PDA

View Full Version : Glen Rose folks

44INAROW
07-17-2014, 02:39 PM
THis isn't sports related SHOOT ME lol

My son and daughter in law flew in from Florida last weekend for a wedding in Stephenville/Glen Rose area at the Rough Creek Lodge. We met them in Austin early Friday AM and picked up their 9 month old son and they headed to Rough Creek Lodge for the pre wedding festivities..... Chad (my son) texted me Friday night with a picture of the best looking cheeseburger - they ate at the Green Pickle (I think that's the name) he said he's eaten burgers all over the country and this was by far, the best cheeseburger he's ever eaten.. He said the bun was lathered in butter, then grilled just right, the meat was superb and the cheese was 'gooey' lol............ Now I understand they'd been drinking all day and a cow chip burger might have tasted good at the time - but what do the 'locals' think of the Green Pickle? Chad also said the Lodge was very nice and lots to do - they did rock climbing lol wish I had pics of that...................... we met them at 2:00 Sunday in San Marcos to give the baby back ( :() and he said we'd meet at Saltgrass.... Well, Saltgrass in San Marcos is where Peppers on the Falls used to be (I am dating myself now) then a Joe's Crab Shack... Pretty good food but Chad said he still gives the Green Pickle best food for the weekend lol

bobcat1
07-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Sounds good to me especially after a football game. There I fixed it for ya 44!:2thumbsup

44INAROW
07-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Sounds good to me especially after a football game. There I fixed it for ya 44!:2thumbsup

thanks for having my back Bobcat :)

Rabid Cougar
07-17-2014, 03:52 PM
VERY SPORTS RELATED>>>>>

Not a local but been there plenty of times. Green Pickle is VERY GOOD. Most definitely a "have to" place. Have eaten there on my many trips to Glen Rose for football/baseball games and track meets. VERY crowded after games and open only until 11.

ALSO have to try Pie Peddler. Just around the corner on the square. AWESOME homemade pie. Very much a a"have to" when you go to Glen Rose. Have to do that before game though.

44INAROW
07-17-2014, 06:05 PM
VERY SPORTS RELATED>>>>>

Not a local but been there plenty of times. Green Pickle is VERY GOOD. Most definitely a "have to" place. Have eaten there on my many trips to Glen Rose for football/baseball games and track meets. VERY crowded after games and open only until 11.

ALSO have to try Pie Peddler. Just around the corner on the square. AWESOME homemade pie. Very much a a"have to" when you go to Glen Rose. Have to do that before game though.

Thanks for the info.... We've never been that area and I'm thinking we need a road trip and FOOD is always the focus 😜

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rabid Cougar
07-17-2014, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the info.... We've never been that area and I'm thinking we need a road trip and FOOD is always the focus ��

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bunk House BBQ on the southside of Clifton on Highway 6 is also a "have to". That is the halfway snack for trips to Glen Rose.

Bug Truck
07-19-2014, 09:18 PM
The pickle is a great burger so are there hand cut fries comes with the burger. Great place to eat

GrTigers6
07-22-2014, 07:23 AM
Bunk House BBQ on the southside of Clifton on Highway 6 is also a "have to". That is the halfway snack for trips to Glen Rose.
I agree with you rabid cougar. Great place to eat!
And The green pickle in my opinion is the best burger!

Smitty
07-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Agree....the Green Pickles makes a tasty burger! The Pie Peddler was voted best Pie in Texas by the Texas Country Reporter. I like me some PIE!

GrTigers6
07-24-2014, 05:49 AM
Agree....the Green Pickles makes a tasty burger! The Pie Peddler was voted best Pie in Texas by the Texas Country Reporter. I like me some PIE!Yes they are very good as well. Just my body cant afford to eat to many of those, lol The burgers either lol