PDA

View Full Version : Time for business

PlayHardWinHard
08-01-2002, 09:13 PM
As we enter our final weekend before 2-a-days, I wish all coaches the best of luck. It has been a long summer and I am excited about starting up again on monday. Good luck to all of us and our players. Man what a job!!!

eye of the tiger
08-01-2002, 10:11 PM
Good luck to you this year coach. Have an injury free and winning season and most of all---have fun. After 2 a days have fun anyway. It has been quite a while since I played the game, but some things you don't forget, and 2 a days are one of them.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-02-2002, 10:08 AM
best of luck to you this year, coach!

QBKilla
08-03-2002, 04:28 PM
Just wanted to tell all the fellow athletes on this board to be careful during practice and know when its time to shut it down. Good luck to all.

PlayHardWinHard
08-03-2002, 09:44 PM
Coaches have really been concerned about that. A lot of talk at coaching school was about the heat. Some schools are going to 2 morning workouts, or 1 early morning and then one late evening workout. 2 a days in HS football is really changing from when I played.

sinton66
08-03-2002, 09:52 PM
Fortunately, kids are much more resiliant than most of us, but it sure wouldn't hurt anything to have a staffer specifically watching for the signs of heat stress. No season is worth the life of a kid.