PDA

View Full Version : Bellville-Yoakum scrimmage

bd62
08-16-2014, 01:44 PM
First teams Bellville 2 - Yoakum-1
Second teams Bellville 1 -Yoakum-0
Bellville Offensive and Defensive lines
looked really good for first scrimmage
Yoakum has a lot of work to do in line play. Speed is there but if you don't block well it does not matter.

Bull's-eye
08-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Can somebody tell me how the Bellville offense looked? I know they didn't have any returning starters from last season.

bd62
08-17-2014, 06:07 PM
There execution of the slot t offensive was very good. You would never think they were replacing all starters. Not as much speed as last several yrs. but when you execute that offense speed is not as important as quickness. They ran some weak side traps that were mid season execution. That's coaching. There ball control will help there defense. Also very strong kids.
Yoakum has some kids with excellent speed but they are not near as far along at this point as Bellville on both side of ball. Probably 2 to 1 on total yds.

Bull's-eye
08-17-2014, 06:53 PM
There execution of the slot t offensive was very good. You would never think they were replacing all starters. Not as much speed as last several yrs. but when you execute that offense speed is not as important as quickness. They ran some weak side traps that were mid season execution. That's coaching. There ball control will help there defense. Also very strong kids.
Yoakum has some kids with excellent speed but they are not near as far along at this point as Bellville on both side of ball. Probably 2 to 1 on total yds.

Thanks bd62

BB BULLS
08-18-2014, 08:22 AM

i thought the offense looked good as well for fisrt game they will only get better. the defense looked pretty good as well, but i dont think Yoakum had its starting QB playing.

Bull's-eye
08-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Talked to a friend, he said #8 looked very good running the ball.

BB BULLS
08-18-2014, 09:22 AM
Talked to a friend, he said #8 looked very good running the ball.

i know they dont wear the right number in scrimmage games but he did look real good he hit hole real quick and 15 to 20 yards down the field before he was caught on several plays. #10 also ran the ball very well when given the chance. they will have to do better in the passing game to make sure that the defense want stack the box on them, if they can do that i think they will do really good. they did try and throw the ball more which is good but they will to find the right guys to catch the ball.

YTBulldogs
08-18-2014, 10:02 AM
i thought the offense looked good as well for fisrt game they will only get better. the defense looked pretty good as well, but i dont think Yoakum had its starting QB playing.

He played a few series. He ran it on that 75 yard TD run, called back when the WR held against your corner down field, to spring the run. We used 3 QB's in the scrimmage. One a freshman. Bellville looked good IMO. Fine tuning the passing game, and you'll be well on your way.

We have some work to do, but--I'm confident they'll get things lined out. Need some leaders to step forward and not tolerate some non-football related issues by those not on same page of what we are trying to accomplish here. Less talking, more blocking/tackling/catching would be nice, by those giving lip service out there. These certain players better gain that self-composure before Friday, as they'll be facing the King of trash talking, Refugio, in Refugio.

BB BULLS
08-18-2014, 10:19 AM
He played a few series. He ran it on that 75 yard TD run, called back when the WR held against your corner down field, to spring the run. We used 3 QB's in the scrimmage. One a freshman. Bellville looked good IMO. Fine tuning the passing game, and you'll be well on your way.

We have some work to do, but--I'm confident they'll get things lined out. Need some leaders to step forward and not tolerate some non-football related issues by those not on same page of what we are trying to accomplish here. Less talking, more blocking/tackling/catching would be nice, by those giving lip service out there. These certain players better gain that self-composure before Friday, as they'll be facing the King of trash talking, Refugio, in Refugio.

my son told there was a few guys out there that just talked alot crap. i am sure that it will all come to a stop, the leaders of the team will take care of it i am sure, if not i know the coaches will. Good luck the rest of year

YTBulldogs
08-18-2014, 10:23 AM
First teams Bellville 2 - Yoakum-1
Second teams Bellville 1 -Yoakum-0
Bellville Offensive and Defensive lines
looked really good for first scrimmage
Yoakum has a lot of work to do in line play. Speed is there but if you don't block well it does not matter.

Not sure about "a lot", but yes, some. Sometimes, the RB's didn't use the lanes created. Bellville is a quality team, and provided some resistance. Especially blowing some plays up in backfield. They are a solid team for a opening scrimmage.

YTBulldogs
08-18-2014, 10:26 AM
my son told there was a few guys out there that just talked alot crap. i am sure that it will all come to a stop, the leaders of the team will take care of it i am sure, if not i know the coaches will. Good luck the rest of year

I heard it from both. I know it's not tolerated here, as I know it's not from ya'll either. I'd like to have seen our "on field leaders" step in and handled it.

bd62
08-19-2014, 12:06 AM
Not sure about "a lot", but yes, some. Sometimes, the RB's didn't use the lanes created. Bellville is a quality team, and provided some resistance. Especially blowing some plays up in backfield. They are a solid team for a opening scrimmage.

I feel there a lot of work on line play due to the blowing plays in backfield. Three blocker down field and 3 defenders in your backfield is not a good situation for the read offense. they get it right but expected a better performance with many starters back. It looked looked Bellville kids were trying hard to earn a spot and some of Yoakum players felt like that a spot made. Coach K will change that attitude quick. he got all the tools and he find the kids that want it and the others can like some said stop talking trash start playing or bench time.