PDA

View Full Version : Little League World Series

regaleagle
08-17-2014, 01:09 PM
I watch it every year. It's going on now on ESPN2 and later on this afternoon on ESPN. The game going on now between South Korea and Puerto Rico is excellent baseball. On the American side, the SW Region Texas Pearland team will be playing later this afternoon. They just don't have any BIG players or a big gun kind of guy. But this is that Little League's (and coach) 2nd appearance in the past 4 yrs. Just to make it this far is a great accomplishment for an American team. And to do it twice with different boys in a 5 yr. span is really saying something.

44INAROW
08-17-2014, 01:20 PM
We've been watching too. South Korea making it close and now it's do or die in the 6th.. The game yesterday with that game ending call at home plate was a heartbreaker. I think it was the right call but tough regardless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

regaleagle
08-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Actually, today the American games appear to be televised on ABC local networks. Right now the West(Nevada) is whooping up on the Chicago team. Uh-oh....the longest homer of this year's LLWS just got cranked from the Las Vegas team. Now it's 12-2. This team knocked out all the Calif. teams to make it to the LLWS....a first for a Nevada team out of the Western Region. They look to be the real deal. Now the next batter hits one out even further....the gashouse gang.

If the Chicago Great Lakes team doesn't get at least 2 runs in the bottom of the 4th, this game will end on the 10-run rule. Chicago is the team that won in the 1st round with the girl pitcher that was all over the ESPN newscasts. Chicago is not a weak team, but this Las Vegas bunch is just head and shoulders that much better. Game over....13-2. Total domination by the West. The Great Lakes team is still in the series with only one loss so far. They go to the loser's bracket now.

regaleagle
08-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Okay, here's the rest of the schedule for today. At 4pm, Mexico plays Japan on ESPN. Then starting at 6pm, it will be Texas Pearland vs. the Philadelphia Penn. team on ESPN2.

ccmom
08-17-2014, 03:16 PM
Actually, today the American games appear to be televised on ABC local networks. Right now the West(Nevada) is whooping up on the Chicago team. Uh-oh....the longest homer of this year's LLWS just got cranked from the Las Vegas team. Now it's 12-2. This team knocked out all the Calif. teams to make it to the LLWS....a first for a Nevada team out of the Western Region. They look to be the real deal. Now the next batter hits one out even further....the gashouse gang.

If the Chicago Great Lakes team doesn't get at least 2 runs in the bottom of the 4th, this game will end on the 10-run rule. Chicago is the team that won in the 1st round with the girl pitcher that was all over the ESPN newscasts. Chicago is not a weak team, but this Las Vegas bunch is just head and shoulders that much better. Game over....13-2. Total domination by the West. The Great Lakes team is still in the series with only one loss so far. They go to the loser's bracket now.

I think you have your teams confused, eagle. Mo'Ne Davis isn't on the Great Lakes (Chicago) team. Her team is from Philly and will play the Texas East team later today, if I'm not mistaken.

regaleagle
08-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Yep, you're probably right about that. Then that means we may get to see her again. Probably not today against Texas, but win or lose, both teams will still be in it. Neither team has a loss so far.

ccmom
08-17-2014, 03:25 PM
Yep, you're probably right about that. Then that means we may get to see her again. Probably not today against Texas, but win or lose, both teams will still be in it. Neither team has a loss so far.

Yeah, she won't be eligible to pitch today. We love watching all these games every year!!

Weebe
08-17-2014, 04:14 PM
Nevada is going to win the American side if the bracket. Hitters up and down that lineup.

44INAROW
08-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Damn, I hope Texas wins this game...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

regaleagle
08-17-2014, 08:22 PM
This Texas/Philly game is a good Little League game. Looks like it will come down to the bottom of the 6th with 1st of the lineup coming up for Philly. They have some big boys, but the Pearland team plays team baseball and seem to be well-coached and disciplined. Texas leads 6-5 in the top of the 6th.

regaleagle
08-17-2014, 08:24 PM
This Texas/Philly game is a good Little League game. Looks like it will come down to the bottom of the 6th with 1st of the lineup coming up for Philly. They have some big boys, but the Pearland team plays team baseball and seem to be well-coached and disciplined. Texas leads 6-5 in the top of the 6th.Pearland has hit two homers in this game, however.

regaleagle
08-17-2014, 08:42 PM
Philly ties it up with 2 outs in the bottom of the 6th, then wins it on a throwing error by the shortstop. He fielded the ball cleanly, then just overthrew it to first. The runner on 3rd scored easily for the win. Texas Pearland made a few mistakes, but played a very good game. They will go into the loser's bracket. Philly is now 2-0 and earns the right to face Las Vegas in the winner's bracket. It's Little League and anything can happen.

Eagleborn
08-17-2014, 10:52 PM
Gotta feel bad for the SS...

Saggy Aggie
08-18-2014, 09:00 AM
Kid choked

caleb_mccaig
08-18-2014, 10:09 AM
Kid choked

Lol, agreed. Got to learn from the mistakes. Hopefully his parents and coach didn't tell him, "It will be ok, it's not your fault," and told him he'll have to live with that error for the rest of his life.

regaleagle
08-18-2014, 11:42 AM
I must admit that I am very impressed with the quality of play overall for all the teams in the LLWS nowadays. I can remember back to the 70's and 80's era when some of the teams didn't seem to belong. That's no longer the case....even the Czech Republic team plays a very competitive brand of baseball. Obviously, the coaching in this sport at this early age has really taken off and made a huge impact on all these young players. And the fans are really into it....they can see the difference of the product on the field. Yesterday there was 30,000 fans watching the Texas/Philly game(a Williamsport home game for Philly), and that's just a phenomenal turnout for any game. Kudos to what this organization has been able to accomplish and build. The support systems are second to none all over the world.

regaleagle
08-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Texas Pearland is back at it again in the LLWS on ESPN now(2:30 pm Mon.). They are playing against Washington of the Northwest Region. The loser will be out of the brackets. So far Texas is winning 1-0 in the bottom of the 2nd. Washington is the home team.

Rabid Cougar
08-18-2014, 03:40 PM
13 year olds on 60 foot tight bases and 225 foot fences.....9 year olds yes, 13 year olds no.

Quit doing the the MLB speed comparisons... 70 miles an hour is 70 miles an hour.

Deuce
08-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Just curious how many of these kids will need Tommy John surgery by the time their 18 from all the breaking balls they throw!

Eagleborn
08-18-2014, 08:25 PM
13 year olds on 60 foot tight bases and 225 foot fences.....9 year olds yes, 13 year olds no.

Quit doing the the MLB speed comparisons... 70 miles an hour is 70 miles an hour.

The ones that are 13 played as 12 year olds during the spring. I agree with the 48/60. Stupid.

Our area select league puts 10Us at 65/48.

I like the MPH comparisons though. It's more of a reaction time thing than a MPH thing. 70 mph will be 70 mph no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saggy Aggie
08-19-2014, 08:14 PM
SS screwed up again, cost pearland 3 runs

regaleagle
08-19-2014, 09:30 PM
The Texas Pearland team was just overmatched as far as size and age in just about every game they played. IMO, they accorded themselves quite well, finishing 2-2 against arguably much more maturely developed teams. The coaching staff was most probably the reason this team got as far as it did with the talent level it had. The San Antionio team was bigger, more powerful, but less well-coached(my opinion again). I believe that club also had more talent or at least more mature players on it, as did the Louisiana team. This Pearland team defeated both with less size and maturity. Kudos to the players and coaches of this season's Texas Pearland All Stars. They really exemplified what a team can do even without big athletic kids for that age group. For those of you that haven't seen the Las Vegas team yet, please don't miss the game tomorrow nite against the Philly team with Mo Ne' Davis. I think she may actually be on the mound tomorrow nite, at least for a while. Then compare these boys to the Texas team....you'll see the difference I'm talking about.

regaleagle
08-23-2014, 03:00 PM
Okay, it's about 3pm on Sat. and South Korea just got finished puttin' the whack attack on Japan in that final. Now it's time to watch this Las Vegas West bunch against the "new" LL from South Chicago go at it. Should be a good game, but if Las Vegas comes in swingin'.....look out. That team is just good from top to bottom. Not that the Chicago Great Lakes team isn't also talented.....we're about to see. On ABC Network now.

regaleagle
08-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Is the water that much different in Las Vegas, lol? These kids are BIG!