PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Battlin' Billies this year?

Pudlugger
08-23-2014, 05:26 PM
The Leps have Fredericksberg at home this year for a first time in my memory. Last year they had a breakout season going 10-2 ending with a loss to Gonzales 7-19 in round two of the playoffs. They bring back a load of starters this year so I'd expect they will be a contender. What is the word on the street regarding the Billies this year?

Yoe_09
08-23-2014, 05:35 PM
They had a scrimmage with Lago Vista this week. I'd like to know how that one turned out.

Tejastrue
08-23-2014, 05:51 PM
This might help a little on the insight...

http://www.fredericksburgstandard.com/articles/2014/08/06/senior-leaders-bring-winners-mentality

Cam
08-24-2014, 12:14 AM
Fred is going to be tough!....that program has turned the corner!!!....QB Grona is a good one!

hollywood
08-24-2014, 11:50 AM
From the story, appears that the Billie's could out perform the Eagles from Argyle this season.

regaleagle may become the next cowboyandchrist poster. Wait a minute... You think they're kin?!

:wave:

regaleagle
08-24-2014, 12:43 PM
The Billies have a good qb in Grona, and lots of seniors, alright. They have the same type of commitment level as do the Eagles, but not sure about the size up front on the lines. Coach Moffatt is a good 'un...as he has already proven in his short time there. I would say they will be a serious contender in their region. A game against Argyle would be a fun game to attend, for sure. Off hand, I'd say the Eagles would be able to handle them, but that's just my biased opinion. I really don't know how much they have matured from last season....I don't live outside Fred anymore. The chemisty and history of this group of players sounds similar to that of last year's Argyle seniors. That's a big plus when the going gets tough....when one of your main players goes down with an injury....or you need to rise up and make a play happen. Best wishes for Coach Moffatt and the Billies this season. They're a good group over there.