PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill - Stephenville scrimmage results?

LHdog
08-17-2014, 03:24 PM
Anyone have any info they are willing to share?

panfan
08-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Anyone have any info they are willing to share?

Look at the AP pole thread. There was a fair amount of discussion there about it.

Snotbubbles
08-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Look at the AP pole thread. There was a fair amount of discussion there about it.

That bad huh panfan? What scrimmages are for, get things lined out. LH will get it going.

panfan
08-17-2014, 08:15 PM
That bad huh panfan? What scrimmages are for, get things lined out. LH will get it going.

You're reading more into than what's there. In the red zone portion at the end the ville 1st team scored twice so did the hill. In the 1st series the ville clearly outgained us. 2nd series we moved the ball better and held them better. Their passing and rushing game was very good. Given that the ville is rated #1 for 4a division 1, we did ok. Some things we need to work on. And yes that's what scrimmages are for.

2muchOffense
08-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Liberty Hill had a good outing. The Jackets will be very strong on offense this year. A top 3 without a doubt. A lot if teams will have a hard time with these boys. However our defense needs some work and Liberty Hill showed us that. If you play Liberty Hill you will been in for a tough fight. They will be a force in region 4.

panfan
08-18-2014, 07:54 AM
Liberty Hill had a good outing. The Jackets will be very strong on offense this year. A top 3 without a doubt. A lot if teams will have a hard time with these boys. However our defense needs some work and Liberty Hill showed us that. If you play Liberty Hill you will been in for a tough fight. They will be a force in region 4.

Time to move on to Alvarado. But some parting words from your newspaper. " I think tonight we got better because of playing Liberty Hill and Liberty Hill got better from playing us.” I Agree!

My daughters made fun of me for hanging back to go meet the people on the downlow. I'm glad I did. Stephenville folks are good people. What a great way to meet folks from all over.

hollywood
08-18-2014, 11:46 AM
Time to move on to Alvarado. But some parting words from your newspaper. " I think tonight we got better because of playing Liberty Hill and Liberty Hill got better from playing us.” I Agree!

My daughters made fun of me for hanging back to go meet the people on the downlow. I'm glad I did. Stephenville folks are good people. What a great way to meet folks from all over.

:lies:

Like wise panfan! I was able to chat with a few others from LH at the scrimmage and last Spring when LH played SV here during the baseball playoffs. Good folks in LH!

Sville
08-18-2014, 03:43 PM
That was about as sharp as I have seen an Sville offense look in the first scrimmage in a good while, including 2012. Defensively the Jackets looked strong in the middle, LH was able to get their yards off tackle. We did not hold their first team offense out of the endzone in the redzone drills. No big plays but they were consistently getting 5+ yards off tackle which is what that type of offense is built to do. The run D will get tested early on in the season when we play Everman in week 3.

I will be interested to see our pass D when we face Granbury this Friday and their spread attack.

Ville-D
08-18-2014, 05:20 PM
There is a little of the scrimmage here:

http://youtu.be/Oy45sAhQ9bM

hollywood
08-18-2014, 05:26 PM
There is a little of the scrimmage here:

http://youtu.be/Oy45sAhQ9bM

Nice!

Eagleborn
08-18-2014, 08:48 PM
That was about as sharp as I have seen an Sville offense look in the first scrimmage in a good while, including 2012. Defensively the Jackets looked strong in the middle, LH was able to get their yards off tackle. We did not hold their first team offense out of the endzone in the redzone drills. No big plays but they were consistently getting 5+ yards off tackle which is what that type of offense is built to do. The run D will get tested early on in the season when we play Everman in week 3.

I will be interested to see our pass D when we face Granbury this Friday and their spread attack.

Hopefully my buddy and former Tatum Eagle, TCU and Dallas Cowboy Stephen Hodge will have that Granbury defense up to the challenge v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ville-D
08-18-2014, 09:03 PM

Good meeting you too. Good luck to y'all the rest of the way.