM
they will, and here is a little insite, a little video of this year and before''

http://www.hudl.com/team/18961/highlights/71626901

Crowd size will probably be their week point..lol here a couple hundred show up usually :)

Thanks for sharing alaskacat! The team in the powderpuff blue appears to be deceptively slow. DL for that team doesn't fire off the ball and pursuit angles are way off. Give credit to South High's OL and RB, but the Wolverines will be in for a treat against the years Jackets. DL will be a strong point! :)

Ville-D
08-26-2014, 12:07 AM
Thanks for sharing alaskacat! The team in the powderpuff blue appears to be deceptively slow. DL for that team doesn't fire off the ball and pursuit angles are way off. Give credit to South High's OL and RB, but the Wolverines will be in for a treat against the years Jackets. DL will be a strong point! :)

We ready.

jason
08-26-2014, 08:32 AM
Oh yea, 7000 can shaking fans. It will be a great atmosphere.
7,000?? Might be a stretch for a week 0 game....

Doesn't TSU memorial only hold 7,000?

panfan
08-26-2014, 08:33 AM
I know the Wolverine is suppose to be one tough creature! But how they can handle Texas heat and a swarm of pissed off Yellowjackets will be entertaining.

I'm just glad we're not playing the Honeybadgers! Wholly shite... that would be a brawl.

Wolverines are badasses. But those friggin yellowjackets, you swat them they don't die, then they overwhelm you.

I meant to tell you when we were up there, I've tried so many times to download the hollywood scene from the movie 1941 and post it for you. There are a couple different times in the movie where a japanese soldier shouts out "Hollywood" in broken engrish. LOL!

Ya'll take it easy on them Anchorage boys.

Ville-D
08-26-2014, 08:47 AM
7,000?? Might be a stretch for a week 0 game....

Doesn't TSU memorial only hold 7,000?

Well, maybe the migrant Alaskans that work around here will fill up the visitor side, kind of Like when Mexico was here.

jason
08-26-2014, 09:15 AM
Well, maybe the migrant Alaskans that work around here will fill up the visitor side, kind of Like when Mexico was here.

Hope not, I plan on sitting on that side!!

Ville-D
08-26-2014, 11:59 AM
Hope not, I plan on sitting on that side!!

Wear a sombrero and bring a Mexican flag and a vuvuzela.

hollywood
08-26-2014, 12:19 PM
Wear a sombrero and bring a Mexican flag and a vuvuzela.

No, it's more like don't shower and shave for the next 3 days and clean some fish right before the game. Where's the mountain man in you man?

Smitty
08-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Salmon and Elk steaks are not on the menu at TSU Stadium. Bring your whale blubber to chew on.

Ville-D
08-26-2014, 01:19 PM
No, it's more like don't shower and shave for the next 3 days and clean some fish right before the game. Where's the mountain man in you man?

Wait, you mean this is not a team from Mexico?

hollywood
08-26-2014, 01:45 PM

No más cerveza para usted!!

refereedoc
08-26-2014, 01:56 PM

:fnypost::2thumbsup

Txbroadcaster
08-26-2014, 03:11 PM
Yes it is Sville! I've used it in smoothies, juices, and have drunk it by itself for several years. By itself... blah!! But it's good for you.

Helps me stay hydrated when I drink vodka

Cam
08-26-2014, 03:12 PM
No más cerveza para usted!!

Oh wow!....hollywood is Puerto Rican??.....:vrycnfsd:

hollywood
08-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Oh wow!....hollywood is Puerto Rican??.....:vrycnfsd:

:speech:

hollywood
08-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Helps me stay hydrated when I drink vodka

Atta boy! lol

Cam
08-26-2014, 03:36 PM

Mexico....Alaska....same difference!...:vrycnfsd:....both places love their tacos!....salmon tacos, alligator gar tacos (fresh from the Rio Grande), bean tacos, goat tacos, moose tacos, elk tacos, meese tacos, moosessss tacos, geese tacos, chicken tacos, fried shrimp tacos (Bubba Gump's favorite), BLT tacos, toe jam tacos (only in Alaska), chupacabra tacos (only in Mexico), guacamole tacos, potato & egg tacos, potato & egg & pine needle tacos (an Alaskan specialty), bear crap tacos (again only in Alaska), nopalito tacos, ta-con-madre, etc, etc.....the list is endless.....

hollywood
08-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Mexico....Alaska....same difference!...:vrycnfsd:....both places love their tacos!....salmon tacos, alligator gar tacos (fresh from the Rio Grande), bean tacos, goat tacos, moose tacos, elk tacos, meese tacos, moosessss tacos, geese tacos, chicken tacos, fried shrimp tacos (Bubba Gump's favorite), BLT tacos, toe jam tacos (only in Alaska), chupacabra tacos (only in Mexico), guacamole tacos, potato & egg tacos, potato & egg & pine needle tacos (an Alaskan specialty), bear crap tacos (again only in Alaska), nopalito tacos, ta-con-madre, etc, etc.....the list is endless.....

What's Cam's favorite?

Cam
08-26-2014, 03:49 PM
What's Cam's favorite?

....the one that's shaped like a taco!...:eek:......no actually, I'm a pretty regular kind of a guy....ya know....simplicity at it's finest....I like barbacoa tacos and plain ol potato & egg tacos.....

hollywood
08-26-2014, 04:03 PM
....the one that's shaped like a taco!...:eek:......no actually, I'm a pretty regular kind of a guy....ya know....simplicity at it's finest....I like barbacoa tacos and plain ol potato & egg tacos.....

Ever tried taco's at the Fuego Tortilla Factory in Aggieland?! Freakin' amazing. They are huge.. but delicious!!

Cam
08-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Ever tried taco's at the Fuego Tortilla Factory in Aggieland?! Freakin' amazing. They are huge.. but delicious!!

Never...but I'll remember that!

Cam
08-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Wonder how many Alaskan faithful will make the trip?.......ya'll Stephenville folk better remember your (Wimberley) Texan hospitality and bring plenty of ice packs, neck cooling rolls, umbrellas, and Eskimo Pies for them folks!....they ain't used to this heat!....:evillol:.......wonder if them folks use deodorant?...or do they just rub their arm pits with a herring??...:stirpot:....just kiddin' my fellow Americanos...just kiddin'.....seen any Russian bombers up there lately??.....:D

and just to let ya'll Alaskans know....them Stephenville folks are in no way associated with the Cam....them is good folks!....

....don't forget to ask them about the aliens!!!!

Cam
08-26-2014, 04:32 PM

...and them folks on the highway seem to be in an awful hurry!!!....

Sville
08-26-2014, 08:47 PM
Cody's Corner Week 1 (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?board=21.0)

refereedoc
08-27-2014, 09:36 AM
Bulletin Board material from the Coach Lewis in Anchorage:
“I didn’t notice an ’S’ on anybody’s chest, so he’s no Superman,” Coach Lewis said of trying to pressure Stidham.

“He’s good, he’s obviously legit,” said Lewis, who has only seen Stephenville on film from its preseason scrimmages. “I know he’s not going to be able to wear a red jersey, and it’s up to our team to pressure him.

hollywood
08-27-2014, 10:04 AM
Bulletin Board material from the Coach Lewis in Anchorage:
“I didn’t notice an ’S’ on anybody’s chest, so he’s no Superman,” Coach Lewis said of trying to pressure Stidham.

“He’s good, he’s obviously legit,” said Lewis, who has only seen Stephenville on film from its preseason scrimmages. “I know he’s not going to be able to wear a red jersey, and it’s up to our team to pressure him.

Ahhheeee!

Nothing like a little fool for the fire.

Hey, let them key on Stidham and see what happens. Let them pick their poison. Weapons all over the field on O. Even though it's the first game for Sville, South High will not have seen on O that clicks at the pace Sville does.

Bullaholic
08-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Ahhheeee!

Nothing like a little fool for the fire.

Hey, let them key on Stidham and see what happens. Let them pick their poison. Weapons all over the field on O. Even though it's the first game for Sville, South High will not have seen on O that clicks at the pace Sville does.

The Jackets are in trouble, hollywood---I hear the Anchorage coach talked to the Monterrey coach....:D

Smitty
08-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Me thinks I will sit on visitors side the first half and take advantage of some shade! I also want to get a good look at Souths coaching staff when they get a first hand look at the Jackets offense.

refereedoc
08-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Me thinks I will sit on visitors side the first half and take advantage of some shade! I also want to get a good look at Souths coaching staff when they get a first hand look at the Jackets offense.

I will be taking pictures, so I may slide over there and get a glimpse. I will report back.

D'Highlander
08-27-2014, 11:53 AM
The Jackets are in trouble, hollywood---I hear the Anchorage coach talked to the Monterrey coach....:D

Wait... is AS sending their college team too?

hollywood
08-27-2014, 11:55 AM

:fnypost:

Ville-D
08-27-2014, 01:17 PM

Do they play football in college in AK?

Ville-D
08-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Good Video

http://www.youralaskalink.com/local-programs/aksn/South-Football-Heads-to-Texas-272670321.html

D'Highlander
08-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Good Video

http://www.youralaskalink.com/local-programs/aksn/South-Football-Heads-to-Texas-272670321.html

Some BIG fish!

jason
08-27-2014, 02:27 PM
They've been wearing long sleeves and pants to adjust to the heat!!! They'll be ready!!!

Ville-D
08-27-2014, 02:34 PM
They've been wearing long sleeves and pants to adjust to the heat!!! They'll be ready!!!

I thought the same thing. lol

refereedoc
08-27-2014, 02:34 PM
Impressed with the fish. 203 lb halibut is bigger than some of the players.

Ville-D
08-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Impressed with the fish. 203 lb halibut is bigger than some of the players.

Hell-uva Halibut.

hollywood
08-27-2014, 03:05 PM
Didn't think coaches still wore jeans at practice.

2muchOffense
08-27-2014, 03:17 PM
I'm excited about seeing our offense on Friday to say the least. However NG Reynolds has about 50 pounds on the center. It could be a long night for the Anchorage O-line. That kid is a monster!

jason
08-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Imagine if they were coming and playing a school close to their enrollment - like Aledo.
Think their coach would still be as optimistic as he seems to be in all these interviews?

hollywood
08-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Imagine if they were coming and playing a school close to their enrollment - like Aledo.
Think their coach would still be as optimistic as he seems to be in all these interviews?

Alvarado might be a better test for them.

Bullaholic
08-27-2014, 03:57 PM
All joking aside---I really think the Jackets will win this one by 14-21. All due respect to Anchorage for scheduling such a long distance game in a radically different climate from their own.

Smitty
08-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Alvarado might be a better test for them.

Ohh come on! We like joking!

Smitty
08-27-2014, 05:13 PM
somehow that did not come out right, this is why I normally just read the threads!

hollywood
08-27-2014, 09:20 PM
somehow that did not come out right, this is why I normally just read the threads!

:wave:

hollywood
08-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Stephenville welcomes Anchorage, AK South High Wolverines!

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cm/popularmechanics/images/4g/ufo-cover-pic-470-0309.jpg

Dawgs
08-27-2014, 10:05 PM
8 players starting both ways in the Texas heat trying to keep up with Ville's pace? Ville by as many as they want. Boys will be lucky to finish the game. Ville won't be tested till the last game of the regular season.

Smitty
08-27-2014, 10:13 PM
8 players going both ways! Ok I gotta see this! Might need to have more than a couple of ambulances on stand by at the game.

Dawgs
08-27-2014, 10:41 PM
8 players going both ways! Ok I gotta see this! Might need to have more than a couple of ambulances on stand by at the game.

Thats what it said on the roster when I followed the link to "Cody's Corner". Seriously better have more than 1 ambulance on standby. I don't think they know what they are getting into.

alaskacat
08-28-2014, 02:04 PM
Thats why I spend the entire summer up here and come back at pllayoff time :)

refereedoc
08-28-2014, 02:18 PM

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cm/popularmechanics/images/4g/ufo-cover-pic-470-0309.jpg

:redxpoke:

Great stuff Holly!

waterboy
08-28-2014, 02:27 PM

Reckon dem aliens'll show up for this 'un? I don't mean the ones from south of the border, either...

Anybody on here ever seen dem alien craft for real?

hollywood
08-28-2014, 02:33 PM
Stephenville High Yellow Jacket fans

http://mediaassets.reporternews.com/photo/2014/05/19/156096_4899671_ver1.0_640_480.JPG

Anchorage South High Wolverine fans

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/2011-ncaa-football-fans-snow-24015244.jpg

football8
08-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Stephenville JV blue team defeated Hamilton's Varsity tonight 19 - 14

alaskacat
08-28-2014, 11:49 PM
Team alaska vs Team Oregon whole game 2012 some of the players are the same.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A0SO80syBABUEwMAUzlXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBsOX B2YTRjBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkAw--?p=alaska+high+school+football+vs+washington+high+ schools&tnr=21&vid=D2715AB9B0473B001999D2715AB9B0473B001999&l=5023&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DUN.6 08031815919340971%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D06 tyqHcG8FY&sigr=11a6vtmm5&tt=b&tit=2012+Tanoa+Bowl+-+Team+Oregon+v+Team+Alaska+-+HS+Football&sigt=11pr01a5t&back=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%3Fei%3 DUTF-8%26p%3Dalaska%2Bhigh%2Bschool%2Bfootball%2Bvs%2Bw ashington%2Bhgh%2Bschools%26type%3D714647%26fr%3Dc hr-greentree_ff%26ilc%3D12&sigb=146m4pkrm

Alaska roster

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1141571-2012-tanoa-bowl-roster-alaska

hollywood
08-29-2014, 08:59 AM
Team alaska vs Team Oregon whole game 2012 some of the players are the same.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A0SO80syBABUEwMAUzlXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBsOX B2YTRjBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkAw--?p=alaska+high+school+football+vs+washington+high+ schools&tnr=21&vid=D2715AB9B0473B001999D2715AB9B0473B001999&l=5023&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DUN.6 08031815919340971%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D06 tyqHcG8FY&sigr=11a6vtmm5&tt=b&tit=2012+Tanoa+Bowl+-+Team+Oregon+v+Team+Alaska+-+HS+Football&sigt=11pr01a5t&back=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%3Fei%3 DUTF-8%26p%3Dalaska%2Bhigh%2Bschool%2Bfootball%2Bvs%2Bw ashington%2Bhgh%2Bschools%26type%3D714647%26fr%3Dc hr-greentree_ff%26ilc%3D12&sigb=146m4pkrm

Alaska roster

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1141571-2012-tanoa-bowl-roster-alaska

alaskacat, links really didn't show much about the Wolverines. In about 9 1/2 hours, we'll be able to see a lot more. ;)

2muchOffense
08-29-2014, 09:23 AM
The rain this morning has made some great weather for the day.....high about 95 and humid as hell. The wolverines should have practiced in sauna suits instead of blue jeans. Football is almost here!

toddg
08-29-2014, 09:37 AM
Woke up this mornin'
Nobody was home
It was so boring
Being here all alone
I sang a song of sorrow
Make your heart ache
Same thing tomorrow
Fooor goooodness saaake
I got the back to school
I said the baack tooo schoooool..bluuuuuuesss

hollywood
08-29-2014, 11:56 AM
All joking aside, Stephenville welcomes the South High Wolverines with open arms. It's exciting to host another out of state football program. South High is a very tradition rich program in Alaska which will be interesting to see how they measure up with one of Texas's best football programs. It's not very often that HS football teams get to experience this type of opportunity and compare your program with ones from other regions of the country. Listening to Coach G this morning reminded me of the coordination that was involved to make this happen. He mentioned better them than us to have to travel that far to play a game. I think it would be a great experience for Stephenville or any other tradition rich football program to travel to places like Ohio, Alabama, Florida or California to play some of the top programs they claim to have.

I'll do my best to make it to that side of the stadium to meet some of the Alaskans!

jason
08-29-2014, 12:41 PM
All joking aside, Stephenville welcomes the South High Wolverines with open arms. It's exciting to host another out of state football program. South High is a very tradition rich program in Alaska which will be interesting to see how they measure up with one of Texas's best football programs. It's not very often that HS football teams get to experience this type of opportunity and compare your program with ones from other regions of the country. Listening to Coach G this morning reminded me of the coordination that was involved to make this happen. He mentioned better them than us to have to travel that far to play a game. I think it would be a great experience for Stephenville or any other tradition rich football program to travel to places like Ohio, Alabama, Florida or California to play some of the top programs they claim to have.

I'll do my best to make it to that side of the stadium to meet some of the Alaskans!
I'll be on that side.

hollywood
08-29-2014, 12:55 PM
I'll be on that side.

Stay far away from the can fans? Lol

jason
08-29-2014, 01:07 PM
Stay far away from the can fans? Lol

That and most of the home side is empty reserved seats so unless you like sitting between the 20 and end zone, you go to the other side where it's usually empty.
And we'll have a 6 month old so the cans probably wouldn't help.

hollywood
08-29-2014, 01:12 PM
That and most of the home side is empty reserved seats so unless you like sitting between the 20 and end zone, you go to the other side where it's usually empty.
And we'll have a 6 month old so the cans probably wouldn't help.

True and good point! Curious of how many Alaskan's and others will be holding down that side of the stadium.

toddg
08-29-2014, 01:14 PM
dont forget your nightvision goggles so you can see the game when it gets dark!

Smitty
08-29-2014, 01:22 PM
True and good point! Curious of how many Alaskan's and others will be holding down that side of the stadium.

I'm sure there will be Alaskins come from far and wide! I think I read where there are a few players for South that are from Texas, maybe Granpa, grandma, aunts, uncles and other family members
will fill the visitors side.

hollywood
08-29-2014, 01:23 PM
Some pics from the Wolverines win against Dimond in their first game of the season.

http://www.adn.com/sites/default/files/styles/ad_slideshow_wide/public/FootballSouthDim140816-009.JPG?itok=K4au1dYJ

http://www.adn.com/sites/default/files/styles/ad_slideshow_normal/public/FootballSouthDim140816-012.JPG?itok=JszdXxVP

refereedoc
08-29-2014, 02:21 PM
dont forget your nightvision goggles so you can see the game when it gets dark!

:2thumbsup:cool:

hollywood
08-29-2014, 03:04 PM
I think the most exciting part about this experience for South High will be the atmoshpere Texas Friday Night Lights offers. No way they have the energy the crowd brings to the games like here in Texas. We're accustomed to it.

Smitty
08-29-2014, 03:20 PM
I think the most exciting part about this experience for South High will be the atmoshpere Texas Friday Night Lights offers. No way they have the energy the crowd brings to the games like here in Texas. We're accustomed to it.

By what pics and video I have seen of their games.....the crowds are very small, so I agree that they will be in awe of the Texas enthusiasm and support!

Cam
08-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Are the Alaskans in town yet?....Have they melted??....:doh:

toddg
08-29-2014, 03:56 PM
By what pics and video I have seen of their games.....the crowds are very small, so I agree that they will be in awe of the Texas enthusiasm and support!

....and wearing hoodies and full on jackets!

hollywood
08-29-2014, 04:04 PM
....and wearing hoodies and full on jackets!

Vegas Gold baby!!

toddg
08-29-2014, 04:06 PM
Vegas Gold baby!!
the only Gold that...Shines...!!!

refereedoc
08-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Are the Alaskans in town yet?....Have they melted??....:doh:

Not coming in until about 5. Stayed in DFW over night. They should love the weather tonight. 89 at kickoff with about 60% humidity. Can anyone say Houston like? Bahahaha.

hollywood
08-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Not coming in until about 5. Stayed in DFW over night. They should love the weather tonight. 89 at kickoff with about 60% humidity. Can anyone say Houston like? Bahahaha.

That's swamp weather! HELP says the little Wolverine.

http://cdn2.arkive.org/media/CD/CDD3FD21-8A56-4CF8-8DF3-4AB6CF31D1F3/Presentation.Large/Wolverine-skin.jpg

alaskacat
08-29-2014, 07:50 PM
6 nothng jackets wth 5 35 left n 1st
douth has 2 straght frst downs wth wcked T....sort of lke lberty Hll offense

1st down south on 35 12 yard pass

alaskacat
08-29-2014, 07:58 PM
jackets got t back st and goal after a funble from the 1 wth 1 mnute left ..td stdham 12 nothng 2 pont coverson 14-0 jackets

jason
08-29-2014, 08:21 PM
Sv 29
Alaska 0
5:45 2nd

Think these Alaska boys bit off more than they could chew.

refereedoc
08-29-2014, 10:32 PM
43-0 final

Smitty
08-29-2014, 10:48 PM
The Chapman kid is an awesome backup to Williams! That dude has some moves!!!

hollywood
08-29-2014, 11:12 PM
That's swamp weather! HELP says the little Wolverine.

http://cdn2.arkive.org/media/CD/CDD3FD21-8A56-4CF8-8DF3-4AB6CF31D1F3/Presentation.Large/Wolverine-skin.jpg

I think South High consumed Stephenville's water supply by halftime! Every timeout, they drenched themselves in H2O and had icecold wet towels draped over their heads at halftime. It was only 85* at kickoff. Wow, those boys were not ready for Texas weather. They played til the end though! I'll give them that.

YTBulldogs
08-30-2014, 09:01 AM
LOL. Totally agree. Ville by 40. Unless it snows, then by 35.

Guess it didn't snow. Congrats.

YTBulldogs
08-30-2014, 09:05 AM
If this has been posted, sorry for asking again.

Does Ville travel north next year for this game?

Sville
08-30-2014, 10:52 AM
If this has been posted, sorry for asking again.

Does Ville travel north next year for this game?

No it was a one year contract. I do not know what we are doing for next year's opener.

I was not surprised at what the Sville offense did 43 pts and 500 yds, but the Jacket D impressed me holding SAHS to 148 yds total, 10 first downs and the shutout.

FB-fanatic
08-30-2014, 11:16 AM
What were the opening game scores for the Alaska boys the past three years vs southern teams?

Sville
08-30-2014, 11:35 AM
What were the opening game scores for the Alaska boys the past three years vs southern teams?

South plays in Alaska's largest classification and was the #1 ranked team in AK heading into this game at 2-0. This was the first time an AK school had played a TX school. South had traveled to Calif. and Wash. the last few years to play. IDK the scores of those games. They had too many players going both ways to be playing in TX in August. You could tell they got wore out. They were pretty big and physical but not a lot of speed. They would prolly be a 3rd and 4th place team in our district.

hollywood
08-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Anchorage South High reminded me of Alvarado or Amarillo. South High is 90% run oriented offensively and use 2 TE's. And they were both big boys! They had a few really good athletes in the skill positions, QB was solid and the OL and DL were big and physical. Like Sville said, they just couldn't hang having so many go both ways. Their main 2 RB's would have been able to do more if they were given time to get into space. Ville's DL and LB's, really impressive last night! Ville's NG is a freak of a man child. It's going to be a fun season.

2muchOffense
08-30-2014, 04:24 PM
In my opinion the Ville offense struggled at the start but got it together. It's tough to say we looked sluggish because I think the starters scored on every drive. However we looked a bit off. I was very impressed with how the defense swarmed the football. They played really great. Alaska was physical but was completely overmatched. I hate seeing us shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties, but it was nice to see them get first downs when facing long second and third downs. Since I believe the playbook is still scaled way down still, I'm not putting too much stock into this game. Respect to Alaska for trying to get better and improve their program. On to mighty Gatesville!

refereedoc
08-30-2014, 04:35 PM
In my opinion the Ville offense struggled at the start but got it together. It's tough to say we looked sluggish because I think the starters scored on every drive. However we looked a bit off. I was very impressed with how the defense swarmed the football. They played really great. Alaska was physical but was completely overmatched. I hate seeing us shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties, but it was nice to see them get first downs when facing long second and third downs. Since I believe the playbook is still scaled way down still, I'm not putting too much stock into this game. Respect to Alaska for trying to get better and improve their program. On to mighty Gatesville!

Agreed on the sluggish. It was good to see us overcome the penalties. I think we only had one penalty after the 1st drive. Defense adjusted well after the first couple of 1st downs. I was on the sideline taking pictures and Anchorage was gassed by the middle of the 2nd qt. Kaegun was down right filthy and Chapman continues to impress. Our DL is some bad dudes!:speech:

2muchOffense
08-30-2014, 04:51 PM
I was very impressed with Chapman. Other than the one fumble, he did a outstanding job. He runs hard! The d-line owned the Alaska lineman. Reynolds almost took some of the handoffs he was back there so fast. I didn't understand why Alaska stayed out so long during warmups. By the time they went into the locker room, there was only 10 minutes before the kick.

jason
08-30-2014, 06:01 PM
I didn't understand why Alaska stayed out so long during warmups. By the time they went into the locker room, there was only 10 minutes before the kick.

They were adjusting to the heat.

refereedoc
08-30-2014, 06:07 PM
They were adjusting to the heat.

I don't think it worked.:)