PDA

View Full Version : 2014 LH Panthers

panfan
08-06-2014, 09:46 AM
Well I called Burnet out to give us some heads up on what they had coming this year and they folded like a wilted flower and wouldn't give up the skinny on their dawgs. :rolleyes: Here is some limited info (cause its all I know for now) about LH's Panthers. There are 14 seniors this year who either started or saw more than 50% playing time last season. The O-line is comprised of returning players and all are bigger, stronger, and quicker this season. We will have a new QB, who was the backup last season, but this kid is fast, and has an arm, so expect to see LH put the ball in the air a bit more this season (let the jokes commence). Let's face it, passing is not our bread and butter, but being able to do it with success keeps everyone from stacking 11 in the box.

Couple of new guys in the backfield including some returning players. These guys are faster than last year's running back crew and bigger, so I'm hoping to see some break away runs for some big gains this season. Defense has several returning starters from last season, who did a really good job of limiting the opponent's scoring (except against Vernon, ouch!). Several of the defensive guys are getting looks at the next level, maybe not D1, but they have demonstrated a significant level of playing ability and will play at the next level. Some of the new guys coming up appear to be solid players and will plug into the few gaps left by departing seniors. All in all, we have a solid core of experienced players, with a few new guys in the mix. Preseason schedule will be tough, but we make it through that with no significant injuries at key positions, and we will have a good shot at a decent run into the playoffs. Preseason schedule includes:
La Grange, Brenham, Brownwood, Waco Connally, and Abilene Wylie.

Cam
08-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Well I called Burnet out to give us some heads up on what they had coming this year and they folded like a wilted flower and wouldn't give up the skinny on their dawgs. :rolleyes: Here is some limited info (cause its all I know for now) about LH's Panthers. There are 14 seniors this year who either started or saw more than 50% playing time last season. The O-line is comprised of returning players and all are bigger, stronger, and quicker this season. We will have a new QB, who was the backup last season, but this kid is fast, and has an arm, so expect to see LH put the ball in the air a bit more this season (let the jokes commence). Let's face it, passing is not our bread and butter, but being able to do it with success keeps everyone from stacking 11 in the box.

Couple of new guys in the backfield including some returning players. These guys are faster than last year's running back crew and bigger, so I'm hoping to see some break away runs for some big gains this season. Defense has several returning starters from last season, who did a really good job of limiting the opponent's scoring (except against Vernon, ouch!). Several of the defensive guys are getting looks at the next level, maybe not D1, but they have demonstrated a significant level of playing ability and will play at the next level. Some of the new guys coming up appear to be solid players and will plug into the few gaps left by departing seniors. All in all, we have a solid core of experienced players, with a few new guys in the mix. Preseason schedule will be tough, but we make it through that with no significant injuries at key positions, and we will have a good shot at a decent run into the playoffs. Preseason schedule includes:
La Grange, Brenham, Brownwood, Waco Connally, and Abilene Wylie.

...why should I say anything?...nobody reads my posts anyways!!....when I do post it's strictly for self entertainment!!...:taunt::spitlol:

...this is all Greendawg's fault!!

Cam
08-06-2014, 01:09 PM
yo panfan...that boy of yours healed up yet??...

How bout posting them 2013 highlights of him for all to see & enjoy? Your humbleness sickens me panfan!!!....:D.....heck, I'm so proud of anything that comes outta me even when I fart in front of co-workers the first words out of my mouth are, "Don't sniff, there's enough for everybody!!"......:doh:

this is all Greendawg's fault....

panfan
08-06-2014, 06:12 PM
yo panfan...that boy of yours healed up yet??...

How bout posting them 2013 highlights of him for all to see & enjoy? Your humbleness sickens me panfan!!!....:D.....heck, I'm so proud of anything that comes outta me even when I fart in front of co-workers the first words out of my mouth are, "Don't sniff, there's enough for everybody!!"......:doh:

this is all Greendawg's fault....

You asked for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3DDhNhl2J4

Pudlugger
08-06-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm really looking forward to our first game of the season against the Panthers. La Grange will be solid on defense with 7 starters back and several guys who saw plenty of action last season in our 14 game run to the Semifinal. Our offense ought to be explosive with Bralon Hutchison and Dobbins carrying the ball. Both have incredible speed and moves. Qb will be Jake Dixon who also got plenty of snaps last year and is very similar in style as his predecessor Davis although a little smaller and more shifty. He has a good arm and will be a threat on play action plays as he is fast. Our offensive line will be the big question this year. We lost the core of our OL to graduation and that means 3 new starters will need to step up and fill some big shoes.