PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado vs Liberty Hill Scrimmage

panfan
08-18-2014, 07:58 AM
Purple injuns vs purple panthers. Ya'll are coming to our house this week (so glad we don't have to travel this week). Some from Alvarado tell me about the injuns this year.

Rabid Cougar
08-18-2014, 08:43 AM
Purple injuns vs purple panthers.

Whoa... the PC police are coming for you....... purple panthers....... gotta watch how you refer to teams nowadays.

Indians1971
08-18-2014, 01:38 PM
The Indians will be young...

LHPfactory
08-18-2014, 09:55 PM
Panfan, what time does the Varsity start?, With all the schedule versions out there. My 15 year old who is playing in the scrimmage doesnt help much , when he says the typical i-ont-know when asked.

toddg
08-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Panfan, what time does the Varsity start?, With all the schedule versions out there. My 15 year old who is playing in the scrimmage doesnt help much , when he says the typical i-ont-know when asked.

I know the JV/freshman start at 5pm,
Varsity starts at 6pm.
Though I will not be there(work), my freshman son will be playing TE on frosh side, my Jr son will be playing Guard with the JV and Varsity.

toddg
08-18-2014, 10:16 PM
Purple injuns vs purple panthers. Ya'll are coming to our house this week (so glad we don't have to travel this week). Some from Alvarado tell me about the injuns this year.

As earlier stated, the Indians will be young at several key positions..soph. QB plays with tenacity, runs and passes very well..soph. And JR RBs very good..along with Sr RB who had 1500yds last year..Defense will be fast but also young in key spots..should be very productive scrimmage

panfan
08-19-2014, 08:06 AM

I think Toddg has it correct. They are starting earlier so they can finish before its too late and get home before 1 in the morning! Anyone up for meeting between the JV and varsity scrimmages? I don't expect the varsity to start right at 6, so say around 5:50 at the south end of the field. That's the field house end for those of you that are directionally challenged.You see the sun sets in the west over the back of the stadium and ..... never mind.

Cam
08-19-2014, 08:36 AM
where's D51??....one of the nicest guys on the Low!!....(next to panfan of course!!)......D51, how's the boy doing?

toddg
08-19-2014, 08:50 AM
where's D51??....one of the nicest guys on the Low!!....(next to panfan of course!!)......D51, how's the boy doing?
D51's son is playing lights out thus far..and is the anchor of of the D..playing like a 3rd year starter for sure!!

defense51
08-19-2014, 12:53 PM

He's doing well Cam! If he can stay healthy... He should have a great season.

Cam
08-19-2014, 12:57 PM
He's doing well Cam! If he can stay healthy... He should have a great season.

:2thumbsup

defense51
08-19-2014, 01:04 PM
I think Toddg has it correct. They are starting earlier so they can finish before its too late and get home before 1 in the morning! Anyone up for meeting between the JV and varsity scrimmages? I don't expect the varsity to start right at 6, so say around 5:50 at the south end of the field. That's the field house end for those of you that are directionally challenged.You see the sun sets in the west over the back of the stadium and ..... never mind.
I'll be there panfan, look for the guy in purple... I am one of those directionally challenged people, I usually just follow the "it's that way" point of the finger. :vrycnfsd: I think I can find the fieldhouse end, so I'll see you at 5:50. Bring cheeseburgers, after all you are hosting! :2thumbsup

Gen.Pat
08-19-2014, 07:08 PM
Best of Luck to our fellow wearers of the Purple. I expect the Tribe and the Wildcats to make some noise this Fall.

panfan
08-20-2014, 07:13 AM
Best of Luck to our fellow wearers of the Purple. I expect the Tribe and the Panthers to make some noise this Fall.

Figured your old Patton hands were a bit arthritic and typing was tough, so I fixed the above for you. You're welcome! :taunt:

panfan
08-20-2014, 08:07 AM
I'll be there panfan, look for the guy in purple... I am one of those directionally challenged people, I usually just follow the "it's that way" point of the finger. :vrycnfsd: I think I can find the fieldhouse end, so I'll see you at 5:50. Bring cheeseburgers, after all you are hosting! :2thumbsup

Don't ask Cam or Johnny to point the way. They clearly don't know which direction it is. See ya there

greendawg84
08-20-2014, 09:10 AM

Hope panfan does better with the cheeseburger's than he did with buying Cam and I a beer ! Just in case you better eat before you get there ! :dispntd:

panfan
08-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Hope panfan does better with the cheeseburger's than he did with buying Cam and I a beer ! Just in case you better eat before you get there ! :dispntd:

Can't buy you a beer if you don't show up Gdawg. Not my fault you wanted me to supply an open bar tab.:tongue::tongue::tongue:

bwdlionfan
08-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Will someone be posting how this one turns out? I'm anxious to hear how both teams looked.

hollywood
08-20-2014, 09:56 PM
Will someone be posting how this one turns out? I'm anxious to hear how both teams looked.

If you'll keep us posted on how Brownwood's scrimmage's turn out. Inquiring minds want to know.

Cam
08-20-2014, 10:48 PM
Where's BEAST???

regaleagle
08-21-2014, 01:11 AM
That's gotta be about a 2 1/2 hr. drive down 35....maybe 3 hrs. by bus. That's quite a trek to make for a scrimmage on a school night. I guess the West Texas teams do it all the time, though.

panfan
08-21-2014, 07:35 AM

I'm sure we'll get some info posted about this scrimmage.

Rabid Cougar
08-21-2014, 08:57 AM
That's gotta be about a 2 1/2 hr. drive down 35....maybe 3 hrs. by bus. That's quite a trek to make for a scrimmage on a school night. I guess the West Texas teams do it all the time, though.

3 hours? That maybe just half the time they will sit the in the traffic jam from the truck wrecks at Lorena........ They are due another big one......

toddg
08-21-2014, 09:21 AM

3 hours? That maybe just half the time they will sit the in the traffic jam from the truck wrecks at Lorena........ They are due another big one......

as per the itinerary my sons brought home, they will be stopping in Lampasas to eat...looks like 281 will be the route of choice for the bus train. 35 would be intense for that many buses LOL!!!

panfan
08-21-2014, 09:27 AM
as per the itinerary my sons brought home, they will be stopping in Lampasas to eat...looks like 281 will be the route of choice for the bus train. 35 would be intense for that many buses LOL!!!

Yep I would avoid 35 like the plague. It was bad when I was going back and forth to UNT 25 years ago, now its just a freakin nightmare. They were working on widening it then as well. The only saving grace is the toll road around Austin, and from Austin to SA its mostly 3 lanes. Ya'll be safe headin down. Did your itinerary give a time for he JV and varsity scrimmages? I've heard, 6:30, 6 , 7, so I really don't know what time anymore.

toddg
08-21-2014, 09:35 AM
Yep I would avoid 35 like the plague. It was bad when I was going back and forth to UNT 25 years ago, now its just a freakin nightmare. They were working on widening it then as well. The only saving grace is the toll road around Austin, and from Austin to SA its mostly 3 lanes. Ya'll be safe headin down. Did your itinerary give a time for he JV and varsity scrimmages? I've heard, 6:30, 6 , 7, so I really don't know what time anymore.

Frosh/JV start at 5pm and Varsity start at 630pm as per the schedule the coaches sent home.

Cam
08-21-2014, 12:03 PM

35 is just a straightaway NASCAR track....that's why Greendawg likes it so much!!!.....:doh::vrycnfsd:

Rabid Cougar
08-21-2014, 12:37 PM
35 is just a straightaway NASCAR track....that's why Greendawg likes it so much!!!.....:doh::vrycnfsd:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ChrisDavisKCEN/photos/a.545285078909802.1073741846.358611804243798/570683566369953/?type=1&theater

SEEE!!!! Exit 329 or there abouts.

greendawg84
08-21-2014, 03:59 PM

Not me dude , that road scares me to death , I am more of a 281 guy myself ! I do love me so NASCAR though ... gotta go catch the scrimmage !

bwdlionfan
08-22-2014, 06:52 PM
If you'll keep us posted on how Brownwood's scrimmage's turn out. Inquiring minds want to know.

My source is the Brownwood Bulletin. I live near DFW so don't hear a whole lot.

dawgwood
08-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Looks like another long year for Brownwood!

Pudlugger
08-23-2014, 07:40 AM
So apart from all that, what happened with the scrimmage last night? How did the Indians and Panthers do? Intelligent posters want to know. :)

BwdLion73
08-23-2014, 09:31 AM
My source is the Brownwood Bulletin. I live near DFW so don't hear a whole lot.

I think the Satire Brownwood Examiner has more information than the Brownwood Bulletin. Lol I did hear that we had 3 seniors back!

:cool:

panfan
08-23-2014, 11:15 AM
So apart from all that, what happened with the scrimmage last night? How did the Indians and Panthers do? Intelligent posters want to know. :)

LH came out on top. Overall, 3 scores to none. During 2 live quarters, 2 scores to none. Alvarado had some flashes on offense where they moved the ball. Defense did a good job of limiting some longer break away runs. LH spent some time later in the scrimmage working on its passing game! Damn, did ya'll hear that, LH passing game. Those words, "LH passing game" just don't go together now do they. LH Defense did not allow any scores and overall did a good job. LH backs got some much needed touches and pounded the rock.

Overall, I saw some good stuff for LH and some stuff we need to work on. Alvarado stepped up during the scrimmage and started bring the wood on defense. Offense needs some tuning in my opinion, but overall a good effort. We are ready for La Grange to come to town.

Only downside, didn't get to meet any of the Alvarado folks. Had some traffic issues coming down and got there late. Heard from them today though so I know they got home safe. Best of luck to Alvarado going forward.

defense51
08-23-2014, 11:42 AM
LH came out on top. Overall, 3 scores to none. During 2 live quarters, 2 scores to none. Alvarado had some flashes on offense where they moved the ball. Defense did a good job of limiting some longer break away runs. LH spent some time later in the scrimmage working on its passing game! Damn, did ya'll hear that, LH passing game. Those words, "LH passing game" just don't go together now do they. LH Defense did not allow any scores and overall did a good job. LH backs got some much needed touches and pounded the rock.

Overall, I saw some good stuff for LH and some stuff we need to work on. Alvarado stepped up during the scrimmage and started bring the wood on defense. Offense needs some tuning in my opinion, but overall a good effort. We are ready for La Grange to come to town.

Only downside, didn't get to meet any of the Alvarado folks. Had some traffic issues coming down and got there late. Heard from them today though so I know they got home safe. Best of luck to Alvarado going forward.

Your assessment is spot on panfan! The Panthers looked good on both sides of the ball last night, they are well coached and it shows. Our offense had a lackluster performance, we couldn't move the ball consistently against the LH front seven. On a bright note, after the first two series our defense made some adjustments and didn't allow any scores.
Anyone who hasn't seen the LH facilities needs to go watch a game there, they did it right when they built it, very nice! I especially like the marble stone state championship markers at the entrance.
Panfan, good luck to your son and the rest of the Panthers on their season!

Cam
08-23-2014, 01:12 PM
...you don't have to be lonely...at FarmersOnly.com.......:vrycnfsd:

Pudlugger
08-23-2014, 04:17 PM

I pretty much expected the panthers would be well prepared and put up a strong defensive effort. What kind of offense does Alvarado run? Stopping the slot-t is difficult and unless you get the ball back quickly your offense just sits back and watches. So you might say the best defense is a dominant running game offense. The Leps will be ready by Friday. It will come down to execution as always.