PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield @ Tatum scrimmage

Eagleborn
08-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Nice little road trip for a scrimmage but I'm thinking it will be worth it for both teams..

Tatum's QB won't be dressed out but the other two are more than capable of getting things done.

Few positions up for grabs as well... Naturally, Tatum will be a running back by committee team but who will be in the committee? Lost leading rusher from a year ago to graduation and the teams 2nd and 3rd returning rushers will only play offense every so often.. Will be interesting.

The LB positions are still up for grabs. There's a chance a returning all-state LB with a couple of offers won't be a starter in week one. Evans is not playing around this year. As a whole, that group, is pretty solid... Good combo of size and speed.

Looking forward to practicing with a quality opponent like Fairfield.

Any Fairfield peeps on here?

eagles_victory
08-20-2014, 10:17 PM
I haven't seen them at all this year or heard much, but the defense should be strong returning two all state players to anchor it. Really young and replacing a lot on the offensive end. Should be a lot of guys competing for spots plenty of talent on the field just some growing pains with youth.

We have a Fairfield coach on board but I don't think he will give too much away.

cowboyandchrist
08-21-2014, 10:05 PM
I did not go to the scrimmage, but I received word from someone who did. Tatum's ones dominated Fairfield's ones on both sides of the ball. Started live quarter but after Tatum scored and the defense picked six Fairfield, the Fairfield coach called for the scrimmage to end. I am sure the know it all's will correct me, but that is what I was told.

Eagleborn
08-21-2014, 10:09 PM
I did not go to the scrimmage, but I received word from someone who did. Tatum's ones dominated Fairfield's ones on both sides of the ball. Started live quarter but after Tatum scored and the defense picked six Fairfield, the Fairfield coach called for the scrimmage to end. I am sure the know it all's will correct me, but that is what I was told.

You almost got it right....

Was no pick six after the Tatum TD in the live quarter.

Eagleborn
08-21-2014, 10:16 PM
As far as the scrimmage went it was a good workout for both teams.

Tatum scored a total of four times..... against a pretty good FF defense. Good size and pretty fast.

FF scored once against a combo of 2s and a few JV players.

FF will be solid this season when their offense comes around.

FF