PDA

View Full Version : NFL punishments

caleb_mccaig
07-24-2014, 10:21 AM
So I'm not sure if any one has heard yet, but WR Justin Blackmon was caught and arrested for marijuana again last night, he'll probably get the Josh Gordon sentence which we are all assuming is a year ban if not more. Also, this morning Ray Rice, who was CAUGHT on video absolutely knocking the crap out of his then fiance and was fined $58K. Matt Miller, from Bleacher Report, said fining Rice that amount is like fining someone who has made $50K over the last two years $116.

So I'm just curious what is everyone's opinion over the way these penalties are given? Are they fair? I have a feeling most people will say no, but remember Rice wasn't tried in court and his fiance is now his wife and we all know marijuana is definitely still 100% illegal.

cougartino
07-24-2014, 11:05 AM
It's going to be interesting to see what happens to Irsay.

caleb_mccaig
07-24-2014, 11:46 AM
It's going to be interesting to see what happens to Irsay.

It's impossible for him to really lose. They could suspend him but what does it matter, he still owns the team and is still getting the paycheck. The only thing he'll miss out on is having to actually go to the game.

cougartino
07-24-2014, 11:58 AM
It's impossible for him to really lose. They could suspend him but what does it matter, he still owns the team and is still getting the paycheck. The only thing he'll miss out on is having to actually go to the game.

:iagree:

carter08
07-24-2014, 03:09 PM
You should get suspended longer for knocking your gf/wife unconscious than you should for smoking weed.

You should probably get suspended for smoking weed too, since it's illegal, but Gordon/Blackmon being suspended longer than Ray Rice is just stupid.

panfan
07-24-2014, 03:54 PM
So I'm not sure if any one has heard yet, but WR Justin Blackmon was caught and arrested for marijuana again last night, he'll probably get the Josh Gordon sentence which we are all assuming is a year ban if not more. Also, this morning Ray Rice, who was CAUGHT on video absolutely knocking the crap out of his then fiance and was fined $58K. Matt Miller, from Bleacher Report, said fining Rice that amount is like fining someone who has made $50K over the last two years $116.

So I'm just curious what is everyone's opinion over the way these penalties are given? Are they fair? I have a feeling most people will say no, but remember Rice wasn't tried in court and his fiance is now his wife and we all know marijuana is definitely still 100% illegal.

Beating the crap out of your wife/girlfriend is illegal in all 50 states, but smoking weed is illegal in only 48 states, legal in CO and WA! :smoker: Apparently shooting yourself in the leg is worth going to prison for (Plaxico Burress) and NFL fine, but murder is ok (Ray Lewis) but you get an NFL fine, as long as its only one. If its two or more you go to jail then (Aaron Hernandez) no NFL fine. And if you are just a dumbass, no NFL fine, but you don't get to play any more (Vince Young and Richie Incognito).

cougartino
07-24-2014, 04:47 PM
So, is it a violation if you're a Seahawk or Bronco and smoke weed? What about players who travel to those states?

BwdLion73
07-24-2014, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=carter08;1815568]You should get suspended longer for knocking your gf/wife unconscious than you should for smoking weed.

QUOTE]

She was most likely asking for it.

carter08
07-25-2014, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=carter08;1815568]You should get suspended longer for knocking your gf/wife unconscious than you should for smoking weed.

QUOTE]

She was most likely asking for it.

Not funny. & if you're being serious...

Cam
07-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Speaking of banning.....I banned my girlfriend from a movie date once!...We were both 17. While driving to the theater, she started horsing around and throwin' jabs at my face while I was driving. I turned towards her at the wrong time and her fist popped me right on the nose!...To this day, that's the only nose bleed I've ever received from anyone!! Girlfriend had a mean jab!! My nose was bleeding so bad I got pissed, not to mention my pride had been shattered, so, I turned around and took her home in anger, no movies tonight!!.....Thought for sure that was gonna be the end of our relationship.....been married to that girl for over 30 years now!!!:spitlol:

caleb_mccaig
07-25-2014, 12:53 PM
So, is it a violation if you're a Seahawk or Bronco and smoke weed? What about players who travel to those states?

It's a league rule. It's just like if you work for a company that drug tests in Cali or Washington.

Rabid Cougar
07-25-2014, 01:00 PM
NCAA- School imposed punishment are even worse. You go to the dog house over the off season, get kicked off the baseball team then you play entire season....... Crab legs.

cougartino
07-25-2014, 02:49 PM
It's a league rule. It's just like if you work for a company that drug tests in Cali or Washington.

I was thinking if it's legal there (like cigarettes, alcohol), other than a DUI/DWI, would the rule need to be changed. I can't wait to see a Seahawk or Bronco challenge that. I'm sure there's a lawyer somewhere looking to make a name for himself.

BwdLion73
07-25-2014, 04:09 PM
Not serious....sheldon.