PDA

View Full Version : 25/40 Play Clock this year.

Rabid Cougar
08-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Want to watch the Referees get their workouts in? This will be the year. The ball is ready to snap as soon as the offical puts on the ground.

YTBulldogs
08-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Want to watch the Referees get their workouts in? This will be the year. The ball is ready to snap as soon as the offical puts on the ground.

More like the boxman on the chain crew.

Scoop27
08-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Will the play clocks on the field be set at 40 seconds instead of 25?

bobcat1
08-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Fat refs will be yelling Uncle and calling for TV timeouts. :p

YTBulldogs
08-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Will the play clocks on the field be set at 40 seconds instead of 25?

Both will be used scoop, based on situations. Administration stoppage (penalty mark off's, change of possession, etc) the :25 clock will be used. Most part, :40 will be used. Biggest change, clock operators will not be able to eat nacho's and not pay attention, along with the schools' provided ball boys will no longer be the coaches 6 year old, who is 30 yards away from wing official.

GrTigers6
08-06-2014, 08:14 AM
As a Head Linesman I am just praying for great chain crews. A bad chain crew will definitely make for a long night! :helpme:

YTBulldogs
08-06-2014, 05:35 PM
As a Head Linesman I am just praying for great chain crews. A bad chain crew will definitely make for a long night! :helpme:

Just make sure "Biscuit Bubba" isn't on the box. Unless he can move faster than a umpire.:tongue: As Mike Wise would say, need someone with back judge speed on the box. I told my HL, make the change if need be and get some wheels on the box in pre-game. I don't care if they say, "Bubba's" been the box man for 20 years. I think we'll have numerous bean bags on the ground prior to snaps till they get the message, the box requires speed all night long GrTigers. You still out of FW chapter? Seen several of my buds from there at state. Did you go?

Rabid Cougar
08-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Bean bag..... my new best friend.

GrTigers6
08-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Just make sure "Biscuit Bubba" isn't on the box. Unless he can move faster than a umpire.:tongue: As Mike Wise would say, need someone with back judge speed on the box. I told my HL, make the change if need be and get some wheels on the box in pre-game. I don't care if they say, "Bubba's" been the box man for 20 years. I think we'll have numerous bean bags on the ground prior to snaps till they get the message, the box requires speed all night long GrTigers. You still out of FW chapter? Seen several of my buds from there at state. Did you go?Yes I did and yes Im still at FW.

GrTigers6
08-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Bean bag..... my new best friend.

:2thumbsup

zebrablue2
08-06-2014, 09:46 PM

Our umpire will still control this, and defense will have the chance to sub..

buckeyebob
08-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Playing with the Buckeyes will be quick & very tiring

Rabid Cougar
08-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Our umpire will still control this, and defense will have the chance to sub..

but only if the offense does. Other than that, R and U will be scrambling to get out of the way.