PDA

View Full Version : What makes a great team & Powerlifting w/ football

Lion5803
10-28-2002, 07:32 PM
Hey, I am a linebacker at Kaufman High School and I believe that I finally realized what it really takes to have a winning team. It's not talent that is keeping our team (for instance) from winning, we have size and speed and lots of talent, but I believe that the closeness of your team and your WANT to win can establish a winning team. My team for instance came into district 4-1. At that time we were averaging around 400 yards of total offense a game. But for some reason the team was satisfied with that and lost their will to win, I found it harder and harder to keep my team-mates focused, and from there on it's all been down hill. With every loss it seems that we fall farther and farther apart as far as our team goes. Anyways, I believe that it isn't really talent that seperates the winner from the losers, but teammanship and Will.

Also, I saw a post earlier this week about the effects of powerlifting on football players. I have powerlifted since my freshman year & have only found it to help.Because of powerlifting I am squatting 520 lbs, benching 300, and deadlifting 480, all at 180 lbs. The only advice I have is STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH. All those squats, in my opinion, slow you down (I am only running a 4.8). I say the worst Powerlifting can do for ya is a back-ache.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-28-2002, 09:20 PM
You are exactly right. Your team is falling apart because they are unsatisfied. You can't win a game until you play as a team and become better. Last year, my team went from a 3-5 seasong and we are currently 5-2. The losses came to us through stupid mistakes. It was a wake-call to everybody. Everyone started hustling to make us better at the beginning of the season after our first loss. We sucked it up and went out and won the next 5 games over JV teams and 4A teams. Keep in mind that we are only freshmen. You need to do something to fire your team up. You need to step up and be a leader, be vocal, and bring them back together. That's all that I have to tell you. It may or may not have helped you a bit, but atleast I tried. Good luck.