PDA

View Full Version : Kilgore @ Gilmer Thursday the 21st

buckeyebob
08-19-2014, 07:23 AM
Kilgore comes to visit the Buckeyes on their turf August 21st for our last scrimmage before the races begin. The Buckeyes are ready to start with our Freshmen & Junior Varsity @ 6PM. Varsity will start after they have completed their series, approx. 7:30PM.

Buckeyes are ready after coming off a rousing win over Whitehouse this past week.

What are your thoughts? Buckeyes play for some payback or do they get shown the smokehouse? I say it is time to show the Pups the switch.

lostaussie
08-19-2014, 07:29 AM
Its a scrimmage.........and don't call it a win. That's embarrassing.

waterboy
08-19-2014, 09:09 AM
I agree. You don't "win" a scrimmage. You may outplay the other team, but it's still not a "win".

poisoned10
08-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Its a scrimmage.........and don't call it a win. That's embarrassing.

LoL!

Sent from my Nexus 5

Aggie98
08-19-2014, 01:34 PM
What are your thoughts? Buckeyes play for some payback or do they get shown the smokehouse? I say it is time to show the Pups the switch.

That's no way to treat a guest. But if you wanta bump.... baby, we'll bump.

lostaussie
08-19-2014, 01:57 PM
That's no way to treat a guest. But if you wanta bump.... baby, we'll bump.Both teams just need to beat up on someone besides themselves. Should be a good learning tool for both teams. Here's hoping for no injuries on both sides.

waterboy
08-19-2014, 02:17 PM

Dang! Aggie98 is feeling his oats!

If I were a betting man..., I'd say there will be plenty of "bump" goin' on at this scrimmage. These teams should have been on each other's schedule in the regular season, in my opinion. At least then it would mean something other than a glorified practice session. I've really enjoyed the wars we've had the last couple of years with the Ragin' Red Bulldogs. The atmosphere at our games is what high school football is all about.

Aguilafanatico
08-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Wish I could make that "scrimmage". For some reason I expect that the intensity will be a tad higher than what you get in a normal "glorified practice".

waterboy
08-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Wish I could make that "scrimmage". For some reason I expect that the intensity will be a tad higher than what you get in a normal "glorified practice".

:thinking: Hmmmm.... You could be right about that! It would worth watching for sure.

buckeyebob
08-19-2014, 03:48 PM

At least someone else knows this is not your standard play nice scrimmage...good grief...last year, Kilgore vs Gilmer was the GAME OF THE SEASON...I guess we should call it the SCRIMMAGE OF THE SEASON

Dawgs
08-19-2014, 04:12 PM
At least someone else knows this is not your standard play nice scrimmage...good grief...last year, Kilgore vs Gilmer was the GAME OF THE SEASON...I guess we should call it the SCRIMMAGE OF THE SEASON

I'm sure the intensity will be much higher than in a normal scrimmage. I'm 100% sure that the kids will be way up for this game given the history the last 2 years. It will be up to the coaches to hold the boys back a little to prevent any injuries beige the start of the season. I would hate to see one of the impact players from either team end their season trying to win a scrimmage. Just my opinion though. It's basically practice to see where both teams are before week 1. I know the coaching staffs realize that even I the fans want part 3 of the battle.

hollywood
08-19-2014, 04:32 PM

I was there... it was a great game!

Good bbq before the game too at the Country Tavern.

Almost saw a pregame scuffle at the entrance gate. After waiting for over an hour in line to get in, some young punks thought they could cut to the front after everyone else waited. Old lady with a purse about took this poor fool out!

Only in East Texas. ;)

waterboy
08-19-2014, 04:46 PM

Almost saw a pregame scuffle at the entrance gate. After waiting for over an hour in line to get in, some young punks thought they could cut to the front after everyone else waited. Old lady with a purse about took this poor fool out!

Only in East Texas. ;)

Yep... they gets serious 'round here! It was loud enough in the stadium that it actually hurt your ears. Great atmosphere.

Aggie98
08-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Both teams just need to beat up on someone besides themselves. Should be a good learning tool for both teams. Here's hoping for no injuries on both sides.

No injuries is priority #1. We've still got some shuffling going on with the O-line and secondary so hopefully this scrimmage will help answer some questions there. Will be cool to see these two squads lock up with one another with nothing on the line but a little pride. Those last 2 district title games took some years off of my life.

Aggie98
08-19-2014, 05:26 PM
Yep... they gets serious 'round here! It was loud enough in the stadium that it actually hurt your ears. Great atmosphere.

Friday night football doesn't get any better than it was that night.

buckeyebob
08-19-2014, 06:56 PM

Only in East Texas. ;)

Good to hear from you...was a good evening; could'a been great...it may very well be a sell-out...mmmmmm...that means we would need to be charging for a scrimmage...a new revenue stream

buckeyebob
08-19-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm sure the intensity will be much higher than in a normal scrimmage. I'm 100% sure that the kids will be way up for this game given the history the last 2 years. It will be up to the coaches to hold the boys back a little to prevent any injuries beige the start of the season. I would hate to see one of the impact players from either team end their season trying to win a scrimmage. Just my opinion though. It's basically practice to see where both teams are before week 1. I know the coaching staffs realize that even I the fans want part 3 of the battle.

Hard for me to admit that I agree with a Bulldog.