PDA

View Full Version : Newton

football_man
07-21-2002, 02:06 PM
newton lost many key players this year, how do you people think this will affect their chances this year. i think they lost 3 off lineman, and a couple key defence players, what do ya think?

Matthew328
07-23-2002, 12:10 AM
Newton was hit by graduation but they always seem to reload...I think they'll be fine...gotta tough district but I look for them to make noise in November..

Old Cardinal
07-23-2002, 02:13 PM
Newton has a host of good players back. I saw their JV play, you know and I know, they could have taken at least half on the Districts varsity teams. It's kind of fun, nobody down here in the higher Classifications wanted to chance playing Bridge City or Newton this year. I think this preseason,game is important for both teams to prepare for post-season.

bc 76
07-23-2002, 03:00 PM
Old Cardinal are you saying that teams like wos or nederland did not want to play you-all.

duckbutter
07-23-2002, 03:28 PM
That's what he's saying.......We had to search all over the state to fill our open slots.

Old Cardinal
07-23-2002, 05:29 PM
You know Duckbutter, its kind of strange...Last year Bridge City loses to a very physical Vidor team in double overtime 24-21...Vidor had 700+ more students than BC, boy their(BC) ratings drop to #100 or so. Newton drops a close game to powerhouse Jasper and the Poll Guru's say you are all washed up, for the year! BC opens with LCM that has 400+ more students and a good group of returnees, if they lose- they drop to #200 by the Guru's----But if you go play weak 3A's and maintain 10-0 they rank you above the teams that progress 4 rounds in the playoffs! You can't win for losing!