PDA

View Full Version : Godley Wildcats

Gen.Pat
08-09-2014, 10:57 AM
We have Meet the Wildcat tonite starting at 5Pm on the Field.

The whole school was shocked to being bumped up to 4A with less than 600 students.
Still the kids are out and working hard and preparing for 4A sports. We are looking forward to this new challenge.

regaleagle
08-09-2014, 11:20 AM
We have Meet the Wildcat tonite starting at 5Pm on the Field.

The whole school was shocked to being bumped up to 4A with less than 600 students.
Still the kids are out and working hard and preparing for 4A sports. We are looking forward to this new challenge.

Nothing to be "shocked" about. Argyle made the jump from 2A to 3A after only 4 yrs. in existence, and has been competing with much bigger schools for 11 years, and still does. Argyle has one of the smallest enrollments in Division I at 698 students. Godley won't have to compete against the larger enrollment schools with the new divided classification like Argyle and other small 3A's did in the past. Godley should make the jump with no problem.

Gen.Pat
08-09-2014, 03:25 PM
We were due to the changes in numbers from 2010 and 2012 3A: 450-1004 (430-989 last realignment). We were all expecting 3A but we got bumped up all the way to 4A.

Matthew328
08-09-2014, 07:28 PM
We were due to the changes in numbers from 2010 and 2012 3A: 450-1004 (430-989 last realignment). We were all expecting 3A but we got bumped up all the way to 4A.

Why would you expect 3A when 3A is the old 2A? Godley is a growing area...

Smitty
08-09-2014, 07:56 PM
What teams are in the district with Godley?

Gen.Pat
08-09-2014, 09:04 PM
http://www.lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=728.

FERRIS
VENUS
DALLAS Lincoln, Madison and Roosevelt.

Gen.Pat
08-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Why would you expect 3A when 3A is the old 2A? Godley is a growing area...

Because we only have 458 students when the snap shot was taken. Every one else we played last year except Tatum got moved up to 3A . We went from 2A to 4A in a single cycle.

Most of our growth been transfer students from other area schools.

Gen.Pat
08-09-2014, 09:17 PM
We had a good crowd for meet the Wildcats, All 4 teams got some scrimmage and 7 on 7. They started at 5 pm and we were Done by 7pm. This year we are fielding a All Freshman squad ,2 JV squads,and our Varsity. We have about 100 boys out for Football this year. Looking forward to our first Scrimmage with Maypearl next week.

Matthew328
08-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Because we only have 458 students when the snap shot was taken. Every one else we played last year except Tatum got moved up to 3A . We went from 2A to 4A in a single cycle.

You mean 488?

In reality Godley along with Bushland, Tatum, Salado and Jourdanton moved up just one class.

movethechain
08-09-2014, 11:18 PM

Tatum is also now in 4A. EVERYONE moved up one extra class level, even if they did not grow in size (in most cases). 4A is the new and improved 3A. So, you would normally expect maybe to just move one class level at this realignment, but NO, UIL had to throw you a double-whammy and make you feel really special.

mwrams
08-10-2014, 07:14 AM
I believe you will come to our house on Sept. 26. We have a new Coach and a changed atmosphere here in Mineral Wells.....You're gonna love our facilities....Some of the best in 4A. Cant recall these two ever meeting prior to this year....

bwdlionfan
08-10-2014, 08:07 AM
Anyone who plays AT Godley needs to plan a pre-game meal at Del Norte... get the brisket tacos.

Eagleborn
08-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Godley....... Blah

Gen.Pat
08-10-2014, 01:27 PM
I believe you will come to our house on Sept. 26. We have a new Coach and a changed atmosphere here in Mineral Wells.....You're gonna love our facilities....Some of the best in 4A. Cant recall these two ever meeting prior to this year....

Your correct according to Lone Star Football we never played against you.

Del Norta is a great place along with the Friday Seafood Buffett at Chisholm' s. We have accepted our fate and working hard to get ready to face our new opponents.

Gen.Pat
08-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Godley....... Blah

40-15 is all I got to say.

Matthew328
08-10-2014, 07:36 PM
love me some Tacos Del Norte

Eagleborn
08-10-2014, 07:52 PM

Sorry. Can't see that. The multiple state titles are in my way.

Gen.Pat
08-10-2014, 09:59 PM

Best of luck I expect both teams will have some surprises for the 4A.

Eagleborn
08-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Best of luck I expect both teams will have some surprises for the 4A.

I know we will...

Don't know anything about y'all though.

Gen.Pat
08-11-2014, 07:43 AM
We have our Qb and most of our Line back. Plus #20 returns for his Sr campaign and we got a underclassmen scat back whose a home run hitter . He busted off a long TD against Tatum last year. We got our old DC back as our HC and our OC is back and we have a new DC.

Bullaholic
08-11-2014, 09:07 AM
The Bulls will host the Godley Wildcats at Bull Stadium on Sept 12 for Homecoming. We welcome the opportunity to play another team that we have never played, and we will look forward to meeting them and their fans. Of course, I hope the Bulls rise to the occasion and get the win for the home folks---a win--any win in any week--will be more than welcome after last season. I hope the Godley team and fans come away with a good impression of Bull football and our fans. Go Bulls!

Phantom Stang
08-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Godley....... Blah

A 40-15 win over Tatum in the playoffs is worthy of attention, even if the Eagles are having a "down" year.
From what little research I've done, I see Godley as having an excellent chance of making the playoffs in 2014.

Gen.Pat
08-12-2014, 08:14 AM
A 40-15 win over Tatum in the playoffs is worthy of attention, even if the Eagles are having a "down" year.
From what little research I've done, I see Godley as having an excellent chance of making the playoffs in 2014.
I have been data mining and since 2009 we have won more games than any body on our schedule this year. I expect us to make the playoffs also. Our program is on solid ground with this Staff and the crop of players.

As far as Tatum is concerned they didn't talk like they were having a down year over on the East Texas Board. The game thread was 14 pages long.

Eagleborn
08-12-2014, 08:21 AM
Yea. Wasn't a down year. Tatum gave up. It was rough on those boys. Playing in lower 30s, sideways rain... Against kids that hunt in that type of weather, are in it all the time. Tatum was not prepared for that. Evans even admitted that.

GodleyEast
08-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Hey! New poster here! I have followed The Wildcats for many of year. Wish them the best of luck this season.

Gen.Pat
08-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Yea. Wasn't a down year. Tatum gave up. It was rough on those boys. Playing in lower 30s, sideways rain... Against kids that hunt in that type of weather, are in it all the time. Tatum was not prepared for that. Evans even admitted that.
Brother it was the most miserable game I ever attended as a player, coach or parent. Tatum played a great game until they had those turnovers which our boys took in for scores. Yes we got a bunch of cowboy/ ruffneck stock on our team.

GodleyEast
08-12-2014, 08:33 AM
We have our Qb and most of our Line back. Plus #20 returns for his Sr campaign and we got a underclassmen scat back whose a home run hitter . He busted off a long TD against Tatum last year. We got our old DC back as our HC and our OC is back and we have a new DC.

#20? Did he show up? I thought I heard otherwise.......

Gen.Pat
08-12-2014, 10:07 PM
#20? Did he show up? I thought I heard otherwise.......

Well you heard incorrectly. We talked to him after Meet the Wildcat Saturday night. He ready to roll.

GodleyEast
08-13-2014, 05:31 AM
oh...I see

he missed the the first week of 2 a days. and this week he's been practicing? I didnt get that update. And I thought nothing ever slipped by me.

Gen.Pat
08-13-2014, 12:19 PM
He was introduce after the Scrimmage.

Gen.Pat
08-13-2014, 12:20 PM
We got Maypearl up for our first Scrimmage at Home this Friday.

GodleyEast
08-13-2014, 03:37 PM
What time Gen.Pat?

I'm trying to make that!

Gen.Pat
08-13-2014, 05:39 PM
What time Gen.Pat?

I'm trying to make that!

7pm at GHS.

Gen.Pat
08-16-2014, 08:28 AM
Came up sick did anybody get there and have a report. I found nothing so far from the Times Review.

GodleyEast
08-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Gen

I got there during maypearls first series with the starters. the had apparently drove down from their own thirty to the fifty they were in the wing t. they got all the way down inside the ten but wer unable to get in the endzone and were shut down on 4th down. They werent able to move the ball much to finish their turn they didnt score.

Godleys turn started with a fumble covered by may pearl, their third play was a long pass over the middle to jonny davis over the middle thrown by aguirre for a td. Godley coming back the other way jeremy carter ripped off a run of about thirty or forty and looked good. Other than that, nothing memorable comes to mind. I dont think we scored again on our first series (i could be wrong). The twos for both teams came out and played to a scoreless tie, The young Brown kid looks like he has alot of upside to him, he's very athletic for a young player, and will be an asset to the team this season. I also saw the roden kid bust off a strong run up the middle for some good yardage. The Starters for both teams ran another series each and I think Godley scored a couple more tds and won the scrimmage
3-0. Godley had lots of fumbles and miscues, and looked like they have ALOT of work to do. Coach Dalton and his crew will do a good job of getting the team as good as they can get.

Its my opinion that the two godley kids that ditched their teamates for their own personal reasons would not make a difference in the win loss column this season.
They were good players, but not that good. They didnt understand the concept of "team".

Go Godley!

GodleyEast
08-16-2014, 03:54 PM
Found out today The second qb I saw last night was actually Cade Dalton. He's a Player!

I believe the Brown kid most likely qb'd the jv game which I did not get there to see. He's a player too!

Gen.Pat
08-17-2014, 07:12 PM
They looked the same way last year at the scrimmage they seem to be trying too hard. The Brown boy is little brother to Colby Jet Brown who was our Jet Sweep back a few years back. I am concerned about who will be backing up Carter since I don't know the JV kids that well.

WOS87
08-17-2014, 08:06 PM
Meh... size isn't what it's cracked up to be! Using it as an excuse before the fact is a cop out. WOS was the smallest 5A school in the state in 1985 when we were leading eventual State Champ Houston Yates with 4 minutes left in the game in the playoffs (lost 6-19 due to two very late TD's... remind me what the score was against Odessa Permian in the finals?) and also one of the smallest 4A schools in the state when we surprisingly made it to the state finals (beating La Marque for the only time ever btw *waves*) in 2000. It's actually a good thing to be underestimated. Good luck to Godley!! You have it WAY easier than when only one team made the playoffs per district and districts had 9-12 teams and were divided into zones and there were schools with 3 to 4 times the enrollment of others in the same classification.

Gen.Pat
08-18-2014, 07:07 PM
Meh... size isn't what it's cracked up to be! Using it as an excuse before the fact is a cop out. WOS was the smallest 5A school in the state in 1985 when we were leading eventual State Champ Houston Yates with 4 minutes left in the game in the playoffs (lost 6-19 due to two very late TD's... remind me what the score was against Odessa Permian in the finals?) and also one of the smallest 4A schools in the state when we surprisingly made it to the state finals (beating La Marque for the only time ever btw *waves*) in 2000. It's actually a good thing to be underestimated. Good luck to Godley!! You have it WAY easier than when only one team made the playoffs per district and districts had 9-12 teams and were divided into zones and there were schools with 3 to 4 times the enrollment of others in the same classification.

Thanks the boys are working their backsides off to get ready.

hollywood
08-18-2014, 11:06 PM

Thanks the boys are working their backsides off to get ready.

Key is mindset of the team. Stephenville was one of the smallest 4A's in the state when they won 4 of their 5 state championships.

Gen.Pat
08-19-2014, 07:04 PM
Yes I had just moved to Fort Worth when Art Briles got the Jackets rolling. I pretty sure we will do fine we just were surprised by our sudden growth spurt before the Chisholm Trail Parkway opened this Summer. The District talking about getting ready to build some more buildings.

Gen.Pat
08-23-2014, 10:35 PM
No report on Friday scrimmage and it is time to focus on Sunnyvale.

GodleyEast
08-25-2014, 06:44 AM
We scrimmaged gainesville. They were pretty good last year, and pretty good in the scrimmage. we didnt do that good. but showed a few sparks at the end.

Sunny, and up and coming program coming off a fresh State Championship in baseball. I have some film of both of their scrimmages, but havent had time to watch it. More later in the week.

I'd say the chances of getting a "w" against the raiders is a bout 50/50.

Go Wildcats.

Gen.Pat
08-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Saw the Roster today and we got 31 boys this year. I found and read the post script of the scrimmage and we seemed to do as good as I expected. I expect a Win to open the Season.

EL GATO
08-28-2014, 04:25 PM
I think you know better than that there GodleyEast. Godley will have there way with the raiders!
We scrimmaged gainesville. They were pretty good last year, and pretty good in the scrimmage. we didnt do that good. but showed a few sparks at the end.

Sunny, and up and coming program coming off a fresh State Championship in baseball. I have some film of both of their scrimmages, but havent had time to watch it. More later in the week.

Go Wildcats.

EL GATO
08-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Talked to the Jr High coach a couple of days ago. Godley has 91 Jr High players this year. I think the High School has 84 in the program.

GodleyEast
08-28-2014, 08:23 PM
I think you know better than that there GodleyEast. Godley will have there way with the raiders!

Man that would not hurt my feelings at all!

EL GATO
08-29-2014, 09:14 AM
Future looks bright for the wildcats after watching the JV games last night. I have a feeling that our run oriented offense of the past is about to turn in to the spread sling it offense! GO CATS!

Gen.Pat
08-30-2014, 07:43 AM
The Zebra crew shafted us on 3 critical plays last night and the Raiders won 49-42. They scored with 18 seconds on the clock .

Our young corners and safety' s need to grow up fast. We missed Bolden last night.

GodleyEast
08-30-2014, 02:36 PM

Go Wildcats.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rqH4fUbko2U/SrF-LFcWJZI/AAAAAAAAOrY/nhjkP3qnqq0/s400/image-15204-gallery-aqkj.jpg

GodleyEast
08-30-2014, 02:53 PM
The Zebra crew shafted us on 3 critical plays last night and the Raiders won 49-42. They scored with 18 seconds on the clock .

Our young corners and safety' s need to grow up fast. We missed Bolden last night.

pat, The refs didnt make us lose the game. we lost the game. We have some obvious hurdles to overcome to fix that defense. We missed Bolden? I didnt miss him. We need more players that want to play, and less players that dont want to play.Believe me, this is a winning formula.

Gen.Pat
08-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Bolden was a shut down Corner his first 2 two years.

GodleyEast
08-31-2014, 07:31 AM
he was a saftey, but yea. He was good when he wanted to play.