PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley - Burnet Scrimmage

panfan
08-22-2014, 09:45 AM
Somebody fess up. How did it go. Lets' not have this one sided either. Need to hear opinions from both sides.:1popcorn:

Cam
08-22-2014, 10:20 AM
Somebody fess up. How did it go. Lets' not have this one sided either. Need to hear opinions from both sides.:1popcorn:

....there goes panfan....tryin' to stir up trouble between the towns of Burnet & Wimberley!!...you can never trust someone in purple!!......Kumbaya.....

Cam
08-22-2014, 12:01 PM
The Bruiser is in town!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEGPtwWkyGQ

Cam
08-22-2014, 12:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84AF60ne614

Cam
08-22-2014, 12:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moi_c8t_VRU

Wimbo had one of the prettiest plays of the scrimmage for a TD. QB rolled to his left, turned around and threw it across the field to a wide open player with a whole bunch of blockers in front of him. Wimbo fooled everybody that time!....Forget what that play is called. I don't know if Burnet has that play in the playbook, but if they don't, I wish they did....Sorry I couldn't post that play, I got lazy and stopped recording....

refereedoc
08-22-2014, 12:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moi_c8t_VRU

Wimbo had one of the prettiest plays of the scrimmage for a TD. QB rolled to his left, turned around and threw it across the field to a wide open player with a whole bunch of blockers in front of him. Wimbo fooled everybody that time!....Forget what that play is called. I don't know if Burnet has that play in the playbook, but if they don't, I wish they did....Sorry I couldn't post that play, I got lazy and stopped recording....

Hey, I think Pan wanted some wimberly highlights. What the heck? :) Big bruiser is right. How much does that kid weigh?

Cam
08-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Hey, I think Pan wanted some wimberly highlights. What the heck? :) Big bruiser is right. How much does that kid weigh?

...well then, that's panfan's fault!....he said he was going cause he wanted to hang out with me....guess he got second thoughts!!.....the big back goes 215 give or take a few......He didn't get many touches last night...but I can see some big games from him in the future...Burnet has some nice options at RB it looks like......Marble Falls best be ready next week!.....let the rivalry continue!....hey Greendawg, guess who's gonna be on the Marble sidelines next week??.....Oh crap!...here we go again with them Marble administrators!......will you accompany and protect me??....:devil:

oh and ref, don't be pickin' on the good folks of Wimberley by spelling it Wimberly!!....that's as bad as "Burnett"!!....

greendawg84
08-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Hell to the no ! You are on your own on that deal . You about got my arse kicked last time by that mean azz lady ! No way Jack !

refereedoc
08-22-2014, 02:04 PM
...well then, that's panfan's fault!....he said he was going cause he wanted to hang out with me....guess he got second thoughts!!.....the big back goes 215 give or take a few......He didn't get many touches last night...but I can see some big games from him in the future...Burnet has some nice options at RB it looks like......Marble Falls best be ready next week!.....let the rivalry continue!....hey Greendawg, guess who's gonna be on the Marble sidelines next week??.....Oh crap!...here we go again with them Marble administrators!......will you accompany and protect me??....:devil:

oh and ref, don't be pickin' on the good folks of Wimberley by spelling it Wimberly!!....that's as bad as "Burnett"!!....
You busted me on the spelling! Good thing I don't have you in class. :)

Cam
08-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Marble Falls Daily Tribune summary:

http://www.dailytrib.com/2014/08/22/bulldogs-show-consistency-wimberley-scrimmage/

Tejastrue
08-23-2014, 08:42 AM
Unfortunately or should that be fortunately, I was not at the scrimmage but from looking at the Burnet highlights Cam so graciously posted, our secondary needs some serious work. I try to get up for scrimmages but am always disappointed. We consistently look bad from year to year. When we look this bad early, it usually is a good sign we'll have a successful year. Yep, that's what I am taking from this. Congrats to Burnet on the scrimmage win.

What the heck is a LH fan doing posting a Wimberley/Burnet thread. The whole world has gone to hell in a hand-basket. :dispntd:

panfan
08-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Unfortunately or should that be fortunately, I was not at the scrimmage but from looking at the Burnet highlights Cam so graciously posted, our secondary needs some serious work. I try to get up for scrimmages but am always disappointed. We consistently look bad from year to year. When we look this bad early, it usually is a good sign we'll have a successful year. Yep, that's what I am taking from this. Congrats to Burnet on the scrimmage win.

What the heck is a LH fan doing posting a Wimberley/Burnet thread. The whole world has gone to hell in a hand-basket. :dispntd:
And is there a reason we shouldn't post on this thread?

Tejastrue
08-23-2014, 12:06 PM
It was meant as playful sarcasm. I guess a smiley face would have been more appropriate. lol Post on....

Gone Fishing
08-23-2014, 12:34 PM

The article doesn't do wimberley any justice at all and was totally homer. I don't remember 5 scores in the controlled scrimmage, I thought it was 2 or 3 to 1, but I didn't pay much attention to the 2nd teams going and maybe thats what they were counting. Wimberley has very little depth at most positions so I was paying attention to 1's against 1's. The texans will have to stay healthy all year and if they do, we could be more than good.

Also in the live quarter I feel I would give the edge to the Texans. It ended in 0-0 tie, but WT scored on a nice pass after driving the field, but was called back on a holding. And then WT held a nice drive by Burnet as time was running out and held on several goal line stands to end the game. As always by me , I saw some key players playing in strange positions, but thats why they pay the coaches. One interesting thing is Our starting O- line looks to be one Freshman (14 yrs old) and two Soph's, so they will need to grow up quick for the varsity speed. All in all not too bad. La Vernia is top ranked and will be the favorite this week, they have almost everyone back, but so does WT's and in the bi district game last year we lost 21-7.....

panfan
08-23-2014, 12:36 PM
It was meant as playful sarcasm. I guess a smiley face would have been more appropriate. lol Post on....

I thought that may be the case, but the roll eyes gave me pause. I shall post at will!!!!!!

Cam
08-23-2014, 01:08 PM
The article doesn't do wimberley any justice at all and was totally homer. I don't remember 5 scores in the controlled scrimmage, I thought it was 2 or 3 to 1, but I didn't pay much attention to the 2nd teams going and maybe thats what they were counting. Wimberley has very little depth at most positions so I was paying attention to 1's against 1's. The texans will have to stay healthy all year and if they do, we could be more than good.

Also in the live quarter I feel I would give the edge to the Texans. It ended in 0-0 tie, but WT scored on a nice pass after driving the field, but was called back on a holding. And then WT held a nice drive by Burnet as time was running out and held on several goal line stands to end the game. As always by me , I saw some key players playing in strange positions, but thats why they pay the coaches. One interesting thing is Our starting O- line looks to be one Freshman (14 yrs old) and two Soph's, so they will need to grow up quick for the varsity speed. All in all not too bad. La Vernia is top ranked and will be the favorite this week, they have almost everyone back, but so does WT's and in the bi district game last year we lost 21-7.....

That article was done by a lady sports reporter who writes for the Marble Falls paper..and she knows more about football than most men!!....she is in no way a Burnet fan but a true Marble Falls Mustangs supporter!! ..So, no homerism on her part...But you're right, there was not five scores...it was only four. The two I posted. Another 20 yd. run by #11, and that pretty TD pass at the back of the end zone. The live quarter was what it was, scoreless...The Wimbo TD pass was nice...unfortunately, your lineman made a nice tackle on the d-lineman chasing your QB....looked to me like most of the boys were ready to call it a night after that long kicking drill...It didn't seem like the intensity was as strong during the live quarter....Wimbo only got a small taste of Burnet...several of our skill players hardly touched the ball...and two of our defensive starters, our soph. stud DT & all world MLB didn't even play....which was encouraging cause Burnet still stuffed Wimbo's running game...the depth on this team looks to be good thanks to players coming in from a 10-0 JV team last year.....Wimbo looks like they have some good athletes....I think ya'll will be just fine and have a successful season.....but like it or not, folks better start getting used to Burnet being a team to reckon with!!...The tide is slowly turning!...Burnet HC & his staff are on a mission to put Burnet back on the map!....I'm glad I get to witness it....Good luck to the Texans the rest of the way.....

Cam
08-23-2014, 01:43 PM

No kiddin' it's going to hell.....cops killing people, civil unrest, ISIS, Putin, Kim Jong-Un, Al Qaeda, ebola virus, Chinese fighter jet provocations, global warming, electronic dance music, Barney The Dinosaur reruns, and panfan...who just likes to stir things up....but that's why he's one of my favs!....however, I do feel he is truly color blind being that he loves the color purple!.....:D

....this is all Greendawg's fault!......

Pudlugger
08-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Burnet will be good this year. Should give Marble Falls all they can handle and then some in week 2. The opener Friday against Fredericksburg will tell a lot about the quality of both teams. That will be one of the best matches in Region 4 this week..

Tejastrue
08-23-2014, 05:32 PM

Appreciate the insight GF. Is that 14 year old the one that is 6' 3" and 270? I'm thinking the OL will need to mature very fast to have any chance come Friday.

Cam
08-23-2014, 10:33 PM
Burnet will be good this year. Should give Marble Falls all they can handle and then some in week 2. The opener Friday against Fredericksburg will tell a lot about the quality of both teams. That will be one of the best matches in Region 4 this week..

Ya never know how Burnet vs Marble is gonna go.....it's usually a battle...MF has a big strong O-line and of course, QB Brennen Wooten....Burnet doesn't play Fred until Sept. 12 but yes, that's is going to be quite a game. Fred returns a whole bunch....Someone said Liberty Hill has an easy district, but Fred is going to battle LH for the district title IMO...

hsfootballfan
08-23-2014, 10:57 PM

I was in Boerne Friday and watched the scrimmage between Boerne and La Vernia. LV's D looked pretty stout for the most part but the O was definitely a work in progress. Should be a good matchup on Friday between the Texans and the Bears.

Gone Fishing
08-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Appreciate the insight GF. Is that 14 year old the one that is 6' 3" and 270? I'm thinking the OL will need to mature very fast to have any chance come Friday.

Yes, Buck's little brother, heard he was 6'4 but whos counting..lol. Not fat at all either. They say he could be a 4 or 5 star guy in a few years. They do have to mature quickly, but got 5 games to do that. Remember 2012, we went 2-3 and then 5-0 in district. We will need no injuries this year, many two way players. We have a very difficult pre district schedule, so I'm not going to worry too much , but a 3 and 2 record would be big accomplishment going into district, which I think we can win.