PDA

View Full Version : 16-4a di & dii.

ValleyCat
08-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Let's get the discussion started.

Also, join us on the 956sports forum. Best wishes to all TX 4A teams this season!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-07-2014, 07:42 PM
About time this thread was made! I'm guessing you're a Rio Hondo fan, yes?

SintonFan_inAustin
08-07-2014, 09:20 PM
About time this thread was made! I'm guessing you're a Rio Hondo fan, yes?Harligen/RH :) Might be kin to a Sinton ex qb(not really but share the same last name)

SintonFan_inAustin
08-07-2014, 09:28 PM
D1
Zapata brings back almost the whole team but not the player that was mostly the team last season, their rb. They'll be in the running for the top spot along with Grulla and La Feria. Kingsville is a rebuilding mode and might be good enough for 3rd or 4th.
1.Grulla
2.Zapata
3.La Feria
4.Kingsville
5.Hidalgo

D2
Orange Grove has 3 straight district titles with the last two being as tri champs. They're the favorites and I think they'll squeak it out. PI secondary will be the key to beating OG if it happens. Raymondville has played OG several times within the past 4 seasons so they know each other some so could be a good battle there.
1.Orange Grove
2.Port Isabel
3.Rio Hondo
4.Raymondville
5.West Oso
6.Progreso

Does the Howling Bear invade deep south texas this season? not likely

ValleyCat
08-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Harligen/RH :) Might be kin to a Sinton ex qb(not really but share the same last name)

No relation....unless he's got family in Karnes City...LOL.

You know me well SFIA.

ValleyCat
08-08-2014, 01:47 PM
D1
Zapata brings back almost the whole team but not the player that was mostly the team last season, their rb. They'll be in the running for the top spot along with Grulla and La Feria. Kingsville is a rebuilding mode and might be good enough for 3rd or 4th.
1.Grulla
2.Zapata
3.La Feria
4.Kingsville
5.Hidalgo

D2
Orange Grove has 3 straight district titles with the last two being as tri champs. They're the favorites and I think they'll squeak it out. PI secondary will be the key to beating OG if it happens. Raymondville has played OG several times within the past 4 seasons so they know each other some so could be a good battle there.
1.Orange Grove
2.Port Isabel
3.Rio Hondo
4.Raymondville
5.West Oso
6.Progreso

Does the Howling Bear invade deep south texas this season? not likely

I got to see a bit of La Feria during 7 on 7 and I have to say they are 3-4 deep at the QB position. WRs looked solid, not overly fast, but have good hands. They'll be a 60-40 pass/run team.

DII title will be battle for by the top four teams,IMO.

Raymondville hired a new HC that was their DC a couple of seasons ago. So, the kids know him.

PI brings back tons of SPEED, but lots of inexperience on both sides of the ball. Marco Colorado, Trey Mock, J.J. Gonzalez will be the Trio to watch out for on offense.

OG brings back their QB. They'll just reload at WR.

Rio Hondo brings back 9 on defense with Daniel Flores leading that unit. Offensively, it's no secret everything starts with our QB spot, but if our soph QB can take the reigns of the offense and beat out last season's QB, we'll be in good shape. Our QB last season was an athlete and showed signs of the next Joseph Vela at times, and a freshman QB at times. Consistency, is going to be the key for our offense.

I wouldn't count out West Oso or Progreso getting into the mix.

ValleyCat
08-08-2014, 01:49 PM
About time this thread was made! I'm guessing you're a Rio Hondo fan, yes?

How'd you know?? GO 'CATS!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-15-2014, 02:39 PM
How'd you know?? GO 'CATS!

It's me, T94.

I just made the name here waaaaaaaay back in like, 2002? I was still living in the DFW area at the time, hence the name. But I'm a Houston boy now, and here pretty soon, possibly back in Port Isabel for a little while.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Been hearing some pretty bad news, the injury bug is biting Port Isabel in a pretty big way. Several key linemen are down, and one of the potential QBs (PI was going to go with dual QBs this season) may be out for the season with a back injury.

ValleyCat
08-19-2014, 01:28 AM
Been hearing some pretty bad news, the injury bug is biting Port Isabel in a pretty big way. Several key linemen are down, and one of the potential QBs (PI was going to go with dual QBs this season) may be out for the season with a back injury.

Did it happen yesterday in practice or from Saturday's scrimmage?? Hate to hear any kid getting injured.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Don't know, it's all chisme (a word most people on this forum won't understand) at this point, but the news came from the father of one of the players so IMO it's pretty legit.

ValleyCat
08-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Don't know, it's all chisme (a word most people on this forum won't understand) at this point, but the news came from the father of one of the players so IMO it's pretty legit.

Well, I'm planning on being at the PI/Mercedes scrimmage so I'll let you know if the fella sat out or played.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-19-2014, 03:51 PM
Well, I'm planning on being at the PI/Mercedes scrimmage so I'll let you know if the fella sat out or played.

There may also be several linemen sitting out as well.

ValleyCat
09-05-2014, 03:31 PM
PI vs. Rio Grande City
RH vs La Joya Juarez Lincoln
Progreso vs. Hidalgo
La Feria vs. Santa Rosa
Orange Grove vs Tuloso-Midway
WO vs Bishop

SintonFan_inAustin
09-05-2014, 03:49 PM
PI vs. Rio Grande City
RH vs La Joya Juarez Lincoln