PDA

View Full Version : Wylie Bulldogs 2014

slingshot
08-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Guardedly optimistic about this team. Should be very good on the O-line with 4 of 5 seaon-ending starters from last year back, got a lot of experience last year and all are bigger and stronger this year. D-line should also be solid with D1 recruit Baylen Baker and returning starter Logan Gilliam at the ends. LB corp will be anchored by 1st team All State D1 recruit Clay Johnston. Several speedy backs return and as always we will have a lot of depth and senior leadership. Questions at QB and WR/DB will have to be answered quickly. Murderer's row schedule will test us early and show what we need to improve on. Veteran and high quality coaching staff will see that we do... Go 'Dawgs!

regaleagle
08-04-2014, 07:34 AM
The first game against Argyle should be very close. I'm interested to see how Cooper Rodgers(QB) performs against a quality team to start the season. You can bet Ralston will be ready to go, but will need some help with the passing game to carry the offense. Actually, I feel pretty good about the Eagles on defense despite the heavy losses from graduation. I look for Ralston to play LB on defense, along with a seasoned Taylor Sweatt now....so against the run Argyle should be up to the task. Not sure about the secondary though....could be an Achilles Heel for Argyle this season.

slingshot
08-04-2014, 01:56 PM
The first game against Argyle should be very close. I'm interested to see how Cooper Rodgers(QB) performs against a quality team to start the season. You can bet Ralston will be ready to go, but will need some help with the passing game to carry the offense. Actually, I feel pretty good about the Eagles on defense despite the heavy losses from graduation. I look for Ralston to play LB on defense, along with a seasoned Taylor Sweatt now....so against the run Argyle should be up to the task. Not sure about the secondary though....could be an Achilles Heel for Argyle this season.I think both teams will find out what they need to work on after that game... really looking forward to it. The drive there? Not so much...

Sweetwater Red
08-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Wylie has a really tough schedule. Here are pigskin prep's preseason expectations for the Bulldogs.

Week 1 at Argyle - Argyle by 15
Week 2 at Burnet - Wylie by 3
Wk 3 Graham - Graham by 18
Wk 4 N. Richland Hills Birdville - Birdville by 16
Wk 5 Liberty Hill - Liberty Hill by 5
Wk 6 at Vernon - Wylie by 7
Wk 7 Open
Wk 8 Brownwood - Wylie by 22
Wk 9 at Snyder - Wylie by 30
Wk 10 Big Spring - Wylie by 3
Wk 11 at Stephenville - Stephenville by 21

panfan
08-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Guardedly optimistic about this team. Should be very good on the O-line with 4 of 5 seaon-ending starters from last year back, got a lot of experience last year and all are bigger and stronger this year. D-line should also be solid with D1 recruit Baylen Baker and returning starter Logan Gilliam at the ends. LB corp will be anchored by 1st team All State D1 recruit Clay Johnston. Several speedy backs return and as always we will have a lot of depth and senior leadership. Questions at QB and WR/DB will have to be answered quickly. Murderer's row schedule will test us early and show what we need to improve on. Veteran and high quality coaching staff will see that we do... Go 'Dawgs!

Wylie is always salty. Looking forward to our meeting this year. Its been a while since LH and Wylie played. The last meeting I recall was cancelled due to a big ol rain storm with lots of lightning. Good luck Dawgs!

slingshot
08-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Wylie has a really tough schedule. Here are pigskin prep's preseason expectations for the Bulldogs.

Week 1 at Argyle - Argyle by 15
Week 2 at Burnet - Wylie by 3
Wk 3 Graham - Graham by 18
Wk 4 N. Richland Hills Birdville - Birdville by 16
Wk 5 Liberty Hill - Liberty Hill by 5
Wk 6 at Vernon - Wylie by 7
Wk 7 Open
Wk 8 Brownwood - Wylie by 22
Wk 9 at Snyder - Wylie by 30
Wk 10 Big Spring - Wylie by 3
Wk 11 at Stephenville - Stephenville by 21
Hmmm... I'll predict an 8-2 finish and a good playoff run. If we gel at a couple of key positions and avoid getting devastated by the injury bug like the last 2 years we could be very good.